test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Update to Leadership on Gateway

strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
We're implementing some changes to Leadership on Gateway. More information here: http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/9470123

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

Comments

• Options
    zukn75zukn75 Member Posts: 364 Arc User
    A series of varied, reliable,repeatable,enjoyable, bug free ways to get AD please.
    I really don't want to be speed running skirmishes during the skirmish hour, every day,every time it rolls around and dropping what I am doing to do so. It's bad enough with with only two choices of skirmish at 60+. Gods know you don't do them for the chest rewards. And the Epics esp Tuern are so buggy and laggy they're not enjoyable and not quick.
  • Options
    truckulatruckula Member Posts: 124 Arc User
    Can you merge the 3 other active threads into this thread?
    ddfuv.jpg
    Click banner for the Dragon Dogs Family guild page.
  • Options
    rifter1969rifter1969 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 516 Arc User
    I was going to post a reply... but what's the point?
  • Options
    reversion27reversion27 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Everyone write down what you were doing when this patch goes live lol. You guys just lost your entire game unless you do something to generate 100's of k of AD a day. You made the botters richer, and the non bot people so broke lol. One day, just one day they will use their head. I just hope Strum that you have done well enough to get a good job at your next gig.
  • Options
    denvalddenvald Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 702 Arc User
    We should merge this with the other threads...

I really hope you're going to reconsider because the current end game situation will become terrible with the next patch

Exp changes
    Game difficulty
    T2 dungeons are very unrewarding
    No gateway leadership?

There's basicly no way to progress the game without making AD, at least before I could do it on gateway while waiting for pvp queues to come up in game!
    I am the monk, martial skill transcends the battlefield
    It is my my life style, my doctrine and my state of mind,
    You fight well, but without focus and discipline, you will fall.

More threads by me / Click on it B)
    My Support Warlock/Temptation Thread
  • Options
    iguresamaiguresama Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    1° Reduce Drasticaly the Refine Drops.
    2° Make EVERYTHING bound so players cant sell anything on market to produce AD.
    3° Create new BiS Refinable Equips Every mod to players expend ad in things that gonna be useless.
    4° Turn Artifact Drop Rate From Dungeons and HEs Realy Low.
    5° Remove Leadership From the Gateway to destroy their way of lvling it up without log on the game.

Its just me that noticed this game have been goin in an extremly pay to win path?

I hope the NW Team go back with that last decision or probably we gonna see TONS of playeable bots on PE and TONS of honestly players quiting.
  • Options
    gom8gom8 Member Posts: 121 Arc User
    wow epic fail on this.. no more leadership from work/phone...

Thanks for making those who bot in game the real winners *thumbs up*
  • Options
    espadaboltespadabolt Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    Wow double AD event so I can get 6k AD instead of 3k, amazing. Thats alot, I will get fully geared in 4 years at this rate.-_-
  • Options
    wilswilswilswils Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 21 Arc User
    How are people supposed to get AD?
    How are new people supposed to level up to 70 and get geared?
    How am i supposed to refine my artifact equipment when it doesnt drop either refinement, or stuff to sell/trade for refinement?

Are you guys even thinking this through or did u just happen to commit to this stupid idea over the lunch break the past week?

Reconsider this, real fast. It is turning more pay2win than ever. And that is not good im afraid, i might quit. But you dont care bout that do you?
    Lord Killington, enough said.
  • Options
    BrownBrown Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Tsk tsk tsk so sad
  • Options
    gom8gom8 Member Posts: 121 Arc User
    honestly if they have "other plans" how about waiting till you have those "other plans" ready and implementing them instead of just going all hatchet on it, considering how long leadership has been "botted" or "exploited" or whatever on the gateway, this seems like.. it is a little late and extreme????
  • Options
    twordleytwordley Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Are you really really trying to get all veterans to leave neverwinter? I have been playing since beta through thick and thin.

