test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Neverwinter Scheduled Maintenance - 5/28 7AM PDT (Pacific)

strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
edited May 2015 in General Discussion (PC)
Update 8:33 AM PDT: Maintenance is complete!

Neverwinter will have its scheduled maintenance tomorrow 5/28 at 7AM PDT for roughly two hours.

Patch notes can be viewed here:
http://bit.ly/1ck0vPc

We'll update this thread when maintenance is over.

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    jharlisjharlis Member Posts: 1
    edited May 2015
    So basically, the patch we were supposed to get last week?
    Please tell me you forgot to add content during your copy/paste >_>
  • Options
    lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    jharlis wrote: »
    So basically, the patch we were supposed to get last week?
    Please tell me you forgot to add content during your copy/paste >_>

Actually, the patch notes were updated today to add two more changes. Read the second post in the patch note thread.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • Options
    rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I just hope the issue with the double greaves in the Dread Ring shop was fixed in the build.
  • Options
    jharlisjharlis Member Posts: 1
    edited May 2015
    Actually, the patch notes were updated today to add two more changes. Read the second post in the patch note thread.
    • Resolved some cases where a companion or enchantment powers would multiply with themselves to deal more damage than intended.
    • Resolved a server disconnect that could occur when connecting to a PvP map in some cases.

This? You almost sounded ironic. Pretty much nothing compared to what players are expecting.
    Also, i don't get why you're still keeping that 1800 ilvl mini, make it 2,5 or even 3k.
    During mod 5 there were too many 10-12kgs players and thus we failed everytime.
    I'm not elitist, but then you shouldn't allow players to screw each others' runs.
    And i'm not even mentionning the afk ones.

This is disappointing.
    Where are the promised dungeons? You can't expect players to keep playing this game with so little content.
    I'm a paladin, i already finished every campaign.
    IwD/DR/Sharandar are done.
    I didn't get the 6/7th boons in ToD because well, linus.
    Seeing the changes to Tia and the feedback(ignored, once again) about the preview test i don't see myfself getting those 64 linus i need.
    On a positive note, i'm glad you're adressing the gearing issue for recent lvl 70 players.
    This is kinda late tho.
    And the RP not only dropping from Heralds is also a good thing >_>
    Players would be happy to hear about the old dungeons, dang, i'd even rejoice with a CLock Tower revamped.... We don't wanna hear about mod 7 or even 8 'till you really fix mod 6 issues...
    What about the bugged feats/enchants/exploits? no words on that except :
    "Oathbound Paladin: Aura of Solitude: This power now works as expected." ....

Maybe you think it's fun to let players 1-2shot dragons during Heralds run....
    Also you killed the xp grinding...
    700k xp to get an overflow reward is dumb + the rng on the rewards...
    2,8m xp to get 1 power point...
    Fix it!
  • Options
    rawlor9krawlor9k Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Assuming what is immediately on preview is what is hitting live tomorrow... sadly, I'm going to have to post exactly the same thing I've already posted:

You cannot buy the armor from the Dread Ring. None of the vendors gives the option.

Sharandar (Iliyanbruen) Helm & Feet do not give Hit Points. Checked on CW & GF.
    Edit: the Helm & Arms are also the same: They are both the Helm.

These extra armor sets are stepping stones into level 70 are a great move forward, but the currency required to buy them is fairly steep- especially when it comes to Sharandar. You are gated for about two weeks before you can even begin to aquire Iliyanbruen Blades.

Perhaps have a piece or two that has different purchasing requirements so someone can get at least that 1 or 2 pieces earlier. Require Gold Crescents instead of Iliyanbruen Blades and maybe 60 sparks instead of 100. These are "entry level" after all. They shouldn't all be more difficult to aquire than superior T1 gear from instance runs.

Suggestion: Just as the eternal gear scales, you should update the older equipment to do the same thing. For example, the Red Cap gear in Sharandar.

---

Something as obvious as "you cannot obtain an armor set you are advertising as new" and still release it a week+ later as new is... well... disappointing doesn't quite touch it.
  • Options
    niadanniadan Member Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    rawlor9k wrote: »
    Assuming what is immediately on preview is what is hitting live tomorrow... sadly, I'm going to have to post exactly the same thing I've already posted:

You cannot buy the armor from the Dread Ring. None of the vendors gives the option.

Sharandar (Iliyanbruen) Helm & Feet do not give Hit Points. Checked on CW & GF.
    Edit: the Helm & Arms are also the same: They are both the Helm.

