test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Patch Notes: NW.45.20150618a.2

Comments

• uninfinitumuninfinitum Member Posts: 1
    that 50% is going to make every monster way more annoying. Especially the ones that can heal
  • indalordindalord Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 51 Arc User
    1H30 more to wait. Something special coming they said....No 2xRP so far, coming soon too. Weapon will go to legendary....no joking iam...
    Indalord I & II
  • palad1n2palad1n2 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    LOL, launcher says they should be back up by 6pm PST, what a joke. I wouldn't mind so much if they would just say "Hey, we are doing maintenance tomorrow, in all likelihood we will break the game far worse then before we started the maintenance, so there is no time frame, the game will simply be back up when it is back up" I can at least respect that.
  • lividrnbwlividrnbw Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    Well as long as they're going to do something "special" for the wait....whats another almost two hours when it's already been all day anyways. I keep hearing different things, that they're preparing for a release but I think that's regarding to xbox?, that it has to do with the RP event, Etc etc. On twitter it didn't seem they where entirely sure to why the server went down in the first place. But anyones guess. I love NW and I understand that what they're doing is sometimes difficult, but honestly just say that its going to take two days to fix >.< lol
  • xxbigd1xx#7199 xxbigd1xx Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    what says they are going to do something special for the wait!
  • brimbelle88brimbelle88 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    Well, here it goes again. Europeans are disrespected with Cryptics. It's 1.38 and still no game. Why should updates always occur on Europens' afternoons or evenings?! After a whole day of work, people have been waiting eagerly to play, but to no avail...
    We need to download 900+MB data, for what? For an adjustment of hp and damage. Who do you take us for? Have you ever played your game? It seems you haven't, considering the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> you've been doing the past four months.
    Cryptics and co should really take real professionals.
    And we want a European server!!! We're fed up with the continuous lagging and desynchronization between America and Europe (which we experience mostly in PvP)...
  • dawolfmanzdawolfmanz Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 8 Arc User
    xxbigd1xx wrote: »

• ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    dawolfmanz wrote: »
    xxbigd1xx wrote: »

10% of Keys! EVERYONE BACK UP THE TRUCK AND BUY ZEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lolol ill be curious what this "special" is
  • avengingangel36avengingangel36 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 22 Arc User
    hmm we get something special?? I vote Boo companion!! Thanks guys I know your trying even though we can get a little impatient..
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,462 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Nah. Redcap Giantsoul companion. I've been wanting to turn the tables on those dragonsouls since mod 5.

(Not that it matters to me in the very short term -- my power is STILL out after more than two days. Thank God for generators).
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • wlinazwlinaz Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 150 Arc User
    Update 5:45PM PDT: ‪#‎NWPC‬ is back up. Stay tuned for an announcement on the surprises we have in store.

Maybe the surprise is it's going to stay up?
  • reds351reds351 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 343 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    So when is 2x RP?

Edit: looks like we got screwed over and given 2x XP instead
    Edit2: working now
  • denvalddenvald Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 702 Arc User
    This is horrible!!!

I did the invocation animaiton 9 TIMES and it still didn't do anything! it takes me now 5 times as long to do a full invocation run than it did before! The responsiveness time when you log a character then the next to invoke is terrible.

On average I have to do the invocation animation 5 times per character to be able to invoke

I have 53 characters. /wrists
    I am the monk, martial skill transcends the battlefield
    It is my my life style, my doctrine and my state of mind,
    You fight well, but without focus and discipline, you will fall.

