test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Patch Notes: Strongholds!

strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

Comments

• morrowind69morrowind69 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 26 Arc User
    All waiting for the update good luck .... B)
  • orangebangorangebang Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 55 Arc User
    I love ability to use a mount at level 4. Love the patch notes! Now just improve PvP matching.
  • putzboy78putzboy78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,950 Arc User
    Fixing the Lord Jevahn Jhalvar terrain trick, that was a classic. It's been there since beta. tsk tsk
  • torontodavetorontodave Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 992 Arc User
    The Leaderboard season has reset to accompany the new module.

Does this mean a new season of NCL? .. Will we be able to earn Combat League Tokens again?
    NW-DSQ39N5SJ - 'To Infinity, and BEYOND!' - Spelljammer Quest. Skyships, Indiana Jones moments
    NW-DC9R4J5EH - 'The Black Pearl' - Spelljammer! Phlo Riders and Space Orcs
    Thanks for all the fish.
  • wlinazwlinaz Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 150 Arc User
    Classes and Balance

General
    The following powers are now considered "Personal Shields". Warding Flare, Absolution, Divine Touch, Exemplar of the Light, Holy Barrier.
    Oathbound Paladin
    Divine Touch is no longer incorrectly considered a personal shield. ...

Um, what?
  • mynaammynaam Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 937 Arc User
    Waiting patiently ... Good luck to players and staff
    There are more than BIS players in this game
    RIP Real Tiamat, RIP Real Demogorgon RIP real Temple of the spider. Why remove non bis content to give to bis players ????
    FORCING the majority of your player base to play 4 mod old dungeons and trial will have a bad result on player base
    Changes are getting so bad i would rather prefer no new changes (RIP ICE FISHING in winter fest)

• shiani1shiani1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 316 Arc User
    Looks like a lot of work went into this :) Hoping for a smooth roll-out!
    Kianni Ravenmoon and Izyana Sol'Eetah

• kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    I'm really excited for it! :D
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • thegreatmikeythegreatmikey Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 122 Arc User
    We demand CAKE!
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    We demand CAKE!

Why do we need cake? We are getting lots of other awesome stuff with Strongholds. Besides, I want a donut instead.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • hiperion16hiperion16 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 89 Arc User
    We demand CAKE!
    indeed we do :p looking good so far andy,keep up the good work.

• asterdahlasterdahl Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,258 Cryptic Developer
    wlinaz wrote: »
    Classes and Balance

General
    The following powers are now considered "Personal Shields". Warding Flare, Absolution, Divine Touch, Exemplar of the Light, Holy Barrier.
    Oathbound Paladin
    Divine Touch is no longer incorrectly considered a personal shield. ...

Um, what?

This was an oops—it should be removed from the patch notes now. It was changed on preview and then changed back. In short: Divine Touch isn't changing, and won't be displaying as a personal shield.
  • silvereldunarisilvereldunari Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    Great! the only fix is the graphical display of one feat, that we all knew was only graphical, great fixes for the HR
  • zeusomzeusom Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 810 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    You all have been busy!
    Sopi (aka Haxbox) SW [Synergy]
    Sopi SW Youtube channel pvp brickabrack

• drakenartzdrakenartz Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 19 Arc User
    I hope this update fixes the problems I was getting from the last update since I have been unable to start the game past the Loading Screen :(
  • l3thin4thl3thin4th Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 198 Arc User
    Dungeon quests listed in the Journal will no longer display the rewards for completing the dungeon

Out of curiosity, why the change?

Lethinath - DC

Fayn Fiddler - HR

Jean Fiddler - OP

Quinn Fiddler - TR

Tre'Davious Flynn - SW

Bogus Skullslicker - GF

Vanhankaupunginselk - CW

Alea - GWF

Noble Misfits

• mynaammynaam Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 937 Arc User
    We demand CAKE!

Need to upgrade the market first then you can get some cake :)
    There are more than BIS players in this game
    RIP Real Tiamat, RIP Real Demogorgon RIP real Temple of the spider. Why remove non bis content to give to bis players ????
    FORCING the majority of your player base to play 4 mod old dungeons and trial will have a bad result on player base
    Changes are getting so bad i would rather prefer no new changes (RIP ICE FISHING in winter fest)

• silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    l3thin4th wrote: »
    Dungeon quests listed in the Journal will no longer display the rewards for completing the dungeon

Out of curiosity, why the change?