This is supposed to be DUNGEONS and dragons and you remove 80% of the playable dungeons? No way to play the game and earn AD anymore. You say your bringing them back but we have yet to see anything. New MOD still nothing about getting us back the existing content let alone new dungeons... and no way to play/run dungeons and earn AD.

The ONLY saving grace to try and keep up with the massive AD sink for what you have been adding... new artifact gear, rank 12 enchants, mythic artifacts and legendary companions was leadership on the gateway. It was easy and accessible to the average player. For the first time i am seriously considering looking elsewhere. Shame .... just shame on you...
  • Options
    curlong1curlong1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1 Arc User
    I don't think you actually read these but in case i'm wrong i will try to say this logically
    this change wont help anything those who really want to bot will use the in game bots most other players will just quit it will not balance the game if anything it will create a bigger divide between players the ad sellers will continue in game boting and becoming rich selling ad to the few players that still play after this if you want to even have a prayer of keeping players min you will have to do is make another castle never that drops unbound bis gear that is unbound so pepl can farm it and sell it on the ah you will also have to make the dragon hoard drop like they use to even if it is still bound and you will need to really fix the leveling so its no longer do all the quests in the new areas and only hit lvl 67. So now you have it that people cant lvl up they cant make ad and that double ad weekend will not relive it at all i personally use gateway so i can do my leadership while i am at work using my phone so please think twice about this change.
  • Options
    jandrixjandrix Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    I have not had a problem with the changes made in this game until this. This honestly just ruins my motivation to play. It hurts new players more than anything. They are so far down the currency curve and you just chopped their only way to move up the curve.

Also I honestly do not like the profession interface ingame. Even while I am playing the game I keep the gateway open on my other screen because it is much better. I just put a decent amount of money into the game getting the dragonborn legends pack two days ago and now I regret it. I am worried I just spent money on a soon to be dead game. This is going to cost a lot of players.

This is punishing the players for having poor quality programmers.
  • Options
    rifter1969rifter1969 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 516 Arc User
    Double AD weekend? Is that the best you can do?
    Hmm... well STO is having a bonus Dilithium weekend too... you know what.. I think that's where I'll be this weekend.
    At least in STO I can get dilithium from a great many sources, as opposed to the limited sources and measly amounts of AD in Neverwinter.

• Options
    goldenregisgoldenregis Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 11 Arc User
    Welp I echo the sentiment of most of the rest of the player population. I've been playing since beta and even when most of my original friends left the game I kept playing. Now this is the final nail in the coffin. Make everything Bound, okay. Can still farm most pieces of gear. Make BiS items take either hundreds of dollars or hundreds of hours of game play for a single character? I guess that's fine. Then make BiS items take upwards of a month of dedicated farming? Fine I won't get BiS items then. Kill the only way I can actually finance multiple end level content characters? So long and thanks for all the fish.
    Heh. Mod 0 player/guild, "The Jolly Rogers"
  • Options
    forgottenshadoforgottenshado Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    This is another in a series of well intentioned and poorly thought out changes to "fix" the economy. This change WILL reduce the amount of AD in circulation. It WILL lower AH prices on items. And while those intentions are good (although I seriously doubt they are motivated by anything other than trying to get more of our IRL money into investing in Zen). It will ALSO make Gateway essentially useless for most dedicated players who already have their Professions maxed. And, worst of all, it appears to us to be another giant EFF YOU to your players.

Over the past few months, you've decimated the ability to progress gear. You killed the drop rate of refinement items for reasons that are unfathomable and were never explained. Then you made a snap change without considering the consequences and made it WAY TOO easy. Then you hamstrung it again...Slap ouch. You raised the time it takes to complete leadership tasks to effectively make them less profitable....slap ouch. You made the best PvP gear in the game (the stuff that takes weeks of dedicated effort to grind out AND waste tons of resources investing in Black Ice to level 5 to get and make) and you GIVE IT AWAY. Now you decide to make the gateway a much less useful tool for those of us who access it from work to try to get AD. You guys are making some AMAZINGLY poor decisions from a PR and gameplay perspective. Coupled with your inability to produce well planned, tested and executed updates, you guys should be bending over backwards to keep folks happy, NOT alienating your core.

