test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

POWERPOINTS and massive overflow XP bar... I am raging

zeusomzeusom Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 810 Arc User
So since mod6 launch I have filled and overflowed the XP bar eight (8) times and have received exactly ZERO (0) powerpoints. The chance to get a powerpoint is around 40% or so per overflow. Just like with occasional burning a ridiculous number or preservation wards on a 40% chance upgrade, bad luck happens.

I have 91 powerpoints, and all the overflow points came prior to module 6 when getting powerpoints was reasonable. This new system is horrible for new players/toon who must sloooooooooooowly if ever get their their Rank4 encounters. At this rate it would take 5 to 10 years to fill out the rest of my encounters.

Now that it takes ridiculously long it takes to fill the bar - and powerpoints are too important especially for newer players/toons to be solely dependent on RNG.

With this agonizingly slow XP bar to fill, we should be getting a Powerpoint 100% of the time.

OR

Sell Powerpoints in the Astral Bazaar or Zen store.

Also on a semiphilosophically gaming level, it is just wrong. My toon has adventured and killed and racked up millions of XP for months, leveled up EIGHT times and learned/acquired/advanced/gained nothing in terms of skill or knowledge or power from all that experience? Not one powerpoint. Just some junk rank5 and rank6, some pet XP books I cannot sell or discard, a drop of 30k rough AD, and a single black opal.

Sopi (aka Haxbox) SW [Synergy]
Sopi SW Youtube channel pvp brickabrack

Comments

• beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    Which apparently helps you to *not* get power points faster....
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • romotheoneromotheone Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 729 Arc User
    You can gain a level in like 6 hours by farming certain Foundry quests.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    greyloche wrote: »
    not sure what you mean Becky? my GWF has 98 powerpoints spent and my OP has 94 so it must work somewhat. or maybe i'm just lucky. I don't know.

So not you personally, but for the unlucky, boosted XP is just increased chances of being disappointed again.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • linoge63linoge63 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 373 Arc User
    Evil grin...if you dont like this "new system" get ready for the next one.. :neutral: (Hotel california begins to play)
  • sentineltitaniasentineltitania Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    romotheone wrote: »
    You can gain a level in like 6 hours by farming certain Foundry quests.

Care to elaborate?

A friend of mine just came back into the game about a week ago, made it to level 65 out of grinding and raged so much he uninstalled the game. Maybe a faster way would make him come back.

• romotheoneromotheone Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 729 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Care to elaborate?

@sentineltitania Cragsteep is the name of the foundry, the one with red stars. A really well made map with tons of monsters. I suggest someone carries him through it because it's no cake, even for a lvl 70. Anyone below 70 won't be able to deal damage to the monsters, only maybe around a few 100 / hit.
    I suggest you reset the run after reaching the spider nest. They barely give any XP and monsters are spaced out after that. Maybe if you really want to complete it, the boss room also gives good XP, but imo it's better to just rushing to the spider room and going back in. If you're patient enough, you can help him level through the dungeon. I usually get around 150-200k XP for a full run, but it also takes me a around 40-45 minutes to solo.

Still better than anything you can do in this game.
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,043 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    ... why even bother with XP boosters, that cost as much as a new game, when getting a power point continues to be a random chance?
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • dfncedfnce Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 509 Arc User
    Seems like we reached ideal set of conditions (anxiety, frustration) to start selling ZEN ward which guarantees getting Power Point from overflow XP
    EX-DL-BtS / ITF-KC-KB / BF-HD-IBS / FtF-IT-ST-Dis / CA-GW-PG
    "When no appropriate rule applies, make one up."
    — (The unwritten rule)

• kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    When Strongholds comes out, that is supposed to be helping with the slow leveling once again. I have gotten 2 overflow rewards on the Preview shard, one with a power point, and one that didn't have one, but still had better reward than I've been getting on live (Black Opal vs. a Peridot).
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • drkbodhidrkbodhi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,378 Arc User
    I have collected exactly ONE overflow PP on my main since the beginning of M6. Which incidentally has been hit about 10 times. On my alts... who are 70... I have yet to receive one PP on either of them. They have leveled up at least 3 times with overflow.

If the number is supposed to be 40%... something is very wrong.​​
    ez0sf4K.png
    Atwil "At" - Tiefling TR / Saardush - Black Dragonborn GWF / White - Tiefling OP
    Leadership Council of Civil Anarchy
    SYNERGY Alliance
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,208 Arc User
    I think I am very lucky. My main character does not need more PP. My alts were leveled up by invocation and leadership. They get PP all the time. I think it is about 70%. Usually they are combo too such as 30K AD + PP, Sapphire + PP, ... Yes, I did get 5 r5 too but not often.

