test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Do you think recent adjustments* made module 6 better?

2»

Comments

• Options
    kingarthyrkingarthyr Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    And why should I HAVE to be a trapper to play the game? If I have to be a trapper, why are combat and archery paths still even in the game?

I don't want to play a game where I'm forced into a certain direction. I'm not a drone nor robot. I'm an individual, therefore I want to create a toon based on my own way of things. If my only choice is to play specific paths, using specific set ups, etc then why in hell have the others there?

It's like this, and I'll be as simple and direct as possible:

If I need to fix something, and you offer me the choice of a screwdriver, a saw and a hammer, and the task can only be completed using a hammer, WHY IN GOD'S NAME OFFER ME THE SCREWDRIVER OR SAW?!?!?!?!

How this game is supposed to be, as originally designed:

You come to a fork in the road. Each fork will eventually get you to the same place, though some of the roads will be more difficult, you will still arrive at your destination. On the left, is the fork that leads you down the well traveled, and well patrolled road. By traveling this road you will most likely stay safe and secure. The center path is not as well traveled, nor as well patrolled, so you may not be as safe, and you may find yourself getting scraped up. The right side path is overgrown with weeds and you can barely make out the path. It is unknown what may be down this path, there may be brigands ready to kill you, or you may find hidden treasures, you may even find death.

Which path do you choose?

Well, I like that right hand path, because hell, I'm an adventurer...can't get rich without taking risks, and who knows, maybe I'll find a ruined castle and explore it and find that secret treasure room with the gems the size of extra large eggs, and that shining suit of armor that seems to have it's own light, and the sword that can cut through steel and bone like a hot knife through butter...then again, I may end up finding the vampire king and his court of 30 lesser vampires and end up as #31... But the devs (and players) keep telling me, demanding of me to go down that left fork like everyone else..walking along that path, one beaten down, careworn farmer after another...But that's no fun, and not for me.
  • Options
    silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    There has alwasy been superior paths.. but until this mod, you could play any path and still play. Even if it was subpar.

• Options
    regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,043 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Well, now it's more either the Devs favoured or left intact path way, or you can take one of the other two most of the time bugged/broken paths ways, and see how far you can get, before you lose interest and fun...
    Post edited by regenerde on
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • Options
    peterbilodeaupeterbilodeau Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    Since mod 6 came out, have they listened to any feedback?
    This last patch "addressed difficulty" by just effectively increasing enemy HP by 25%. They put the brakes on ever getting out of Spingrind with enough pith to your toon to do campaigns: they took away XP buffs from praying. They increased overflow XP requirements to 1,785,000 - so you can get 500 RP or 5000 XP.
    That's just the latest patch!
  • Options
    silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    I will agree with that.. they are not listening to the feedback from majority of playerbase. Thats bad. They could give us some things and not others.. but to pretty much PATCH the opposite of stated desires at this point, shows how out of touch the company is.

Its sad in a way.
  • Options
    legion10398legion10398 Member Posts: 79 Arc User
    Yeah I think the XP is the worst. I'm skilled enough that content has never been a major issue, just an annoyance recently, but the XP nerf...it kills. I want to level a GF, I want to level a SW...and I can't motivate myself to. Just too much grinding. The opposite would be quite lovely. If they're going to make this game all about levels 60-70, make it easier to get there, not harder.
  • Options
    bogglemeboggleme Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5 Arc User
    Congratulations you've finally done it. With this latest "adjustment" I'm done. I'm a low DPS, high defense Anointed Champion Virtuous DC. I just spent 2 AP cycles killin A tomb spider and it's spawn. With my 42 AC, 5k+ defense, and 3k+ deflection the thing literally does zero damage to me but I have to take nearly 2min. to kill it so I can open a box for a quest? BORING!! I'd rather mow the lawn, go to work, have dinner with the in-laws, or go to the dentist than sit through anymore of the torture these Devs are coming up with. I'll be invoking and professionals waiting for mod 7 to see if things improve, but honestly from what I'm hearing and seeing, they wont. PVP focus? I hate PVP, most of my guild hates PVP and you want to go in this direction? Pretty sure I'll be quitting entirely if that's true. It's a shame, I've been around since Beta and until mod 5 I loved the game. Mod 5 was awful. 86x's I fought Tiamat and did not win, after that I quit counting. I know it's over 100 now and guess what, still have never beaten her. Which means no Linu's and no boons. Way to screw the pooch that's a lot of hours of my life wasted. Should have given a linu to anyone that actually stuck around long enough to finish it, win or lose. These devs make me sick.
  • Options
    azlanfoxazlanfox Member Posts: 436 Arc User
    Well it seems for some reason they want to make sure we (i.e. non-BiS) have a hard time killing mobs alone. It is forcing us to pair and buy companions. They want to make sure 61-70 is as hard as possible to level so you spend on things to alleviate it, while forcing us to use their elemental zones. They are also forcing us into an artifact/artifact gear spiral... trying to train us to grind and spend for RP to level the stuff, then have it replaced to start over again. A lot of this is based on increasing a time commitment to the game, as well as an underlying taunt to spend to grease the way. It feels like a "conform or get out so we can focus on the new players", after all new players aren't going to have the regrets for times past, but I'm not really sure.

