test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Neverwinter is utterly unfriendly to new players(the players) and that will stop it from growing.

2»

Comments

• lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    zak3056 wrote: »
    edited to add: Go Vols!

*starts derail*

ROLL TIDE!! Yeah....read the sig :D

*ends derail* Had to say it, sorry. Die-hard Bama fan.

ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • zak3056zak3056 Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    zak3056 wrote: »
    edited to add: Go Vols!

*starts derail*

ROLL TIDE!! Yeah....read the sig :D

*ends derail* Had to say it, sorry. Die-hard Bama fan.
    At the risk of further derailing: you guys have had good reason to celebrate, no reason not to be proud. Give us another two years or so, and we'll talk. :)

• tr1f0rc5tr1f0rc5 Member Posts: 3 New User
    I got banned for typing "okay goods scam" into a chat window....talk about screwin the customer base...I will never play another arc based game again....congrats arc
  • bluedoodbluedood Member Posts: 146 Arc User
    tr1f0rc5 wrote: »
    I got banned for typing "okay goods scam" into a chat window....talk about screwin the customer base...I will never play another arc based game again....congrats arc

That is not in any way surprising, it is a very sad attempt at fixing the chat spam for sure. Having a live player as a GM who could just ban accounts for a few hours a day would mostly fix the issue.

Too bad you had to create a forum account to talk about banning that will get you banned.

> @bluedood said:
    > tr1f0rc5 wrote: »
    >
    > I got banned for typing "okay goods scam" into a chat window....talk about screwin the customer base...I will never play another arc based game again....congrats arc
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > That is not in any way surprising, it is a very sad attempt at fixing the chat spam for sure. Having a live player as a GM who could just ban accounts for a few hours a day would mostly fix the issue.
    >
    > Too bad you had to create a forum account to talk about banning that will get you banned
    I will take a ban and stand against idiot programmers who want to ban normal English language. So do not type okay and goods in the same sentence. You will get banned. Just try it. I would like to meet the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> that thought this was a good idea.
    I mean the balls on this company are unreal. Ban a legit paying customer and then they don't even do anything to fix it. Is this what the gaming industry has come to???? How do companies like this stay in business????
  • bluedoodbluedood Member Posts: 146 Arc User
    I would imagine they did not expect the game to do as well as it is on console and are not staffed accordingly. Add in the possibilty that being on the console maybe they cannot have in game GMs who could regulate. It is dumb that you got banned in game for typing the website name. On a constructive note for you, in the future typing PSAs in zone chat is just asking for trolls and not helpful, no matter how good it makes you feel.
  • birdboy100birdboy100 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    My GS is only 11K and I've done tons of epic dungeons and PvP and random party ups with random players doing random things and never once had anyone berate me or yell at me for not having a high enough GS, then again I am a DC and spam healing AoEs and spells faster then you can blink so I think I get a free pass.
    8.jpg
  • patsfirepatsfire Member Posts: 833 Arc User
    You are a DC, the only time a DC gets kicked is when there is already a DC in the group
  • dmikkelsendmikkelsen Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    Get rid of kickng, if you dont like the group, you can leave and find another. PvP is unbalenced garbage and Dungeons are a waist of time w/ all the kicking. I just want an editor like the pc version ( feeling cheated)
  • popezen01popezen01 Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    I disagree. I have assisted many players (just love running dung/skirms - or did before neverwinter stopped etting me play due to bad servers).

You don't have to join a guild. Just friend on XBOX friends people you enjoyed playing with. I have been random joining queues on my own the last week and only had one issue and I am a DPS Cleric the most hated of all classes. :)
  • spyg0atspyg0at Member Posts: 143 Arc User
    I PVP with no pants and no shirt. I would PVP naked if I could.
    2.5K DC PVP & PVE <Q-Snipe>
  • spyg0atspyg0at Member Posts: 143 Arc User
    I also run full profound gear everywhere. PVP and PVE. I can run any dungeon out there with no issue. 42,000 hit points will do that for you.
    2.5K DC PVP & PVE <Q-Snipe>
  • worriedmammal8worriedmammal8 Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    Did they add the changes to vote kick again, like they talked about? I absolutely agree with the OP. Remove vote kick all together and just put a freaking report button for problem players. It's not hard, most games have a way of reporting bad behaviors. Some will say we need the vote kick option, really without it we'd have less problems and nobody would have to run a dungeon for 30 mins only to get the boot at the end, that's complete and utter BS. Nice post.
  • mahburgmahburg Member Posts: 598 Arc User
    Seriously guys how hard is it to form a group before running a dungeon?
    I get constant group invites even though I am usually in one at all times, or join a guild its not rocket science.
    Kicking is essential in games like these, ask anyone who has been stuck at Dread Vault boss camp due to the bug.
    There is no excuse for abusing the system and I agree some controls are required but removing it is just silly as a concept imho.
  • majik518majik518 Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    You can spend under 10,000 diamonds, easily earn-able in an hour, fresh at 60 and reach 10.5-11k GS. Entering a dungeon at 6,300 GS demands you being kicked.
  • apophusapophus Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    majik518 said:

You can spend under 10,000 diamonds, easily earn-able in an hour, fresh at 60 and reach 10.5-11k GS. Entering a dungeon at 6,300 GS demands you being kicked.

So, this statement confuses me. Keep in mind that I'm still fairly new to the game, but have a pretty extensive background in MMO's in general...the only reason I'm posting is because I genuinely want to understand the mentality behind the above statement. (and no, simply "buy from the AH" is not a valid argument against what the OP was trying to say...that's a work around, not a solution).

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the game itself decide what you can (and cannot) queue for based on lvl and/or GS? If a dungeon is designed for a player with a 6300 GS, then how is that player demanding to be kicked? I think that's what the OP was trying to say...it shouldn't be for the players to decide who can and cannot run these dungeons.

Again, still fairly new to the game and dont' even have a max character yet, so if I'm wrong on the above assumption please let me know.
  • shamrok#5900 shamrok Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    This thread reminds me of the player base in WOW, but it's the nature of mmos unfortunately you will always have people that are DBs and pull this simply because they can