test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Patch Notes: Strongholds!

Comments

• putzboy78putzboy78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,950 Arc User
    temjiu wrote: »

That's the problem with big Corps. Budgets aren't decided based on how much revenue a game brings in. All that goes to the general coffer, of which choice VP's tend to pull from for their pet projects. Games in maintenance mode are usually the ones that continue to struggle.

It's the problem with modern business. Everything is quarterly. Managers shoot for that good 1 or 2 quarters so they can move on to the next big name project. No pride in building something to last, no connection to the customer. It's all cookie cutter and quitting while your ahead... it saddens me
  • temjiutemjiu Member Posts: 92 Arc User
    putzboy78 wrote: »

That's the problem with big Corps. Budgets aren't decided based on how much revenue a game brings in. All that goes to the general coffer, of which choice VP's tend to pull from for their pet projects. Games in maintenance mode are usually the ones that continue to struggle.

It's the problem with modern business. Everything is quarterly. Managers shoot for that good 1 or 2 quarters so they can move on to the next big name project. No pride in building something to last, no connection to the customer. It's all cookie cutter and quitting while your ahead... it saddens me

So true. worked for a company that was touting a new management system that will go partially unnamed (cough something-sigma cough), that was pretty much all about doing the system training and meeting certain criteria for advancement (you must have x managers underneath you with x employees). entire management teams were shuffling around like crazy while whole departments were being ignored and it wasn't until the maintenance teams were literally running out of people to monitor the networks did people start to pay attention. Management for managements sake was never a good idea...

But I digress. where's our DPS when you need them! there's a dragon to slay in the NWO office! also you don't have to worry about incorrect red spots anymore, so no more mysterious sudden deaths when you swore you were out of the red stuff....go kill that dragon!
  • jim9311jim9311 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 60 Arc User
    putzboy78 wrote: »

i see that here. fix the current issues we, as customers, have asked you to address before moving on to Strongholds. I know that the Demon mod is probably tied to licensing as that is the D&D season coming up but Strongholds could have waited. They seem oblivious to the fact that they are running off ol dplayers and newer players are turned off by the lag and items not working etc. There is always going to be an enchant bonus that didn't get coded or something minor, but show us that you care and fix it before telling us about better and bigger and buy more.
  • putzboy78putzboy78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,950 Arc User
    Up.... but crashing while loading
  • yckebyckeb Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    ok does anyone know whats causeing the freeze up at the neverwinter screen or how to fix it?
  • webbigwebbig Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 30 Arc User
    Imagine my surprise!! Server is kind of up... except launcher doesn't actually launch the game without crashing. So how many more days to fix this issue?
  • beargarbeargar Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    Any word on crashing while going to character screen?
    glad to see it wasn't just me crashing at the loading screen
    So are they going to post any news on the crashing issue atm or just leave us in the dark to try and reload every 5 mins?
    I dont think anyone can, its crashing as it goes to character screen.
    beargar wrote: »
    I dont think anyone can, its crashing as it goes to character screen.

I crash before that
    And yet they keep the server status UP!, at least use lube.
    No Doubt bud.
  • motentiamotentia Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    :/ Its not bloody working! Ive been at this hours now and all I get is a fricking error about my kernel 353.62 not responding, then recovering, a black screen that then goes white and 'NEVERWINTER IS NOT RESPONDING'. So now what? Any ideas anyone?
    Now after several attempts I got a fatal error message about the direct3d or some such
    Never had that issue before today's update and have had no computer updates to change the pc
  • harleysevensharleysevens Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    JFC I bet Strongholds isn't even ACTUALLY done and this is some excuse to buy them some time.
    Is there away to send in game mail from the gateway. I need to inform my guild that one of their officers will not be returning to this broken game. Uninstalled and reinstalled and rebooted and reinstalled arc. DONE.
    and the customer service doesn't help. Not even a cursory we are aware of the issue and working to fix it message.
  • greyyergreyyer Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I also experience crashing after the loading screen and prior to character screen appearing. It appears to be related to the video drivers (or the game's implementations). I used both the GeForce GT 630M drivers ('new' 337.89 driver I think for my notebood card) and the standard Intel built-in drivers and neither one worked. Not having any issues with any other games on Steam or the PC and had no issues last night before the patch....
  • ruihanaruihana Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    Can't play; myself and hundreds of other players cannot get past the loading screen before the game crashes. This happened after the last patch as well. Many people are complaining (not just about the crashes)...you guys should pay more attention to your players. Without us you wouldn't have a game (unless you just played yourselves I guess).
  • wentriswentris Member Posts: 542 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Is it true that in dungeons with 2 chests you cant preview the 2nd chest anymore? You have to use crafted/bought key anyway? Is it intended? If so, have rewards been boosted significantly? Because as it was in previous modules there is no reason to buy these keys, in longer run you will spend 5x more, than you get rewarded. Especially for Zen keys
  • gusardgusard Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    I also am unable to get into the game still. Getting crash after white cryptic screen. launcher also say "experiencing technical difficulties. Normal game play not affected". hmmm. Same crash/log on error as with last mod. an update in the forums would be much appreciated by all I believe. 7:53am 8/12/15.
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    gusard wrote: »
    I also am unable to get into the game still. Getting crash after white cryptic screen. launcher also say "experiencing technical difficulties. Normal game play not affected". hmmm. Same crash/log on error as with last mod. an update in the forums would be much appreciated by all I believe. 7:53am 8/12/15.

Same problem on my husband's computer still as well. However, it's still very early in California, so I think the devs are sleeping. Which they need after a day like yesterday. Hopefully they can get this fixed ASAP.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • daxylldaxyll Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    I am also unable to get further than the Neverwinter screen before it crashes. this is just since the stronghold update. Message reads gameclient.exe not responding. Please tell us all what is happening.
  • kate932015kate932015 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    so it 1 now in california are the developers still sleeping or did have to find new staff.
This discussion has been closed.