What this change won't do is stop farming from the professionals. They will simply modify the tools they have been using in other MMOs for years will now consume even more server resources by constantly logging in and out to tend to their farms. You think the daily evening lag spikes are bad now? imagine them around the clock as the servers are treated to a steady load of mindless bots logging in, logging out, logging in, logging out...

I urge you to reconsider this change. You need help in coming up with a solution to the problem, LAY OUT THE PROBLEM AS YOU SEE IT AND ASK THE COMMUNITY FOR SUGGESTIONS. Contrary to what zone chat makes it appear, there are some very smart folks who play the game and would love to see it stay around. Don't keep shafting the folks who like your game...ultimately, you guys are the ones who end up suffering.
  • Options
    denvalddenvald Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 702 Arc User
    Oh yeah I forgot about that part, the old bots on gateway won't be stopped because they'll move to in game botting, make things worse people won't be able to use the gateway and servers will lag even more because those bots will farm them inside the game instead.

Rank 4 enchant stacks are worth 2k each. So will people farm inside the game? Of course they will. Will it ruin the economy just as badly as gateway bots? Absolutely, what will change? Players lose a convenient way of doing things and pisses off a majority of your player base.

Really, how in the world is that a good decision ?
    I am the monk, martial skill transcends the battlefield
    It is my my life style, my doctrine and my state of mind,
    You fight well, but without focus and discipline, you will fall.

More threads by me / Click on it B)
    My Support Warlock/Temptation Thread
  • Options
    suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    ...while I'm all for sarcasm every now and them, and an avid LShipper, let's just see what they come up with...

As a simple and straightforward suggestion, I'd be perfectly happy with would be to e.g. double the "baseline" quests (Fight off Spellplagued, Collect Taxes e.g.) - in running time AND reward. Especially if it would happen as an additional task option. Cycle your chars to reassign tasks every 12 hours instead of every six - who'd complain there? Introducing alternative regular (i.e. non-rare) tasks at a decent AD/h level with running times of 10-12 could bridge that gap, too...

Another way this could be handled would IMHO be the possibility of queueing tasks.

I can, however, understand the cynical scepticism reigning in this discussion, based on prior, recent experiences...

...the case of the Dragon's Hoard Enchantments' nerf comes to mind, where we got two 2x RP weekends so far in 3 months. Meh. Somehow this bodes not all too well...
  • Options
    laggaliciouslaggalicious Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    This is another in a series of well intentioned and poorly thought out changes to "fix" the economy. This change WILL reduce the amount of AD in circulation. It WILL lower AH prices on items. And while those intentions are good (although I seriously doubt they are motivated by anything other than trying to get more of our IRL money into investing in Zen). It will ALSO make Gateway essentially useless for most dedicated players who already have their Professions maxed. And, worst of all, it appears to us to be another giant EFF YOU to your players.

Over the past few months, you've decimated the ability to progress gear. You killed the drop rate of refinement items for reasons that are unfathomable and were never explained. Then you made a snap change without considering the consequences and made it WAY TOO easy. Then you hamstrung it again...Slap ouch. You raised the time it takes to complete leadership tasks to effectively make them less profitable....slap ouch. You made the best PvP gear in the game (the stuff that takes weeks of dedicated effort to grind out AND waste tons of resources investing in Black Ice to level 5 to get and make) and you GIVE IT AWAY. Now you decide to make the gateway a much less useful tool for those of us who access it from work to try to get AD. You guys are making some AMAZINGLY poor decisions from a PR and gameplay perspective. Coupled with your inability to produce well planned, tested and executed updates, you guys should be bending over backwards to keep folks happy, NOT alienating your core.

