test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Xbox One Known Issues

strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
Here's a brand new thread, which documents the major known issues for Neverwinter on Xbox One. I'll update these as they come and go.

Vote kick issue: To those bad bad people who kick party members for no reason, it's horrible and you should be ashamed. That being said, we are well aware and are going to fix it ASAP.

Chat spam: This one is also frustrated and will be addressed/fixed ASAP.

Greater Bag of Holding not at Rewards Claim Agent: This will be fixed very very very soon.

Item Inventory Black Holes: Currently addressing this as well.

Server Lag: We're always looking into improving the performance of Neverwinter with each patch. That being said, there are a multitude of reasons for server lag, many of which are, fortunately, not caused by us.

Achievements: Yup, we know some of these are broken, as well and are working on it.

Guild Bank Gold-Sharing Issue: Fix has been confirmed. Will be implemented soon.

Factional Assets Quest: We are aware of this.

Loot Window Immobility: This is one we're really pushing to have fixed ASAP along with the Achievements.

Freezing During Infernal Bindings

Freezing when a DC uses Hallowed Ground in PvP

Lostmauth chest giving wrong gear

Tiamat's black dragon head does not activate

Astral Shield and Seal increase lag for Tiamat

Shadow of Demise and Plaguefire

I'd like to state that these are NOT all the known issues, but the major ones.

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

Post edited by strumslinger on

Comments

• Options
    therealshakur70therealshakur70 Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    thank you, this is what the community needs to see.
  • Options
    strictlyevilstrictlyevil Member Posts: 338 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Strum for President!
    Ancient 18.8k CW | Ancient Heals 18k DC | Ancient Tank 22.2k GF | GT: XGC Army
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    demonm0ng3rdemonm0ng3r Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Strum for President!

Agreed!
    #StrumforPres2k16!
  • Options
    nem3slsnem3sls Member Posts: 332 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Good move, hopefully this develops well, thanks strumslinger
    The Legendary Outlaws

maintaining HR, DC, GWF, TR, SW, CW, OP, 4 Kids and 1 wife :p Dungeon runs anyone?

Tweet me @ nem3sis_AUT
    Streaming NWXbox daily @ 7PM CEST My Twitch
    When is this for you? Worldtime Buddy

I miss you Boo :(
  • Options
    theapostletheapostle Member Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Glad to see a new topic. I'd like to see the achievement issues on the list. I think it needs a mention because a ton of us would like it fixed.
  • Options
    thezer0fluxthezer0flux Member Posts: 412 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Thank you for the feedback. I'm excited to learn the major issues are being addressed.
  • Options
    breedhate68breedhate68 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    You forgot to mention the 3 broken achievements no one has gotten since May 5th, are these ever going to be fixed
  • Options
    koloblikolobli Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    You forgot to mention the 3 broken achievements no one has gotten since May 5th, are these ever going to be fixed

I notice you also posted in the Server Upgrade thread with some negativity as well so I assume you're just trolling.

However, maybe you're just a normal person who's a bit frustrated and could use some better insight into why these things are taking so long...

I'm sure the development team is feverishly working on getting this game to be flawless. This is in fact the thing they are dedicating all their knowledge and learned expertise to. However, to do that there any number of complexities that have to be considered and every fix needs to be reviewed to make sure they don't inadvertently stem new issues. Since some problems have a greater impact (server stability) than others (achievement scores) the team has to postpone some fixes to keep things in scope.

Remember, this is their job, not their lives. Just as you are eager to go home to your family after a long day's work so are the fine folks working at Perfect World and Cryptic. It would be impractical to assume a company would hire enough skill staff to run 24/7.

I know people will still be critical and rant and badger on but hopefully some appreciation is felt by the people who are working on the back end.

Cheers.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    kolobli wrote: »
    I notice you also posted in the Server Upgrade thread with some negativity as well so I assume you're just trolling.

However, maybe you're just a normal person who's a bit frustrated and could use some better insight into why these things are taking so long...

I'm sure the development team is feverishly working on getting this game to be flawless. This is in fact the thing they are dedicating all their knowledge and learned expertise to. However, to do that there any number of complexities that have to be considered and every fix needs to be reviewed to make sure they don't inadvertently stem new issues. Since some problems have a greater impact (server stability) than others (achievement scores) the team has to postpone some fixes to keep things in scope.

