test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Do you feel that the GF class is ignored by developers?

damnaciousdamnacious Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 354 Arc User
edited June 2015 in The Guard Barracks
Do you feel that the GF class is ignored by developers, with specific regards to bugs, improvements and class balancing?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    rexfire91rexfire91 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I've been a GF for almost a year, and since mod 6 I do not feel that this class is being ignored. I think this is a case of the devs having a list of "things to do/fix" that is much too large to get down in a timely fashion. And while not being at the top of that list can be a real bummer, there are more pressing matters. Take SW class for example, I hear they've been hurting a lot lately. More than us GFs at any rate.
  • Options
    vinceent1vinceent1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,264 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    yeah as i play both GF and HR. Hr is at much much worse state than GF. HR is ignored by the devs completely. sometimes there are fixes at patch notes but its minor things or things that broke the class even more at the finale
  • Options
    query523query523 Member Posts: 1,515 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    vinceent1 wrote: »
    yeah as i play both GF and HR. Hr is at much much worse state than GF. HR is ignored by the devs completely. sometimes there are fixes at patch notes but its minor things or things that broke the class even more at the finale

Same situation. HR is most ignored (they fixed one of the two major bugs) But I honestly think GF is a close second. Whilenot as bugged per say I think there is a direct correllation between server pop and how willing they are to fix classes.
  • Options
    dfncedfnce Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 509 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    1. Shield mechanics - unexpected behavior, low reaction. Add here lag issue and you see, GF struggling not much vs game world environment but network and server performance.
    2. PVE T1.5 and T2 - defensive gear sets poorly designed, no set with pure defense, deflection.
    3. Solo GF adventurer in IWD and TOD areas - possible, but takes ages compared to GWF/CW which solo it perfectly fine without spending bag of gold on potions. GF got percentage,multiplication of its non-existing DPS, which was laughable, while mobs got x10 buff in damage and hp.
    4. New skills at level 65 and 70 - useless, not a real alternative or upgrade to existing ones, such as KV, ITF, ET, IW.
    EX-DL-BtS / ITF-KC-KB / BF-HD-IBS / FtF-IT-ST-Dis / CA-GW-PG
    "When no appropriate rule applies, make one up."
    — (The unwritten rule)

• Options
    ryoshinetteryoshinette Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    As mentioned above.
    Lot of stuff not working, new skill useless. Shield broken, CC resist doesn' exist.
    Nice boost to dmg, protector useless (one hitted).

OP was our doom. But we are not ignored. Dev's ignored everyone, why shoul I feel special?
    Ryoshin GF (4.2k)
    .Suicide Squad.

• Options
    lewel555lewel555 Member Posts: 616 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Try playing a GWF and learn what the word "ignored" means.
  • Options
    zvieriszvieris Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    lewel555 wrote: »
    Try playing a GWF and learn what the word "ignored" means.

Agreed. Unlike GWF, GF has all feat trees viable in either PvP or PvE. GWF, on the other hand, only has Destroyer.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    One question.
    Anybody knows, how we can use two enchants in mainhand and ofhand, how Tr's can do?
    Ryoshin GF (4.2k)
    .Suicide Squad.

• Options
    silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    One question.
    Anybody knows, how we can use two enchants in mainhand and ofhand, how Tr's can do?

No other class can. That's part of the problem.
    I aim to misbehave
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Really?
    That's no fair

;/
    Ryoshin GF (4.2k)
    .Suicide Squad.

• Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Really?
    That's no fair

;/

Yes, exploitable bugs should clearly be implemented to be equal-opportunity. /sarcasm
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    burkaancburkaanc Member Posts: 2,186 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    not really ignored, but it seems like gf population is quite small and the class receives proportional attention from devs
    Paladin Master Race
  • Options
    vaulwynvaulwyn Member Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    burkaanc wrote: »
    not really ignored, but it seems like gf population is quite small and the class receives proportional attention from devs

You should go have a look at Damnacious's old GF community thread that was a consolidation of GF problems, bugs, that was very long very concise and chock full of viable solutions and help from the community at large. The thread that was a year old? The thread/community that was completely ignored 100% not a single dev response.