What this change won't do is stop farming from the professionals. They will simply modify the tools they have been using in other MMOs for years will now consume even more server resources by constantly logging in and out to tend to their farms. You think the daily evening lag spikes are bad now? imagine them around the clock as the servers are treated to a steady load of mindless bots logging in, logging out, logging in, logging out...

I urge you to reconsider this change. You need help in coming up with a solution to the problem, LAY OUT THE PROBLEM AS YOU SEE IT AND ASK THE COMMUNITY FOR SUGGESTIONS. Contrary to what zone chat makes it appear, there are some very smart folks who play the game and would love to see it stay around. Don't keep shafting the folks who like your game...ultimately, you guys are the ones who end up suffering.

Dittos, dittos and dittos. I had my own rant but this is so on target it bears being quoted over and over. This is bigger than just the Gateway issue, as Forgottenshado so eloquently points out.
  • Options
    dionchidionchi Member Posts: 919 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Another way to try to force people to BUY Zen, at what I consider to be an inflated price, so they can convert to AD's?

But then people can't really convert Zen to AD's much any more because the AD exchange is mostly down.

People can apparently still buy AD's from third party vendors but seems to be frowned upon...

I had level 60 Epic gear before the upgrade to Mod 6 and there was no real need for excessive amounts of AD's because my gear was good, my enchantments and runes were sufficient and besides I could pick up more and better gear and stones by questing - by myself if there was no other alternative...

Then comes Mod 6.

Dungeons are shut down.

My gear is worthless, my weapons are worthless, my enchantments and runes are next to worthless and the difficulty level has been jacked up so high that there is no longer any solo questing in many areas and even with a party there is only a marginal chance of success unless a person already has the some of the best armor, weapons and enchantments available and the only way to obtain those items, only alternative most people have is to attempt to gather massive amounts of AD's just to be able to continue to play Neverwinter.

So I'm walking around with mostly crappy gear, trying to survive as many encounters, skirmishes and dungeons as I can to try to get enough AD's so as to not be repeatedly killed trying to complete a single quest...

If you ask me it seems people are creating their own monsters, then complaining when there are monsters.

just my opinion.
    DD~
  • Options
    xreverusxxreverusx Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Seriously? Forget it! I am not dropping another 3k dollars on this game just to get in a position to be able to upgrade a character's set to all legendary or all Mythic or all "next mod" artifacts........ this is ridiculous!!!!!!!!!!! WHY MAKE IT HARD TO MAKE AD when millions of AD are required to upgrade a single artifact!~~!!
    I am STUCK with a CW cause it is IMPOSSIBLE to gear more than one char!!!!! I spent the last 12 MONTHS building up characters to get to the point where I can bring in enough AD to upgrade stuff on ONE character....... you are making this NOT FUN !!
  • Options
    pantherwitch4982pantherwitch4982 Member Posts: 24 Arc User

Shado is one of my favorite people in game and in my guild. This is why. He doesn't just see the approach of the game through tunnel vision, but he looks at is just as more of a web. Tweak this part here, that happens over there. You guys seriously think the latest news article *cough*Bandaid*cough* is fixing the community's feelings over the issue? I hope you see that the multiple threads going prove very well that it doesn't. The rest of our players aren't going to appreciate the loss of gateway, due to the issues I've already laid out, and Shado has so succinctly reiterated.

For anyone who didn't understand what I said:
    TL;DR: Yes, that. Bad Plan.
  • Options
    fdsakhfduewhfiuffdsakhfduewhfiuf Member Posts: 604 Arc User
    You guys are naive. Do you really think removing leadership from the gateway will stop botters? The real botters who are selling AD for cash? Maybe it's time to give you some perspective.

Leadership can be automated in-game. No big issue. Botters are not stopped. Legit players are pissed off though.

