test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Weapon Enchantments

arcofortep12arcofortep12 Member Posts: 2,265 Arc User
Which from these is better for a GF Conqueror?

Bronzewood, Flaming, Plague Fire, Lesser Bilethorn. Can you put them in order from the best to the worst?
Sunrise_Knights.jpg

- All I say it's just my opinion. Peace. -
- Sunrise Knights are always recruiting active good-hearted players ;) 'Let the Sun shine!' -

Answers

• Options
    sentineltitaniasentineltitania Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    I would place them like this.

Plague Fire -> Bronzewood -> Flaming -> Bilethorn
  • Options
    putzboy78putzboy78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,950 Arc User
    plague fire is not good for a GF, GFs attack to slow to fully stack it.

However since these are all probably the worst bad weapon enchantments for a GF the order is valid.
  • Options
    silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    every class can stack 3 plagues.. so why I always here that, seems invalid to me. My gf, dc and paladin has no issues stacking and keeping 3 plagues up.

• Options
    rexfire91rexfire91 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 56 Arc User
    I use Holy Avenger myself.
  • Options
    oscardanyoscardany Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Bronzewood..... good!!!
  • Options
    rexfire91 wrote: »

That is fu***** costly, not an option. :)))
    Anyway a 5% chance does not sound good.
    I think I'll go with Plague again. Thanks guys.

Well, if your PVPing, then yeah, there are way better options. I was speaking from a PVE perspective where party buffs are handy. Guess I should have specified that. Sorry.

Bronzewood is a pretty powerful debuff (and it's cheap on the AH to boot). The only downside is that half the time you're in combat it's on cooldown.
  • Options
    silverkelt wrote: »
    every class can stack 3 plagues.. so why I always here that, seems invalid to me. My gf, dc and paladin has no issues stacking and keeping 3 plagues up.

1) GF is mostly a single target fighter, meaning he cannot spread the debuff around unless he moves and attacks multiple targets which requires time and therefore cannot keep them fully stacked
    2) GF does more than hit hit hit, he can keep plague stacked on one target as long as he does nothing besides attack, but he does things besides attack. The down time results in gap of full stacking

Plague is better used in a party situation by someone who has high attack speed and large AOES

• Options
    flyingleonflyingleon Member Posts: 451 Arc User

Well, if your PVPing, then yeah, there are way better options. I was speaking from a PVE perspective where party buffs are handy. Guess I should have specified that. Sorry.

Bronzewood is a pretty powerful debuff (and it's cheap on the AH to boot). The only downside is that half the time you're in combat it's on cooldown.

But even in PVE 5% chance to proc is like never proc. I tried Steel Blitz, it has the same chance and it never proc. :o
    Since I have low ArmP should I go Bronzewood? 8% debuff seems far less than that of the Plague Fire.
    2 mistakes here by just reading tool tips. Bronz brings pure damage buff independent of your Arm. In PVE, plague fire gives 9% buff at 3 stacks but it is for party.

Join the Greycloaks

Ana-GWF SM Destroyer | Farseer-CW MoF Renegade | Leon-GF SM Tactician
    Adrik Battlefate-DC DO Virtuous | Cassi Woodsheart-HR PF Trapper
  • Options
    flyingleonflyingleon Member Posts: 451 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    flyingleon wrote: »

But even in PVE 5% chance to proc is like never proc. I tried Steel Blitz, it has the same chance and it never proc. :o
    Since I have low ArmP should I go Bronzewood? 8% debuff seems far less than that of the Plague Fire.
    2 mistakes here by just reading tool tips. Bronz brings pure damage buff independent of your Arm. In PVE, plague fire gives 9% buff at 3 stacks but it is for party.

You made me lost here, so Bronzewood is better for PVP and Plague is better for PVE on my GF?
    In PVE I use Weapon Master Strike that gives nice AoE, like Enforced Threat. In PVP I'm completely single target.
    What to choose, I need your best advices guys... I can't afford multiple weapon enchantments. :(

I just want to point out some things I learned. Reduce defense is not mitigation debuff, in pve reducing 45% defence works as 9% mitigation debuff. For Bronz, it is mitigation debuff straightforward. The biggest drawback compared to plague fire is that the up time is only 50%.
    I don't play my GF anymore, so I am not expert neither pve nor pvp for GF.

Join the Greycloaks

Ana-GWF SM Destroyer | Farseer-CW MoF Renegade | Leon-GF SM Tactician
    Adrik Battlefate-DC DO Virtuous | Cassi Woodsheart-HR PF Trapper
  • Options
    edited July 2015

I don't Pvp so I can only speak from a Pve perspective. Whichever Weapon Enchantment you decide to use will depend on how you want to support your party.
    Enchantments such as Bilethorn and Bronzewood focus on increasing your personal dps and thereby improving your ability to pull aggro on enemies.
    Enchantments such as Terror or Plaguefire will lower target damage resistance, increasing party dps overall.
    Encahntments such as Holy Avenger will help you to protect your allies. (Your right in that 5% is not enough of a trigger chance so it's better to get the second tier which has a 10% chance. I find it sufficient at any rate. But it is costly so if your on a budget then go with the others)

So before you ask which is better you should ask yourself, "what do I want my enchantment to do for me/my party?" Hope this helps. I'll let the others fill you in on the Pvp statistics.

P.S. Kudos to Greyloche for the data. Steelblitz is a worthless skill for GFs and I had always wondered if it was the same for GWFs. Thanks for answering my question. :)
  • Options
    warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    greyloche wrote: »

Steel blitz isn't good for anyone, in my opinion. here it is on my GWF. and i'm using a TVorpal. this is me farming in WoD and as you can see Blitz is barely 2% damage for a GWF.

Steel Blitz and Weapon Master
    steel_Blitz_and_weapon_master.png

Steel Blitz and Destroyer
    steel_Blitz_and_Destroyer.png

Destroyer and Weapon Master (the best combo)
    Destroyer_and_Weapon_master.png

yeah still blitz is worthless I do not have any points on this class future
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    putzboy78 wrote: »
    silverkelt wrote: »

1) GF is mostly a single target fighter, meaning he cannot spread the debuff around unless he moves and attacks multiple targets which requires time and therefore cannot keep them fully stacked
    2) GF does more than hit hit hit, he can keep plague stacked on one target as long as he does nothing besides attack, but he does things besides attack. The down time results in gap of full stacking

Plague is better used in a party situation by someone who has high attack speed and large AOES

What I've heard though is that Knight's Valor will spread PF to everything that hits everyone affected by it.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options

What I've heard though is that Knight's Valor will spread PF to everything that hits everyone affected by it.

Now that would be interesting, since Knight's Valor doesn't cause damage I'm not sure what mechanic could spread the PF around unless you were going with the iron maiden reflect build. However, then you would need to run supremacy of steel and for optimal up time you probably have to go protector or tactician right?

Sorry been a long time since i had enough RP to actually gear my GF up enough to leave PE.