More threads by me / Click on it B)
    My Support Warlock/Temptation Thread
  • sorce#8115 sorce Member Posts: 1,009 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Looks like the surprise is double xp on top of the double rp. (Ohh and double Glory)
  • sardethsardeth Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    Well, after trying to do Adepts of Ascension on my lvl 69 Scourge Warlock and getting creamed slower by the mob around Miraj, I got to say that increased health is a great idea, if you hate your players. I mean all you did here was reverse the problem from them pounding the HP out of you quickly, to you trying to kill the boss fast while the mob is pounding your life out just a little slower. Do you even play this game? I mean before patch I took this boss out twice, I was lucky, now I am just trying to take out the littles around the boss that have more health and an insane amount of regen, so it looks like the content lvl 60+ is no longer solo-able, well at least for my class and I will admit I am new to Neverwinter, only been playing for a few weeks, but this, well I will not be buying Zen anytime soon.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"If Stupidity got us into this, why can't it get us out?"
    If you are going to scream "HEAL" at me and then curse at me because the heals are not coming fast enough for you liking, please have the common curiosity to do it in English, so I can laugh as you die. I play a vamp not a priest because I am not a heal bot.
  • makalon2851makalon2851 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    • XP given, current XP and overflow XP has been adjusted at levels 61+ so that it is more rewarding to do at level content.
    At level 70 the overflow XP is 1 785 000 and the XP from quest in Dread Ring,Sharandar and Ice wind dale is 1510,what's more rewarding than doing 1182 daily quests to make it to overflow and getting 5 rank 5 enchantments/runestones(which you can find under every rock in mod 6) or those 10 companion/5 character tomes of XP(worthless <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> as the rank 5's) and not even guaranteed power point. And then it's this:
    o All XP Boosts given by Invocation now SET the bonus to the amount instead of adding it.
    How is all this more rewarding to the people who play this game?
  • thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    The difficulty nerf makes me sad. I was planning on doing a run of ecc with a 2k group and videoing it, but that means much less now that add damage has been nerfed by such a large amount I suppose I will do the run anyhow though, as I have been asked by a few people for a video of it.
  • sirdoctoratesirdoctorate Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    You did WHAT to invocation?

"All XP Boosts given by Invocation now SET the bonus to the amount instead of adding it."

Wow. Just wow.
    Who decided this? Who is responsible for this decision? They should be lynched!
    Hundreds of thousands of bonus XP saved up, and now you do this. It's not like I was invoking every day specifically to bank it or anything.

Whelp. Thanks for the anniversary event, I guess. Seems like a good place to quit.
  • equality00equality00 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    Umm...

"Classes and Balance

Difficulty
    We are adjusting difficulty for all critters that are 6-60+ using some general guidelines:
    All enemies now have roughly 50% more Hit Points.
    All enemies deal roughly 25% less damage.
    Our reasoning behind this is to address the main concern of enemies doing too much damage. With an increase in HP, it balances things to create more of a strategy than simply being killed in one hit.
    Bosses are unaffected.
    XP given, current XP and overflow XP has been adjusted at levels 61+ so that it is more rewarding to do at level content."

I've read several comments saying 70+ wasn't affected but the page I copied from (main page) is 6-60+ . This may have been changed by cryptic to say 6-60+ now, IDK.

I do completely agree that 50% more HP was a bad decision. All the legitimate reason have already been given so I won't repeat them all.

Honestly though, do you even play the 70+ content without a maxed toon? An average player geared one without BIS for everything?
  • aeriniseaerinise Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    Is there anyone, who noticed that the amount of xp which is needed to the next level is 3 times more now? My lvl 67 character has to earn 4 850 500, but my lvl 70 char has to earn only 1 785 00! And it's OK that quests that before gave 3000 xp, now grants 12k but I think it is only because of the double xp event. So basicly, invoking grants more xp than questing, and if the event is over how will I be able to gather that amount of xp? It's ridiculous. With that hp improvment of the mobs, leveling will be totally annoying.
  • twilightwatchmantwilightwatchman Member Posts: 2,007 Arc User
    aerinise wrote: »
    Is there anyone, who noticed that the amount of xp which is needed to the next level is 3 times more now? My lvl 67 character has to earn 4 850 500, but my lvl 70 char has to earn only 1 785 00! And it's OK that quests that before gave 3000 xp, now grants 12k but I think it is only because of the double xp event. So basicly, invoking grants more xp than questing, and if the event is over how will I be able to gather that amount of xp? It's ridiculous. With that hp improvment of the mobs, leveling will be totally annoying.
    You know those shiny new Inscribed Garments that were added to the Zen store with Mod 6 launch? The ones with +20% XP? Now see if you can work out why XP to level has been trippled...
    Jenna Sunsoul - Justice Tankadin
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Karrin Feywinter - Mistress of Flame
    Errin Duskwalker - Executioner
    Darquess - Soulbinder
  • izworizwor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 238 Arc User
    Thank you Devs for nice bonuses on the weekend and new invocation syste, its much better than before.
This discussion has been closed.