test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Neverwinter Scheduled Maintenance Tomorrow 7/1 at 6AM PDT

strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
edited July 2015 in General Discussion (PC)
Update: Maintenance is complete!

We'll have maintenance tomorrow 7/1 at 6AM PDT for roughly 3 hours. Patch notes can be viewed here:

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/9433433

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

Post edited by strumslinger on

Comments

• sorce#8115 sorce Member Posts: 1,009 Arc User
    Wait - we are having it on Wednesday now???
  • instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User
    What's the deal with the "collision" on the door in LoL?
    header.png
    "...I grab my wiener and charge!" - ironzerg79
  • rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    Probably on Wednesday because of the holiday in the USA on Saturday. So they can get a 3 day weekend, or something of the such.
  • d4rthd00fusd4rthd00fus Member Posts: 453 Arc User
    So much good stuff I can understand why they couldn't wait until Thursday to gift it to us :p
  • poisoncloudpoisoncloud Member Posts: 489 Arc User
    Now thats a huge lack of fixes...
  • twilightwatchmantwilightwatchman Member Posts: 2,007 Arc User
    Now thats a huge lack of fixes...
    Honestly I'm just glad they didn't make the game worse like the last patch. That's pretty much the best we can expect now.
    Jenna Sunsoul - Justice Tankadin
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Karrin Feywinter - Mistress of Flame
    Errin Duskwalker - Executioner
    Darquess - Soulbinder
  • therealprotextherealprotex Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 526 Arc User
    Honestly I'm just glad they didn't make the game worse like the last patch.

Not sure what you mean with that. If you refer to the -25% damage, +50% HP patch for mobs, yeah, it was soooo terrible that I can now solo WoD quests again (except dungeons)... really, really bad patch...
  • qexoticqexotic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 841 Arc User

Not sure what you mean with that. If you refer to the -25% damage, +50% HP patch for mobs, yeah, it was soooo terrible that I can now solo WoD quests again (except dungeons)... really, really bad patch...
    I imagine the reference is to the increased XP requirements for leveling and gaining overflow bonuses which have made the game much less rewarding for Level 70 players and no longer worth playing for anyone trying to level up from 60 to 70 as the exponential curve of XP requirement is way over the top and now resembles the slope for RP requirements to get artifacts from epic to legendary to mithral, i.e. an impossible dream.

Well I'm really chuffed that the player DPS nerf works for you but many players are not in the same position. For some of my toons it was an improvement, for others it makes some content I was dealing with before virtually unplayable.

But the real kick to the head was the HUGE XP nerf. I'm not too bothered about the overflow XP nerf (although it was totally unnecessary) but the XP requirements to level from 60 to 70 are beyond ridiculous. Coupled with the 50% mob HP buff making every quest take longer the quadrupling of XP required means it will take non-Twinked toons weeks or possibly months to level to 70 now. I doubt that very many will make it through the ceaseless grind.
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Darquess - Soulbinder
  • fehzzfehzz Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    magenubbie wrote: »

-edit: bonus reply-
    Probably on Wednesday because of the holiday in the USA on Saturday. So they can get a 3 day weekend, or something of the such.
    I fail to see the logic of that. There's a holiday, fine. But it's on SATURDAY, which is the weekend anyway. I don't see that as a valid reason to have maintenance a day early.

Because it's observed on Friday in order to give everyone a day off. Still, you're right about the fundamental point--if that's the reason for the early maintenance, it seems like overkill.

• ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    fehzz wrote: »
    Because it's observed on Friday in order to give everyone a day off. Still, you're right about the fundamental point--if that's the reason for the early maintenance, it seems like overkill.

Not really. Nearly every one in the US is going to take Friday off for the holiday. Patching on Wednesday gives them one day in the office in case something goes horribly wrong, and they can address it on Thursday.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • darkstarcrashdarkstarcrash Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,382 Arc User
    And... maintenance starts 6 minutes early, again.

Reeaaallly annoying.
  • mungsumungsu Member Posts: 136 Arc User

Reeaaallly annoying.

Yup - right in the middle of doing professions on the gateway. Seems like they can't get anything right anymore.
  • blackjackwidowblackjackwidow Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 424 Arc User

Reeaaallly annoying.

Yeah, it really is annoying.
  • kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    Look on the bright side, no maintenance tomorrow! And, if that collision thing in Lostmauth is what I think it is - the game is less one dungeon exploit. To me, that's a good thing. Besides, I'm in the office today so it's a good day for the game to be down. They did it for ME. ME!
  • sorce#8115 sorce Member Posts: 1,009 Arc User
    MT didn't start early - they have always killed of gateway and login about 5-10 mins before the whole server comes down. You can't swap toons in the last 10 mins as you can't get back in.
  • blackjackwidowblackjackwidow Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 424 Arc User
    MT didn't start early - they have always killed of gateway and login about 5-10 mins before the whole server comes down. You can't swap toons in the last 10 mins as you can't get back in.

Not exactly "always" - can't remember when it started exactly, but it was a few months back. I know they do it now, but it is annoying not being able to finish invokes or manage inventory through the gateway. I suppose if you've never experienced it, you wouldn't miss it. :)
  • highlyunstablehighlyunstable Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 343 Arc User
    I have played so many games in the past that made me want to play more, but this is one of the first games that actually makes me want to play less and less. WTfrock were they thinking with the XP Nerf ? Now, instead of making one level per day (like I did on my other toons) now I am lucky to make one level in 2+ days, mainly due to the fact that there is only so much you can do from lvl 60 to 70, and there is only so much time in a day one person can play. They have actually created a game that LIMITS play instead of extending play, who the hell does that in an industry that so competitive amoung other gaming companies? Seriously, are they trying to get EVERYONE to stop playing this game... if so, geeeze, just get it over with, at least get us a quick death instead of this slow and painful death.
  • z24z25zz24z25z Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Holy <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> there is 2636MB to this patch! O=

This patch is going to take awhile!

