test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Great time to buy that booster pack you wanted , 25% off all packs until 6/3/15

iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
edited May 2015 in General Discussion (PC)
25% off all packs till 3rd of June , spend spend spend!!!

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/9304503
YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• phoenix1021phoenix1021 Member Posts: 532 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I don't appreciate that you can get all packs with the zen exchange now tbh...
  • carrytiexcarrytiex Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    You couldn't get the packs in game for PC before right? I'm definitely put an order up for mine. Though it's not exactly a sale if there's no AD in... Still I appreciate the ability to get them in game.
  • rhoriangelusrhoriangelus Member Posts: 703 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I appreciate it... the VIP lounge in the Mask is very empty :P Plus there's not nearly enough Moon Elves around. I like people having easier access to these things. And for the record, I paid cash for mine.
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I'm getting the SW pack for sure , 2.6k zen for that is great value.

Mods can close this now , CM opened an official thread at last xD

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?946471-Mighty-Pack-Sale-Packs-25-Off!&p=11118641&viewfull=1#post11118641
  • myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    iambecks1 wrote: »
    I'm getting the SW pack for sure , 3k zen for that is great value.

Mods can close this now , CM opened an official thread at last xD

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?946471-Mighty-Pack-Sale-Packs-25-Off!&p=11118641&viewfull=1#post11118641

Yeah, that is one of the best packs for sure - You get a great companion for ALL of your characters as well as a nice pack for ONE character.
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
  • dbpunchdbpunch Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    not sure troll or serious..
    edited May 2015
    dbpunch wrote: »
    not sure troll or serious..

iambecks1 doesn't typically troll, so this is a serious thread. :)
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,208 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    There is link points to arcgames.com. That can't be troll.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • dionchidionchi Member Posts: 915 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Is it my imagination or has the prices for some of those "discounted" Neverwinter packs gone way up - not to mention they seem to be missing several items they used to include?

Several months ago I purchased a Guardian of Neverwinter Pack and I believe the price was $35.00 U.S. at that time, included in the pack was:
    • Medium Adventurer's Horse
    • Lliira's Everlasting Bottle of Levity
    • Vicious Dire Wolf
    • Adventurer's Helper Pack
    • Gilded Moonstone Regalia Mask
    • Respec Token
    • Ring of Violet Luminescence
    • Graycloak's Legacy
    • Robe of Useless Items
    As well as:
    • 3 Character Slots-instead of ONE
    and
    • 600,000 Astral Diamonds

The Astral Diamonds are gone completely.

The character slots have been reduced from 3 to 1 and the pack I paid $35.99 for is now being sold for $44.99 which is supposed to be 25% off the regular price of $55.99...

I'm way glad I bought it before this "25% off sale"...

I was thinking about purchasing some other pack in addition to the Guardian of Neverwinter pack I had already purchased, but now...
    DD~
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    dionchi wrote: »

Yeah the AD got removed from the packs a while ago , no idea why and I don't know if any dev has ever given a reason why either , no idea about the character slots.
  • berserkrage99berserkrage99 Member Posts: 103
    edited May 2015
    Is it my imagination or has the prices for some of those "discounted" Neverwinter packs gone way up - not to mention they seem to be missing several items they used to include?

Several months ago I purchased a Guardian of Neverwinter Pack and I believe the price was $35.00 U.S. at that time, included in the pack was:
    • Vicious Dire Wolf
    • Respec Token
    • Graycloak's Legacy
    • Robe of Useless Items
    As well as:
    and

The character slots have been reduced from 3 to 1 and the pack I paid $35.99 for is now being sold for $44.99 which is supposed to be 25% off the regular price of $55.99...

I was thinking about purchasing some other pack in addition to the Guardian of Neverwinter pack I had already purchased, but now...

Nice catch, no wonder they're trying to sell it at "25% off". Pretty sleazy if you ask me. Definitely not a true sale.
  • rinat114rinat114 Member Posts: 913 Arc User
    edited May 2015

• Vicious Dire Wolf
    • Respec Token
    • Graycloak's Legacy
    • Robe of Useless Items
    As well as:
    and

Yep, noticed exactly that. No AD, worse price. Although tbh, targets are mainly newbies, they won't know.
    edited May 2015
    iambecks1 wrote: »
    Yeah the AD got removed from the packs a while ago , no idea why and I don't know if any dev has ever given a reason why either , no idea about the character slots.

The character slots are a surety...

Like I said I purchased two Guardian of Neverwinter packs, one for myself and one for a friend of mine and they each had identical items in them including the three character slots (I still have the screen shot of what the pack contained an a copy of my electronic receipt).

A while later I purchased one for someone as a birthday present and they only received one character slot and no Astral Diamonds.

Not something I'm not inclined to do again any time soon, especially at these prices.
    DD~
    edited May 2015
    Wow - that is quite the sneaky marketing tactic . . .

edited May 2015
    rinat114 wrote: »
    Yep, noticed exactly that. No AD, worse price. Although tbh, targets are mainly newbies, they won't know.
    So much of Neverwinter appears to be tailor made for new players, who as you say: "won't know" any better and a slap in the face for those of us who have been playing and supporting PWE and Neverwinter for years.

The way of things I suppose, there appears to be no value in loyalty and dedication anymore everything has to be profit driven...

Even for a "free to play" game like Neverwinter.
    DD~
  • iamannoyingdeviliamannoyingdevil Member Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Nice catch, no wonder they're trying to sell it at "25% off". Pretty sleazy if you ask me. Definitely not a true sale.

The founder program ended on May the 30th 2013 , that was when the guardian of neverwinter and hero of the north packs were changed , seen everything now , people complaining about packs that were changed 2 years ago

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?198261-The-Founder-Program-ends-soon&p=2764102&viewfull=1#post2764102
  • azlanfoxazlanfox Member Posts: 436 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Offer less and charge more. Those changes, the price increase, its not cool. I'm at a loss for clever words right now. I was all out of trust for Cryptic a while ago, and really, I guess I'm not surprised either.
    The fox said, "lock and load"

glassdoor.com - Cryptic Studios Review
    edited May 2015
    The founder program ended on May the 30th 2013 , that was when the guardian of neverwinter and hero of the north packs were changed , seen everything now , people complaining about packs that were changed 2 years ago

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?198261-The-Founder-Program-ends-soon&p=2764102&viewfull=1#post2764102

I'd like to point out that at the time when the Founder Program ended, ALL they did was remove the 'Founder' title from the packs. That's it. The AD was removed MUCH, much more recently, and, - this is important - quietly. They didn't tell anyone they were removing the AD or why, it just vanished one day. And that was within the last few months, NOT two years ago.

Also, people claiming the guardian pack had three character slots before - are you positive? I bought the guardian pack back when it was still the Founder pack, before title or the the AD was removed and I thought it only came with one slot, but, if you have some proof that it was three once, I'd be interested in seeing it (mostly so I can be sure how many slots I will have before I hit maximum, lol).
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited May 2015

You probably bought it during an earlier sale. I do recall them being on sale in living memory. Regular price for the Guardian has been $60 since beta.

They did remove the AD though.

Edit: Guardian has also only ever had a single character slot. You get three slots with the Hero pack.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Also, people claiming the guardian pack had three character slots before - are you positive? I bought the guardian pack back when it was still the Founder pack, before title or the the AD was removed and I thought it only came with one slot, but, if you have some proof that it was three once, I'd be interested in seeing it (mostly so I can be sure how many slots I will have before I hit maximum, lol).

I sez they're wrong.

Since Gateway is back up, the discounted packs that I don't own appear to be entirely in line with normal pricing via Arc. And I'm not gonna whine about people being able to buy them with Zen (and therefore don't have to use real money). I've been using the stuff in the Guardian pack for fugging YEARS. It was good value at the time.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Does anyone know if the Delzoun weapons from the Hero of the North pack scales to level 70?
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
    edited May 2015
    bioshrike wrote: »
    Does anyone know if the Delzoun weapons from the Hero of the North pack scales to level 70?

I went to go look - it does not. That's probably an oversight and hopefully that changes in the future, but right now, it's an iLevel 83, level 60 weapon.
    I sez they're wrong.

Since Gateway is back up, the discounted packs that I don't own appear to be entirely in line with normal pricing via Arc. And I'm not gonna whine about people being able to buy them with Zen (and therefore don't have to use real money). I've been using the stuff in the Guardian pack for fugging YEARS. It was good value at the time.

Yeah, I'm leaning towards them being mistaken. I'm fairly sure it was always 1 character slot. I'm actually kinda glad people have the option of using zen to buy these now, even if I paid cash for all of them up to the Dragonborn Legend pack.
    edited May 2015
    You probably bought it during an earlier sale. I do recall them being on sale in living memory. Regular price for the Guardian has been $60 since beta.

They did remove the AD though.

Edit: Guardian has also only ever had a single character slot. You get three slots with the Hero pack.

I checked during lunch and you are right I did make my purchase during a sale period... so my apologies all around for thinking the prices of the packs had been sneekily increased.

I've never purchased the Hero of Neverwinter pack, the only two packs I've ever received are the Guardian of Neverwinter and the First Time (ZEN) Buyers pack... whether intentionally or by glitch, I did get three character slots from one of them, as did the first person I bought one for... unless I'm totally messed up.

Which is not outside the realm of possibility I suppose ~
    DD~
  • discoricediscorice Member Posts: 371 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I don't understand. Do they think we're not going to catch them at this <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>? Even though the player base is shrinking, it's still not small, and with all the craziness going on with mod 6 everyone is on their guard about everything, double checking and researching things, cross-referencing with other players, etc. The call outs are constant, and they're broadcasted here as well as in-game. The lazy and unwise will be fooled once or twice, the rest of us just get more reluctant to spend money. It's a bad scene.
    Fear Of A Disco Planet
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    And I just bought the paladin pack yesterday. *kicks self*

Oh well, still a few packs I don't yet have, that I've been wanting to get.
  • draknalordraknalor Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    One thing i don't understand is.. why are companions used as a "Big thing" For most of these packs, i got the impression that Anything other than a Augument is pointless in Maxx
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    draknalor wrote: »
    One thing i don't understand is.. why are companions used as a "Big thing" For most of these packs, i got the impression that Anything other than a Augument is pointless in Maxx

So I guess you need all the active bonuses companions can provide, even while unsummoned? You know, things like extra Crit severity, control bonuses, extra stats, stuff like that. Your 5 companion slots are, basically, gear slots. And the right mix of companions, even if you never summon them, can round out your build just as much as the gear your wear and the enchantments you slot.
  • draknalordraknalor Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    So I guess you need all the active bonuses companions can provide, even while unsummoned? You know, things like extra Crit severity, control bonuses, extra stats, stuff like that. Your 5 companion slots are, basically, gear slots. And the right mix of companions, even if you never summon them, can round out your build just as much as the gear your wear and the enchantments you slot.
    You use too many "I've played the game a long time and understand everything about it and how it works" Terms for me to keep up with what you just said.. I don't have anyone in max that's why i said "I got the impression" Because everywhere i have looked everyone has said companions are useless if it's not augument.. but i don't know, it's just what i've read