Install Arc
Options

Feedback Needed: Top Issues Currently in Neverwinter PC

Comments

• Options
    theycallmetomutheycallmetomu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,861 Arc User
    I'd like double RP to occur more often.

Ideally, 24/7.

That seems like the issue closest to my heart.
  • Options
    oliboypholiboyph Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 627 Arc User
    I don't know if anyone has brought this up, but can we increase rewards of daily foundries and reduce the required number to 2? Isn't 4 just a bit too much? I mean each foundry quest lasts 20 minutes, probably 30 if you really take time to enjoy the foundry. Alot of us want to spend at most an hour on each of these daily quests, and the foundries is supposed to replace PVP if you're not into it. 4 PVP games will last your 1 hour 30 at most, about an hour on average, and you get 7k AD.
    "As the good archmage often admonishes me, I ought not to let my mind wander, as it's too small to go off by itself." -Danilo Thann[/quote]
  • Options
    free2payfree2pay Member Posts: 284 Arc User
    Thanks, everyone! By reading all these posts, I have an even better understanding of what you guys want. I've stated before, but I actually share these same concerns and I do bring them up to the devs every week, believe it or not.

To make sure everyone is on the same page, can you please relay what you have echoed to Devs here.

• Options
    wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    why add more food stuffs??? we only got very limited bag slots.

Bank need few new tab catagories.
    Mounts
    Pets
    potions (for alchemy upgrades versions)
    refine gems and glyphs.
    appearances/fashion.
  • Options
    regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,043 Arc User
    Probably because the new buff food will be better then the old ones, and it's just another "motivation" to get people into guilds and the Stronghold content.
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • Options
    free2payfree2pay Member Posts: 284 Arc User
    snotty wrote: »
    I'll say this as simply as I can.

The only content mod 7 should have is all the fixes for mod 6.

I see no point adding more things to an already broken game. Even before mod 6, things would break when a new mod was added to the live server. Now they want to add more things when we're not even 100% sure if half of the new things of mod 6 is even WAI.

I'm going to echo this here. I'm NOT saying Stronghold is bad. Just that priority has to be given to fix something that's already broken before you can use it as the foundation to add anything above. I'm not sure if it has already been mentioned but the speed with which broken stuff get fixed is just as important. Overall Neverwinter has been very SLOW in fixing stuff - sometime we have to wait 2 mods or more. As far as broken stuff is concerned, it has to be fixed right away and BEFORE the next mod. And certainly BEFORE frustrated players decide to publicly disclose any exploits. Broken stuff include class balance (boons/feats/encounters/dailies) as well. This things cannot wait since they affect gameplay experience NOW in PvE and PvP.
  • Options
    lilhamletlilhamlet Member Posts: 260 Arc User
    Hey Strum. Here's another. [Combat (Self)] Traven Blackdagger deals 148175 (810338) Fire Damage to you with Fire Bomb.

How is ANYONE without an immunity frame supposed to survive that? 80% max Damage Resistance in the game
  • Options
    teribad15 wrote: »
    let this game just die.
    http://steamcharts.com/app/109600

Yikes! 3k players only? Is that whole server or just for players through steam?
    "As the good archmage often admonishes me, I ought not to let my mind wander, as it's too small to go off by itself." -Danilo Thann[/quote]
  • Options
    eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    oliboyph wrote: »

That is only through steam. There is non-steam, as well as x-box and Russian, but x-box and Russian are other servers.​​
    Post edited by eldarth on
  • Options
    teribad15 wrote: »
    let this game just die.
    http://steamcharts.com/app/109600
    Only for Steam, but it shows a concerning trend, and the Devs should act on it... i mean, there is so much feedback in here, but not a single Dev reply at all.
    Want to know why?
  • Options
    dragoness10dragoness10 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 780 Arc User
    I didn't see these listed per say, but if they are and I missed them - apologies.

Everyone else picks over PvE and PvP so I am not touching those as subjects.

If I had to pick only three other things to be fixed/added:

1) Neck slot Fashion items - so we can have cloaks, necklaces, and "wings" (feather, skin, and fairy) in our Fashion gear. This not only would look cool, but also add a lot to the Roleplay community. These could be Professions made items since regular Fashion packs are already on Zen market. Feather wings from Tailoring, Skin (dragon/demon) wings from Leatherworking, and Fairy wings from Jewelcraft might be examples only available at Rank 25.

2) I would like the ability to toggle Enchantment FX on/off so it doesn't always override gear appearance, and can be turned off in an effort to help reduce lag in dungeons etc. It also would not cover up the Fashion items with the FX if turned to OFF position.

3) Add more Monster customization to the Foundry where there are more options to put in 1/2/3 monsters PER mob rather than being able to only pick from 3-4, and then some weak 1 monsters. There needs be more "bosses" available to pick from. (I am hoping with Mod 7 we get some of the new monsters as skins at least to play around with! I like what I see on preview.)
    " I tried to figure out the enigma that was you, and then I realized mastering Wild Magic was easier." - Old Wizard in Waterdeep

"Why is it dragons only use ketchup? I'd like a little wasabi please. Us silvers like a variety of condiments."

"Don't call them foolish mortals. One, they don't learn from it. Two, It just ticks them off." - An Ancient Red Dragon
  • Options
    suppahotsuppahot Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited August 2015
    My issue with this game is that I can't get stable FPS here at all on any settings. I have FX6300@4GHz, 8GB of RAM and GTX770 4GB vc. Not so good as can be, but: this engine requires more GPU horsepowers while he don't use GPU... What is this? Seriously? GPU usage mostly is under 30% while I can turn off one option (detailed objects) and get x2 FPS boost from 30 to solid 60 in 1080p at max in start location. How I know objects rendering by GPU, including those barrels, boxes and the grass... The problem is that... Ok, I can accept these 30fps if they are solid but they are not! I've just finished tutorial and spawned in Protector's Enclave and wut? GOD DAMN 12FPS! I have a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> laptop with integrated GPU or something? A dual core CPU? I have a mid PC rig which anyway can handle GTA 5 at max settings in 1080p/high in 3k resolution with 50fps at least. I've joined early 2014, played for a short amount of time it was not too bad time for me everything was fine about performance (at least game wasn't so much laggy or stutter), but now I can't imagine how I will play 10x10 PvP or epics (Tiamat?) when I get +1fps for each option which I turn off. Yes: I can get 20fps in Protector's enclave instead of 12-14 if I will turn everything off. You should move some job from CPU to a GPU if he is bottlenecking overall performance here. I've seen some people have 2fps on Tiamat with i5 CPU. Maybe this is why only 3k ppl play this game via Steam? I know some devs moving all job to a CPU, because "Look we have a lot people which playing games via laptop's or coffee machines, and this means mid rig don't have a good GPU so let's move all scene render to a CPU including the shadows and physics, and network, and effects, and AI cuz they have i3 at least and some <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> GPU". Don't do this. It's a dead end. Dead end because only overclocked i7 can handle this game and most people don't have it because its coast x2 higher than mid GPU.

So, the top issue here is: unplayable game at all. Low fps and lags push away people from this game. Maybe here is policy like: "People that can play fine with High end PC will pay for shop items. People which can't - we don't need them, and we will don't work on them for free". But I know people which had spent $2000-3000 in this game and they don't play now because here no fun. No fun to play with all shop items if you have no people to play against. And they don't have such people cuz all "free" users are <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.
  • Options
    novo68novo68 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    I can see by reading all of the previous posts, what most ppl are interested in fixing and I agree with all of it. My concerns are with professions, I have been working on unlocking all my slots and currently have one left which I am now over 2 months in progress. On all professions there is no upgrade of workers or tools from white to green, why is this? You shouldnt have to go to the auction to buy green if you would put them in the quests like the rest of the upgrades the system would still work. Most of the gear is worthless, by time I unlock it I cant use it or sell it. Professions should be a way of getting specific gear that you cant get anywhere else and should be within reach. After all the time I have spent working on my slots I still have nothing to show for it. If you dont have the Mithral tools or workers your screwed and without 250,000+ AD to get them its ridiculous and a ripoff!!! My game play has slowed down and I do not have much desire to lvl up, when it seems if you dont buy AD you cant get the gear you need to compete with other players.

1 more thing can we please fix invoking? It takes 2-3 times to invoke very annonying!!!

Thank you and crossing my fingers
  • Options
    suppahotsuppahot Member Posts: 2 New User
    > @teribad15 said:
    > let this game just die.
    > "link"

