test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Whats everyone's opinion on Tiamat so far?

sobritish1sobritish1 Member Posts: 55 Arc User
I want to try get together everyone's views on how it's going so far, some might say it's early days but many people have actually done there research and had past experience of Tiamat.

From the 4 runs we have done so far, i've noticed there is a strategy in place which maybe 40% of the people are following but still things are all over the place. Then there is another 40% which are still trying to understand but not quite there yet.

The other 20% are people who i think are not sure what they're doing and are not turning on Zone chat to find out.

My Personal Opinion anyway..

I think soon it will all pan out and things will go fine but i think damage output will be an issue overall as it is a very timed dungeon and you need to be prepared to know whats ahead. This is why i think we should raise the Gearscore slightly. Not because 'Oh hes low gearscore, he won't be any good' not like that at all but for the fact this is a dungeon where time is very precious and having people who have their heads around the game, maybe at the 14-15k mark seems more feasible for something so time orientated.

We have shores at 13500 which is quite suitable however Temple of tiamat is 20x as hard yet it's set at 10,000.

Each run i've noticed people are getting more organised and my last run it was near perfect just not enough DPS yet again.

Would love to hear the Communities opinions on how it's going so far and your views on what you think could/needs to happen.

Josh.
NW Xbox - Howie
Class - Control Wizard
GT - Howie EU

Comments

• Options
    tgsmoothtgsmooth Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    I say they raise the required gear score, definitely not enough dps to many 10k that think they can beat it or just want to be carried, sorry but if your not even good enough to get your T2's to be 12k you have no business poking your nose around tiamat, they raised required gear score on pc and straight up told people "lets face it you probably were't going to beat it anyways." That and people won't even take the time to look up how to beat him they want to ask in-game like people have enough time to type out exactly what to do. Get yours T2's done and get your set pieces and at least rank 6 enchantments, then do Tiamat plain and simple your causing a lot of people to lose, you will drop like a bag of bricks in the raid with that gs.
  • Options
    sobritish1sobritish1 Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    Ill wait for a few idea's for a Poll to add the the thread before i start one as they would be pretty bias just from my own ideas for the poll.
    NW Xbox - Howie
    Class - Control Wizard
    GT - Howie EU
  • Options
    masterwolf56masterwolf56 Member Posts: 204 Arc User
    Raids were bad. The people didn't understand what they had to do at all or were not reading the instructions when others tried to help them. I got annoyed at the people who were yelling at others on first run. What did you guys expect?

One tip, if you fall don't keep pinging for someone to pick you up. It's wasted dps for the person who has to pick you up and the time you spend on the ground. Just eat the death and run back. Only time it's really acceptable is when there are a lot of people around you to pick you up. Some people might complain they don't want to buy injury kits because they cost too much. If you farm Well of Dragons, you should make plenty of gold to cover those.
  • Options
    maverickredmaverickred Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    I just did my first Tiamat run, we failed and people are bickering back and forth blaming people under 13-14k GS and/or not following instructions. Honestly if I did get my GS up to 13-14k I don't think it'll be a big improvement but that's just my opinion on the matter, yes I'm going to try and get my GS up just to be able to do better but if all it results to is people bickering if we lose because of varying factors then what's the point? I mean after this one run I'm turned off from doing Tiamat again because of the people badmouthing, whining, and so on. Should the GS requirement be increased? Maybe, me myself I'll just stick to dungeoning for right now til I can get my GS higher then possibly do Tiamat again but as of now I won't do it again especially having to put up with the "elite, high, and mighty" 13k+ GS players. Honestly it makes the community look bad when players whine and blame others for something instead of trying to help improve and give information on how to do something better.
  • Options
    idthedestroyeridthedestroyer Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    I like the fight but but I hope they can fix some of the issues I've had today soon. Beat her once with 2 minutes left only to be told that we've failed and on the very next run I was disconnected mid fight and placed in a server with only 3 people and couldn't get back in with my group.
  • Options
    tang3tang3 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    We beat Tiamat and it glitched...waited for the remaining 2 minutes left after we beat it around the chest just to get the you were defeated animation...really lame.
  • Options
    misterrrwarlockmisterrrwarlock Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    They should make it 13k GS+. I know there are people who perform really well and are under 13k, but these are rare exceptions. The DPS is just too slow: if you can't get two heads to like 10% in the first round, its over. And sometimes we only get 1 -.- ... In addition to this, people who idle should not get any rewards and should get banned from tiamat for at least two days. The system could monitor damage made or points healed and if you do less than like 100k damage per round a couple of times you should get banned: warning about low performance and suspected idling and then ban.
  • Options
    mercbenz360mercbenz360 Member Posts: 120 Arc User
    Gear score is a flawed metric. Should that cw break up the vizer set for 400 more GS? Do you want people rushing to all 8 enchants or that greater or perfect vorpal which adds how much GS? Its a busted system.

