test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

New Items: Stronghold Starter Pack!

strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
This brand new pack will help you strengthen your stronghold! http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/9497163

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

Comments

• Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    Oh.

Well, that's certainly one reason for the request to simplify the shards of power to have fallen on deaf ears.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    anim3kanim3k Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 60 Arc User
    Ooh well.... This is 100% PAY FOR WIN smalled guild have no chance now.
  • Options
    azaris#6648 azaris Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    Knew that was coming. Don't forget to put in an item to fully complete the construction of the stronghold like you have for the campaigns.
  • Options
    vorhelmvorhelm Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Oh.

Well, that's certainly one reason for the request to simplify the shards of power to have fallen on deaf ears.
    azaris1 wrote: »
    Knew that was coming. Don't forget to put in an item to fully complete the construction of the stronghold like you have for the campaigns.

I don't post often, but I just had to comment on this one. The two quotes above pretty much sum this up nicely though. Well said becky and azaris.

Why don't you guys just put a $5000 item in the store that is "anything you want in game", and get the money grab over with already. Jeeze the monetization in Cryptic games kind of beats you over the head......

• Options
    dheffernandheffernan Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 216 Arc User
    So, if you can't or won't join a big guild Cryptic will sell you one?
    @Venture-1 @Venture from City of Heroes if you remember that far back. Yes, *that* Venture. Yes, I probably trashed your MA arc. For me it was Tuesday.
  • Options
    boogerassboogerass Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    here, we'll help u out and give u something else to pay for. u r welcome.
  • Options
    regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,043 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Well, if you want to be in a good guild, you probably have to support that guild with stronghold packs.
    If you're not in a good guild, you will probably be vote kicked from any dungeon and skirmishes runs.
    And don't forget to buy all the stronghold buff food, and of course be a VIP...

Don't you think that Strongholds is really pushing it a bit over the edge?
    Post edited by regenerde on
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • Options
    dragoness10dragoness10 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 780 Arc User
    Well, in one respect maybe there will be less of those "one person personal bank" guilds out there with this.

On the other hand this could ALSO be put into that suggestion of a "weekly wonderous bazaar sale" for AD for each item featured one a week.

It may just be released first as Zen, and then as a WB option.

You can still buy Zen with AD in game, and then buy these from the Zen Market. There is a turn around for that.
    " I tried to figure out the enigma that was you, and then I realized mastering Wild Magic was easier." - Old Wizard in Waterdeep

"Why is it dragons only use ketchup? I'd like a little wasabi please. Us silvers like a variety of condiments."

"Don't call them foolish mortals. One, they don't learn from it. Two, It just ticks them off." - An Ancient Red Dragon
  • Options
    aandrethegiantaandrethegiant Member Posts: 3,364 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Where do I even begin to suggest what is wrong with this? This gives no chance, no incentive to many many smaller guilds, and once active guilds looking to reclaim their members.

I just don't think you guys are listening anymore. This is a terrible news for the many small/older/Founder guilds out there. The community came up with a GREAT solution (keep structures the same, create a single currency so we can play the way we want to play) , which didnt even get as much as a SINGLE REPLY from a dev.

WHAT is the incentive to start a guild and PLAY THE CONTENT now for the great majority of the community (not already in a sound, active guild)? How is a new upstart guild supposed to compete?

Victory to the guild with the most cash?!? What a disgrace. The whole thing, from how this was developed and how it was marketed, stinks. This is NOT what guilds are ABOUT.

Post edited by aandrethegiant on

TYRS PALADIUM - A Premier Neverwinter Online Guild
    No Drama. Camaraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!
    Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | NEVERWINTER GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!
  • Options
    aandrethegiantaandrethegiant Member Posts: 3,364 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    regenerde wrote: »
    Well, if you want to be in a good guild, you probably have to support that guild with stronghold packs.
    If you're not in a good guild, you will probably be vote kicked from any dungeon and skirmishes runs.
    And don't forget to buy all the stronghold buff food, and of course be a VIP...

Don't you think that Strongholds is really pushing it a bit over the edge?

Hey Regenerde. Indeed. Now, I like the idea of Strongholds. They got just about everything right except the currency. THAT is what is going to be a big issue going forward for PvE focused guilds and players, as warned about for weeks on the Preview Shard. Even some PvP guilds might object.

Now, I can already tell you that our guild will NEVER vote kick anybody for any other reason other than cheating or being an A-HOLE, and we never have. All donations are just that, donations. VIP? Sure, but not required. Our only goal is to have fun.

