test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Changes Coming to Vote-to-Kick

yetweallfalldownyetweallfalldown Member Posts: 134 Arc User
edited July 2015 in News & Announcements
Since launch, we have kept a close eye on the vote-to-kick feature. We are ready to discuss changes coming to the system with our next content launch (more on this to come soon).

Visit the blog for more details.
Communications Manager - Perfect World Entertainment
Post edited by kreatyve on

Comments

• Options
    lvlkarmalvllvlkarmalvl Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    Changes look good, I think it will alleviate a lot of the issues. Good to see a decision was made one way or the other.
  • Options
    b0redgamerb0redgamer Member Posts: 254 Arc User
    Excellent! This is exactly what is needed.
    Signature under construction, stay tuned.
    GT: b0red gamer
  • Options
    igotit4freeigotit4free Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    I look forward to this update very much as I was just booted "again" for loot drops. I hope we don't have to wait too long for this update as it is really killing the game for a lot of people, especially news players to the game. Great new and keep up the good work :smiley:
  • Options
    vagu2vagu2 Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    Funny how the dungeons are dead now, would have needed that fix waaaaay sooner.
  • Options
    originalkrendororiginalkrendor Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    So you can still kick at the fire after you have wiped on the last boss, correct?

This is VERY needed, maybe the main reason for vote to kick
  • Options
    rockstargfurockstargfu Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    Woooot cant wait, be able to farm dungeons for marks now, was bs needing 2 friends to be eligable for even rolling for 1
  • Options
    spookyvaporsspookyvapors Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    People will still abuse it. You'll just get two high level DPS and a DC that will kick in between bosses. Then they'll just 3 man it. This won't help that much. Vote to Kick needs to be removed from the game. It's a bunch of BS getting kicked all the time and wasting my valuable time. Then the Boot n Looters get rewarded at the AH for all the greater marks they've made. And the people who get kicked like me are the ones that have to buy them off the AH.
  • Options
    mahburgmahburg Member Posts: 598 Arc User
    I might go back to Dungeons again once this comes in :)
  • Options
    diablokilla75diablokilla75 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    People will still abuse it. You'll just get two high level DPS and a DC that will kick in between bosses. Then they'll just 3 man it. This won't help that much. Vote to Kick needs to be removed from the game. It's a bunch of BS getting kicked all the time and wasting my valuable time. Then the Boot n Looters get rewarded at the AH for all the greater marks they've made. And the people who get kicked like me are the ones that have to buy them off the AH.

• Options
    diablokilla75diablokilla75 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Get rid of it completely it makes no sense at all.I went all the way to the end CN just to get kicked. 1hr waisted. Well letl see how this goes.cause I might stop olaying completely. ...
  • Options
    spookyvaporsspookyvapors Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    Yup it's a complete joke. You got people kicking right now in a 3 minute skirmish for the CTA event. It's ridiculous. I've ran about 6 of them and in 2 there were VTK for other people for no damn reason for something that takes a few minutes and has no effect on rewards. You're going to start losing a bunch of players cause of this and I'll bet you've already lost a few.
  • Options
    draven165draven165 Member Posts: 255 Arc User
    I say this is a Victory! This actually speaks volumes about the Company. Despite all the nay sayers, they actually did listen. Granted you cant please everyone as the posts above me show but this will fix and alleviate a lot of the current issues.

Will abusers find new ways to grief other players? Of course they will. That is what people with the predisposition to be losers always do. Unfortunately the only way to stop bad behavior, and truly stop it, is to start making examples out of those that exhibit it. Delete Characters and Ban Xbox Live accounts. Is that extreme? Yes. Is that effective? Yes!

If VTK was completely removed the abusers would simply let you carry them to the end of the Dungeon and then refuse to get in line at the final boss door to spawn in. At that point you would have 1 of 2 options, either sit there for hours on end waiting or leave yourself. So regardless if there is or isn't a VTK feature in bad players will always be bad players. At least with this new system they cant let you carry them through the instance and the second a shiny drops they boot you before rolling on it. I will take this as a victory AND a new found hope in this Development team that they do listen to their players and are trying to fix issues.

To the Developers:
    Kudos to you for this. But do not let this stop your momentum. Be prepared and start brainstorming now on all the ways the new system can and unfortunately will be abused and start thinking of ways to get ahead of it. You have the attention of a lot of players now that were losing hope. Don't drop the ball!
  • Options
    davidagaldodavidagaldo Member Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Yup it's a complete joke. You got people kicking right now in a 3 minute skirmish for the CTA event. It's ridiculous.

Yeah, that is an invitational event for 6-60 lvls and can be booted. Crazy! I saw peeps sitting out of range of the final boss. Myself and another player melted the boss but noticed someone disappeared. I was dismissing popups as fast as they appeared so I may have missed the VTK popup and was not challenging anyone for the loot.