• z24z25zz24z25z Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    I
    I have played so many games in the past that made me want to play more, but this is one of the first games that actually makes me want to play less and less. WTfrock were they thinking with the XP Nerf ? Now, instead of making one level per day (like I did on my other toons) now I am lucky to make one level in 2+ days, mainly due to the fact that there is only so much you can do from lvl 60 to 70, and there is only so much time in a day one person can play. They have actually created a game that LIMITS play instead of extending play, who the hell does that in an industry that so competitive amoung other gaming companies? Seriously, are they trying to get EVERYONE to stop playing this game... if so, geeeze, just get it over with, at least get us a quick death instead of this slow and painful death.

I leveled up 5 times last night in about 3 hours to what you talking about!?
    z24z25z wrote: »
    I

Between which levels? Because the XP nerf only takes effect at 60 and gets progressively worse until it hits a peak at 720k XP to go from 69 to 70.

For reference, the highest XP quest in Spinward Rise is worth around 14.5k XP.
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Darquess - Soulbinder
  • mynaammynaam Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 937 Arc User
    I went from lvl 0 to lvl 70(including getting lvl 70 artifact main hand weapon) in 12 days, a few weeks ago with my OP so I really don't think there is a problem when leveling in the game as it is.
    There are more than BIS players in this game
    RIP Real Tiamat, RIP Real Demogorgon RIP real Temple of the spider. Why remove non bis content to give to bis players ????
    FORCING the majority of your player base to play 4 mod old dungeons and trial will have a bad result on player base
    Changes are getting so bad i would rather prefer no new changes (RIP ICE FISHING in winter fest)

• highlyunstablehighlyunstable Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 343 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Leveling up 5 times would be absolutely IMPOSSIBLE from lvl 60 to 65 in 3 hours!. My HR turned lvl 61 on Tues. On Weds I did ALL quest from the Harpers, the Seed thing with Minsc, dungeons, PvP, and..AND I had not even started Whispering Caverns to which I DID complete on Weds... AND I am STILL a lvl 61. That was an entire day of gaming with NO LEVELING!! True story.
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited July 2015

You sure you didn't do something wrong lol? I just patched ,it took about 3 seconds and was tiny xD

EhURsma.jpg

mynaam wrote: »
    I went from lvl 0 to lvl 70(including getting lvl 70 artifact main hand weapon) in 12 days, a few weeks ago with my OP so I really don't think there is a problem when leveling in the game as it is.

They messed about with lvl 61+ exp in last week patch , from what I have heard it takes much longer to level up from lvl 61 onward's now.
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • burkaancburkaanc Member Posts: 2,186 Arc User

and now try playing pala or DC, even on my 2.7k ilvl justice pala with pure PF the time it takes to kill stuff is too long

ofc on my gwf i wouldnt even notice the difference

for me it patched some 92megs and it was done in a few sec
    Paladin Master Race
  • jaegernljaegernl Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    I

Between which levels? Because the XP nerf only takes effect at 60 and gets progressively worse until it hits a peak at 720k XP to go from 69 to 70.

For reference, the highest XP quest in Spinward Rise is worth around 14.5k XP.

Which means that, even with the 5000 zen or 50 bucks XP booster, you'd still have to do the quest 24 times. Insane. (Disregarding XP from mob kills)
    Isaac the Adequate - Level 70 Oath of Protection Paladin
    Aurelius the Awkward - Level 70 Pathfinder Ranger
    We have looked into reports of players experiencing connection problems and have been unable to identify any server, data center, or client-side issues. We believe this may be ISP related.
    mynaam wrote: »
    I guess you missed the massive XP nerf in the last patch? The one where they quadrupled the XP needed between 60 and 70? And only doubled the XP from the quests in those zones?
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Darquess - Soulbinder
  • kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    Go you! And yeah, I'm pretty sure that "collision thing" is exactly what you're thinking it is. As a no-exploit guild, my officers and I struggled for two weeks whether or not to call that an exploit or a "use of environment".

While fighting the scorpions, I always wondered what the heck people were doing down at the other end. One run, I followed them... as soon as I saw what they were doing I was like.. meh, exploit. "Using the environment" in such a way that you get somewhere you're not really supposed to be where you can attack but the boss can't attack you is totally an exploit. The inverse is, for example, getting up on the curvy tree things in Idris - that I don't really think of as an exploit -- especially since Idris could teleport to you, and there were archers everywhere. But getting somewhere that makes you effectively immune to attacks but where you can hit the boss without impunity... that's an exploit no question. It was doubly annoying for me since the scorpion fight, when done with legit strategy, actually took far less time then when people used this exploit. Anyway, I'm glad they resolved it, removing exploits makes the game better. Period.
  • wuweilunwuweilun Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    kvet wrote: »
    But getting somewhere that makes you effectively immune to attacks but where you can hit the boss without impunity... that's an exploit no question. It was doubly annoying for me since the scorpion fight, when done with legit strategy, actually took far less time then when people used this exploit. Anyway, I'm glad they resolved it, removing exploits makes the game better. Period.

Absolutely. It doesn't matter what game it is, but taking the challenge away from something like a boss fight takes all the satisfaction out of, y'know, completing dungeon.
    I have a Great Weapon Fighter, Guardian Fighter, Oathbound Paladin, and a Control Wizard on Neverwinter. I've also tried a Devoted Cleric and Trickster Rogue. Let's just say that I can't find the motivation to cap any of them.
  • walk2kwalk2k Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    What's the deal with the "collision" on the door in LoL?

fixed an exploit
This discussion has been closed.