It's the legit players paying your bills. Keep driving away legit players. What will eventually happen is obvious.

The only thing you seem to be doing is to raise more and more paywalls. Artifacts, artifact equipment, Strongholds (I don't see any point even trying out Strongholds - our guild will never be able to pass the paywalls). At the same time a lot of unpopular decisions keep driving players away.

I started playing about two years ago. I had a lot of fun playing this game. But the fun has stopped. Too much grind for nothing. To many decision against the players. Maybe the time has finally come to move on.
  • Options
    faulkner14faulkner14 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    I assumed the new developer they pulled from the XBOX version would actually attempt to fix the PC version.. It looked like he was at least trying. Now he's just the put the last nail in the coffin to kill this game. If this goes through I quit. Being able to have a steady stream of income from accessing leadership from the gateway was the last perk of this game. What they fail to realize is this means the "Botters" win and actual players lose. I say as a community we should turn the tables and stop using the in-game market and buying zen.. see how it effects their company "economy". Of course you can't protest or create change alone.. but must companies change their ignorant ways when their bottom line falters.

• Options
    ucanthandleucanthandle Member Posts: 211 Arc User
    Please listen to the feedback. Real players are tired of getting every possible way to earn AD removed. We all understand that bots need to be eliminated. The best way to fix the players being unhappy and to stop the bots is simple. Allow people to earn AD through content that cannot be botted. Bots do not beat things like 5 man heroic dungeons. If players earned something reasonable from them the players would be happy and bots would be broke because they cannot earn AD through game play. This current fix does nothing to stop bots, all ways to currently gain AD will still be accomplished better by bots than real players. Even if this caused players to be able to earn much more AD than you really want, at least it stops the bots. Since no one would be buying from bots, those people would be buying zen.

At the current price of items (12 mil for some trans enchants), it takes over 1 year to get that much at 24k AD per day. The prices will not come down much because items like Coal wards and GMOPs are all at pretty much fixed rates. Its understandable that the company wants to make money from Zen sales, but if people had to buy half as much there would probably be 4x as many players. People want to feel like they are progressing, even if you make it to the point that they cannot fully become best in slot without buying zen. Many of those extra players would buy zen. More players = more purchases. 5k people paying 20 bucks each is still less than 20k people paying 10 bucks each. Also many paying players leave to play more active games. People do not want to sit in a queue for 20 minutes because there are not enough players. 1 year at the starndard 24k AD per day for just 1 item is not free to play. A person who is severely undergeared with no possible in game way of upgrading will not play long and quits, leading to the payers quitting. More money can be made by making players happy and growing the player base than trying to squeeze what you can out of current players.

• Options
    krieg69krieg69 Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    REALLY?????? I just levelled all my toons up to 25 and bough a few Heroes for each of them JUST SO I can use the Gateway. Now you are gonna pull the rug out from under my feet????????

Collective punishment because a few jackasses are using BOTS????

Gateway Leadership is the only thing that's kept me interested in keeping up with the game. Since it's done, so am I.

$&?@*$ off!
  • Options
    fdsakhfduewhfiuffdsakhfduewhfiuf Member Posts: 604 Arc User
    Another way this could be handled would IMHO be the possibility of queueing tasks.

This will never ever happen... because it may be used by botters too.

Anything that may help legit players, that will make their lifes easier, will not be implemented because it will also help botters. I'd rather expect them too take other things away from us in the future. Our game life will get harder. And even more tedious and boring.
  • Options
    lexvianlexvian Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    For all legal Players this will be a reason to quit game.
    The botters doesnt mind, because they will do it ingame or find other ways.

Thx Cryptic for this epic fail
  • Options
    hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,462 Arc User
    The irony for me is that I never use the gateway, mainly because it causes my browser to freeze when I try to close it later (Firefox 28.0, which runs on my Windows 2000 installation). If I use the gateway, then to really close Firefox I have to kill it with the Task Manager.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured