test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Elemental Black Ice gear: Could someone who knows for certain explain

discoricediscorice Member Posts: 371 Arc User
edited June 2015 in General Discussion (PC)
Where we're supposed to go or what we're supposed to do to raise the item level or whatever?
Fear Of A Disco Planet
Post edited by discorice on

Comments

• Options
    edited June 2015
    Bumpity bump bump. Mods? Devs? Imps?
    Fear Of A Disco Planet
  • Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    My elemental burning set isnt upgradable too
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    wasn't it just elemental black ice that was getting the item level increase or whatever?
    Fear Of A Disco Planet
  • Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    They said elemental sets in patch note. So i guess every set with elemental in their names craftable with black ice profession
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    So someone is telling me in game that I can not upgrade the existing elemental black ice gear that I'm wearing. You cannot be serious. 80k worth of black ice farming on top of the 50k to upgrade the forge, on top of the 80k for the original tier 2.5 lvl 60 set that became useless, and minimum of 35 days it took to get through the campaign originally? Elemental black ice should've been epic to begin with. Give us an option to upgrade what we're wearing without having to farm all over again for the basics first. Or if that does exist, please point me to it.
    Fear Of A Disco Planet
  • Options
    santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    discorice wrote: »
    So someone is telling me in game that I can not upgrade the existing elemental black ice gear that I'm wearing. You cannot be serious. 80k worth of black ice farming on top of the 50k to upgrade the forge, on top of the 80k for the original tier 2.5 lvl 60 set that became useless, and minimum of 35 days it took to get through the campaign originally? Elemental black ice should've been epic to begin with. Give us an option to upgrade what we're wearing without having to farm all over again for the basics first. Or if that does exist, please point me to it.

I've been slowly moving from Elemental Black Ice to Elemental Burning Ward gear by doing PVP. You buy Burning Executioner armor and upgrade it with Black Ice. But no, apparently Elemental Black Ice gear is a very nice Blue gear.
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,224 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    The Black Ice Shaping profession states pretty clear what the path is. There is no upgrade path from Elemental Corrupted/purified Black ice gear (which is blue). You can wish they will add something eventually. But, right from the beginning, the path ends there. You chose to select that path ... and hope for a miracle?
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    mrsmcsmithymrsmcsmithy Member Posts: 43
    edited June 2015
    plasticbat wrote: »
    The Black Ice Shaping profession states pretty clear what the path is. There is no upgrade path from Elemental Corrupted/purified Black ice gear (which is blue). You can wish they will add something eventually. But, right from the beginning, the path ends there. You chose to select that path ... and hope for a miracle?

he is talking about what was in the patch notes today , they said there was supposed to be a new way to further upgrade elemental black ice gear ilvl but there isn't ,it stays ilvl122 .

To discorice i asked panderus what he meant about this in the patch notes last night but got ignored ahaha , all i can suggest is maybe buy one piece of the gear from the forge store on preview then upgrade it and see if the new gear increases ilvl when you fully empower it , that way you don't waste anything finding out.
    Black Ice Sets: There are now sets of Black Ice gear for trade of Black Ice at the Black Ice Forge that is ilvl 122. It can also be upgraded with Black Ice Shaping. The Elemental Infused sets may be Infused with Black Ice to further increase their item level temporarily.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Yeah guys I already have elemental corrupted black ice gear. I know in the professions window it states that elemental corrupted or purified black ice is the highest black ice gear. Like mrsmcsmithy said I'm just confused about the meaning of today's patch notes.

also mrsmcsmithy, that's not a bad idea. It's still more black ice than I have refined at the moment but I'll give it a go. Man this is so weird.
    Fear Of A Disco Planet
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Okay so here's what it is: You can take your lvl 60 Purified or Corrupted gear and craft it into lvl 70 basic black ice gear for 500 black ice. Elemental black ice's stats did not/do not improve. Not sure why that was so hard for them to explain, but there it is.
    Fear Of A Disco Planet
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    he is talking about what was in the patch notes today , they said there was supposed to be a new way to further upgrade elemental black ice gear ilvl but there isn't ,it stays ilvl122 .

To discorice i asked panderus what he meant about this in the patch notes last night but got ignored ahaha , all i can suggest is maybe buy one piece of the gear from the forge store on preview then upgrade it and see if the new gear increases ilvl when you fully empower it , that way you don't waste anything finding out.

My understanding is in IWD store, they were not selling Black Ice gear with purple ilvl 122. They were selling purple ilevel 116. Now, they are selling purple ilevel 122.

If you have purple ilevel 116 already, you can upgrade that to purple ilevel 122. The purple ilevel 122 can be upgraded to the blue 122 (the elemental version).
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    brotherhades78brotherhades78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    My understanding is in IWD store, they were not selling Black Ice gear with purple ilvl 122. They were selling purple ilevel 116. Now, they are selling purple ilevel 122.

The old Black Ice Gear was Item Level 90 or so, level 60 Purified and Corrupted were iLvl 116 the new basic Black Ice gear is iLvl 122 as is the elemental purified and corrupted, but the elemental purified and corrupted pieces seem to have less HP and other stats than the new basic set.
  • Options
    mvffin1mvffin1 Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    the elemental purified and corrupted pieces seem to have less HP and other stats than the new basic set.

The new basic set has no tenacity either.
  • Options
    minotaur2857minotaur2857 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,141 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    They introduced a silly bug with the patch:

Previously you bought level 60 say black ice greaves from the shop, and crafted them into the elemental purified version.

Now you buy level 70 black ice greaves and craft them into the elemental black ice version.

If you bought the level 60 version pre patch but hadn't yet crafted it, you're stuffed having wasted 8000 refined black ice as the level 60 version now can't be used in the crafting task.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    The old Black Ice Gear was Item Level 90 or so, level 60 Purified and Corrupted were iLvl 116 the new basic Black Ice gear is iLvl 122 as is the elemental purified and corrupted, but the elemental purified and corrupted pieces seem to have less HP and other stats than the new basic set.

The difference between each piece is not consistent.
    For example, the elemental boot is better than the new basic boot (a black ice shaping level 3 task to convert).

For the other 3 pieces, the elemental version may have better overall stat but it has different stat distribution comparing with the new basic version. I guess one needs to figure out which piece can suite them better. We need to evaluate piece by piece instead of comparing set by set.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    If they were going to obsolete so much world wide, they really should have thought through all the broken stores. Not just this one, but Tiamat, Dread Ring, Sharandar..... And the broken campaign issues. We reallly do live in beta here, not sure what a preview server is for.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Watching them repair stuff week after week makes them look very un-professional. I'd hate to get a book with the middle ripped up and serials mailed to me each week after I'd already read the ending.
  • Options
    edited June 2015

The corrupted and purified can be augmented with more Black Ice, shifting the numbers a bit in their favor--but not by a whole lot.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    The corrupted and purified can be augmented with more Black Ice, shifting the numbers a bit in their favor--but not by a whole lot.
    it isn't a lot at all. I keep mine at tier 3 and was sort of wondering what they were trying to do here with the non-upgraded version having more HP.

Is there more to come on this? I really hope it means they're making the extremely costly elemental black ice gear better, too. Some official feedback would be nice.
    Fear Of A Disco Planet
  • Options
    graalx3graalx3 Member Posts: 232
    edited June 2015
    Level 60 base Black Ice gear can be made into Level 60 Purified/Corrupt Black Ice Gear with a Black Ice Shaping task. This task is only visible when you have a Level 60 Base Black Ice gear piece. Level 60 base Black Ice gear is no longer available in the Icewind Dale store and no longer drops in game.

Level 60 Purified/Corrupt Black Ice gear can be made into Level 70 Base Black Ice gear with a Black Ice Shaping task. This task is only visible when you have a level 60 Purified/Corrupt Black Ice gear piece.

Level 70 base Black Ice gear can be made into level 70 Elemental Purified/Corrupt Black Ice gear with a Black Ice Shaping task.
  • Options
    nallifnallif Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    The level 70 item level 122 basic Black Ice set looks great on a TR and doesn't have overload slots; I won't upgrade it to the elemental version. The Elemental head and arm pieces have overload slots.
  • Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    graalx3 wrote: »
    Level 60 base Black Ice gear can be made into Level 60 Purified/Corrupt Black Ice Gear with a Black Ice Shaping task. This task is only visible when you have a Level 60 Base Black Ice gear piece. Level 60 base Black Ice gear is no longer available in the Icewind Dale store and no longer drops in game.

Level 60 Purified/Corrupt Black Ice gear can be made into Level 70 Base Black Ice gear with a Black Ice Shaping task. This task is only visible when you have a level 60 Purified/Corrupt Black Ice gear piece.

Level 70 base Black Ice gear can be made into level 70 Elemental Purified/Corrupt Black Ice gear with a Black Ice Shaping task.

So how do we temporarily increase the item level of the sets , in the patch notes it said we could by using the black ice profession as seen below but the gear remains item level 122 even when fully empowered , the stats stay exactly the same and even worse the basic black ice gear pieces have more HP than the upgraded elemental pieces-
    The Elemental Infused sets may be Infused with Black Ice to further increase their item level temporarily.
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    graalx3 wrote: »

I am very appreciative that these tasks have been created. I feel much less like the gear I had made before was a complete waste because I can now reverse engineer it to a degree. Feels a lot better than starting from scratch. (And once again, procrastination - and hoarding - pays off for me.)

I take it my unused basic BI orb is now well and truly good for nothing but salvage?

I also applaud the addition of tasks to convert the epic crafting materials formerly needed for weapon sets into raw black ice. I'd still like to see tasks added to break down the uncommon and rare materials into small quantities of raw black ice. Supply of these far exceeds the need for them.
    iambecks1 wrote: »
    the basic black ice gear pieces have more HP than the upgraded elemental pieces

I don't have any firsthand experience with the issues with the infusion process, but would like to echo that this is a problem.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I found a bug. The HR's Corrupted BI Armor rewards BI Bracers.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    edited June 2015

If you have purple ilevel 116 already, you can upgrade that to purple ilevel 122. The purple ilevel 122 can be upgraded to the blue 122 (the elemental version).

What do blue and purple MEAN now?
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Not all the basic black ice gear pieces have more HP than the upgrade elemental pieces. Only the Scale is.

One can upgrade the feet to the elemental version without reaching the expensive BI shaping rank 4.

Putting black ice to empower the elemental version to T3 gives about 10% more stat (not all the stat though) than the T2.