So you are partly right in that the GF community is small compared to others and much more dedicated as well or they would be extinct because we are ignored.
    GF - Sigh
  • Options
    blackylukeblackyluke Member Posts: 261 Arc User
    edited June 2015

The Oathbound Paladin indeed brought the very second full tank to Neverwinter Online. It does therefore stand in a immediate competition to the existing tank the Guardian Fighter.
    As Cryptic designed the Paladin they did give it a lot of basic power. Raw stat boni and strong mechanics to make the class work. Looking at the Paragons and all immense numbers in their powers.
    However the Devs DID NOT forget the GF and immediatly buffed plenty of GF powers to also add some basic power to the class.

Another point is that people say the new powers, class features etc. may not be "one ups" to the current powers. However, we have to ask if that is necessary? Knight Valor is already theoretically an absolutely amazing power. Into the Fray is a crazy strong party buff.
    Iron Warrior, Bull Charge, Anvil of Doom, Knights Challenge and Lunging Strike all great powers. The GF works.
    He performs great in PvP. He performs great in dungeons.
    Back to the competition with OBP. Paladins at the high end can currently be unkillable and permanently make the party unkillable. While doing more damage than every other support class and buffing the party decently too.
    In short they are overpowered. (THIS IS A NECESSITY NO COMPANY CAN RISK RELEASING FLOPS.)

Does it mean the GF doesn't get parties? Does it mean the GF is not good enough for parties?
    No. Tanks are probably THE best PvE role at this point and they are high sought after.
    A good GF, there are few, are amazing!

People will argue endlessly about this. So let me say I play this game since closed beta weekend 2, im a high end PvE player and always been. I love GFs! I prefer a GF over a OBP since on average the GF will be working better for my group (Mostly due to an average OBP being quite underwhelming, it is a new class after all!).
    I beat every content in this game with a GF and OBP in my group as the tank role. I enjoy playing with both, actually more with a GF, that is a little flavour and a little due to better synergy with my primary class.
    Hell I did a 2-man Syndryth kill with a GF not an OBP!

However, Cryptic knows the GF works. He fullfils the tank role and he does "work" in this regard. There are lots of bugs especially to GFs feats. Remember he is still pretty good without some feats working tho!
    Im actually quite sure the Devs are aware of some, but not of all of them. Cryptics NW team is small and it is working mostly on releasing new modules and the general game to be working and such. Bug fixes to single feats or powers etc. are definitly highly appreciated by players, but the change towards the actual goals of the developers in general to keep the game working and alive are small (not only money making aka. a non-working game doesn't make money anyway).

So yes GFs and GF lovers raise your hand and tell whats going wrong. No need to bash anybody tho. Also need to add that Block is great! If your having connection issues that is not the Developers fault. Maybe you may just suck balls tho, I heard some people do, you know ~
    [/SIZE]
  • Options
    rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I main a GF and a DC, and honestly both have gotten about the same amount of "love" since Mod 6.
  • Options
    discoricediscorice Member Posts: 371 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    silence1x wrote: »
    No other class can. That's part of the problem.
    Two weapon enchants?! That's a new one. That's not something TR's can do at all. This is why you should play a class before you make weird statements about their capabilities.
    Fear Of A Disco Planet
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    discorice wrote: »
    Two weapon enchants?! That's a new one. That's not something TR's can do at all. This is why you should play a class before you make weird statements about their capabilities.

(Psst.. it's a bug.)
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    (Psst.. it's a bug.)

And don't think it isn't being taken full advantage of. I hope it gets fixed soon.

