test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Why are rogues so violently overpowered in PvP?

123457»

Comments

• fullmetalbkmfullmetalbkm Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    I have yet to meet a GF that i can't destroy. HR's are a little more difficult because of the trapping but they're not too bad either. DC's though I have a heck of a time with. I can't get to the suckers and by the time I do they have healed anyways.
  • azuosed89azuosed89 Member Posts: 565 Arc User
    If they do nerf rogues though then they may wanna nerf the clerics slightly too because then they'll be the op class as a result. They are freakish hard to kill.
    DCs are easied blocked by shocking execution/roots/dazing. but I do agree that gift of faith is too strong and should need a rework for sure. iti s kind stupid it has no cooldown and can heal another player across the map for over 200k heals. really broken for sure. lol.

Gannicus GWF PvP
    DENIAL
  • fullmetalbkmfullmetalbkm Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    I guess I should add though that as a rogue I usually go after the squishies so that's prob why I haven't met a GF I couldn't beat lol. I usually just avoid them.
  • disturbedrambodisturbedrambo Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    i agree with ya, i do the same w/ squishies. Some days i get nothing but premades that have well geared gfs but also they never go anywhere alone. lol
  • hellfireexodushellfireexodus Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    If they do nerf rogues though then they may wanna nerf the clerics slightly too because then they'll be the op class as a result. They are freakish hard to kill.

Clerics are not that hard if you have a decent team and everyone focuses. Just make sure to have a knock back handy to push them out of Astral Shield.
    Critical -LVL 60 CW-
    Relentless -LVL 60 GWF-
    <DENIAL>
  • nickinightnickinight Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Basically. Everyone Some people just want TR's to be nerfed so they can beat them. But then the same old saying will keep going "Nerf the (Whatever class)."

Don't get me wrong, TR's are super powerful and horrible to go up against. And I'm all for the balancing of the classes. The reason I made a TR in the first place was because I was sick and tired of getting my rear end handed to me.

I run the Master Infiltrator, Executioner paragon path, so far I only have half grim, half profound and I can still be killed by any other good class. I've seen Clerics that stand on plates and no matter how much I hit them, I'm never going to kill them. GWF can stun me and despite me using Impossible to Catch I can still be stunned after those seconds are up. Same with HR's and CW's easily killing me with their stuns.

The whole stealth has changed since the last update and if I'm invisible, you can catch glimpses of my character. I can be rooted while invisible and hit, and of course, killed. I followed an opposing TR once back to my home flag, he went invisible and stood on the plate. I got a quick glimpse of him and managed to stun him momentarily with Dazing Strike before allowing any brutal retaliation.
    Post edited by nickinight on
    Lvl 70 HR Mistress Fleur | Lvl 70 TR Countess Myra
    1. "Cleric: Protect at all costs.
    2. Rest of Group: Expendable."
    GT= NikkiNight (Looking for new peeps to run ANY dungeons/skirmishes with. GS irrelevant)
  • agent00spliffagent00spliff Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    nickinight wrote: »
    Basically. Everyone just wants TR's to be nerfed so they can beat them.

Please tell me you were being sarcastic with this statement.
    Dolores Haze - CW
    Lykopis - GWF
    Goon Squad

Embrace the cashgrab
  • nickinightnickinight Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    It's the vibe some people I've spoken to give off (I didn't literally mean 'everyone', that was a bad choice of words, my apologies). Like I said, I'm all for the balancing of classes but once they've been nerfed, all the TR's are going to be doing exactly the same thing, "Nerf the CW's/DC's/ etc" because they're not having a chance to get a kill while stunned.

What happens when TR's are nerfed and still getting a good amount of kills?
    What happens when TR's hardly get kills?

We'll be having the same discussion over and over again about nerfing other classes and how powerful those said classes are. It's a constant loop.

Not all characters spec for PvP, so they're bound to get wrecked, including myself.

Also, aren't there still loads of bugs and 'glitches' with CW's, TR's powers and such? Perhaps if they got fixed there would be a balance between classes. Being one-hit is dirty and frustrating, so perhaps they should fix whatever is messed up with class powers before deciding which character is "superior" to others.
    Post edited by nickinight on
    Lvl 70 HR Mistress Fleur | Lvl 70 TR Countess Myra
    1. "Cleric: Protect at all costs.
    2. Rest of Group: Expendable."
    GT= NikkiNight (Looking for new peeps to run ANY dungeons/skirmishes with. GS irrelevant)
    bro I am not asking to nerf trs so i can beat them. i am fine with trs dominating the pvp chain. but dominating by 5 inches or 5 miles is something different. all the broken features of trs were nerfed on PC and they are still strong. We need that for balancewise. I want competition, but i want fairness too. Take out the piercing damage of trs they still do insane and strng damage. it shouldn't be an issue. they always played on top of pvp without armor piercing features or this stupid long dazing. they didnt need this buff at all.
    Gannicus GWF PvP
    DENIAL
  • hanoth2hanoth2 Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Im curious, everyone say's there is an upcoming TR nerf but where is this info coming from as I've read the Mod 6 patch notes and I haven't seen anything that indicates that they get nerfed.
    If anyone can post a link and not just pass on hearsay I'd appreciate it as im curious to see what the changes are :)
    hanoth2 wrote: »
    Im curious, everyone say's there is an upcoming TR nerf but where is this info coming from as I've read the Mod 6 patch notes and I haven't seen anything that indicates that they get nerfed.
    If anyone can post a link and not just pass on hearsay I'd appreciate it as im curious to see what the changes are :)
    the shadow opportunity nerf is recent, if you look at arc page one of the last updates shows it. also there is another nerf on shadow opportunity that hits multi procs only proc it once (eg bloodbath), this has not been up here. the shadow of demise and dazing one were before the end of mod 5 on pc, kinda hard to find the notes now i think.
    Gannicus GWF PvP
    DENIAL