test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Once a while I cannot do unstoppable. Is it a known bug?

plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,223 Arc User
edited June 2015 in The Militia Barracks
Once a while, I cannot do unstoppable and the determination bar is full.

Keep on tab'ing but he does not go to unstoppable.

Is it a known bug?

Thanks.
*** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
Post edited by plasticbat on

Comments

• Options
    chinspinnerchinspinner Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I get a few issues where sometimes I have to hammer tab before unstoppable works, and the same with my dodge ability. I have looked closely in case I am inhibited somehow, but I'm not.

It might be a lag spike, it might just be a bug, I don't know...
    My new quest:

WIP
  • Options
    scathiasscathias Member Posts: 1,174 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    This is an issue i have found where sometimes you go unstoppable the first time and get temp HP but you don't any damage before your unstoppable is ready the second time. In those cases it sometimes works to just take enough damage to completely remove your temp HP and then try unstoppable again. a longer term fix is that after a little bit you will be able to use unstoppable without doing anything special, but that takes a bit of waiting. if all else fails you can SF or die and that will reset it
    Guild - The Imaginary Friends
    We are searching for slave labor, will pay with food from our farm!
  • Options
    gluthongluthon Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    It's a bug from the begining of Nwn until now, they never fixed it. I have it constantly.
  • Options
    deusazzadeusazza Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 63 Arc User
    its on and off for me too. my tab key stops working in invoking unstoppable sometimes.
  • Options
    onegaki101onegaki101 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 327 Arc User
    I believe this is a known bug that has not been fixed. What I have found to fix it is by taking damage. Usually 50% of your health, once that happens unstoppable works again. Hard part is trying to make mobs only do around 50% instead of killing you during dungeons trash and bosses. Easiest is LoL where you can just dip yourself in lava.
  • Options
    icyclassicyclass Member Posts: 207 Arc User
    gluthon wrote: »
    It's a bug from the begining of Nwn until now, they never fixed it. I have it constantly.
    Really? I never had this before mod 6, now I get it fairly frequently. Although if Scathias is right about the cause that could have something to do with the changes to how temporary hitpoints work.
  • Options
    suxip01111suxip01111 Member Posts: 217 Arc User
    I had this problem when the game was just released, and I still have it now. Thankfully it only happens occasionally and therefore isn't completely game-breaking.
  • Options
    nazghul22nazghul22 Member Posts: 407 Arc User
    It is a recuurent, never-fixed bug.
    Somehow by quitting the game and shutting down the comp and turning the power on again and coming back ingame, Unstoppable may work.
    But yes, in the meantime your DP has most probably kicked you out and replaced you with someone from another class.
    ToD = ..........
    Tired of Dailies/Tyranny of Dailies/Timers of Doom/Tricked Or Duped/Tremendously Obnoxious Dailies/Try Otherwise, Devs
  • Options
    deathbeezdeathbeez Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 789 Arc User
    There is thread for this in the bugs forum.
    I posted what I've seen. I've not run into this bug, but my GWF is an alt from way back.
    Been doing low lv DD's with him and it works like it always has, for me anways.
  • Options
    blackxxwolf3blackxxwolf3 Member Posts: 1,539 Arc User
    since ive been playing my gwf alt ( a month or 2 now) i have yet to see this bug.
  • Options
    flyingleonflyingleon Member Posts: 451 Arc User
    It happened to me several times in dungeon runs. I am thinking if it related to powers of other classes.

Join the Greycloaks

Ana-GWF SM Destroyer | Farseer-CW MoF Renegade | Leon-GF SM Tactician
    Adrik Battlefate-DC DO Virtuous | Cassi Woodsheart-HR PF Trapper
  • Options
    blackylukeblackyluke Member Posts: 261 Arc User
    There is a bug with Unstoppable that when you have Temporary HP from your last Unstoppable activation you won't be able to use Unstoppable again until you loose your Temporary HP. I did report this on M6 launch.
    Some people claim to not to be able to Unstoppable at all even without Temp HP, but this is <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, if you think thats the case just type "/netgraph 1" in chat and you'll see that magically whenever you cannot activate it you will see a spike in your ping graph. (if you have issues with your connection check out the "bug report" category in the forums there are multiple sticky posts about resolving it, if your too lazy just try switching the server to a proxy in the game launcher)​​
  • Options
    fatgunsfatguns Member Posts: 410 Arc User
    When you see determinacion drain in combat, while you are not in unstopable. Take some dmg and it will go back to normal :3
  • Options
    nazghul22nazghul22 Member Posts: 407 Arc User

Is it a known bug?

Yes.

ToD = ..........
    Tired of Dailies/Tyranny of Dailies/Timers of Doom/Tricked Or Duped/Tremendously Obnoxious Dailies/Try Otherwise, Devs
  • Options
    treesclimbertreesclimber Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,161 Arc User
    I have only experienced that bug on destroyer when I was testing, instigator and sentinel are fine.

• Options
    mobydik1969mobydik1969 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    they Did not fix it,I have the same problem.
    Sometimes unstoppable does not work.
  • Options
    dufistodufisto Member Posts: 537 Arc User
    external temp hp seem to bug it out far more often than the temp hp from a previous unstoppable.
  • Options
    I get used to since I created this post 5 months ago.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    akanaroakanaro Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    I've never had it fail completely but there are time when I need to press TAB a few times to get it to activate. I've always just put it down as lag or maybe some animation updating issue. It doesn't happen often enough to be a pain though.
  • Options
    akanaro said:

I've never had it fail completely but there are time when I need to press TAB a few times to get it to activate. I've always just put it down as lag or maybe some animation updating issue. It doesn't happen often enough to be a pain though.

If you get hurt after the tab failure, you have a good chance to bring that up. My problem usually is (fortunately and unfortunately) when I have good protection by DC or OP, I can be stuck in "stoppable" for a really long time. So long that I sometime I have to intentionally to get hurt to reset it.
  • Options
    xgrandz02xgrandz02 Member Posts: 702 Arc User
    Yea Really annoying,
    sometimes Unstoppable doesn't work even with a Full-Bar,
    I press tab and nothing happens or when a Boss damaged me i can't still use it-
    i take dmg but i cant activate it (use it),
    how do i supposed to survive?.
    <::::::[]==0 GwF 0==[]::::::> ● Still waiting for the promised Improvement ●