test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

windows `10

macey32macey32 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
edited August 2015 in Off Topic
none of these games are gonna be compatable with windows 10 now are they ???
Have a nice day :)
Post edited by zebular on

Answers

• nerosolisnerosolis Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Yea, I disagree. It depends on several things honestly. My full AMD box was running ~60FPS in just about every zone (100+ in instances) and when I tried W10, it went to ~10FPS just about everywhere. That's after updating all drivers (removing all old drivers) and switching directx versions. NW does fine on intel boxes from the sound of it, but many many AMD boxes are having issues. After going back to W7 with the same drivers, I was back to 60FPS.
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    It will depend on various factors. The developers have been testing internally in order to make things as compatible as possible but the near infinite hardware and software combinations make it impossible to promise anything.

As always, those who switch to a New OS first will bear the brunt force of bug testing. It is not generally a bad idea to wait.
  • warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    macey32 wrote: »
    none of these games are gonna be compatable with windows 10 now are they ???

if something is working on windows 7 then it is working on windows 10 as well, im on windows 10 since March it works fine
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    I'm running with Windows 10 on 2 computers with 0 issues. :D No problems.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • faltiigrimfaltiigrim Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    The only issue I had was Windows 10 not picking up my Nvidia 770m card. Once I updated the bios, however, it picked it up and went back to normal.
  • azlanfoxazlanfox Member Posts: 436 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    I have Windows 10 on two computers, a laptop and a desktop, and there are a few issues on the desktop. Creative X-Fi drivers are not yet available from the company itself. The OS can use the old Windows 7 or 8/8.1 drivers, but after a shutdown or reboot, the system stops producing sound despite the fact that there is output being sent. An unofficial support pack, produced by daniel_k, provides a wide compatibility with Creative Soundblaster cards and full original feature support, but it doesn't seem to resolve this issue with no sound.

Edit: apparently Windows 10 is not synchronizing changes made in the audio engine with the driver. This specifically refers to the channels and the sample rate.
    The fox said, "lock and load"

glassdoor.com - Cryptic Studios Review
  • azlanfoxazlanfox Member Posts: 436 Arc User
    starbigamo wrote: »
    i use an FX4100 with a GTX560 and at least to me the game is running BETTER in windows10 than it was running in windows 7.

Interestingly enough, despite the sound issues, my desktop runs better on 10 then 7 as well. I receive less bit check errors from the ECC ram (32Gb of DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) ECC unregistered server memory operating in Quad) and the video cards run cooler in NW as well.
    The fox said, "lock and load"

glassdoor.com - Cryptic Studios Review
  • bloodynoisemakerbloodynoisemaker Member Posts: 1 New User
    I think I might be the only one having a problem with the windows 10 upgrade and the server merge update for perfect world. My visual for the game keeps flashing in and out rapidly, and I am very frustrated and confused.
  • charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    Using windows 10 and an nvidia 860m. Everything is running great. Some nvidia cards though don't work well with 10 and gaming still so I lucked out.
  • mynaammynaam Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 937 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    The driver issue with windows 10 and nvidia driver updater has been fixed
    Post edited by mynaam on
    There are more than BIS players in this game
    RIP Real Tiamat, RIP Real Demogorgon RIP real Temple of the spider. Why remove non bis content to give to bis players ????
    FORCING the majority of your player base to play 4 mod old dungeons and trial will have a bad result on player base
    Changes are getting so bad i would rather prefer no new changes (RIP ICE FISHING in winter fest)

• zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited August 2015
    Moving this to OT as it is referring to more than just Neverwinter.

I have been on Win10 since the 1st of August and have had no issues with Neverwinter, Star Trek Online, or Torchlight 2. I don't have any other PWE games installed though. Other MMOs I play also run great, as does Steam and Arc.
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    greyloche wrote: »
    known issue with nvidia in quad sli with multi-monitor setup.

Quad SLI? I thought the known issue with Quad SLI is simply running Quad SLI, haha.
    Kudos to you for going for it but I've heard way too many horror stories to go past 3 way.

starbigamo wrote: »
    i use an FX4100 with a GTX560 and at least to me the game is running BETTER in windows10 than it was running in windows 7.

Welcome to Windows 8.

As atrocious as the UI was, Windows 8 was more akin to an optimized version of Windows 7 with a horrible UI than a brand new OS. Windows 10 is not too far off being nothing more than an even more optimized version of Windows 7/8 with an improved UI (and privacy violations up the wazoo). There's a reason why I would tell people to upgrade to Windows 8 despite me being one of the most vocal haters of the tiles to the point I am pretty sure I will continue to use anti-tile nuclear bomb programs on Windows 10.

Windows 8 was actually a great OS. It just had the world's worst UI. So bad that I still think they should have nuked anything to do with the UI because the mere sight of tiles fills me with anger.