Remember, this is their job, not their lives. Just as you are eager to go home to your family after a long day's work so are the fine folks working at Perfect World and Cryptic. It would be impractical to assume a company would hire enough skill staff to run 24/7.

I know people will still be critical and rant and badger on but hopefully some appreciation is felt by the people who are working on the back end.

Cheers.

We understand all that. But at the same time, we are not gonna stop complaining about the achievement issues until they are fixed. However, I'm glad they are finally working on the servers. But I still want Dungeon Master fixed. Dragon's Bane is currently at 55 percent and my second character is currently level 55 (should get Generational in a few days). I'd love to at least be able to work on Dungeon Master while I'm working on Dragon's Bane.

I'm starting a second job soon. I might be able to afford to spend money on entertainment. I'd love to make a third character and get Zen using real money. But I won't be able to do that if I don't get my issues with the game resolved. Those issues are the lag and Time Outs (Which are hopefully being fixed) and the fact that Dungeon Master is broken.
  • Options
    marv1001marv1001 Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I hope that you have seen that it is not just dungeons where the kick abuse is happening, it is also skirmishes and even in CTA's
  • Options
    quaffliciousquafflicious Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    To those bad bad people who kick party members for no reason, it's horrible and you should be ashamed

I laughed pretty hard right here. Thanks, I needed that.
  • Options
    majnumbthumbs1majnumbthumbs1 Member Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Why was my post removed?
  • Options
    valkarravalkarra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I apologize in advance if this happens to be a topic on another forum. I am having issues logging in on my ONE and I have no idea why. It will not connect to the account server for some reason. I haven't been able to log in for a few days now. My internet works seemlessly with Netflix, Amazon and Youtube, but I am still having issues logging in to Neverwinter. I miss playing, so if anyone can help, I would greatly appreciate it!!
  • Options
    pufpuffpasspufpuffpass Member Posts: 88
    edited May 2015
    I posted some posts today about the lack of info, then I come across this thread. Still I have a question, can we get a freaking ETA. This is the first time I have seen info and its vague at best. The term SOON is a very broad term. Could mean tomorrow, could mean a month or two.

Great job on posting info, really. The community needed it, but at the same time, it really is vague at best. I was hoping for....

Vote To Kick System: we are aiming at a fix for the next patch. As I said, soon is a very loose term. Sorry if you view this post as negative, I simply am that guy that wants better info. But again, thanks for what you have given us.
  • Options
    monktoastymonktoasty Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Thank you so much for this. Its tough as a player to kind Of play blindly, just hoping we are heard.

I truly appreciate it, I know there is a sticky thread like this, but it was never updated in 2 months, 2 months to an mmo player might as well be eternity lol
  • Options
    monktoastymonktoasty Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I posted some posts today about the lack of info, then I come across this thread. Still I have a question, can we get a freaking ETA. This is the first time I have seen info and its vague at best. The term SOON is a very broad term. Could mean tomorrow, could mean a month or two.

Great job on posting info, really. The community needed it, but at the same time, it really is vague at best. I was hoping for....

Vote To Kick System: we are aiming at a fix for the next patch. As I said, soon is a very loose term. Sorry if you view this post as negative, I simply am that guy that wants better info. But again, thanks for what you have given us.

Etas are extremely hard to give on the xbox, because every patch has to go.through microsoft. I think if they say soon it means AS SOON AS THEY CAN which is good for me
  • Options
    pufpuffpasspufpuffpass Member Posts: 88
    edited May 2015
    I'm no dev, but the problem Microsoft had before was it charged for patches. I don't know if they have to go through Microsoft.

That being said, no giving a ETA is not hard. Microsoft, if they have the final say in patches, will not hold this patch "hostage" and not let it release. Instead I imagine they have more knowledge on ETA then saying, soon. Soon could mean, soon they will start to work on it, or soon they will brainstorm a fix. Again, soon is a loose term that could be used in many different ways. A more direct approach,

"V2K system is currently being worked on. Were sorry for the headache, we will try to patch the problem within the next two maintenances."

Instead we get "V2K - players who are doing it, be ashamed(the community has said that enough) soon we will have a fix." yes I summarized. But we know the players are jerks. Give a better eta
  • Options
    twinstripeuktwinstripeuk Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    valkarra wrote: »
    I apologize in advance if this happens to be a topic on another forum. I am having issues logging in on my ONE and I have no idea why. It will not connect to the account server for some reason. I haven't been able to log in for a few days now. My internet works seemlessly with Netflix, Amazon and Youtube, but I am still having issues logging in to Neverwinter. I miss playing, so if anyone can help, I would greatly appreciate it!!