These extra armor sets are stepping stones into level 70 are a great move forward, but the currency required to buy them is fairly steep- especially when it comes to Sharandar. You are gated for about two weeks before you can even begin to aquire Iliyanbruen Blades.

Perhaps have a piece or two that has different purchasing requirements so someone can get at least that 1 or 2 pieces earlier. Require Gold Crescents instead of Iliyanbruen Blades and maybe 60 sparks instead of 100. These are "entry level" after all. They shouldn't all be more difficult to aquire than superior T1 gear from instance runs.

Suggestion: Just as the eternal gear scales, you should update the older equipment to do the same thing. For example, the Red Cap gear in Sharandar.

---

Something as obvious as "you cannot obtain an armor set you are advertising as new" and still release it a week+ later as new is... well... disappointing doesn't quite touch it.

You can purchase the new armour through the campaign store.
  • Options
    lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    jharlis wrote: »
    Resolved some cases where a companion or enchantment powers would multiply with themselves to deal more damage than intended.
    • Resolved a server disconnect that could occur when connecting to a PvP map in some cases.

Maybe you think it's fun to let players 1-2shot dragons during Heralds run....

Just in case you hadn't noticed, the bolded fix addresses that issue. Simply because it was not exactly phrased as specifically addressing that matter doesn't mean it didn't. They're not going to outright say "fixed such and such exploit".
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • Options
    vinceent1vinceent1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,264 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    and what about abilities that deal much less damage than intended, what about make whole class hunter ranger playable even again? priority???
  • Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Hr
    Armor pen still not working on many powers, particulary on thorned roots.
    Swiftness of the fox and forestbound still do not reduce cooldowns of charges refill for encounters.
    Still no words on possible changes of their dodges.... thats really important..these dodges are not dodges for not american players.

Good patch overall... the same of last week tho
  • Options
    arabaturarabatur Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 778 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    •Oathbound Paladin: Aura of Solitude: This power now works as expected.

So when will Sanctuary works as expected?
    Definitely not an Arc User.
  • Options
    mushmyster6869mushmyster6869 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Hey Strumslinger I have a quick question for you do you have any clue when the justice tree and the cap stone mainly "vengeful Judge" for the pally will be fix mainly the cap stone right now it is unfairly cooling down my daily power and my artifact powers by 35% which I don't think you guys wanted it to because it is very unfair on other players and it isn't written that way on the tooltip. I have such an advantage over other players because of this my artifact and daily are almost always up cause of this bug.....Thank you for your time
  • Options
    kaedennnkaedennn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 361 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    graalx3 wrote: »
    Aspect of the Serpent has been fixed and will be out to you guys soon.

where is the "soon" fix for HR aspect of the serpent ????? :mad:
  • Options
    lking73lking73 Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    niadan wrote: »

just went to preview with my GWF and CW and the armor is NOT avaliable in the DR
  • Options
    query523query523 Member Posts: 1,515 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    "Classes and Balance

Oathbound Paladin: Aura of Solitude: This power now works as expected."

So hr's are still screwed? No AoS fix? you know you broke it two patches ago? Right???
  • Options
    rawlor9krawlor9k Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    niadan wrote: »

In Dread Ring on Preview right now? If you can please screenshot it and specify what class you are using. Because for myself and everyone else who has logged into Preview and gone to DR and checked all of the vendors there is no option to buy the armor.
  • Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Strum what about gold seller spam? is a language filter in work?
  • Options
    msrebel1972msrebel1972 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Still not addressed is the difficulty of solo-questing in the level 70 zones; with the exception of Tiamat. Even with level 70 gear, I cannot step out of the campfire without getting killed. Dailies are impossible to do for a solo character and companion in DR, Sharandar or IWD. There is literally nothing that can be accomplished in game other than invoking and refining. Does not make for an enjoyable gaming experience.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Still not addressed is the difficulty of solo-questing in the level 70 zones; with the exception of Tiamat. Even with level 70 gear, I cannot step out of the campfire without getting killed. Dailies are impossible to do for a solo character and companion in DR, Sharandar or IWD. There is literally nothing that can be accomplished in game other than invoking and refining. Does not make for an enjoyable gaming experience.

The new ilvl 120 gear from campaign stores in DR and Shar should help you in that respect after the patch.
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • Options
    doumweielledoumweielle Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I hope u all eventually manage to fix the problem with the dread legion skirmish or at least fix the fact that its almost impossible to get a good transmute I havnt found one yet and ive got 4 alts at lvl 70 and none of them have gotten the thayan zealot bow or any other transmute from dreadring the only transmutes ive gotten are for another class and I cant use them or are hideous. All the good transmutes are like impossible to get unless uve been playing this game for a year or more. ive worked my *** off I feel like weapon transmutes should be more readily available for all players. and u all say by doing phantasmal fortress u get these transmutes but ive done all of the dread ring mini dungeons at least 30 times each and ive got squat outta it except a white pearl each time which is basically usless to me and my lvl like really ? make the game challenging not freaking impossible to get to where u wanna be. I cant go poor in real life trying to up my character in neverwinter life lol like seriously
  • Options
    daggon87daggon87 Member Posts: 288 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    magenubbie wrote: »
    K, so now you're saying you do have the gear to complete the campaigns ... I really don't get what you're trying to say ...

The way I see it is that the new ilvl120 gear is something to get after (or when) completing your first campaigns (Sharandar and Dread ring) before going to more difficult places like Icewind Dale and Well of Dragons. Then it will be time to go for epic gear ... Or not, because epic gear is not exactly worth the effort yet.

It's an intermediary step between the first easy campaigns we agreed are not difficult at all, and the more difficult ones. So it's a good thing.
    Olaf, freelance guardian fighter.
    Enorla, Oh so devoted cleric.
  • Options
    shadowken03shadowken03 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    So.... I just downloaded this game, patched, and in start I was not able to get past through the Cryptic Loading Screen.
    Found on forums, I need to enable Safe mode everytime because #Bugs.
    Now, I enabled Safe mode, but suddenly got another patch started.
    Later got chance to start game.
    But on Login Screen it gets stuck on "Connecting to Login server. Please wait..."
    So, is the game still under maintenance or what?
    Moreover, can't make a thread because new account.

#BestFirstExperienceEver.
  • Options
    mistressphoenixmistressphoenix Member Posts: 369 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Maintenance doesn't end for another 45min.
  • Options
    daggon87daggon87 Member Posts: 288 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Maintenance started as planned 1:20 hours ago, and it's supposed to take 2 hours to complete. Why are you posting here without even reading basic informations in OP ?
    Olaf, freelance guardian fighter.
    Enorla, Oh so devoted cleric.
  • Options
    lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I hope u all eventually manage to fix the problem with the dread legion skirmish or at least fix the fact that its almost impossible to get a good transmute I havnt found one yet and ive got 4 alts at lvl 70 and none of them have gotten the thayan zealot bow or any other transmute from dreadring the only transmutes ive gotten are for another class and I cant use them or are hideous. All the good transmutes are like impossible to get unless uve been playing this game for a year or more. ive worked my *** off I feel like weapon transmutes should be more readily available for all players. and u all say by doing phantasmal fortress u get these transmutes but ive done all of the dread ring mini dungeons at least 30 times each and ive got squat outta it except a white pearl each time which is basically usless to me and my lvl like really ? make the game challenging not freaking impossible to get to where u wanna be. I cant go poor in real life trying to up my character in neverwinter life lol like seriously

You were badly misinformed. DR skirmish awards Turmian weapon enchants. Currently the Thayan Zealot gear is unobtainable until the patch drops, then you will only be ablew to purchase same-look helm, chest, arms and legs. No weapons will be available that I know of. And on that subject: why the hell would you want that fugly Thayan Zealot appearance? It looks like an upside-down harp that was burnt to a crisp.
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • Options
    myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
    edited May 2015

Dailies are not impossible - many people are doing them. They are definitely harder and require more skill than before (dodging and blocking are necessary for sure). They also require modifying your selected encounter and daily powers, so give that some thought as well.
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
  • Options
    blorkvonlubbblorkvonlubb Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    myowmyow wrote: »
    Dailies are not impossible - many people are doing them. They are definitely harder and require more skill than before (dodging and blocking are necessary for sure). They also require modifying your selected encounter and daily powers, so give that some thought as well.

Yeah this. I'm able to run through solo daily quests with my CW, HR and TR in both DR and Sharandar. IWD is still pretty lethal for me though. I've definitely had to rethink my strategy and have started using different encounter powers though. If I'm pressed for time I might join up with someone else -- it's really not hard to get one other person to run quests with -- but DR and Sharandar are definitely soloable.