test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Possible PvP Stats Bug

strandthemanstrandtheman Member Posts: 24 Arc User
In regards to the newly tracked PvP stats, has anyone else noticed or experienced a difference in the number of "Deaths" that are being listed in the "Overall" and "Domination" sections?

If this is not a bug, my only assumption would be that the Soul Forged armor enchantment is what is causing the difference since the enchantment does prevent a death on the score card during a match, but perhaps the initial down is still counted as a death for overall purposes.

Keep in mind, I do understand stats are pointless in a Objective based game mode, but I'm just curious as why there is a difference and if that may play into the ranking calculations.

See you on the battlefield!

Comments

• skeld11skeld11 Member Posts: 225 Arc User
    Seems like the thought originally when the leaderboard launched was that it was counting PvE deaths maybe also, but there were some really inflated death numbers on some people right away.

The interesting thing about the leaderboard would be figuring out what it actually uses for a formula to calculate your position.
    GWF
    -ASYLUM-
  • hanoth2hanoth2 Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    Yeah, I have a difference by 6 deaths on mine :/ no idea how or when they started appearing though. Have you submitted a ticket about this?
  • strandthemanstrandtheman Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    hanoth2 wrote: »
    Yeah, I have a difference by 6 deaths on mine :/ no idea how or when they started appearing though. Have you submitted a ticket about this?

I have not as I didn't consider it a major issue due to thinking there was a logical explanation. However, I did some testing and confirmed it is not due to the Soul Forge enchantment...at least not directly or intentionally.

I had all of my PvP stats on one of my alt characters reset completely after a match with stats now showing only "1 win" yet "0" in everything else. I'll put in a ticket regarding both issues to see if these are a common issue.

There's definitely an issue with the leaderboards for PVP.. I'm ranked with people that have k/d's and w/l ratios that are much worse than mine. I have a positive k/d just about every game.. Even if I win a game my rank goes down. There's obviously a huge bug in the leaderboards that need to be fixed.
  • somemintsomemint Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    There's definitely an issue with the leaderboards for PVP.. I'm ranked with people that have k/d's and w/l ratios that are much worse than mine. I have a positive k/d just about every game.. Even if I win a game my rank goes down. There's obviously a huge bug in the leaderboards that need to be fixed.

Not necessarily. It could simply mean that your position within leaderboard is not a function of kills or wins. For example, it can be based on opponent's team's vs your team's "skill rating".
  • respectpaysrespectpays Member Posts: 344 Arc User
    its based on the % u win or lose the more wins I have the higher I go but when I lose I lose pages that's what its based off of