What I want to know is what does this all mean in the end? I don't mean the knee-jerk reaction of "they are trying to kill it", because good money and wise, logical thought says that would be stupid. It certainly isn't the 'we appreciate the long term players and alpha/beta vets', no the admin/devs actually seem to hate us for the most part. So where is this all going?
    The fox said, "lock and load"

glassdoor.com - Cryptic Studios Review
  • Options
    hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,462 Arc User
    azlanfox wrote: »
    Well it seems for some reason they want to make sure we (i.e. non-BiS) have a hard time killing mobs alone. It is forcing us to pair and buy companions. They want to make sure 61-70 is as hard as possible to level so you spend on things to alleviate it, while forcing us to use their elemental zones. They are also forcing us into an artifact/artifact gear spiral... trying to train us to grind and spend for RP to level the stuff, then have it replaced to start over again. A lot of this is based on increasing a time commitment to the game, as well as an underlying taunt to spend to grease the way. It feels like a "conform or get out so we can focus on the new players", after all new players aren't going to have the regrets for times past, but I'm not really sure.

What I want to know is what does this all mean in the end? I don't mean the knee-jerk reaction of "they are trying to kill it", because good money and wise, logical thought says that would be stupid. It certainly isn't the 'we appreciate the long term players and alpha/beta vets', no the admin/devs actually seem to hate us for the most part. So where is this all going?

Personally I think it's a matter of hubris. Mod 6 strikes me as someone's "grand redesign" baby, and now he/she/they can't admit to being wrong. Sometimes in my less lucid moments (such as when I'm struggling with my SW alt) I think that someone there *wants* to be sadistic, but really I think it's mainly a matter of "pride goeth before the fall".
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • Options
    azlanfoxazlanfox Member Posts: 436 Arc User
    hustin1 wrote: »

Personally I think it's a matter of hubris. Mod 6 strikes me as someone's "grand redesign" baby, and now he/she/they can't admit to being wrong. Sometimes in my less lucid moments (such as when I'm struggling with my SW alt) I think that someone there *wants* to be sadistic, but really I think it's mainly a matter of "pride goeth before the fall".

Maybe partially, but that isn't at the root of it or the long term. Before the 'restructure' I'd be inclined to take that at face value for the most part, but that shake up should have sent the message that direction like that will lead to the unemployment line.
    The fox said, "lock and load"

glassdoor.com - Cryptic Studios Review
  • Options
    regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,043 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Looks like the new way is:
    Lets patch/update something complete random, that does not help the regular players in most cases, but here is another coupon.
    Now go on and buy some nice things from the ZEN shop.

The patch/update notes should be filled with fixes all across the board, every week before they come out with module 7 and even more bugs/exploits...
    Post edited by regenerde on
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • Options
    demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    I have over leveled more than 8 times and just got 1 skill point....
    97/124
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • Options
    jumpingmorksjumpingmorks Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 876 Arc User
    I think the difficulty is nice how it is now, no longer getting one shotted on my gwf and gf and gives healer plenty of time to heal my toons between taking a beating. I was worried at first but the changes worked out better than I thought they would.