test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Do you think recent adjustments* made module 6 better?

quspivquspiv Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,087 Arc User
edited June 2015 in Player Feedback (PC)
*(+50% HP to mobs, and 3-4x? times higher XP requirement for lvl up)

Do you think recent adjustments* made module 6 better? 133 votes

Yes
10% 14 votes
No
51% 68 votes
I want the number to their drug dealer
38% 51 votes

Comments

• Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    Damage is still too high in dungeons.
    Dungeons are too few.
    The main problem of 0 sellable drops still stands.
    They are definitely addressing stuffs, not the core problems tho
  • Options
    skitzopyroskitzopyro Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    Essentially they just made the grind 5-6x worse than it was. More than 6x if you were a SS CW.
    50% hp increase to enemies, 4x increase to required exp. Keep it up and this game will be like EQ and FFXI where you need a 5man group to kill one enemy and Raids to clear dungeons.

Nobody likes vigilance quests you can't pigeon hole players into doing them!
  • Options
    burkaancburkaanc Member Posts: 2,186 Arc User
    what a great change, from mobs doing 0 dmg and going down within a reasonable time, now we get mobs that do 0 dmg and take much longer to kill

in dungeons its about the same since you arent really killed by mobs as much as bugs
    Paladin Master Race
  • Options
    The biggest problem is that the introductory tier 1 content is just as hard as T2 content. There's really no introductory you are thrown to the wolves right off the bat. I weep every time I join a group in T1 content and they are all barely 1600 with no weapon or armor enchants its just a slog through the dungeon as the tank gets creamed the other dps don't pull enough weight and the healer takes up space. All to obtain armor that puts them at a "decent"(I use this generously) ability to perform T1 but not even remotely ready for T2.
    Armor ilvl means nothing the game is based on enchants, if you don't have Rank 10 or higher, the dungeons go at a hardly enjoyable pace.
  • Options
    iamtylerhakesiamtylerhakes Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    I guess the best part of Mod 6 is that it brought more life into the forums. It seemed like a ghost town before.

:D

I've spent way more time on the forums lately than playing the actual game.

• Options
    biibiisaibiibiisai Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 133 Arc User
    These changes are brutal on non-dps classes. I have a BIS DC and she is spending a whole rotation to kill the weakest mob in WoD. For mobs that have three sections of hp, she's using at least 3 full best damage rotations even with daily up. I am sure other dps focused DCs can do better, but dailies in WoD have really become a grind.
  • Options
    hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,462 Arc User
    biibiisai wrote: »
    These changes are brutal on non-dps classes. I have a BIS DC and she is spending a whole rotation to kill the weakest mob in WoD. For mobs that have three sections of hp, she's using at least 3 full best damage rotations even with daily up. I am sure other dps focused DCs can do better, but dailies in WoD have really become a grind.

They're brutal period. It's flat-out impossible for my Damnation SW to kill two powries before losing all of her AP.

I've come to the only conclusion I can: no one at Cryptic actually plays this game.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • Options
    dfncedfnce Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 509 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I did a try to my longshot trapper HR, which is still leveling to 70.Killing things takes longer time. He is decently geared and even has first boons from campaigns, done before mod 6. Not exactly best experience. My fresh OP blasted through 61-70, i didn't have issues with 18k gs GF/DC (leveled as DPS Conq/Righteous), Sabouter TR also was fun. But HR?
    EX-DL-BtS / ITF-KC-KB / BF-HD-IBS / FtF-IT-ST-Dis / CA-GW-PG
    "When no appropriate rule applies, make one up."
    — (The unwritten rule)

• Options
    holeypaladinholeypaladin Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    The game was already brutal enough for non-DPS classes.

Now it's practically unplayable if you're not a DPS class.

Tanks and healers never did anywhere near enough damage before... seriously they should be doing about 2/3 the damage of a DPS class rather than 1/5.... so all it did was penalize the tanks and healers even harder.
  • Options
    valikor69valikor69 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    it's a small step forward. more needed. if by the end of july the game is not sufficiently fixed, i'll detach myself from it while in holidays...
  • Options
    picar66picar66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Instead of one-shot you will be two or three-shotted now. what an improvement.
    If dev looking for fair game play, then give us the same Potions as the mobs , heal for over 200K and look into the damage calculations, high defence players get more damage than mob is dealing.
    And solve the pure and trans bugs buffing enemies or damage allies.

Seems that some numbers are negative and when formular will be
    Mobdamage - (defence reduce) = damage you get
    it looks good.

But it looks only good, when defence reduce is NEGATIV then damage you get is higher!
    Do some ABS () in formular.

Mobdamage - ABS(defence reduce) = damage you get

from today run:
    TIME ATTACKER ATTACKTYPE DAMAGETYPE VICTIM DAMAGE CRITICAL SPECIAL FLANK BASEDAMAGE EFFECTIVENESS

22:30:25 Deathlock Wight [5360] Gravebolt Physical Ansgar 127500.0 False None False 71594.5 178.1%
    What is wrong here. get more damage than mob is doing?
    And that is only one example of ranged damage. All ranged damage from Mobs are so ****.
    Post edited by picar66 on
  • Options
    karakla1karakla1 Member Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    I like the adjustments to invokation but to nerf the XP in the boring content from 60 to 70 was a dumb decision in my opinion.
    The recently changes to the difficulty seemed strange but now looks in some way reasonable.
    plat.png
    Platypus wielding a giant hammer, your argument is invalild!
  • Options
    aratecharatech Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 269 Arc User
    Has any one filled up the overflow xp yet? Are the rewards better than they were before or not?