The other (my) crazy kick was the skirmish on Ebon, my DC's GS is high, was helping everyone, barely getting any loot. Final boss was my responsibility for some reason. the other four were not in focus of the final boss. The VTK timing could not have been better timed. I melt the boss and !poof! Why?!? What huge value in loot and chest was the reason for kicking me?

I have to admit, I have not been kicked much in the last week, twice to be exact. I don't do many dungeons because of the relaxed VTK process. I am mostly PVP now.
    Guild: Spectrum
    .. Teucer (HR) / Maximus Decimus (DC) .. GT: ApexDemon
  • Options
    drexcidrexci Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    Better late than never. Thanks for listening to the community.
  • Options
    yetweallfalldownyetweallfalldown Member Posts: 134 Arc User
    We appreciate all the continued feedback! We're still talking about how these updates are going to change things once implemented.
    Communications Manager - Perfect World Entertainment
  • Options
    ancojoancojo Member Posts: 253 Arc User
    sponsahme wrote: »
    I run solo 80 percent of the time, because it's faster for me to make AD. I have not gotten boot n looted once over the past 2 months lol
    Lucky you! This was the one part of the game that destroyed it for me, I just hope this fix when its out sorts it but I "Still" have my doubts, as has been mentioned groups will still kick before the boss now, I still think a midway point was the best option.

One good point is the no booting when loot rolling, but it would be better if loot was all the same colour and only recognised when picked up, the minute a purple drops everyone is going to run for it so they cannot be kicked!

• Options
    xxxsfalxxxxxxsfalxxx Member Posts: 133 Arc User
    Looks awesome so far in theory. (Now if only GM of Power weren't 300K - seems like an item that needs a higher percentage chance or a way to just buy it, when can we upgrade our pvp artifact!) Sure these vtk won't fix every single thing, and maybe it's not needed for those who have all they want, and perhaps the dynamic of the jerks and losers will just change. But if something drops in a fight etc you don't need to play while being less worried about mobs and more "in constant fear" of having scum be greedy filth. Or just thinking it's funny that somebody doesn't get the seals and chest reward in EPK etc etc.
  • Options
    somtin10101somtin10101 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Well a much better idea would include a que system that didn't force you to play with 5 people to run dungeons that you could do with 3.

There is no way to run an epic dungeon without being put in such an out dated method of queuing! Guild players are not constantly kicking people because they don't want you to progress, they are kicking you because they don't need your help! It's more effective to run a dungeon for greater marks with 2 other people than 4 other people. If 1 greater mark drops once out of 5 dungeons and you have to run it with 4 other people the odds of you receiving a mark drops drastically as appossed to 3 of you! This inevitably, makes you more money as a company restricting us to a out dated system like yours!

Your system is set up in a way for you to increase your profit from the sale of zen. If we didn't get stuck in the never ending wave of people I don't know who I must kick to try and find the marks I need to both make ad for equipment I need and marks to upgrade the endless <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> I need to increase my own character, then the market on all refinement items would drop drastically if we were allowed to effectively farm them. Then you wouldn't make the money you do from refinement in your game!

What you need is the que as this group function, and also leave it up to the players to look for replacements if need be threw a reque for replacement function. Then the boot and loot would virtually disappear overnight! No guilds would have to kick, only scrubs whom can't finish a dungeon with out 4 others would be boot and looting, in this case the new improvements would be a blessing!
  • Options
    People are obviously missing the plot. The point is that anyone should be able to queue up, get in a dungeon and run it without fear of being kicked when good loot drops. The game is here to have fun and enjoy, not to be greedy and boot people so you have a better chance for loot to make AD/Zen. As far as with the way the queue system is now, if you boot too many people it will lock the instance and prevent any new player from joining. That makes it to where your "group of 3" can simply boot people until it locks and run the instance.
  • Options
    sponsahme wrote: »
    why are you calling boot n looters greedy filth and losers, and scumbags etc.. some of them are some really are some really nice people who just want to make some AD man..

it's just a game. y u heff to be mad.

While ruining the experience for other players. It is an obvious abuse of a system not put in place for that purpose. So basically you are saying it is okay to "boot n loot" to make AD while making other people not enjoy the game. The whole point of games is to have fun and enjoy it.
  • Options
    somtin10101somtin10101 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    [quote="b0redgamer;12628707"]People are obviously missing the plot. The point is that anyone should be able to queue up, get in a dungeon and run it without fear of being kicked when good loot drops. The game is here to have fun and enjoy, not to be greedy and boot people so you have a better chance for loot to make AD/Zen. As far as with the way the queue system is now, if you boot too many people it will lock the instance and prevent any new player from joining. That makes it to where your "group of 3" can simply boot people until it locks and run the instance.[/quote]

The current system does no such thing, and it's a pain in the butt to boot people. Very few people enjoy booting! I have worked hard to get to a skill level and gear level to effectively almost solo pk and frost, why should anyone be forced to carry lesser players to drops that normally they would struggle to achieve? If I could just que and not be forced to play with others, I wouldn't be forced to boot! And just FYI, we boot instantly which is far different than booting after the loot drops.
  • Options
    a648dreda648dred Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    draven165 wrote: »
    I say this is a Victory! This actually speaks volumes about the Company. Despite all the nay sayers, they actually did listen. Granted you cant please everyone as the posts above me show but this will fix and alleviate a lot of the current issues.