Look at APB:R. Its same: Steam, Arc, website. 3k ppl online. Many people which WANT and CAN buy shop items will don't buy them because they can't play in those lags and fps drops with these weps, cars, sloth, etc. Some people whine about lack of content but most people will uninstall the game because they CAN'T play and have fun with those shop items while all this ruined by bad server/client optimization, cheaters and other "irresistible forces". And here is same - most ppl can't play this game, some of them don't pay cuz they can't play, some ppl don't pay cuz many times other ppl were enriched by ingame economy bugs, some ppl don't pay cuz they don't play much cuz they don't have opp. You can pick all top items go PvP and see that were no ppl to play against. How many of those "TOP's" are alive? 20-30 ppl per server? Only what you see there is: imbalance all the time. Or you punish 10k gs noobs or you stay afk with your 25k gs at spawn cuz 50% of your team are 10k gs and opp team mostly 22k gs+ which is in total more than your team gs. you can play pre-made against a pre-made but how many of those pre-mades in game? 4-5 party's? The funny thing is that people come and see that here nothing to do, they reach 60-70lvl, maybe buy some pet or a mount (+80%) go to few dungeons, die in lags, go PvP, die against these 10 "TOP" players - uninstall the game. If here will be no problems, on PvP will be more good equipped ppl, more fun, better segregation. People play NW and other games while they waiting for something "better".
  • Options
    temjiutemjiu Member Posts: 92 Arc User
    novo68 wrote: »
    .....On all professions there is no upgrade of workers or tools from white to green, why is this? You shouldnt have to go to the auction to buy green if you would put them in the quests like the rest of the upgrades the system would still work. Most of the gear is worthless, by time I unlock it I cant use it or sell it. Professions should be a way of getting specific gear that you cant get anywhere else and should be within reach. After all the time I have spent working on my slots I still have nothing to show for it. If you dont have the Mithral tools or workers your screwed and without 250,000+ AD to get them its ridiculous and a ripoff!!! My game play has slowed down and I do not have much desire to lvl up, when it seems if you dont buy AD you cant get the gear you need to compete with other players.

1 more thing can we please fix invoking? It takes 2-3 times to invoke very annonying!!!

Thank you and crossing my fingers

I agree. This is one of those issues that shadow the bad design of the current market. they nickle and dime you in every aspect. you can't get those unless you have tons of AD, which you only do if you have 40-50 toons that you log in on all the time to run leadership quests. And the only reason those are even available on the market is because they are only available through crafting booster packs in the cash shop.

Which is sort of ironic given what you mentioned in your second post, that most of the stuff you craft is worthless, and I agree. give how crazy fast you level 1-60, crafting can't even dream of catching up. seriously...my alts that I don't play are leveling faster then they are advancing their crafting just through that.

Then you hit the wall @ 60, and all of it's moot.

here's a few more addition of mine, ill try to keep them short (I have a tendency to ramble...I'd like to blame my age, but my son says I'm not that old yet!)

1) Instead of reducing the # of daily "whatevers" needed to finish the daily quests, instead make them individual "repeatable" quests, like in the new zones, and make the repeatable cap the same # as we currently have. As an example, a lvl 60 right now has to do 4 foundries to get their daily reward of 4k AD. Instead, make the same quest only one foundry, only reward 1k AD, but make it repeatable 4x. that way if you run out of time at #3, your still getting a reward that day. if you got time to do all 4, gratz, you get 4k. Same with the dungeons and trials and everything else. it always felt punitive as I leveled (even in earlier game) for the dailies. I oftentimes wished that the daily would have stayed at 1 run and 1k...but this solution fixes it, doesn't hurt anyone, and only helps those casuals with less time

2) I may have added this one in previously, but here it goes in case I didn't: Less AD creation, more flexible options for creating the AD we need. reduce prices in cash shop and at AD vendors. It's getting to the point that unless you run 50 toons for nothing but leadership, you can't afford anything. take AD out of leadership, and reward us with better enchant drops in it, and more refining drops in it (a.k.a the chests). increase the gold flow, and give us more things to buy with Gold (as an example, change ID scrolls to gold instead of AD).

3) better customization options. either give us more "costumes", or reduce prices to customize the looks of gear. This could honestly get changed to gold instead of AD as well.

4) Note on crafting: cut back on the RNG please. give us options to get the high end results that don't involved spending AD. I shouldn't have to pay to the cash shop to get the crafting materials I need to produce the only items in crafting that are worth making to wear/sell. as novo stated above...we should be able to upgrade whites to green, and so on and so forth. providing them in the cash shop for people who want to bypass the time constraints IMO would lead you guys to sales.

5) on that note...although I totally understand that your team wanted to do something different with crafting...the current system is not working. SWtOR did a "time based" crafting system as well...but they still utilized node collection for base materials. In other words...they didn't take the system out of the game. people still had to play the game to craft. high end schematics still needed you to run the raids and difficult content to get the schematics (or a chance for them). but crafting involved time in game and was regular but steady and consistent in it's production. I think you should put nodes in the game, and make players actually play the game to craft. take the RNG out, but make high end materials drop in end game content. so it's not a "random loot" from a cash shop chest that determines if you will get luck and be able to make the good stuff, it will depend....on playing the game.

