test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Can Cryptic Say Why They Destroyed Dragon Hoard Enchants Yet Made IWD HE's Drop 10x

Comments

• lilhamletlilhamlet Member Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    mungsu wrote: »
    Evidently it's Paladins that swing maces. I've just been playing D&D wrong for 35 years because for some reason I thought the Holy Avenger longsword was a sword.

Heh... look for the paladin with a vorpal enchantment, giving her/him a Vorpal Mace. If you're a longtime D&D player and you know the vorpal roll table, you'll know how wrong that is. LOL
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    lilhamlet wrote: »
    Heh... look for the paladin with a vorpal enchantment, giving her/him a Vorpal Mace. If you're a longtime D&D player and you know the vorpal roll table, you'll know how wrong that is. LOL

The vorpal blade went snicker-snack!

(Holy Avenger appears to have become a template than can be applied to any weapon a paladin can use.)
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • zacazuzacazu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,934 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    kurtb88 wrote: »
    at the very least give us some kind of rational explanation for this. I cannot imagine a company wanting to anger and alienate it's paying customers. Therefore, I assume there must be some valid reason which eludes me.

hmmm... this dragon thing was a bad decision (1) and some players (new ones) dont know how to use this item (2) or dont have a interesting in the past.

so to solve both problems "look, here you can farm rp". seens a simple omelet.

over the top, that players will need have some resourses to upgrade that artefacts... so instead to gain in the rp, the company will gain in the upgrade. rp=time in game. upgrade = ad/zen.

just to give a example: if some "rp event" come this week, i have enough rp to up my artefacts, but dont have ad to buy some potency stones and/or enough colasants and the green craps that i dont remember the name.
  • cdnbisoncdnbison Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I'm fine with the change, really. You can still go out and farm for RP, it just moves the farm from "where ever you are" to the HE zerg. And I'm good with that, because I don't think the bots are good enough to figure out where the HEs are and go to them on their own.

They *were* good enough to sit in a foundry and farm RP with a bunch of Hoard enchants.

The final difference - bots get screwed, legit players can go out and get all sorts of RP.
  • linoge63linoge63 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 373 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    You dont see it? Well then its pointless to explain for it should be obvious. HEs are public and require nothing to access but regular character progression. Dragon Hoard enchants are personal, require a specific investment and provide a reward that is only for one's self. By destroying them ( and make no mistake they are destroyed ) Cryptic attacks everyone who is not a HE sheep or a HE botter directly. I, for one, want to do what I want when I play a game. If I have to grind I want to choose when and where to do it. However that choice is completely removed, its gone. Right now the only way to spend your ingame time is by grinding HEs with the herd. Everything else pales in comparison, no other reward is worth it.

So, do you like being a sheep?

You see with very very clear eyes comrad.

Additionally, to reach for the very best gear, you are forced to obtain that through epic dungeons in herd format.
    edited June 2015
    healary wrote: »
    It is you and the like who don't get it. This is a game, not a business to all the players. Whatever money you pay or time you spend in the game is purely voluntary, and only for the entertainment. If you still don't get it, look up what GAME means from a dictionary.

Nope...everything is a game including small and big business. Any game/business that does this for very long to that which the game/business is FOR...feeds their competitor. There will be a new D&D game released soon that allows one to have the entire game as a soloable version. Someone has been listening

If is is truly just a game...and zero business is involved...Then give me what the game has just changed that i require now to enjoy the successful expression of power...for FREE

Oh, and when is it that anything is involuntary to buy?? Its a good thing Toyota doesnt have the same policy whenever recalls are necessary, afterall, its purely transportation and buying it is purely voluntary.
    edited June 2015
    There may be very good reasons for each and every change the game makes that impact both the superficial and deep that for those of us on the outside seem incalculably insane.

That being said, when making any changes whatsoever that will have a deleterious effect on any player, do the math and offer those players the equivilant value in some way that the change negatively impacted them on, and dont make those changes until those calculations and player identies have been performed. Yeah, sure, the game will reduce its income in the short run from reduced rp this and that but its better to lose a little money than lose a lot of players and industry respect and gain a reputation of being a game run without regard.
  • madbovine69madbovine69 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Call me dense, but wouldn't it have been a better "nerf" to DH to just make it so it only gives kill credit if the mob is the same or higher level than you instead of completely changing the enchant... silly me. It would prevent the "botting" of killing mobs that are far under your level and instead force you to farm proper content to make them work.
    Main - Lokara, Tactical Liberated Borg Lieutenant General
  • suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    cdnbison wrote: »
    I'm fine with the change, really. You can still go out and farm for RP, it just moves the farm from "where ever you are" to the HE zerg. And I'm good with that, because I don't think the bots are good enough to figure out where the HEs are and go to them on their own.

They *were* good enough to sit in a foundry and farm RP with a bunch of Hoard enchants.

The final difference - bots get screwed, legit players can go out and get all sorts of RP.

The foundry has long since been fixed to not drop RP on DH procs on portal-spawned mobs anymore...

...at least that what the official party line said. Might've been otherwise, so meh.

The final difference for me is:

Before I could farm RP where I wanted and when I wanted, and at the pace I wanted.

Now I'm forced into a hyperactive, absolutely-no-skill-required zerg corset, where the only skill _some_players use is the one of knocking stuff away so they can get their precious aquamarine, at the cost of slowing things down for everybody else.

...this even has some perfidious sense of justice, because basically they're doing just the same as Cryptic did with the DH stealth nerf. Only bright side I can see is that the have-nots can at least get their artigear upped with the peridots everybody gets.
  • glartyglarty Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    In relation to this -> "Yet Made IWD HE's Drop 10x"

Why didn't other places with HE's get the same unbound RP boosts?

imo, the raw materials for BI profession to upgrade to elemental versions of armour were running low, simple as that.

So add unbound RP to HE rewards in IWD and this fixes the supply of BI raw materials.

There was no benevolent gesture about more RP in and of itself, it was a means to an end.

just a theory tho.
  • feanor70118feanor70118 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,170 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    And since they made it possible to upgrade your gear by doing an endless, soul-sucking circuit of IWD while occasionally being sabotaged by selfish people of low intelligence running in front and <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> up the HEs, there is no longer any reason for the nerf to DHEs (of course, there wasn't really a reason in the first place). It's that simple. Instead of admitting and correcting an obvious mistake they gave us a mindless grindfest to get the 18.4 million RP we need for artifact gear and god alone knows how many millions to upgrade 4 artifacts to mythic. It makes as little sense as any of the decisions they've made since mod 6, so in short we won't get a rational explanation because the honest explanation isn't rational.
  • ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    So, just speculating...but I think the change to DHE was made under the direction of people who aren't setting the new direction for the game.

With that in mind, I wonder if Scott (the new lead) would be willing to take a look at the mechanics of DHE's again.

Maybe you guys can have a longer cooldown or limited attached to the DHE when doing instanced content, but let people go nuts with them in the open world. As I wrote about here, I personally believe giving people more RP is actually BETTER for the economy than keeping the supply tight.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    there is no longer any reason for the nerf to DHEs (of course, there wasn't really a reason in the first place).

Yes there was , some real players were using botting programs to farm 24/7 , the HE's are much harder if not impossible to bot due to the the randomness involved , at least with the HE's if you want a crapton of RP you have to sit at the computer and earn it instead of just putting the thing on autopilot and going to bed/work/whatever.
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
    edited June 2015
    ironzerg79 wrote: »
    Maybe you guys can have a longer cooldown or limited attached to the DHE when doing instanced content, but let people go nuts with them in the open world. As I wrote about here, I personally believe giving people more RP is actually BETTER for the economy than keeping the supply tight.

I don't think all instanced content should be created equal in that case. There's no objective reason why somewhere like Gnarlroot Cave should have a lower drop rate than Sharandar's exterior. Powries is powries.

Neverwinter Census 2017

edited June 2015
    iambecks1 wrote: »
    Yes there was , some real players were using botting programs to farm 24/7

Pff... they still are if you know how to recognize them. It's like they didn't get the memo.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Pff... they still are if you know how to recognize them. It's like they didn't get the memo.

not sure "real players" and "botting programs" should be used in the same sentence, unless it's something like "Real players don't use botting programs"
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Ive seen the bots do the hes.. but they are just at most getting a peridot, but again, since they can run 24/7 , they just log in at the end of the week to collect or something. They are not getting anywhere near what a REAL live person can get in a 1-2 hour farm cycle, which is good actually its the first time I could say that in awhile.

appears they script 2 different hes, ride back and forth, park at spawn mob and die, assuring them a peridot. However, its all sequenced on when the zerg hits.. so they will not always get anything and you will see them sit on a horse there for several cycles sometimes.

They probably get less then when hoards would allow them to script something on a foundry over and over and over and over for 24 hours.

Sadly bots, have ruined much in this game, but they are not the only thing to point a finger at. The OVERALL design and the TOTAL amount of RP needed in this game....... is frustrating and people buy botted RP, because of the outrageous amount.
  • ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    iambecks1 wrote: »
    Yes there was , some real players were using botting programs to farm 24/7 ,

Exactly this. It's sad but true. Let's not be coy here. It was the players who used 3rd party programs to farm instances with their DHE's that caused them to be nerfed.

Gold-farmers had nothing to do with this, since there's no profit in BoA RP.
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
    edited June 2015
    Exactly this. It's sad but true. Let's not be coy here. It was the players who used 3rd party programs to farm instances with their DHE's that caused them to be nerfed.

The RP-botters aren't in anything instanced. They're standing on infinite spawn points where all the script has to do is run an at-will attack to keep them in combat 100% of the time. Since the drops go straight into inventory, the only thing that would break the cycle is getting disconnected.

Seriously, you could accomplish the same thing by putting a weight on your mouse.

And it would actually be solved by making utility enchants only able to proc when fighting things within 7 levels of you, just like event drops.

Neverwinter Census 2017

edited June 2015
    The RP-botters aren't in anything instanced. They're standing on infinite spawn points where all the script has to do is run an at-will attack to keep them in combat 100% of the time. Since the drops go straight into inventory, the only thing that would break the cycle is getting disconnected.

The most popular of which are (were) in instances.
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
    edited June 2015
    Ok, I know of what you speak. And that particular problem could be solved using the imp portal treatment (if they weren't already) rather than nerfing the enchants themselves.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    And it would actually be solved by making utility enchants only able to proc when fighting things within 7 levels of you, just like event drops.

I think that's a great idea
  • carlonomocarlonomo Member Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited June 2015

Gold-farmers had nothing to do with this, since there's no profit in BoA RP.

this whole bots excuse is <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>! if that were the actual case the simple solution would be to just make the dhcs drop boa resonance stones only... that way no enchant refinememt abuse will only go to arti gear.

my guess is programming error and they are too lazy to fix.
  • thedemienthedemien Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    carlonomo wrote: »
    this whole bots excuse is <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>! if that were the actual case the simple solution would be to just make the dhcs drop boa resonance stones only... that way no enchant refinememt abuse will only go to arti gear.

my guess is programming error and they are too lazy to fix.

you just can not, at least for now, to run bot for HE or dungeons. Whether before bot runners just could send TR into sharandar.

Is this nerf stupid? yes. Bad design ? yes. But it is better then "1 hour only" nerf they did before. They must add RP and good RP to all quests / dungeons/ dailies/HE ets in game.
    Just make 1 HE active only for user with better reward to avoid ahead of train runners.

Dragon hoard should be at some point unnerfed or reworked. Not saying that I support its nerf just at least now they did better solution with HE then how they usually fk everything up. It includes some game play. Giving RP to all daily quests and so on is a must at this path as well.
  • kurtb88kurtb88 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 597 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    silverkelt wrote: »
    Ive seen the bots do the hes.. but they are just at most getting a peridot, but again, since they can run 24/7 , they just log in at the end of the week to collect or something. They are not getting anywhere near what a REAL live person can get in a 1-2 hour farm cycle, which is good actually its the first time I could say that in awhile.

appears they script 2 different hes, ride back and forth, park at spawn mob and die, assuring them a peridot. However, its all sequenced on when the zerg hits.. so they will not always get anything and you will see them sit on a horse there for several cycles sometimes.

They probably get less then when hoards would allow them to script something on a foundry over and over and over and over for 24 hours.

Sadly bots, have ruined much in this game, but they are not the only thing to point a finger at. The OVERALL design and the TOTAL amount of RP needed in this game....... is frustrating and people buy botted RP, because of the outrageous amount.

Who cares. The items that drop are BIND ON ACQUIRE. All Cryptic needed to do was make DHE's only work against on level or higher level mobs, then these jerks using bots cannot easily and quickly farm low-level mobs all day.
  • smellykuntismellykunti Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    kurtb88 wrote: »
    Who cares. The items that drop are BIND ON ACQUIRE. All Cryptic needed to do was make DHE's only work against on level or higher level mobs, then these jerks using bots cannot easily and quickly farm low-level mobs all day.

i say do one better, make it only work on level 71 or higher mobs. that way the botters would have to level all the way to 70 just to get the opportunity to use the DHE. and then make it BoA.
  • urlord283urlord283 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    [QUOTE}
    kvet wrote: »

I think that's a great idea
    [/QUOTE]

I Think it is fine too
  • neilburtonneilburton Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    :Shakes Head:
    IT Guru & avid gamer since 1981