This seemed to work for me (this is from memory as I'm at work at the moment) - while the game is running, press the XBOX button to return to the home screen and then press the menu button (the right hand one with the three lines logo).

That should give you a pop-up menu; select 'Manage Game'.

In the centre pane you should see two icons, one with your avatar picture, and one with the Neverwinter game icon picture.

Select the one called 'Reserved Space' and then select 'Delete from console' (you'll know it's the right one for sure, because it will only have this and the 'Cancel' option - the other one is your local saved game file and has three options; 'Delete from console', 'Delete Everywhere' and 'Cancel'). ** The only time you won't have all three options is if you've disabled cloud saves (and why would you ever want to do that)?

Deleting the Reserved Space file will cause Neverwinter to quit - start it again and then try logging in again.

This worked for me because it has somehow managed to corrupt the file, and deleting it makes the system recreate it.

If all else fails, delete the saved game FROM YOUR CONSOLE ONLY (I really can't stress that enough) and let the system recreate that from your cloud save.
  • Options
    twinstripeuktwinstripeuk Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I'm no dev, but the problem Microsoft had before was it charged for patches. I don't know if they have to go through Microsoft.

That being said, no giving a ETA is not hard. Microsoft, if they have the final say in patches, will not hold this patch "hostage" and not let it release. Instead I imagine they have more knowledge on ETA then saying, soon. Soon could mean, soon they will start to work on it, or soon they will brainstorm a fix. Again, soon is a loose term that could be used in many different ways. A more direct approach,

"V2K system is currently being worked on. Were sorry for the headache, we will try to patch the problem within the next two maintenances."

Instead we get "V2K - players who are doing it, be ashamed(the community has said that enough) soon we will have a fix." yes I summarized. But we know the players are jerks. Give a better eta

They still have to go through Microsoft - all software that MS distribute has to pass 'certification' in that it has to be tested to make sure it doesn't break anything else and that it doesn't introduce anything that violates the TOS. If it's a major patch (and one that includes server-side patching), then that's pretty stringent in that if it fails for any reason it'll only get reviewed once a week for the Tuesday rollouts.
  • Options
    valkarravalkarra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    This seemed to work for me (this is from memory as I'm at work at the moment) - while the game is running, press the XBOX button to return to the home screen and then press the menu button (the right hand one with the three lines logo).

That should give you a pop-up menu; select 'Manage Game'.

In the centre pane you should see two icons, one with your avatar picture, and one with the Neverwinter game icon picture.

Select the one called 'Reserved Space' and then select 'Delete from console' (you'll know it's the right one for sure, because it will only have this and the 'Cancel' option - the other one is your local saved game file and has three options; 'Delete from console', 'Delete Everywhere' and 'Cancel'). ** The only time you won't have all three options is if you've disabled cloud saves (and why would you ever want to do that)?

Deleting the Reserved Space file will cause Neverwinter to quit - start it again and then try logging in again.

This worked for me because it has somehow managed to corrupt the file, and deleting it makes the system recreate it.

If all else fails, delete the saved game FROM YOUR CONSOLE ONLY (I really can't stress that enough) and let the system recreate that from your cloud save.

Awesome!! Thank you so much!! It worked!!! I did do one thing differently though...I signed out of Xbox Live and started the game and then logged back in and it worked!!! Thank you for taking the time to help me!!!
  • Options
    johnnys267johnnys267 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I think I might be don't with this game. I really do enjoy playing and have spent a lot of time setting up my char, but the last two days I have been d/c 50 times. Cannot connect to server. Joined a pvp and was kicked four times and then when I signed on I was barred.fix your servers or loose another player
  • Options
    strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
    edited May 2015
    Added the Achievements issue to the list.

I understand "soon" is vague, but that's all I can give due to a variety of reasons. I'll update as soon as I can give a more specific date, but for now, these issues ARE getting worked on.

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
    Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
    Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

• Options
    edited May 2015

I understand "soon" is vague, but that's all I can give due to a variety of reasons. I'll update as soon as I can give a more specific date, but for now, these issues ARE getting worked on.

THANK YOU!!!! :cool::cool::cool::cool: I'm glad to know they're working on it.
  • Options
    iowastatecycloneiowastatecyclone Member Posts: 18
    edited May 2015

A BIG THANK YOU!

I know I've been as harsh as anyone regarding the lack of communication, but i want to say Thank You for this post. This is exactly the kind of thing we were looking for. I think most of us understand you cannot give specific dates on fixes -> but we like to know that our concerns are being addressed. Please keep this type of communication going, that's all I ask!!
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    A BIG THANK YOU!

I know I've been as harsh as anyone regarding the lack of communication, but i want to say Thank You for this post. This is exactly the kind of thing we were looking for. I think most of us understand you cannot give specific dates on fixes -> but we like to know that our concerns are being addressed. Please keep this type of communication going, that's all I ask!!

I agree. I'm glad staff is finally communicating with us as well. I was feeling a bit discouraged myself until I saw his post. :D
  • Options
    stercesderisedstercesderised Member Posts: 334 Arc User
    edited May 2015

Vote kick issue: To those bad bad people who kick party members for no reason, it's horrible and you should be ashamed. That being said, we are well aware and are going to fix it

Ok...really glad you all are working on a solution, but hope it isn't getting rid of vote kick.

From my experiences, the queue needs the capability to fill by class. Throwing two GFs or slotting two AC spec clerics in one group is just dumb. The community should be able to setup private and public queues for running dungeons as well.

Now...I have fallen victim to ****** guilds kicking me after grinding all the way through CN just because 3 of the group had a guildie DC log in ironically just before the boss. Another time the group was looking for a DC to run them through CN, we drop the boss, and next thing I know I'm back in protectors enclave before I get to roll on the drop. Both instances there were the suck and a waste of my time. Getting booted for a guildie sucks but comes with the gig when running solo. Getting booted before a loot roll is just straight up ****ed up, and sone type of assigned loot or ability to ensure all players who were in the fight when the boss drops fet a roll should be implemented.

On the flip side, I am really tired of CW or TR that feels the need to run ahead and pull whatever the hell they feel like (or go afk). We want the ability to kick in these instances, as well as cases where group composition isn't optimal. For public rooms I personally don't think there should ever be more than one class brought in unless the group queued together with multiple classes in mind.

I liken the Neverwinter community to shakedown street at the end of the day. Can be a a fairly ******y community at times, but there is some great times to be had as well. You just gave to be street smart and accept and/or avoid known risks such as trying to lone wolf your way into a tough instance...
  • Options
    ancojoancojo Member Posts: 253 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I was playing before and my game was really jerky, I would run so far then the character would just start juddering about running anyway it wanted, I got killed by dragon because I couldnt control my character! Was this just a bad connection or a game issue?
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    ancojo wrote: »
    I was playing before and my game was really jerky, I would run so far then the character would just start juddering about running anyway it wanted, I got killed by dragon because I couldnt control my character! Was this just a bad connection or a game issue?

That's called rubberbanding. It's a common problem that needs to be addressed as well.
  • Options
    georgeporge2georgeporge2 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2015

Vote kick issue: To those bad bad people who kick party members for no reason, it's horrible and you should be ashamed. That being said, we are well aware and are going to fix it ASAP.

omg, i was literally about to make a thread and rant about how the community of neverwinter is full of backstabbing scum, but i suppose that can be fixed. I have now been kicked out of over 6 (lost count) epic dungeons at the last boss after playing from start to finish, not gaining any loot from the smaller bosses. can you imagine how annoying that is? then even when I join just at the start and ask for people not to kick me, they do it anyway because its 'funny' or something. I dont understand how that can be funny, its litterally a way for that one kid to try and show off in front of his mates and try and make them laugh. I apologise for the rant but I have wasted countless hours, playing through dungeons then recieving no loot at the end and surely some people can relate to how pissed that can make you and to how generally annoying that can be. I greatly appreciate this fix but I actually cant stand those little rats who sit there kicking people for no reason. I have wasted too much time playing and getting nothing in reward (which is easily 8hrs+). Hopefully some can understand my frustration. I never post anything on forums (this is the first time I have posted anything on anything like this, ever) but this issue drove me to it, (ngl it was mainly anger) I needed some way to make this known, but it turns out it already is, so thank you for that, its by far the worst problem, but i think it still is an enjoyable game; this just needs to be fixed. ASAP, or I may actually lose my patience with the game.
This discussion has been closed.