We beat it too with 2 min left and the black dragons health bar at zero just stayed up through the cleric respawn into defeat. I wonder if I was in your fight or if this is super common.

Been a terrible mess of lag, insulting players typing more than fighting, and bugged wins into loses. If you running business class internet, playing 40 hours a week like NW is a job so you can hit an "acceptable" GS, or if you win, you still may lose....

Summary - huge waste of time right now. I suppose waiting for bug fixes and that dos bump from the offhand might be the only way to stay sane.
  • Options
    zacoria1405zacoria1405 Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    I think Tiamat is very good. What is a pity is that the 50% of players that really don't have a clue about what they are supposed to be actually doing can't spend a couple of minutes on the internet to find out. It would save them running around like headless chickens and everyone would benefit.
  • Options
    ancojoancojo Member Posts: 253 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Done it 3 times, beat it once but didn't get anything good though! I finished in the top 7 all 3 times with a GS of 13700 but you do get sick of people complaining about lower GS players! If they had any sense they would split up better and help lesser GS grouped people!
  • Options
    elikenuielikenui Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    I think they should raise the gear score requirement to 13k. It makes no sense to have the epic shores and lostmauth that have an over 13k requirement earlier in the campaign and then have a harder encounter requiring more coordination, with totally random PUG's and no premade parties, have only a 10k GS requirement. It's like having Castle Never requiring less than 8k GS.
    There should be a progressively harder requirement to reach, otherwise people will just skip the other stuff because they don't need the gear in those dungeons to run an encounter that will get them better gear.
  • Options
    maverickredmaverickred Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    Gear score is a flawed metric. Should that cw break up the vizer set for 400 more GS? Do you want people rushing to all 8 enchants or that greater or perfect vorpal which adds how much GS? Its a busted system.

We beat it too with 2 min left and the black dragons health bar at zero just stayed up through the cleric respawn into defeat. I wonder if I was in your fight or if this is super common.

Been a terrible mess of lag, insulting players typing more than fighting, and bugged wins into loses. If you running business class internet, playing 40 hours a week like NW is a job so you can hit an "acceptable" GS, or if you win, you still may lose....

Summary - huge waste of time right now. I suppose waiting for bug fixes and that dos bump from the offhand might be the only way to stay sane.

