test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Charging in Firefox

sasagerusasageru Member Posts: 269 Arc User
edited June 2015 in Bug Reports (PC)
Tried to charge today, got the following error upon selecting my preferred payment method:
Secure Connection Failed

An error occurred during a connection to www.arcgames.com. Cannot communicate securely with peer: no common encryption algorithm(s). (Error code: ssl_error_no_cypher_overlap)

I also get this error when trying to login on the main neverwinter website pages and when trying to check for support at the support centre.

I'm using firefox version 38.0.1 and currently have all add-ons that may effect browsing turned off to insure its not them. I'm guessing its firefox since I beleive this is the same issue we were having with gateway before the update to it.

Anyone know a fix for it other than swapping browsers?

FIXED!
Ok so it was a browswer related issue due to a recent update. Reverting back to an older version of firefox worked and since then the issue has been resolved on the most updated firefox. Also, another work around was to purchase through arc itself as it runs like its own browser when doing so.
DPS Rogue | Heal/Buff Cleric

Post edited by sasageru on

Comments

• zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited May 2015
    I am using 38.0.1 also and didn't have any problems with the Charge process just now. I also use Firefox for my Moderator duties, of which the site and forum haven't had this issue yet (just Gateway in the past). However, I have been getting "Secure Connection Failed" on various sites, sporadically over the past few days. Perhaps Mozilla needs to do an update.

In any case, when Firefox fails on me for something, I load Chrome and last resort is IE11. I'd try again and if it continues, try Chrome or Internet Explorer. If it happens on either of those, you may wish to contact Support for their advice.
  • bajornorbertbajornorbert Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 272 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    It's caused by your antivirus. Most antiviruses nowadays have an option called HTTPS/SSL scanning/protection or something similar, what that does is it replaces the SSL certificate of the website with a self-signed SSL certificate issued by your antivirus, which will cause most HTTPS sites to stop functioning. Disable that option and everything will be working fine.