test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Anyone else unable to update Neverwinter?

Comments

• Options
    armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    Don't bother reinstalling - the issue is server side.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • Options
    xxxsfalxxxxxxsfalxxx Member Posts: 133 Arc User
    Hard drives can normally keep up with ~128 MB per second from the WAN. Not that it's usually constant anyway. What seems more the case is that it doesn't matter if you can download at infinite speed, if the servers don't have anything to transfer. Or if they can't transfer it, or if they can't handle the volume. Or maybe it's wrongly reporting it needs to be updated, or the files etc are broken.

Whatever the issue, the QA and communication doesn't seem to be there
  • Options
    wanderingkyngwanderingkyng Member Posts: 280 Arc User
    I spoke with Microsoft Support. This is a PWE issue. I also got their direct number from a support newbie if anyone wants to call them and tell them all about your woes it's toll free 1-888-250-8712.
  • Options
    valaniillevalaniille Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    So its perfect world...
  • Options
    patsfirepatsfire Member Posts: 833 Arc User
    yep, and instead of addressing the current issue they decide to push out the regular Tuesday Maintenance. Its like putting super glue on a flat tire and then putting Duct Tape on top of the super glue.....its not gonna hold up, it will falter lol
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    Very nice they're taking the ignore it and hope it goes away approach...

"Maintenance for #NWXbox has begun. Estimated downtime is 1.5 hours. It is just a server reset." - new update on their Twitter.

Sorry PWE but the big broken update preventing me from launching Neverwinter seems to suggest "it is just a server reset" is a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> lie...
  • Options
    r0nniebl4ckr0nniebl4ck Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    My daughter plays on pc,and she is able to log in just fine,but i have the same issue as everyone else on Xbone <Update Failed Please Try Again>
  • Options
    vahitokirivahitokiri Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Oh I was so worried I was the only one with this issue. I checked the FB and Twitter before going to the forums and was freaking out.
  • Options
    madokanxboxmadokanxbox Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    I really like to play NW, but today the NW-Team did a bad job. That's not the way they should handle a major issue. We all can't play and even don't know why or what happen. Noone from Cryptic or Perfect World is responding. :(

Note: I really hope the server update will fix this problem. Some players wrote something that they are banned - I don't know if this is a hoax or true and why they got banned.
  • Options
    I really like to play NW, but today the NW-Team did a bad job. That's not the way they should handle a major issue. We all can't play and even don't know why or what happen. Noone from Cryptic or Perfect World is responding. :(

Note: I really hope the server update will fix this problem. Some players wrote something that they are banned - I don't know if this is a hoax or true and why they got banned.
    My entire gaming clan cannot get on. Microsoft support confirmed that it was an issue with PWE's servers. This has nothing to do with accounts being banned, never fear.

• Options
    mrwilsonvamrwilsonva Member Posts: 103 Arc User
    Per Twitter

Due to some issues Microsoft is having, we'll need to extend maintenance for #NWXbox.
    vr7gyg.jpg
    Larua TR | Thomas GWF | Lizard Wizard CW
  • Options
    zacoria1405zacoria1405 Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    mrwilsonva wrote: »
    Per Twitter

Due to some issues Microsoft is having, we'll need to extend maintenance for #NWXbox.
    This was kind of predictable really wasn't it. Seem to remember a similar problem last month that went on for about 4 hours over the scheduled maintenance.

• Options
    Yep now they wrote it's a Microsoft issue. Let's see what comes next.
  • Options
    I'm back on with Microsoft Support so they can confirm or deny what sounds like <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> from PWE.
  • Options
    vashtaner4davashtaner4da Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    It's time for blame game. Microsoft says it's not their prob, devs say it's not theirs either lol. Hopefully both are looking for a solution.
  • Options
    Yep and as customers, we should stay tuned. ;) I am quite sure Cryptic and MS could do much better. It's important to be informed, esp. when it's an MMO game issue - without service (server) we can't play and that's a problem...
  • Options
    Microsoft support had no idea PWE was blaming them on Twitter. They weren't "working on a solution" as PWE claimed. As far as they're aware it's still a PWE issue. Awesome...
  • Options
    tgsinfurno121tgsinfurno121 Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    this is the fourth update failure now...... hours of my life wasted again
  • Options
    imstoreyimstorey Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    World of warcraft anyone!!!
  • Options
    tgsmoothtgsmooth Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    we'll find out in around 16 minutes when it is supposed to be done.
  • Options
    mikeyfliesmikeyflies Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    As expected a reinstall did not correct the issue. Now at least the game starts but is waiting for maintenance to end so that appears to be an improvement :)
  • Options
    eeyaheeyah Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Would love to hear something from PW about this. Still not working, hours later. I want to buy zen?!?! will that make you work faster?
  • Options
    I won't play WOW - NW is much better even with bugs. :)

Right now I can't play NW - but I will spend some hours to play something else. Let's hope they will fix it as soon as possible.

Note: They really should work hard to get a clean launch of the September Campaign update/upgrade - I really wish that it will work from day one - it's just a wish.
  • Options
    masterwolf56masterwolf56 Member Posts: 204 Arc User
    I want double refinement for putting up with this. Been down for hours and no explanation as to why.
  • Options
    spyg0atspyg0at Member Posts: 143 Arc User
    There was the regularly scheduled server maintenance at 7am PST today. they then ran into a problem with MS, which has delayed everything and caused the update error. If any of you bothered to look at NW's twitter feed or ARC's web page, you would be apprised of the situation already and wouldn't be doing unnecessary "fixes" like deleting and reinstalling the game.
    2.5K DC PVP & PVE <Q-Snipe>
  • Options
    patsfirepatsfire Member Posts: 833 Arc User
    @spyg0at Actually the update error started at least 5 hours prior to the "scheduled maintenance". So you are incorrect.
  • Options
    mightyerikssonmightyeriksson Member Posts: 842 Arc User
    spyg0at wrote: »
    There was the regularly scheduled server maintenance at 7am PST today. they then ran into a problem with MS, which has delayed everything and caused the update error. If any of you bothered to look at NW's twitter feed or ARC's web page, you would be apprised of the situation already and wouldn't be doing unnecessary "fixes" like deleting and reinstalling the game.

If you bothered to look at some of the posts you are referring to, you would see that the problem occurred waaaaaay before any server-reset...
  • Options
    valaniillevalaniille Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    I want double refinement for putting up with this. Been down for hours and no explanation as to why.
    that would be fair. Or at least double ad.

• Options
    r0nniebl4ckr0nniebl4ck Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    im past the update screen but getting (the console was unable to retrieve a security token please try again later)