I agree with you, people are talking, raging, and insulting others more than fighting. Does anyone understand why under 13k+ GS players even attempt Tiamat? To show off? To try to get the best gear as quickly as possibly because some people like to loot & boot in dungeons? Because they can't afford the T1 Gear in the auction house? Who knows it's all a matter of personal situation, for me I'm sort of a new player (been playing for 4 weeks now) and I'm still trying to get a handle on things in-game. I have a GS of 10k+ on my Lv 60 Hunter Ranger but I tried Tiamat once to see how it is for myself and I did watch youtube vids on what strategy to use and I did listen to the players that were actually being helpful and give the proper instructions and not insulting players that had under 13k+ GS. Honestly I'd stay far away from Tiamat until the bugs are fixed and people have beaten it on the Xbox One to give a proper strategy on their own time.
  • Options
    bmeanbmean Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    After 7 tries I finally won. Got my artifact off hand! One before that we lost but I did recieve a bag of holding (15). Not bad so far.now after my cloak.
  • Options
    jwawesome44jwawesome44 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    I am enjoying the raid but would prefer if we could queue up with our premade parties
    1.jpg
  • Options
    legendraystr3legendraystr3 Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    I've done about ten runs and failed everytime. I've finished #1 once. Top 5 several times. My GS is 17k. The closest I've gotten was 4 heads down and the last one a fraction left and I'm trying my best to take it down but time up..... I had two games where lag effected the match. I couldn't hit the dragon. I've had games where we could only take down 1 head.... then I lose motivation. I don't know if they will change anything or what to change but I feel there needs to be something. Raising GS isn't a bad idea. Seeing the difference from barely taking down 1 head to the next game where we easily take down 2 and took the 3rd one down a little.... and doing the same strategy, I have to think it's the players that is the issue. Then again I wonder if they copied the same stats from the PC Tiamat. Because the PC does have more boons since we don't have the first few mods during the time of Tiamat. Maybe I'll have better luck. Maybe I'm just having the worst luck. But I enjoyed Tiamat in the beginning now I don't even want to bother.
  • Options
    drbouncedrbounce Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Done 5 today, success in the last one. Very organised group made the difference. Got orb, offhand arti, and templar arms. Happy days.
  • Options
    vagu2vagu2 Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    I hope they'll raise the required GS. Have seen a dude with 9.8k running around and we failed that run by a sliver of health.. so, yeah..
  • Options
    bluedoodbluedood Member Posts: 146 Arc User
    Did runs all day yesterday, 4 loss, 9 wins. Today at 3 and 3. I honestly don't look at peoples gs at all. What myself and other players I know do is try and have a few chat items ready to spam in the say channel giving instructions. Yes, people can research on the internet, or those of us who play can try and lead and assist somehow.

About five minutes prior in party chat we all put up these two items...
    Group up for team buffs. Pick a color and get that gem to equip. Black and white defend clerics on side, all others to the center cleric. Keep enemies away from clerics, use knockback.

Get heads to 25%, do not kill. Go black to white. Kill heads after third wave.

As a community if we have more people trying to coordinate, there will be more completed runs.
  • Options
    spyd3r85spyd3r85 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    I have run it on both my CW (15.3k) and HR (16.5k) probably about 12-15 times now with 7-8 wins. From that little bit of experience so far I would say 90% of the failures are due to lack of dps and while GS does not always = more dmg and there are a lot of things that don't show up on GS you should also consider if every1 was geared just like you are could Tiamat be won? Personally if the first head doesn't hit 20% prior to the first timer hitting 1 minute I am out. I really don't meen to sound like some kind of elitest azzhat but its just a matter of "can it be done with what we have?".

All that being said I know there is a huge difference between a 12k GS with an Ioun stone and one with out, with a normal or greater weapon enhancement and one with none, or even just one using the right feats / powers and one that put points where ever he thought might be fun and now is bottom dps in every dungeon but insists he is a big help lol.

Oh and unless something changed and I missed it (definitely possible so feel free to correct me) all those CWs giving up 4pc high viz to get the extra 450 stats are doing it wrong. from what I read high viz is BiS till like mod 7 due some nuance in the way mobs defense and the calculations used to calc their dmg reduction due to it.
  • Options
    zenghenzenghen Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    Did 4 runs: First run was perfect and we had time to spare. Second run was chaotic and they got it down to last 2 heads, but people started leaving at halfway point. Third one was laggy and they couldn't even get the first head down to 20%. Fourth was just horrible. lagged the entire run, rubber banding and stuck in either the respawn room or the death message screen.

Hopefully they fix this lag issue, because it's seriously turning me off the game. Even simple things like logging in, I'll get the buzzing lag and boot to dash. Trying to invoke causes lag pockets. Attempting to play? not a chance. I'll crash to dash just walking across WoD. And now this experience with Tiamat where it was just one 25 minute lagfest.
  • Options
    soonergmsoonergm Member Posts: 503 Arc User
    The last couple of runs seemed like most people now have an idea of what to do bit the DPS was just under for both runs. I get the GS complaint but honestly I think most of these people need to rework thier build.

I'm an HR trapper and have been topping DPS charts over 14k+ players since I was 10k GS. That tells me that a lot of these people complaining are really the problem.. they think they are good because of that GS. And it's unlikely that it's anyone on these forums because if you are here then chances are you've researched how spec your toon.

