test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Terrible Experience

mmmsquirtmmmsquirt Member Posts: 9 Arc User
The kicking system in this game is the worst game mechanic ever created.
I cannot properly queue for any dungeon because the game server times out all the time.
There is a grotesque imbalance in PVP. PVP is fun however, if there are no trickster rogues.
Only two PVP maps and only one game type.
These are all game-breaking experiences and I hope the developers listen to our feedback.
Post edited by mmmsquirt on

Comments

• spyg0atspyg0at Member Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Yeah! I mean, we paid so much for this game and...oh...wait..never mind.
    2.5K DC PVP & PVE <Q-Snipe>
  • mmmsquirtmmmsquirt Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Actually, majority of players I have met through the game have paid $20+
    edited May 2015
    What is shocking though is that the game has the same amount of issues as any other triple A game title that has been released that costs $60
  • alisi1alisi1 Member Posts: 366 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I love the people who think this game is free and runs on fairy dust.
  • gaanjaa81gaanjaa81 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    spyg0at wrote: »

FTP game from a well funded company = no excuse
    Devoted cleric rule number one = We cant cure stupidity so no heals for fools ^.^
    edited May 2015
    alisi1 wrote: »
    I love the people who think this game is free and runs on fairy dust.

If you put the work in you can get anything you want, you don't have to spend real dollars. No fairy dust, just hard work.
    edited May 2015
    yeah there really is no excuse for it. I am honestly surprised that Microsoft has this game available in their store
  • alisi1alisi1 Member Posts: 366 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    If you put the work in you can get anything you want, you don't have to spend real dollars. No fairy dust, just hard work.

Of course you can. That just means you're taking a free ride on those who pay to keep the game alive. I'm not begrudging the broke people who do it, just don't pretend it's really free when it's not.
  • maskedmenaceukmaskedmenaceuk Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I agree with almost all of this. I am completely bemused at the vote kick system still not being altered or removed yet. This is the key reason you are losing players and customers. Sometimes you miss almost the whole dungeon delves hour by being kicked either as soon as you have joined or even worse at the end after you have wasted so much time. The timing out during peak times I can live with, it happens in all games and will happen at times no matter how good your servers are but for you to allow anyone to decide who can play what and when is outrageous. 95% of the time it is the worst player on the team initiating the kick, the majority of good players just battle on.

It is that bad that I have been basically forced to create a different character from the one I want to play as. I want to play as my GWF but its nearly impossible unless I endure 20-50 attempts at queuing. I ended up making a cleric just so I can actually play the dungeons. To allow the main feature of the game to continue like this would be foolish, at present it is definately a top contender for the worst game mechanic ever. You have created a great game and the simplest of things totally ruins it and is making your game a laughing stock. I know these comments may seem harsh but its my honest opinion and I know many others feel the same. Despite what some moderators on here believe all companies are open to public criticism, and yes you can remove comments if you choose to I understand that but your customers should be entitled to there say without being accused of flaming and making unfounded claims etc. There not unfounded, play your game. Its happening bad

Pvp could be so much better. I really enjoyed it at first but after around a month of playing the same 2 maps atleast 4 times a day it gets very boring. You need to do something to change it up a little. Many players just dont play it anymore, I have maybe 1 or 2 matches a day because it is fun fighting the other players but the lack of variety spoils it. The Tr one hit kill is also very annoying, my Gwf just flops to the floor in an instant but its not massively game breaking I dont think, they are very easy to kill when they have no stealth left so its not that bad

I hope this is taken on, I really enjoy playing the game when I can play. These minor changes can make a massive difference to the game. All the best

and yes I have also spent £20gbp +
    edited May 2015
    yeah man, the time it takes to get a good group of people is outrageous. When i woke up this morning it took me 50 minutes to find one group to do the pirate king dungeon. Unbelievable
  • mrdurvamrdurva Member Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    mmmsquirt wrote: »
    yeah there really is no excuse for it. I am honestly surprised that Microsoft has this game available in their store

LOL this game has less problems with over a month since it's release than Defiance does and that has been out for over 2 years
    edited May 2015
    More money more problems dog hahah
  • telprydaintelprydain Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    They are fixing it.
    There is a thread for this over here: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?897101-Vote-Kicking-Feedback-Thread/page47
    Casual Gamers
    Join us brothers and sisters and distant relations and confused onlookers.
    Join us in the shadows where we stand mostly vigilant... although slightly distracted by our inventories.
    "In war, unqualified. In peace, disorganised. In death, mild irritation."

JOIN US.
  • getphazedgetphazed Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    gaanjaa81 wrote: »
    FTP game from a well funded company = no excuse

Lol if they have no excuse then what about all the popular mmorpg with massive budgets and backing with more bugs than neverwinter at release?
  • csk41csk41 Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Because of the queue system I have to run with at least three guild members. I tried running a pick up group while waiting for my guild mates to get there dallies done, I got kicked from the PUG because a dagger dropped from the second boss and I was the only TR. Kicked on the second boss in frozen hart! That to me tells me this is getting way out of hand. If you are a solo player, or only have one friend then I feel your pain, with this very unfair queue system.

It's sad when ever you see a HR come in game and spam, "please don't kick", over and over.
  • bossmchoggbossmchogg Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2015

Maybe you are a freeloader, but some of us have put money into it because we understand that the game creators also like to have luxuries such as food. If you enjoy a game that is "free to play" why not throw the creator a pack of biscuits to eat?
  • strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
    edited May 2015
    Hey guys,
    I hear your frustrations. It's frustrating for me, as well. I've really made this the point of any community-related discussions I have with the devs, who assure us that it's being worked on. So for now, let's just cross our fingers and hope this is fixed ASAP.

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
    Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
    Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

• harley051947harley051947 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I completely agree this needs to be fixed
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I had to take a hard look at the date of this post since this comment is regarding making a group for "Pirate King Dungeon", I hope this was an oversight by the poster since this dungeon is one of many disabled since Mod 6 came out.

This is from the xbox version which isn't on module 6 yet so none of their dungeons are disabled at the moment ( none that I'm aware of anyway)
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • arabaturarabatur Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 778 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    This issue has plagued the PC since it's release, with no sight of a resolution as of yet. I wouldn't hold your breath expecting the Xbox to get a workable solution either.
    Definitely not an Arc User.
  • quebraregraquebraregra Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I'm on my third character, when he reaches lvl 60 I will be DONE with this game for the foreseeable future as the queuing/kick system as currently implemented makes the game unplayable. There will be no further investment from me.

I can't completely blame PW/CRYPTIC, etc., it's the XBOX community that is abusing this feature beyond what was intended. It does however ruin the game, and if what our PC brethren have said is true, then I fear for the solution (if ever).

.02 cents given.
  • strictlyevilstrictlyevil Member Posts: 338 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    People should just be more sociable. I've never been kicked from a single dungeon since I started playing and I farm dungeons daily. Joining a guild or just making enough friends to always have a few online will completely fix the problem for you when you're running groups. A simple post to one of the many guild threads on the guild recruitment forum can fix this issue for you the same day in most cases. This is a multiplayer game so these people that say "Oh I'm a lone wolf" are just complaining about something that they shouldn't be having issues with in the first place. If you're a lone wolf playing a mmo based on teamwork then you're just not playing the right game. I'd say The Witcher 3 would be your best bet.
    Ancient 18.8k CW | Ancient Heals 18k DC | Ancient Tank 22.2k GF | GT: XGC Army
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • greatg1gintheskygreatg1ginthesky Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    People should just be more sociable. I've never been kicked from a single dungeon since I started playing and I farm dungeons daily. Joining a guild or just making enough friends to always have a few online will completely fix the problem for you when you're running groups. A simple post to one of the many guild threads on the guild recruitment forum can fix this issue for you the same day in most cases. This is a multiplayer game so these people that say "Oh I'm a lone wolf" are just complaining about something that they shouldn't be having issues with in the first place. If you're a lone wolf playing a mmo based on teamwork then you're just not playing the right game. I'd say The Witcher 3 would be your best bet.

Don't you get it? If you HAVE TO join a guild to be able to run dungeons, then something is wrong. THAT IS THE POINT.
    Yes, you can have perfect runs with guildmates and friends, we get that.. but if you're saying that you've never been kicked whilst running entirely with randoms, then I fail to believe you.

It's ok saying "join a guild, it solves everything"... that is not the point. The point is, running with randoms/PUG groups is broken because of the kick feature. It's that simple. You shouldn't have to join a guild to complete runs with randoms.
    edited May 2015
    bossmchogg wrote: »
    Maybe you are a freeloader, but some of us have put money into it because we understand that the game creators also like to have luxuries such as food. If you enjoy a game that is "free to play" why not throw the creator a pack of biscuits to eat?

All of you assume I did not pay for anything. I have spent over $60 on the game. Everyone cries about everything. You all must lead a charmed existence if this is all you have to <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> and moan about.