Will abusers find new ways to grief other players? Of course they will. That is what people with the predisposition to be losers always do. Unfortunately the only way to stop bad behavior, and truly stop it, is to start making examples out of those that exhibit it. Delete Characters and Ban Xbox Live accounts. Is that extreme? Yes. Is that effective? Yes!

If VTK was completely removed the abusers would simply let you carry them to the end of the Dungeon and then refuse to get in line at the final boss door to spawn in. At that point you would have 1 of 2 options, either sit there for hours on end waiting or leave yourself. So regardless if there is or isn't a VTK feature in bad players will always be bad players. At least with this new system they cant let you carry them through the instance and the second a shiny drops they boot you before rolling on it. I will take this as a victory AND a new found hope in this Development team that they do listen to their players and are trying to fix issues.

To the Developers:
    Kudos to you for this. But do not let this stop your momentum. Be prepared and start brainstorming now on all the ways the new system can and unfortunately will be abused and start thinking of ways to get ahead of it. You have the attention of a lot of players now that were losing hope. Don't drop the ball!

If VTK was completely removed they could put a timer on the line up for the final boss which would stop the abuse you speak of. The improvements are good but I hope VTK is eventually completely removed.
  • Options
    karlspaklerkarlspakler Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    The should also increase the number needed to kick from 3 to 4. There should be consensus.
  • Options
    danny3421danny3421 Member Posts: 135 Arc User
    Not may people will carry on doing this, you could report the gamer tags to xbox, so that they can deal with them there side for cheating in-game. Witch shouldn't be alowed in any game. :|
  • Options
    adeladel Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    [quote="spookyvapors;12626898"]People will still abuse

[quote="spookyvapors;12626898"]People will still abuse it. You'll just get two high level DPS and a DC that will kick in between bosses. Then they'll just 3 man it. This won't help that much. Vote to Kick needs to be removed from the game. It's a bunch of BS getting kicked all the time and wasting my valuable time. Then the Boot n Looters get rewarded at the AH for all the greater marks they've made. And the people who get kicked like me are the ones that have to buy them off the AH. [/quote]

and u know wat .. For new pple like me who dont have enough AD we end up spending $ for Zen and exchange it to AD to just frekin buy out good stuff for urself ... I just realized this game is free-to-play indeed but in tricky way of rib off .. And i F heat to play it .. Just deleted it
  • Options
    mahburgmahburg Member Posts: 598 Arc User
    Booiting and looting would definitely fall foul of the Live tos and if the enforcement team ever comes in they will start dropping the banhammer
    Best solution is to go on the live forums and request that Major Nelson and the crew come into neverwinter.
    Then we can read the enforcement forums and laugh our asses off as they get banned :)
  • Options
    xxxsfalxxxxxxsfalxxx Member Posts: 133 Arc User
    It's just prudent to expect some players will be greedy and selfish at the expense of others. Sabotage the Tiamat Raid so others can't have what they do. Yes, some players do actually believe the point of all this is them and only them getting the expensive powerful drops. That the goal of doing anything in game and the goal of the game is getting AD and GS and leaderboard positions at any cost. That their überness even requires walking over other lesser players to get. Hence the systems should have measures in place to stop such players from abusing the systems. Because when we expect teamwork and fairness all the time, we'll be disappointed.
  • Options
    idontcombatlootidontcombatloot Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    At least this should fix the issue. I personally don't care either way because with the current system it encourages players to play with a guild or friends which is what the game is all about. But the pitiful plan to fix the system earlier was just sad. Whichever Dev on the team had that idea has obviously NEVER played Neverwinter.
    Kirov - 19.2k Hellbringer Fury Warlock
    Guild Leader of <Critical Severity>
    We are recruiting 15+GS PVE and PVP players
  • Options
    monktoastymonktoasty Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    Changes look good, I think it will alleviate a lot of the issues. Good to see a decision was made one way or the other.

Wrong, sure itll alleviate as they say a bit of the scenarios, but doesnt stop getting kicked before.

But hopefully its enough to fix a majority of the problem

But im guessing that it wont.

I say just disable it completely

• Options
    razalkunnrazalkunn Member Posts: 81 Arc User
    Hasn't happened to me so far hopefully it wont now. i have been kicked at the start for not using a mic though.