I'm at 13700 GS now + Ioun Stone and at this point when I increase my stats it really doesn't improve much in battle. I'm pretty sure my biggest improvement at this point will come from a high end weapon enchantment.
    My Toons

SoonerGM - HR Trapper
    Haven - Righteous Cleric
    Ethereal Justice - OP Paladin
  • Options
    agentmaryland93agentmaryland93 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    I love how so many are going "oh, they should raise the GS requirement to ##k!". I have said this so many times it's not even funny anymore. GS. DOESN'T. MEAN. ANYTHING. GS is literally just the rank of your armor/weapon. It doesn't rate how tough you are, how much DPS you can do, how much DPS you can take. It's literal only function is to let you know "hey, your armor/weapon is worth more now! :D" I mean, jeez you put on an Epic and yes, it goes up, because it's rarer and therefore is worth more, but oh look at that, you put on ANOTHER piece of gear (even if it's another Epic) that does better, but your GS GOES DOWN. (I have actually had this happen to me) More than likely, despite being better for your character, it's not as rare or worth as much as the gear you had on.

It's not the gear either. GS also doesn't matter if the person controlling the character isn't very good at the game. You don't have to be good at the game to get a high GS (because I'll bet there were a lot of people who shoved money at PW, Cryptic, and MS to buy Zen, convert it to Astral Diamonds, then went and bought the best armor they could find, a bunch of enchantments, Marks, Coalescent Wards, and goodness knows what else.)

When you can buy yourself to the top, why should GS matter when pretty much ANYONE can get it if they put out the money for it? (I still don't understand why anyone would put money into a free to play game. Lord knows I didn't but I'm doing alright for myself.)

What I think they should do is treat Tiamat like a dungeon, no time limit, maybe a queuing system if possible, and something to regulate how many people choose which gem (we had a bunch of people just choose black and that was the only head everyone went after once Tiamat rose). Just you, and goodness knows how many others who have gone in with you fighting Tiamat.

I honestly think twenty minutes is a bit of a crunch for having to beat the most evil creature in the Nine Hells. I mean, when you have to beat all five heads to kill it, twenty minutes is kinda pushing it in my opinion.
  • Options
    spyd3r85spyd3r85 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    I love how so many are going "oh, they should raise the GS requirement to ##k!". I have said this so many times it's not even funny anymore. GS. DOESN'T. MEAN. ANYTHING. GS is literally just the rank of your armor/weapon. It doesn't rate how tough you are, how much DPS you can do, how much DPS you can take. It's literal only function is to let you know "hey, your armor/weapon is worth more now! :D" I mean, jeez you put on an Epic and yes, it goes up, because it's rarer and therefore is worth more, but oh look at that, you put on ANOTHER piece of gear (even if it's another Epic) that does better, but your GS GOES DOWN. (I have actually had this happen to me) More than likely, despite being better for your character, it's not as rare or worth as much as the gear you had on.

It's not the gear either. GS also doesn't matter if the person controlling the character isn't very good at the game. You don't have to be good at the game to get a high GS (because I'll bet there were a lot of people who shoved money at PW, Cryptic, and MS to buy Zen, convert it to Astral Diamonds, then went and bought the best armor they could find, a bunch of enchantments, Marks, Coalescent Wards, and goodness knows what else.)

When you can buy yourself to the top, why should GS matter when pretty much ANYONE can get it if they put out the money for it? (I still don't understand why anyone would put money into a free to play game. Lord knows I didn't but I'm doing alright for myself.)

What I think they should do is treat Tiamat like a dungeon, no time limit, maybe a queuing system if possible, and something to regulate how many people choose which gem (we had a bunch of people just choose black and that was the only head everyone went after once Tiamat rose). Just you, and goodness knows how many others who have gone in with you fighting Tiamat.

I honestly think twenty minutes is a bit of a crunch for having to beat the most evil creature in the Nine Hells. I mean, when you have to beat all five heads to kill it, twenty minutes is kinda pushing it in my opinion.