We have our plan. We will enjoy the content OUR WAY, and will require nothing of our guildies but to enjoy playing the game together. In time we will get there, where ever "there" is.

We know better. We know why most folks want to be in a guild, and what makes guilds SURVIVE. The PEOPLE. Period.
    Post edited by aandrethegiant on

TYRS PALADIUM - A Premier Neverwinter Online Guild
    No Drama. Camaraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!
    Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | NEVERWINTER GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!
  • Options
    reds351reds351 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 343 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Lets be honest here 99% of the player base is not excited for these packs.

Also to make this productive is it possible to get Strongbox Key normally? or is it a zen only item
  • Options
    gorziusgorzius Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    reds351 wrote: »
    Lets be honest here 99% of the player base is not excited for these packs.

Also to make this productive is it possible to get Strongbox Key normally? or is it a zen only item
    They'll most likely work like enchanted keys.

And I'd be quite interested in the prices of the packs and the keys.
  • Options
    webbigwebbig Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    VIP pack, Starter pack.. and gawd knows what else is coming out.. all cash grabs and petty much completely out of reach for us in smaller guilds and who do not have deep pockets.

Hoping we can advance in some other fashion without the need for such things... if not, I'm certain it will be "End of Game" for another 20+ players.
  • Options
    zghondizghondi Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    NEVERWINTER U ARE DESTROYING YOURSELVES !
    WE KNOW U WANT MONEY FOR THE BIG EFFORTS U ARE DOING BUT imagine IF all THE FREE PLAYERS STOPPED playing NW, THERE WILL be A FEW WALLET WARRIORS there WHO WILL LOSE INTREST SOON AND U WILL LOSE ALL THE PROGRESS U ARE DOING ? I STOPed playing now like many players who were faithful from the begining of the game in hope u will fix the game leveling and this new idea
    sorry for bad english
  • Options
    f34rpreacherf34rpreacher Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    zghondi wrote: »
    WE KNOW U WANT MONEY FOR THE BIG EFFORTS U ARE DOING BUT imagine IF all THE FREE PLAYERS STOPPED playing NW, THERE WILL be A FEW WALLET WARRIORS there WHO WILL LOSE INTREST SOON AND U WILL LOSE ALL THE PROGRESS U ARE DOING ? I STOPed playing now like many players who were faithful from the begining of the game in hope u will fix the game leveling and this new idea
    sorry for bad english
    I do agree to an extent. Wallet warriors have had an insane advantage up to this point, Now we are giving them yet another scenario in which they can further dominate. Slightly unfair.

• Options
    ... and now add to it, that you have to PvP to upgrade the +power stronghold structure?
    Where the heck is this going?
    Want to know why?
  • Options
    azlanfoxazlanfox Member Posts: 436 Arc User
    Where do I even begin to suggest what is wrong with this? This gives no chance, no incentive to many many smaller guilds, and once active guilds looking to reclaim their members.

I just don't think you guys are listening anymore. This is a terrible news for the many small/older/Founder guilds out there. The community came up with a GREAT solution (keep structures the same, create a single currency so we can play the way we want to play) , which didnt even get as much as a SINGLE REPLY from a dev.

WHAT is the incentive to start a guild and PLAY THE CONTENT now for the great majority of the community (not already in a sound, active guild)? How is a new upstart guild supposed to compete?

Victory to the guild with the most cash?!? What a disgrace. The whole thing, from how this was developed and how it was marketed, stinks. This is NOT what guilds are ABOUT.

I've always respected @aandrethegiant, and largely agree with what he has to say. I do find it really disappointing that no dev responded to the suggestions that would have been a step in the right direction, with some refinement and tweaking. cryptic releases this without any thought as to THE OTHER SIDE of the coin, that the guilds willing to spend more are now given an official, easy, route to success. All they see is the $$$ and not the end results, and all the evidence and writing on the wall from the previous modules (pre-6) and the 'late' former developers that clearly says they create their own problems, is completely ignored.

By the goddesses, the greed is ugly.
    The fox said, "lock and load"

glassdoor.com - Cryptic Studios Review
  • Options
    zghondizghondi Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    zghondi wrote: »
    sorry for bad english
    I do agree to an extent. Wallet warriors have had an insane advantage up to this point, Now we are giving them yet another scenario in which they can further dominate. Slightly unfair.

agree

• Options
    Can anyone explain in detail, how far you will get in upgrading your Stronghold with those packs?
    Want to know why?