• Options
    I'd advise against making tier 3 results non-cash shoppy, but that's just because I have a whole bunch of purple tools and I don't want the plebians devaluing my wealth~

Really, as is, Gemmed Exquisite Etc Etcs aren't worth making even if you have the purple tools, because the prices on the AH for selling those items haven't yet caught up with the price increase of making them (a result of the spike in Unified Element and Dragon Egg prices following a recent exploit fix).
  • Options
    novo68novo68 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    Temjiu, and theycallmetomu are correct and I just hope the powers that be realize that alot of concerned ppl are dropping ideas here in the hopes that they are seriuously considered and changed.
  • Options
    Wait, I was right about something? That's not supposed to happen!
  • Options
    jaydenomega812jaydenomega812 Member Posts: 152 Arc User
    Hmm....July 9 this thread was started.....would we need more than one hand to count implementations of suggestions since then?
  • Options
    Blogging about Strongholds and of course getting the new module ready is more important then any of those "top issues" mentioned here.
    And when Strongholds are here, the Devs will probably start working on Underdark and getting that one ready for the end of this year...

Top issues again:
    1. Difficulty
    2. XP
    3. Bugs/Exploits
    Want to know why?
  • Options
    madaragataosenaimadaragataosenai Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    Legendary bonus on some copanions still not working. My ioun stone of might not provide 15% additional stats. I speaked with all owners of this stone i saw, and whey have same problem. Just 1kk AD waste...
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    regenerde wrote: »
    Blogging about Strongholds and of course getting the new module ready is more important then any of those "top issues" mentioned here.
    And when Strongholds are here, the Devs will probably start working on Underdark and getting that one ready for the end of this year...

Top issues again:
    1. Difficulty
    2. XP
    3. Bugs/Exploits

They also mentioned in the stream that they are still finding out how to evaluate the current issues, so clearly we can't expect any improvements soon. I was ok with this, until i saw that we are down to just 3k players on steam. Won't the end of the year be too late? Big games like lineage2 and ragnarok online had to close their servers when they hit 10k users. I can only imagine the royalties they are paying to DnD for this game. 5k users may be too few to keep this game afloat.
  • Options
    cheyennemountaincheyennemountain Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    They also mentioned in the stream that they are still finding out how to evaluate the current issues, so clearly we can't expect any improvements soon.

It doesn't take that long to work out that the XP changes to the leveling between 60 and 70 was an ill thought move.
    Inactivity on this alone is an enormous put off for any of the newer players leveling, and a temporary boost through 2x XP weekend is unlikely to do anything beyond making the leveling of alts a little less painful for those of us still hanging around, for the moment.

They need to realise (and fast) that without ppl leveling to end game their potential sources of income will dry up.
    I think we've all had enough of knee jerk reactions to issues within the game, but resolving this one in a timely fashion needs to be high on the priority list if they hope for any longevity in their game
    Morgana CW
  • Options
    edited August 2015

Top issues again:
    1. Difficulty
    2. XP
    3. Bugs/Exploits

They also mentioned in the stream that they are still finding out how to evaluate the current issues, so clearly we can't expect any improvements soon. I was ok with this, until i saw that we are down to just 3k players on steam. Won't the end of the year be too late? Big games like lineage2 and ragnarok online had to close their servers when they hit 10k users. I can only imagine the royalties they are paying to DnD for this game. 5k users may be too few to keep this game afloat.
    I would really like to know, what there is to "evaluate"?

They just have to get into their own game, with a regular character (max. IL 2k, no Dev/GM toys...), play some campaign quests/dungeons/skirmishes and see the issues for themself.

That won't take more then an hour of their precious time at the most. I mean, there is more then enough feedback in there too, but if they don't trust the players, then they can check it out for themself.
    Want to know why?
  • Options

They just have to get into their own game, with a regular character (max. IL 2k, no Dev/GM toys...), play some campaign quests/dungeons/skirmishes and see the issues for themself.

That won't take more then an hour of their precious time at the most. I mean, there is more then enough feedback in there too, but if they don't trust the players, then they can check it out for themself.

I was wondering that myself, but that is what they said during the stream. They are still working on a the schedule and process on how they can evaluate class balance and other issues.
  • Options

I was wondering that myself, but that is what they said during the stream. They are still working on a the schedule and process on how they can evaluate class balance and other issues.
    Well, there was something like
    http://perfectworld.vanillaforums.com/discussion/552473/m6-class-feedback-reporter-scourge-warlock
    going on, but it looks like that is not going anywhere at all.

They have all the feedback they need, but nothing is actual being used from it...
    Want to know why?
This discussion has been closed.