I managed it during the weekend. Got 10 companion XP and 5 toon XP books.

Set to the old numbers, by the by.

• Options
    zukn75zukn75 Member Posts: 364 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I did, I got... exp tomes and companion exp tomes.
    You can imagine my joy.
  • Options
    strous1strous1 Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    It has changed one thing, just made the fights last longer. Changed noththing for the previous nurfs made to the toons equipment. Its FUBAR.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

PnP Red Box DM & Player (74 - ?). NWN + SoU + HotU (4-03),
    NWN Diamond Edition, Neverwinter Nights Complete (NWN + NWN2).
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,289 Arc User
    Finally, I can solo Drake Pen again since mod 5. So, I guess it is either it is better or I am better.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    khimera906khimera906 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 898 Arc User
    The actual M6 content is a failure they will never fix without rebuildingM6 from zero.
    The changes to the game play and the fact that they've added some decent ways to obtain RP without DH and FB enchantments are a plus, but sadly not enough.
    I stopped playing not too long after M6 was released, and reinstalled the game for the 2 years anniversary event and took advantage of the 2xRP event after. I uninstalled the game again yesterday. What I've discovered is that content is more manageable than when I stopped playing, but still a pain in the back side. Not every encounter needs to be a chore. We're encounters to easy before M6? Yeah, sure, but they've over done it tenfold now. I'm the freaking hero of Neverwinter, and I have problems with a bunch of Servitors...
    Anyways my main problem was with the ungodly amount of RP were expected to grind or buy, and even though it's gotten a bit better, it looks like it's not going anywhere soon.
    I hate dancing with Lady Luck. She always steps on my toes.
  • Options
    If you look at everything that has been done in mod 6 it has been nothing but make the game harder and harder and harder. First Mod6 came out overtuned from 60-70. Enemy damage and HP was through the roof and death was unavoidable. Next you fixed the broken mechanics that made the game a cake walk(HR and DC) then nerfed a few classes damage Paladin and CW. Then you made enemy damage slightly lower(one shots less likely but still happen), followed by the XP change(XP req from 60-70+ is now 4x its original). You say there was compensation to make the leveling process easier but its not its now 7x harder than when mod 6 dropped.

All the player base asked for was easier content and you felt the need to drop stealth nerfs instead.
    There has been no gradual changes in this game like it should have been.

Then there's the insane RP requirement and total lack of obtaining it. Its almost impossible to gear out more than one toon, maybe 2 if you are really good at making AD. If you are going to make celestial bags give character bound RP at least let it be green or rare quality with a chance at Epic. Filling my inventory with grey enhancement items is pitiful.

That being said I don't mind the overall challenge of the game if it was a challenge but its not its a slugfest. Enemies still have 1 shot attacks(not red or wind-up).
  • Options
    regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,043 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    No.

Life Steal, while i could understand making it a reasonable chance for most of the classes, the changes to it practically destroyed SW as a "backup" healer, leaving "us" with broken class paths.

25% less damage from some enemies, but also giving them 50% more hitpoints was just another fail decision.

Same goes for the XP adjustments and messing with the invoking system, this was not necesarry, but here we are... a suggestion for those refinement bags, character level 10-30 white/green stones, 30-60 green/blue stones, and 60-70 should find some blue/purple loot in them.

I think i only saw one Dev post in another thread about how the players should play now in module 6... sadly, the Lead Dev missed the point of broken class abilities ingame, which makes it impossible for some classes to "disrupt" enemies properly.

A load of broken or overpowered items are still ingame, and we here little to nothing about any fixes that might be in patches down the road.
    There should be a list with bugs/problems in the class forums, and those threads should be updated weekly, and we should see some overall "roadmap" in the general forums as well.
    Last but not least, a thread in the feedback forums, where player feedback is gathered and also updated on a weekly basis.
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • Options
    hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,462 Arc User
    regenerde wrote: »
    I think i only saw one Dev post in another thread about how the players should play now in module 6... sadly, the Lead Dev missed the point of broken class abilities ingame, which makes it impossible for some classes to "disrupt" enemies properly.

I know. What a joke. "Use your control powers." My main is an archer HR. WHAT CONTROL POWERS?
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • Options
    HR Control power is Roots that's about it if you use "Crushing Roots" as a class feature you get a bit more control.
  • Options
    silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    They were smoking something..

Extra experience change was horrible.. terrible decision, EXACTLY opposite from all feedback given in fact.

Increase of HP.. meh for the most part, it was already crappy for non dps types anyways.. I use my DC for pvp and dds, all my farming for skirms and stuff are done with my gwf /cw now. Its just now more crappier, where I would use my GF/DC through something in the past, now I just dont.

Apologies, but I found the game difficulty not really changed at all.. If you could do stuff before, you could do it now, if you couldnt before, its not ANY easier in all truth. Its either the same or a bit harder.

I wish they didn't do anything this last week, not doing anything would've made the game better overall.

• Options
    silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    skitzopyro wrote: »
    HR Control power is Roots that's about it if you use "Crushing Roots" as a class feature you get a bit more control.

I think they were driving at.. if your not really a trapper, crushing roots isnt going to be enough control. Frankly playing a trapper is sorta fun, I liked it, but its also a long mess, and now with more hp, just takes longer then ever.

Its one of the many classes that dont seem to fit in right, little less control and more damage is a better ratio, heck even a CW cant really control like a trapper can, but they of course do way more damage on par with same gear ratios.. they need to change it a little more.