The last 5 overflow (from 5 characters, one overflow each) had 4 PP. The very last one was 5 r5 though.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • tcarncetcarnce Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 976 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    it's slow yes. if you play 5 minutes a day and want everything within a week.
  • locksanpocketslocksanpockets Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 111 Arc User
    kreatyve wrote: »
    When Strongholds comes out, that is supposed to be helping with the slow leveling once again. I have gotten 2 overflow rewards on the Preview shard, one with a power point, and one that didn't have one, but still had better reward than I've been getting on live (Black Opal vs. a Peridot).

Aren't you overlooking something, kreatyve? You got 2 overflows and 1 powerpoint, and that was just for one character. Don't you want to play another class/character from time to time? Do you not realize how player unfriendly and alternate hostile this MMO is?

Yes, gating solo players from good equipment and xp rewards is just another great move into the right direction... i mean, they want to get rid of solo players, right?
    Want to know why?
  • sobacsobac Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 434 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Same here for my relatively new toon (started a week before M6). Out of 9-10 overflows, I've got 2 power points only! Glad my other toons have 90+ thanks to old systems and powerpoints % droprate, which was much faster and better and we only had 3 points per power. Sad.
  • kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    They still give out power points? I just figured they were removed when module 6 launched and no one bothered to put it in the patch notes...
  • demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    97/124 total power points.
    You can do 3 man dungeons to lvl up.
    Or you can run around in the new elemental evil zones questing...
    OR if you have the gear for it you can solo lvl 73 monsters in icewinadle..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
    kvet wrote: »
    They still give out power points? I just figured they were removed when module 6 launched and no one bothered to put it in the patch notes...
    Just like the Coalescent Wards from coffers... random.
    Want to know why?
  • geoffreysgeoffreys Member Posts: 87 Arc User

Unfortunately, I don't think waiting for the Strongholds Mod is something many are willing to entertain. Many no longer have faith in the development team, and have poor expectations for the next module.

In my opinion, a more immediate remedy is necessary. At the very minimum, a detailed response from the development team as to how all of these things will be adjusted
  • baocatbaocat Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    regenerde wrote: »
    Yes, gating solo players from good equipment and xp rewards is just another great move into the right direction... i mean, they want to get rid of solo players, right?

I don't think they want to get rid of solo players per se.

I would assume (or hope?) the idea for strongholds (why to go in that direction) is backed by stats on what accounts spend the most money and what the characters on those accounts do (ie, the majority would like it and be encouraged to continue to fork over money in game.) That there was some logical decision made based on what people are doing in game and what people are spending on in game. After all, it's free to play because some people pay. Though the data geek in me would love to sift through all that.

OR... someone in charge makes decisions from the gut and thinks 'they know what's best' for players, no matter what the numbers or the players say.

I'm not too optimisitc, but that's colored by my dislike for this last update. It felt more like the decisions were made from the latter.

Right now, my solo playing consisted only of logging in daily to get the free mount for all my toons. Huh. I wonder if that will be used statistically to show the 'success' of an event? Hmm.
  • theycallmetomutheycallmetomu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,861 Arc User
    It's my hope/assumption that Strongholds is the "group content" mod, whereas Underdark will be more solo player focused. So they're just hedging their bets.

Since Underdark is more restricted by WotC's timetable (I think), it makes sense that they'd want to release something else in the meantime.
  • twilightwatchmantwilightwatchman Member Posts: 2,007 Arc User
    When Strongholds comes out, that is supposed to be helping with the slow leveling once again.
    But only if you join a guild. Which is not really acceptable.
    Jenna Sunsoul - Justice Tankadin
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Karrin Feywinter - Mistress of Flame
    Errin Duskwalker - Executioner
    Darquess - Soulbinder
  • wardell2015wardell2015 Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    When Strongholds comes out, that is supposed to be helping with the slow leveling once again.

This is going to keep alts unleveled and will probably make people think twice about whether or not they should waste Zen on characters outside of their main. These guilds are not going to waste slots for alts, and even if they do, expect the guilds to require donation for the slot taken up. This entire push for guild based content for leveling is going to kill the drive to bother with alts.

On topic: Yeah, I really wondering why I am bothering with even trying. I feel massively penalized for making a character in mod 6. I am not going to join a guild to level my characters or get power points. They created this experience problem in the first place; I am not going to join a guild just to get around a problem they created.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,208 Arc User
    edited July 2015

This is going to keep alts unleveled and will probably make people think twice about whether or not they should waste Zen on characters outside of their main. These guilds are not going to waste slots for alts, and even if they do, expect the guilds to require donation for the slot taken up. This entire push for guild based content for leveling is going to kill the drive to bother with alts.

Guild will take alt because there is a 150 account limit and a 500 character limit. Where will that 350 characters come from?
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
    linoge63 wrote: »
    Evil grin...if you dont like this "new system" get ready for the next one.. :neutral: (Hotel california begins to play)

"We are all just prisoners here, of our own device."
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
  • aulduronaulduron Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,351 Arc User
    I get a power point most times. I just can't spend them.