test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

How do you think is leveling your toon after hitting level 60?

arcofortep12arcofortep12 Member Posts: 2,265 Arc User
edited August 2015 in General Discussion (PC)
Maybe we got heard.
Sunrise_Knights.jpg

- All I say it's just my opinion. Peace. -
- Sunrise Knights are always recruiting active good-hearted players ;) 'Let the Sun shine!' -

How do you think is leveling your toon after hitting level 60? 120 votes

It's outrageously bad, I will not spend money on mine new toon until it will be fully leveled up! I can't stand this endless grind!
77%
lyaiseforsakenone195baocatsabre10wimpazoidkacezetgeoffreyssasagerunathanmehew2435ghostragectaeldornsilverkeltdraognazlanfoxurabaskabsphyakusekairaistlintaoromotheonereiwulf 93 votes
It's ok, I'm casual playing anyway and do not plan to spend money.
8%
angryspriteconterkilleroliboyphrickcase276baronvonboomoozebornekalindraundulationslinaduinkamikalze 10 votes
I'm fine with it.
10%
sockmunkeymynaamsilvergryphsolbergxboltzmann42grumpymmoerjormunrekcjh1983wentrisdeathbeezjcharais01dannyinfectcaptprovias 13 votes
I still love you, come back home.
3%
gt31077mok33temjiucodher0 4 votes

Comments

• Options
    linaduinlinaduin Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    I started taking an alt through elemental evil just after the XP nerf hit. I was mildly outraged when I realised after completing Drowned Shore that I had no chance of reaching L.70 without grinding Rec Rock, Fiery and Spinward over and over. I took a deep breath, equipped azures in utility slots, left the elemental evil zones and instead ran Sharandar (opened second zone and got some boons), dragons (not WoD) and the Minsc dailies until L.66. In no hurry. At 66 I knocked off Spinward for the mainhand, which I couldn't use (arghh) and was about L.68 by the time I left. Luckily the double XP came along just after and I sailed to L.70 running Sharandar, dragons and Minsc again. Was it intolerable? No. Was the XP nerf pointless? Yes.
  • Options
    drkbodhidrkbodhi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,378 Arc User
    I can't answer this... because I made the decision to pause my smaller toons until things change. It was hard enough as it was...​​
    ez0sf4K.png
    Atwil "At" - Tiefling TR / Saardush - Black Dragonborn GWF / White - Tiefling OP
    Leadership Council of Civil Anarchy
    SYNERGY Alliance
  • Options
    regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,043 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    It's outrageously bad, I will not spend money on mine new toon until it will be fully leveled up! I can't stand this endless grind!
    Not spending any more money, until they come to their senses and start working on the NWO top issues:
    1. XP to level from 60-70, XP to fill the overflow
    2. difficulty
    3. bugs and exploits
    when those things do change for a better and not get even worse, i might consider to spend money again.
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • Options
    silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    ittttt sux.. ANOTHER gating that is not needed and makes playing alts painfully boring.

BORRRRRIiiiiinnnnNNNG.
  • Options
    reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    It's really slow and bad. even at the 2x exp it's a still bit slow.
    and I'm not buying those exp boosters, it's ridiculous to spend money on a levelling character for something that shouldn't even be an issue.
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • Options
    kemi1984kemi1984 Member Posts: 849 Arc User
    It's bad bad bad!

When I heard about double XP I said "cool finally I will be able to pop those 4 missing levels on my CW"
    Bought the blues, slotted azures and...my bar barely moved after few quests done- NOPE!

Not gonna happen till it will be closer to normal again.
    I've grinded my <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> of to get my main GF and GWF to 70... never again!
    Nancy - Dragonborn, SM Guardian Fighter
    A proud member of "mythical horde of DPS GFs"

1). Is SW more dps or tank based?
    2). Yes. I am panzer!
    3). Get ACT if you want to celebrate your epeen.
    4). Horniness will not stand between me and what I believe - "MM"
  • Options
    wimpazoidwimpazoid Member Posts: 504 Arc User
    I decided to log in and play a bit since it's DOUBLE XP.

Here's my experience and what I have done trying to level between 67~70 for the past 4 days:
    Invoke for 10k bonuse XP, complete the set of TOD dailies = gain 1 bar of XP
    Invoke until 10k bonus XP again, consume 4x Tome of Experience = 1 bar of XP
    Invoke until 10k bonus XP again, do the 2 Minsc dailies that gives maximum XP = 1 bar of XP.

Since in waiting for 10k bonus XP to maximise my efforts stretches my time, it feels horribly tedious to have to log in and out to play for amounts of XP that was plenty to help you level in the past but has become drops in an ocean, and I'm still only level 68.

Double XP has never felt so insignificant and pointless, so much that I'm no longer motivated to reach 70 by playing.
    I would rather just invoke and perhaps reach 70 one of these days... I'm in no rush to play this game or spend money on it.
  • Options
    henry404henry404 Member Posts: 690 Arc User
    A sale on char slots and double XP - perfect for folks who want to quickly raise a whole army of toons for invoking and leadership.
    Another thing that benefits bitters more than players.
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,220 Arc User
    No answer that fits me. If I level a character to 60, I will probably do this.