As for the GF - I will be leveling mine up this weekend. He's my one character that has the most PvP tasks completed and he used to be such fun to play. I believe that leveling him up will be a challenge (time-wise) but it has to be done if I want him to advance.

As stated above, since the GF has the smallest player base, it gets the least amount of attention. However, this is kind of a Catch 22 - few play it because it needs some "love" but the devs can't spend a lotta time on it because few play it. I don't know how to solve this other than continuing to play a GF and post in this section.
    I aim to misbehave
  • Options
    urlord283urlord283 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    On the good side we are not getting nerfed

• Options
    scammerzascammerza Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    urlord283 wrote: »
    On the good side we are not getting nerfed
    ...Don't jinx it!

Just stack the support classes and buffs. Why does GF have to compete with OP?

GF (tactician buffs) + OP tank (recharge speed + that daily thing) + DC (giving ap gain via HoT) + Renegade/buff CW + 1 random dps = awesome combo
  • Options
    urlord283urlord283 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    yep

we are like the "little tank that could"

:)
  • Options
    umcjdkingumcjdking Member Posts: 276 Arc User
    I'm all about balance and fair play, my posts will show that.

PVE GF is in a sore spot, much akin to how every non-GWF SWM Destroyer melee class is in a sore spot. The only difference between us and everyone else is that sometimes (and I mean sometimes), we can take 2 full hits instead of 1. Also, mobs seem only to attempt to position themselves in combat advantage when against the GF and no one else. This is gamebreaking and turns all GFs into nothing but a shield dummy. We do offer other things to the team, though, and that makes up for the lack of the ability to do anything other than block & pray.

PVP GF is slightly overperforming. And I mean ever so slightly. A further 10% reduction to movespeed when using shield, a 10% damage reduction a 40% increase (faster) to turn radius timing would bring the GF back in line. Right now, a lot of the complaints are legitimate - even good players can't get behind a braindead GFs shield because of the wide radius and our movespeed. Increasing our turn radius counteracts (for good players at least), the ability to be CC'd from the back while it offers nothing for the bad GF who should be destroyed by a better player.

In addition to that, I'm almost at the point of advocating that Steel Defense (with Steel Defense being changed to an AP gain feat) become a class mechanic and a subsequent 20-30% nerf to our AP gain to flush out the class. IV tanks are in a really sore spot without this feat and the difficulty doesn't look like it's going to change one bit.
  • Options
    Did eCC on my gf and again on DC and observed another GF in that party... I think we both came to the conclusion that it is more difficult to tank now than before.

I am seeing 200% dmg taken when not blocking and still see the bug that randomly seems to occur where you take 200% KV dmg. Also, shield was not coming up properly for me a few times.. Other party members just stoped to made sure i was with them at each group of mobs. They should of debugged and fix these anomalies in damage and other known enemy buffing bugs instead of going and changing the difficulties. Now eCC is even harder & slower if you dont have amazing dps in your party.
  • Options
    umcjdking wrote: »
    In addition to that, I'm almost at the point of advocating that Steel Defense (with Steel Defense being changed to an AP gain feat) become a class mechanic

It would be nice to have it on IV and be able to use front-line surge in pve to prone mobs at start of combat. IDK how i would manage to survive if I didn't have Steel Defence.
  • Options
    xivirianaxiviriana Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    They should've just created the paladin on day one and never made Guardian Fighter... Or that's how I feel. Guardian Fighter and paladin are my most played class. I love them both allot even though my feeling about it all since mod6.
  • Options
    deathbeezdeathbeez Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 789 Arc User
    I like the dmg buffs the GF class got, make the class more fun to play.
    The spotty shield block and strange dmg spike bug in dungeons needs some attention though.

• Options
    legion10398legion10398 Member Posts: 79 Arc User
    I think GFs are not ignored at all. Personally, I play PvP mainly, with PvE on the side for fun and refining points, and I am amazed at how well the class was improved recently. I love playing GF now, and he will be my main until (possibly) combat HR gets fixed.