I don't think anyone is saying that GS is the ONLY thing that matters....but it does matter. First your GS is a function of the STATS on your armor, not just the rarity. you can get a ring from the Pegasus vendor with 478 crit on it and that will raise your GS 478 points last I checked which is more than any T1 epic ring which have 399 stat points allocated to them iirc.

Now as far is ability being the only factor that matters (not saying you are saying this, but disregarding gear...what else is there?) if your stats / build is such that even optimally played you cant put up your share of the dmg then no amount of skill is gonna make up for that shortcoming. similarly no amount of gear is gonna make up for charging a dragon head solo and dying to it repeatedly. You need all of it; skill, gear, and proper spec.

EDIT: just wanted to add that I really don't think the 14-16k minimum that some are asking for is really necessary but given that all tiamat groups are PuGs and so generally highly unorganized (largely due to not every1 having a keyboard hooked to their xbox) higher than truly necessary GSs help a lot....most of my successes were largely due to heads getting slammed from 100 to 20% in about 20-30 secs.
  • Options
    rigamungrigamung Member Posts: 3 Arc User

you are wrong...no need GS?
    i have a question...epic lair of lostmouth, epic shore need 13k GS. normal is 10.5k.

why? why? because of powerful mobs, boss.

almost over 13k gs players have understood game system. high dps, class
    10k users? no...if they understood game system, will buy t2 item in AH.
    10k is very low GS.

epic lostmouth require GS 13K, time= infinty time.
    tiamat require GS 10k, time= 20minute.

which is difficult for lostmouth, tiamat?

no need GS? okay...everyone take off your epic weapon,armor..equip green,blue item.
    make 10k...kill the tiamat

• Options
    zacoria1405zacoria1405 Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    I think one of the main problems with it is that there always seems to be 4-5 people just standing by the campfire or spinning in those stupid thrones for each attempt. Puts too much pressure on the people actually trying to beat Tiamat and makes defeat pretty much inevitable.
  • Options
    drexcidrexci Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    The lag is killing the dps on dragons. You can see everybody freezing and the dragon stops taking damage.

• Options
    bluedoodbluedood Member Posts: 146 Arc User
    We who read the forums need to be more proactive on leading and teaching the player base the basics, even with these PuGs...If we get into the habit of at least spamming basic instructions to people it will increase odds for a win. Pre load a few things to say in the say tab and try to be helpful.

The worst runs I have had so far were where nobody said anything and we all assumed everyone was on board with the standard tactic. If you are lucky enough to have people in game chat who are talking and the game chat is working properly, it is easy to make adjustments on the fly.

The best were ones where somebody tried to coordinate the run. Where people added helpful things to coordination(i.e. remember to potion up, don't fight on the clerics). A few of those runs failed, but more than half made it and worked extremely well. Expect some to be on the wire and the wins will be a sweeter victory.

I will admit it makes me mad when I see people sitting at the campfire or just yelling help far away from the group when it would be faster to just release and kit. The best way I know to affect that is to give clear instructions at the start and offer help to group in voice chat for newcomers. People who just yell out negative things in chat without looking to themselves on what they can do to bring change are adding to the problem imho.

-Snap
  • Options
    b0redgamerb0redgamer Member Posts: 254 Arc User
    rigamung wrote: »

you are wrong...no need GS?
    i have a question...epic lair of lostmouth, epic shore need 13k GS. normal is 10.5k.

why? why? because of powerful mobs, boss.

almost over 13k gs players have understood game system. high dps, class
    10k users? no...if they understood game system, will buy t2 item in AH.
    10k is very low GS.

epic lostmouth require GS 13K, time= infinty time.
    tiamat require GS 10k, time= 20minute.

which is difficult for lostmouth, tiamat?

no need GS? okay...everyone take off your epic weapon,armor..equip green,blue item.
    make 10k...kill the tiamat

Okay, look. GS means nothing. This is so tiring having to explain over and over again. On the PC GS is gone and for good reason. It is not an accurate representation of the efficiency of your character. If you pad your GS with equipment that does not make you more effective then what is the point? I have witnessed people with 16 - 20k GS get out done by people with 12 - 13k GS. Lastly, having over 13k GS does not in any way mean that person understands the game mechanics.
    Signature under construction, stay tuned.
    GT: b0red gamer