test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Professions lvl 25

alexsarrufalexsarruf Member Posts: 27 Arc User
edited May 2015 in General Discussion (PC)
Guys, i need a good reason to increase my professions from level 20 to 25, and i cant find any. Unlock slots is the only reason i can think to level it to 20 anyway.
Post edited by alexsarruf on

Comments

• burkaancburkaanc Member Posts: 2,186 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    nope there isnt any unless you want smth from lvl 25 like upgrading rings or smth like that
    Paladin Master Race
  • suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Leadership 25 => mucho rough AD. But that comes by itself, from running LS tasks, eventually.
    Jewelcrafting 25 => double-slot personalized rings (less rewarding than in Mod5 Lvl 20, but still, an additional socket)
    Armor crafting 25 => Lvl 70 underwear, but only with a high tool asset investment to get Gemmed Purple. Then, though, it's an AD mint...

Alchemy... ...well, currently this can even be profitable, but I strongly suspect the market for Unified Elements will gradually collapse...

Artificing/Weaponsmithing are currently totally obsolete at any level.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited May 2015

I like the visuals of crafted short swords and greataxes so Weaponsmithing is still like 5% worthwhile for me to have levelled up to I think 16 on one character!
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • alexsarrufalexsarruf Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Yeah, my Leadership is on the way (slowly) to lvl 25, and the rings are the only obvious reason for crafting stuff professions. Underwear is not a reason, because tools price are... discouraging. And unified elements are a good sell for ADs, but that is not Leadership job?
  • aulduronaulduron Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,351 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    You don't need purple assets for the 2-slotted rings?
  • myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Leadership 25 => mucho rough AD. But that comes by itself, from running LS tasks, eventually.
    Jewelcrafting 25 => double-slot personalized rings (less rewarding than in Mod5 Lvl 20, but still, an additional socket)
    Armor crafting 25 => Lvl 70 underwear, but only with a high tool asset investment to get Gemmed Purple. Then, though, it's an AD mint...

Alchemy... ...well, currently this can even be profitable, but I strongly suspect the market for Unified Elements will gradually collapse...

Great summary, and right on target! :)
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
    edited May 2015
    aulduron wrote: »
    You don't need purple assets for the 2-slotted rings?

No, personalizing items has no tiered results, thus no chance to fail.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• yyrkoonstyphoonyyrkoonstyphoon Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 231 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    No, personalizing items has no tiered results, thus no chance to fail.

While the personalized double slotted rings have not tiers, the component needed to make them does - you need the gem slotted version, i.e. some purple tools and expect a failure or 3...
    edited May 2015
    I am quite happy to let someone else eat the failures for gemmed shirts, pants, and rings while I buy their successes. There is no need to invest in your own set of tools if you don't want to be bothered.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• carrytiexcarrytiex Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    The bump to level 25 is bad for us imo. You can get 'better' kits and stuff but for example leadership, that now takes twice the amount of time to get more or less the same amount of pre leadership nerf, while levelling you're gonna miss out on AD efficiency though. It's just a way to get us to take more time for no extra reward. Of course there are exceptions if you craft just once a day then you can make more eventually. Some shirts/pants at the 200k ad are what I can't be bothered crafting anymore. It costs 110k to make a shirt, some failures sell for 27k AD which is a HUGE loss. Alchemy takes too long although slightly profitable I'd rather not bother, though maybe I will start, but it could easily not be worth the time in future, Crafting it earlier would have been bad considering the price would have fell before you completed crafting. The weapon crafting professions are pointless, but I'm glad about that because I don't want to maintain that on every character I have. Black ice costs so much to upgrade for a few minor stats, and whos to say nothing better will come out next module that requires less effort. The rings are arguably fine, but we know how weaponsmithing/artificing went, artifact rings could come at any time. There are the armour and jewel kits, though they're pretty expensive for something that disappears when you want to upgrade and you can buy from others.

All in all I would've preferred it without the level increase or for us to get more actual benefits. A lot of professions are ignorable, but leadership in large numbers makes a decent amount. The bummer that it needs a long time and big numbers to really count.
    edited May 2015
    All my characters that had been at Leadership 20 had it ranked up to 25 within a month (9 slots running Adventurers; allow longer accordingly). If you're able to get in 5 invokes on a level 70 character, that's now 3k AD up from 2k (the 6th invoke has the bonus coin but no AD). I make marginally less from Leadership on some days and more on others; basically it hinges on whether or not diamond shipments/bandit leader pops up both morning and evening or not. Managing Leadership while still making a fair bit of AD takes far less time due to changing out tasks less frequently. And I really quite like the thaumaturgic bags because it takes almost no time to deal with their contents when I opt to open those in bulk.

Leadership 25 Rotation for Adventurers:
    3x Battle Elemental Cultists changed for Guard Young Noble, repeat infinite (can Patrol Mines for the short task if low on claims)
    3x Destroy Enemy Camp twice if it will end early enough to change before bed *or* Destroy Enemy Camp followed by Protect Magical Goods Market (Capture Bandit Leader if available), or whatever is going to end at a good time for you
    3x float... whatever's going to net you good AD, or the type of refinement material you need most, or that you've got the resources for, or use these slots to work on some other profession entirely; let your needs and schedule determine what you do here

Neverwinter Census 2017

edited May 2015
    All my characters that had been at Leadership 20 had it ranked up to 25 within a month (9 slots running Adventurers; allow longer accordingly). If you're able to get in 5 invokes on a level 70 character, that's now 3k AD up from 2k (the 6th invoke has the bonus coin but no AD). I make marginally less from Leadership on some days and more on others; basically it hinges on whether or not diamond shipments/bandit leader pops up both morning and evening or not. Managing Leadership while still making a fair bit of AD takes far less time due to changing out tasks less frequently. And I really quite like the thaumaturgic bags because it takes almost no time to deal with their contents when I opt to open those in bulk.

Leadership 25 Rotation for Adventurers:
    3x Battle Elemental Cultists changed for Guard Young Noble, repeat infinite (can Patrol Mines for the short task if low on claims)
    3x Destroy Enemy Camp twice if it will end early enough to change before bed *or* Destroy Enemy Camp followed by Protect Magical Goods Market (Capture Bandit Leader if available), or whatever is going to end at a good time for you
    3x float... whatever's going to net you good AD, or the type of refinement material you need most, or that you've got the resources for, or use these slots to work on some other profession entirely; let your needs and schedule determine what you do here

Wow! My highest toons are just hitting level 22 Leadership, but I am unable to play at all of the opportune times to take maximum advantage of changing tasks . . .
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
    edited May 2015
    I sit on a computer all day and can access Gateway. My husband only has computer access evenings and weekends but is also a Gateway-er. He was a few weeks behind me for getting all of his up to 25 Leadership. It goes way faster when you get the final training task available and if you can change tasks often, even faster with Guard Young Noble.

This was all done while still cycling Enemy Camps and taking Diamond Shipments when available and would have actually gone faster without those.

Neverwinter Census 2017

edited May 2015
    I sit on a computer all day and can access Gateway. My husband only has computer access evenings and weekends but is also a Gateway-er. He was a few weeks behind me for getting all of his up to 25 Leadership. It goes way faster when you get the final training task available and if you can change tasks often, even faster with Guard Young Noble.

Yep, that makes sense. I have been going for AD gain over Leadership XP most of the time. That makes progression much slower, obviously. :)

I also use Gateway at work for a one-time task update in the middle of the day, but can rarely use Gateway or login to the game in evenings after work due to countless responsibilities.