Because pugs were joining the queue, looking at their rewards, and dropping out if they didn't want/need the reward.

This update promises some great stuff (not just from Stronghold); I hope we can all download the patch and play without major lag today/tomorrow.

Good luck everyone :)
    I aim to misbehave
  • wentriswentris Member Posts: 542 Arc User
    Sounds interesting, cant wait to test it :)
    I also keep my fingers crossed that Damage Resistance bug has been ninja fixed, or random 1 shot deaths will keep preventing not overly geared teams from beating T2 content - and annoy everybody else.
  • obsidiancran3obsidiancran3 Member Posts: 1,823 Arc User
    The only thing I don't like about this update is the way the Temp HP and HP bar layers work; its a problem when you get enough Temp HP to cover all of your current HP.

Otherwise play testing this has been very positive.

Obsidian Moonlight - Paladin
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
    A whole lot of other Obsidian toons as well.
  • eyehateevery1eyehateevery1 Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    And still no fix for the Elven Battle enchants proccing Thorned Roots even after the HR that applied them dies ... Much obliged .
  • madaragataosenaimadaragataosenai Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    Pls fix the problem with Ioun stone of might legendary bonus - ITS STILL NOT WORKING!!!
  • daddyman5565daddyman5565 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    "Greatly reduced the chances of level 69 items dropping for a level 70 player."

Unless this has been reduced to ZERO chance in zones like Sharandar and Dread Ring, it still needs work. It has been pounded into the forums that the old boon zones are, and will be level 70 areas. Level 6x items need to stop dropping for for level 70 toons COMPLETELY in these areas. At the end of the Sharandar access quest, after fighting through 70+ mobs, the player is awarded a level 60 piece of armor as a reward. IWD HEs award level 60 Battlehammer armor or weapons. Rewards in the campaign windows need to be updated to level 70 appropriate items. Once again, poor itemization. There are still lots of itemization issues like this in every expansion zone form Sharandar to the Dragon Well.

Still need to address the experience flow from 60 to 70. You keep running threads asking for input. You consistently get told the content doesn't drive the player to 70 like it should. Then the complaints that are almost unanimously critical of the current status get summarily ignored.

A number of good fixes in this, assuming Strongholds doesn't add new ones. With that said, I'm disappointed that a lot of cleaning up that still needed to be done from the MOD 6 train wreck remains unfinished.
    Post edited by daddyman5565 on
  • pricetagcloudpricetagcloud Member Posts: 130 Arc User
    At this rate, there won't be any SWs left, unless I'm missing something. Glitch puppets aren't fun anymore
    SW: Callisto Shedevil. Soul Binder Temptation 16.1k GS
    GUILD: ~Myrmidons~

Would Love to party up with people for pretty much anything!
  • deathklaat666deathklaat666 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 61 Arc User
    Only a graphical fix fo HR what happened to the perma root/daze/elven battle and bleed bugs HR's have been abusing? Dont get me wrong i do appreciate your hard work and the new content, but its these types of bugs that have driven away pvprs and pvers alike. Thank you for your time and effort.
  • f34rpreacherf34rpreacher Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Damnit... stop extending the maintenance time!!!!! Its killing me. I'm sitting here, like yeah! I'm gonna get to play now, Next thing, another hour of maintenance. Just kidding, Keep fixing our game.
  • ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    Same here...I want to get busy on the Stronghold!

I'm so excited, and I just can't hide it. I'm about to lose control...
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
    ironzerg79 wrote: »
    Same here...I want to get busy on the Stronghold!

I'm so excited, and I just can't hide it. I'm about to lose control...

and I think I like it! :D
    kuI2v8l.png
  • putzboy78putzboy78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,950 Arc User
    Not gonna like this, but we're extending the downtime ETA to 3pm PDT. *summons a dragon to protect us*

9 hours for a code deployment? Seriously
    putzboy78 wrote: »
    Not gonna like this, but we're extending the downtime ETA to 3pm PDT. *summons a dragon to protect us*

9 hours for a code deployment? Seriously

That was for Xbox when Microsoft was having some issues with Xbox Live. They had to wait for Microsoft to fix things before they could continue.
    kuI2v8l.png
This discussion has been closed.