First, I would set up leadership for the character at the first moment he is allowed to do so.
    When he hit level 60 and I finish off the pre-60+ quests, I leave him alone.
    Let leadership and invocation to level him up to 70 while I play another character.
    I may even wait further so that he can get some overthrow XP.
    Hopefully, getting some Power Point after a long while.
    I will not use any XP booster.

That may take months but I can play another characters.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    umscheumsche Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 461 Arc User
    It took me around 1 month to get one of my toons from lvl 68 to 69, with a double xp event only by doing leadership and praying.
    Last level is gonna take quite some time too...
  • Options
    kungomaximokungomaximo Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 22 Arc User
    I can thank the gods that i only had to do spinward for the weapon on two chars,and that alone was mind numbing.
    I shudder at the prospect of doing that grind on 4 zones.

Luckily I invoked them to 70 (plus there was a 2xExp weekend in between). I couldn't play when mod6 hit and resumed 3 weeks ago.

I did try a few quests in drowned shore, but the difficulty spike was quite something from 60 content, still doable, but a player without armor/weapon enchant and maybe an augment will have a hard time.

My 2 cents
  • Options
    conterkillerconterkiller Member Posts: 155 Arc User
    Damn.. When i played this game (on launch) it took me about a month (as a not hardcore farmer) to get to lv60.. and i did most of my lvling with pvp cuz i remember i didnt even finish my main quest line and such..
    is it bad that i think this exp is not that bad? i mean.. took me a month to gain 60 lvls.. i dont see it as such a bad thing to take another month for just 10 lvls. lol
    the other game i play it took some people like 4 months to get their 10 lvl cap raise.. o.o lol

And IF my connection with the game was always stable.. and i could play properly..im pretty sure it wouldnt take me more than 1 or 2 weeks.. lol

i dont consider that as such a bad thing lol
  • Options
    arbuz1arbuz1 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    it's boring Groundhog Day
  • Options
    vaultfairyvaultfairy Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    Tried to carry on leveling my Cleric and my god it is painful. Now i can see why PWE created the Campaign Tokens..
  • Options
    mok33mok33 Member Posts: 151 Arc User
    I still love you, come back home.
    COME BACK HOME!!!
  • Options
    dheffernandheffernan Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 216 Arc User
    magenubbie wrote: »
    XP wise it's not that bad. The bad part is that it is boring, without a story or sense of progression through one and the repetitiveness of the quests. That's what makes it feel so slow.

Disagree; the XP curve after 60 is pretty bad and after 70 it's not even worth thinking about. Use of high-rank Azure enchants can help, and coupled with the DXP event it's been barely tolerable. I've gotten my GF from 62 to 70; now working on a SW. She's having a much harder time but that's another rant (being Temptation specced doesn't help).

Completely agreed on the quality of the content. The entire Elemental Evil "arc", if you deign to call it that, was phoned in.
    @Venture-1 @Venture from City of Heroes if you remember that far back. Yes, *that* Venture. Yes, I probably trashed your MA arc. For me it was Tuesday.
  • Options
    rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    As I got all 16 of my characters to level 70 before they changed the XP curve, it is really not a problem for me. Sure, once they make a new class, and I will be leveling 2 of them it will be a problem, but by then they will have more content. So hopefully it will be better by then.
  • Options
    rollingonitrollingonit Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    It's night vs day, 1-60 vs 60-70.
    We can pretend.
    Fox Stevenson - Sandblast
    Oh Wonder - Without You

Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
    - Dylan Thomas
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    I haven't even bothered to get the artifact main hand on any of my characters - I am not willing to put in the time to run 48 vigilance quests in Spinward just for that. If they were more like the ones in the Fiery Pit, where you could knock out several at once, without having to run everywhere, then perhaps I'd consider it...
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    bioshrike wrote: »
    I haven't even bothered to get the artifact main hand on any of my characters - I am not willing to put in the time to run 48 vigilance quests in Spinward just for that. If they were more like the ones in the Fiery Pit, where you could knock out several at once, without having to run everywhere, then perhaps I'd consider it...

Do all the kenku-related ones on Avia Landing. north Wind and Tome of Air if you feel like it.

Do all the ones around the air portals at Windcall. Clearing the Air and the one with unbinding elementals are quick one-shots.

Thunderhead Reach, just do whatever quests you can.

Means skipping lots of quests and spreading it out over quite a few sessions, but it's a very sane pace.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    putzboy78putzboy78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,950 Arc User
    invoke/leadership to the top baby
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    bioshrike wrote: »
    I am just an OCD title collector and want the Island Hopper title for my toons. But much easier just to do ToD campaign and forge your weapon.lol

I just wish we could get good weapons by running the dungeons - I miss being able to get epic weapons, like we could pre-Mod 6...
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums