test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Legendary Companions - Worth It?

myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
edited June 2015 in General Discussion (PC)
So far I have not spent the massive AD required (well, it is massive to me) to upgrade any of my companions to legendary level. For those that have, could you tell us some of the advantages? Do any of the active bonuses improve? Any good unlocks?

Thanks!
SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    You get 15% of their stats as a bonus (like a mini-augment) when they're summoned. That's about it.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • Options
    setimoselosetimoselo Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    So far I have yet to get that so called 15% bonus from having a legendary Squire. If everyone else is getting the same thing I am getting then there is no reason to get the legendary companion at the moment
    23uvq8m.png
  • Options
    nallifnallif Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    ironzerg79 wrote: »
    You get 15% of their stats as a bonus (like a mini-augment) when they're summoned. That's about it.

Do you know what benefits there are for augment companions?
  • Options
    ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    setimoselo wrote: »
    So far I have yet to get that so called 15% bonus from having a legendary Squire. If everyone else is getting the same thing I am getting then there is no reason to get the legendary companion at the moment

I have a few Legendary companions, and it's worked on all of them. You should see an additional buff pop up under your name. Keep in mind you have to have him summoned, not just active.
    nallif wrote: »
    Do you know what benefits there are for augment companions?

Works for both augment and non-augment companions.
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • Options
    edited May 2015

Bummer. I was hoping for an increase to the Active Bonus at least . . .

What happens if you increase an Augment Companion to Legendary? Do you get an additional 15% for each shared stat boost?
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    myowmyow wrote: »
    Bummer. I was hoping for an increase to the Active Bonus at least . . .

What happens if you increase an Augment Companion to Legendary? Do you get an additional 15% for each shared stat boost?

Yeah, no increase to the active bonus, which is a bummer.

But take the total stats on your augment or companion. Multiple it by 15%. That's the unique bonus you get.

LoexvLJ.jpg

That's me and my Warlock Anne Loade.
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • Options
    oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I was under the impression from the tooltip on the legendary companions that the 15% bonus was on Active, not On Summon. Therefore all you need is 1 legendary companion and you get a permanent 15% bonus so long as that companion is in an active slot.

Im at work and cant seem to find a picture of the tooltip right now though.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    I was under the impression from the tooltip on the legendary companions that the 15% bonus was on Active, not On Summon. Therefore all you need is 1 legendary companion and you get a permanent 15% bonus so long as that companion is in an active slot.

Im at work and cant seem to find a picture of the tooltip right now though.

That is incorrect. It only works if the companion is summoned.

khg4gUM.jpg

EDIT: Hrmmm...let me test something. That wording is a bit weird now that I've read it 10 times in a row.

EDIT2: Looks like you are correct. As long as you have A legendary companion in an active slot, you get the bonus for anything that is summoned. So cool, right?

EDIT3: So it looks like you get the 15% bonus from whatever companion is summoned, not the active Legendary companion.
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Too many edits, so here's a fresh post.

So it looks like to get the 15% legendary bonus, you just need a single active companion at legendary, and you'll get the 15% stat bonus based on whatever is summoned.

So I guess the real answer is to make Legendary that one pet that you'll always and forever have in your active slot.
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • Options
    carrytiexcarrytiex Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    edited May 2015

So it looks like to get the 15% legendary bonus, you just need a single active companion at legendary, and you'll get the 15% stat bonus based on whatever is summoned.

So I guess the real answer is to make Legendary that one pet that you'll always and forever have in your active slot.

I'm sure they do this on purpose to confuse the hell out of us.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Well, if that was their goal, mission accomplished.

But hey, learned something new today!
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • Options
    fusionawesomefusionawesome Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited May 2015

Thanks for checking. Bit weird that having a second legendary (or even more) is completely useless, unless you like orange. :p

I am using an augment companion which should give me 100% of it's stats, am i right in saying that making it legendary (or having a legendary companion in a active slot) it would give me 115% of its stats (including gear and runestones) when summoned?
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Yeah, no increase to the active bonus, which is a bummer.

But take the total stats on your augment or companion. Multiple it by 15%. That's the unique bonus you get.

LoexvLJ.jpg

LOL! Your female Drow's first name (Ditzz) is a hilarious female take on Drizzt Do'Urden!

• Options
    edited May 2015
    Well, her last name is "Du'rrhuhwhat".

Ditzz Du'rrhuhwhat...she's Drizzt's lovable, but air-headed cousin, twice removed.
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Well, her last name is "Du'rrhuhwhat".

Ditzz Du'rrhuhwhat...she's Drizzt's lovable, but air-headed cousin, twice removed.

LOL! Great!

• Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,218 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    My question is:

Is the legendary bonus stackable?

If I have 2 active legendary pets, will I have 30% of rating of the summoned pet?
    If I have 4 active legendary pets, will I get 60%?
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    plasticbat wrote: »
    My question is:

Is the legendary bonus stackable?

If I have 2 active legendary pets, will I have 30% of rating of the summoned pet?
    If I have 4 active legendary pets, will I get 60%?

Doesn't appear to work that way, no.
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • Options
    setimoselosetimoselo Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    myowmyow wrote: »
    LOL! Your female Drow's first name (Ditzz) is a hilarious female take on Drizzt Do'Urden!

wow, I really dont get that augment from my Legendary squire.... Now that sucks
    23uvq8m.png
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Then bug report that the bonus on the Squire is broken.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    LoexvLJ.jpg

I'd imagine you'd have an epic lumberjack beard, and less styled hair...

Also a human, and not a Drow Elf, but what do I know? :p
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    neirgaraneirgara Member Posts: 334 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Just did some testing with multiple legendary companions.

1. Ironzerg is right, to get the 15% bonus of the stats of the summoned companion you only need a legendary active companion in any slot. The bonus is the base stats + stat bonus for items + stat bonus for runestones. Though the bonus seems to be more around 20% for me. (Was in a corner without any external bonus)

2. Legendary bonus does not stack. With 2-4 companions active I still got only around 20%.

3. Squire's legendary bonus does not seem to work, neither for itself nor for others. Same goes for Augment companions (tested Chicken, the Ioune Stone of Might, Cat and lack Dragon Iounstone) But you get a stat bonus from a summoned Squire, if you have another active Legendary companion.

I hope that helps. If there is any more constellation, that needs to be tested, I'm willing to volunteer and test some more.

Also I plan to upgrade 2 more companions to legendary. I have nearly all companions and no preferences on which one is next. So if anyone plans to upgrade one and wants to know, if the bonus works, feel free to contact me. If I have it on legendary, I will test it for you, if not, I will upgrade this one next. :)
  • Options
    niadanniadan Member Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    edited May 2015

Kick me for this, but I would assume it does not stack.

Blame my lateness on my slow internet mobile connection and the hot blonde that distracted me...lol
  • Options
    kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    niadan wrote: »
    Kick me for this....
    I'll get on that via the Guild page once I sign on today bud, no problem! :cool:
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    sliderhardcoresliderhardcore Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    neirgara wrote: »
    3. Squire's legendary bonus does not seem to work, neither for itself nor for others. Same goes for Augment companions (tested Chicken, the Ioune Stone of Might, Cat and lack Dragon Iounstone) But you get a stat bonus from a summoned Squire, if you have another active Legendary companion.

So if you have legendary Augment in active slot (not summoned) you will get nothing from your summoned ?
    Or if you have legendary in active slot and non legendary summoned augment you will get nothing as legendary bonus on top of 100% augment ?
    Or nothing in both cases ?

And as we know bonding stones do not work on augment (lack of skills to use), but what about normal companion with bonding and legendary bonus ? But i am pretty sure they are only additive as separate buffs on your char .
  • Options
    araneaxaraneax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 639 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    So if you have legendary Augment in active slot (not summoned) you will get nothing from your summoned ?
    Or if you have legendary in active slot and non legendary summoned augment you will get nothing as legendary bonus on top of 100% augment ?

And as we know bonding stones do not work on augment (lack of skills to use), but what about normal companion with bonding and legendary bonus ? But i am pretty sure they are only additive as separate buffs on your char .

If your augmented in not slotted in the summoned slot you do not get the bonus.
    You get his normal active bonus like slow targets or ...etc..
    But your stats do not go up until it is summoned. At least it is like that for me.
    d7d81448-df6b-48cf-94a0-cf1ba87d861a_zpsish6zr2v.jpg

• Options
    bigredbrentbigredbrent Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 155 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    The legendary bonus seems to also be giving a portion of the health of your pet to you. This is insignificant on an augment pet, but other pets seem to give about 5k health to you.

I posted this in another post talking about companions, and it may be relevant to this discussion as well:
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?946111-Back-to-Augment-Companions&p=11124691&viewfull=1#post11124691
  • Options
    neirgaraneirgara Member Posts: 334 Arc User
    edited May 2015

It's only the legendary +15% bonus, that does not work.

If you have an Augment, regardless which level, you get 100% of the Augment's stats while summoned. While active, you only get the active bonus.

That means, when I slot my legendary Chicken, I get no 15% bonus of the stats from a summoned companion.
    When I summon the Chicken, I get only 100% of the Chicken's stats. This bonus is Base Stats + Gear + Runestones.

I also get the stat bonus from Bonding Runestones in an Augment. Only the additional ability of the runestones, granting me an additional statbonus does not trigger, as there are no powers my Augment could use.
  • Options
    discoricediscorice Member Posts: 371 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    So the takeaway here is that there's no reason to upgrade an augment companion to legendary?
    Fear Of A Disco Planet
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    discorice wrote: »
    So the takeaway here is that there's no reason to upgrade an augment companion to legendary?

Maybe. I'd only upgrade the companion that you're sure is never going to leave one of your active slots. That could be your augment, or it could be something else.

EDIT: That assumes the augment not getting the 15% legendary bonus is fixed.
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • Options
    discoricediscorice Member Posts: 371 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I'm asking because I have an epic Cockatrice that would really be able to nail things down for my HR. Also, are we sure the procs of companion's gift stack?
    Fear Of A Disco Planet