Enjoy your game!
  • kestrelhawkerkestrelhawker Member Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    As a player that has been kicked out of A- freaking-lot of dungeons for whatever reason, I have to agree with the majority of the sentiment in this thread. It is not great, it can really eat up a night of doing nothing, and people abuse it. However, if your argument is “I should not have to make friends in a Massive Multiplayer Online Roleplaying Game to make it anywhere in that world” then I have to welcome you to the world of MMOs and let you know that this is how it works. They are designed to be a social experience. Proof? They have made it hard to actually solo a dungeon, whenever you do a skirmish, dungeon, and PVP they put you into a group and if you leave that group you are removed from the instance. If it was meant to be solo’d through EVERYthing they the devs would have created a way to make that happen. PUGs are PUGs sometimes you get a good bunch, sometimes you get a bad bunch... but that’s why they are PUGs... Go out there, make some friends, getting upset at the Devs because vote to kick is in the game in lieu of taking steps to make sure you aren’t a victim of it any longer is kind of crazy, the Devs have so many bigger fish to go after at the moment ... The game is so much better when you are running around with a group of likeminded people... Instead of sitting there in silence in a darkroom... Where the sun can’t get to you… Come into the light Carole Anne.
  • greatg1gintheskygreatg1ginthesky Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    As a player that has been kicked out of A- freaking-lot of dungeons for whatever reason, I have to agree with the majority of the sentiment in this thread. It is not great, it can really eat up a night of doing nothing, and people abuse it. However, if your argument is “I should not have to make friends in a Massive Multiplayer Online Roleplaying Game to make it anywhere in that world” then I have to welcome you to the world of MMOs and let you know that this is how it works. They are designed to be a social experience. Proof? They have made it hard to actually solo a dungeon, whenever you do a skirmish, dungeon, and PVP they put you into a group and if you leave that group you are removed from the instance. If it was meant to be solo’d through EVERYthing they the devs would have created a way to make that happen. PUGs are PUGs sometimes you get a good bunch, sometimes you get a bad bunch... but that’s why they are PUGs... Go out there, make some friends, getting upset at the Devs because vote to kick is in the game in lieu of taking steps to make sure you aren’t a victim of it any longer is kind of crazy, the Devs have so many bigger fish to go after at the moment ... The game is so much better when you are running around with a group of likeminded people... Instead of sitting there in silence in a darkroom... Where the sun can’t get to you… Come into the light Carole Anne.

I get what you're saying, and I completely agree that they are a better experience when played with others.. the social aspect, and the 'MMO' part, I completely get it, and agree.

What I can't agree with is where you say "getting upset at the Devs because vote to kick is in the game in lieu of taking steps to make sure you aren’t a victim of it any longer is kind of crazy".

The steps you speak of are to only play with friends/guildmates (they are the only steps that would work.. right?)... in which case, they should just remove PUG groups altogether using that logic? The fact that there ARE PUG groups, and that when using that system you get booted continuously, means that that system is broken/not working as intended. You can't blame the player for not 'taking steps to avoid it', it's the devs duty to spot that the system is broken and fix it. Therein lies the problem. IF we as players are expected to take steps to avoid it, then they may just aswell remove the option to run with randoms.
  • kestrelhawkerkestrelhawker Member Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I get what you're saying, and I completely agree that they are a better experience when played with others.. the social aspect, and the 'MMO' part, I completely get it, and agree.

What I can't agree with is where you say "getting upset at the Devs because vote to kick is in the game in lieu of taking steps to make sure you aren’t a victim of it any longer is kind of crazy".

The steps you speak of are to only play with friends/guildmates (they are the only steps that would work.. right?)... in which case, they should just remove PUG groups altogether using that logic? The fact that there ARE PUG groups, and that when using that system you get booted continuously, means that that system is broken/not working as intended. You can't blame the player for not 'taking steps to avoid it', it's the devs duty to spot that the system is broken and fix it. Therein lies the problem. IF we as players are expected to take steps to avoid it, then they may just aswell remove the option to run with randoms.

Awesome points , however, when living in a bad neighborhood do you:
    a) Continuously leave yourself open to attack or victimization?
    b) Figure out how to survive?

We all know that the problem is one part a system conceived with the best intentions one part a community that has bastardized it into a festering wound for everyone who plays. And maybe they can take steps to improve the issue.

Maybe it should show us the classes that are already in an instance before we choose to take a shot. That would be helpful. They really should change the number of votes it take to kick , like maybe all or nothing, I know there have been plenty of times where I’ve chosen to not kick and that person still gets kicked.

I really just think if you give this game money or not you should take an active role in improving your own experience, and though this part of the game is not good at all, it’s still your time , it’s still your money , it’s still your responsibility to make sure you make the best use of both. Frankly making friends and running with people in a guild is the best way, with the current system to make sure you make the best of your personal resources.

In short, yes the system is broken, yes it should be fixed/modified/changed, but…. You get it, I think .
  • pufpuffpasspufpuffpass Member Posts: 88
    edited May 2015
    Eh, I like that. If you live in a bad neighborhood analogy. That was good. Except I live in a bad neighborhood. House has been broken into, been jumped. But you know what, in the real world like the analogy you chose to use, people take care of the problems. You know, the police, government, mayors, town officials, etc. If I get into a fight, no biggie. But if someone comes into my house, that I paid money for, where my valuables are, and ruin my day/experience, I'd call the cops. That's what they are there for. Duh.

In this game, the bullies are the trolls that abuse the V2K system. The cops, that's PW. So I uphold my end, download a F2P game, invest my time and my money into it. But guess what happens when my experience is ruined....nothing. I gave them my money so they can eat as some have suggested, and nothing. I would be happy with a simple, "we are working on a fix, sorry guys". But no. The people who get V2K all the time do not get a fix, not even any info. But most of us has paid money if I'm judging by the forums. So what gives?

On the topic that alot of people retort with "join a guild, get friends". Really guys?!? Yes its a MMO, but that doesn't mean you should HAVE to use the buddy system to go into a dungeon. But let me ask you guys, how do you make friends in a game? Oh right, you do pugs. Its how you meet new people. So let me load one up...oh right. I'm a GWF, which is not a top desired class, and even though I usually top the boards in dps and damage taken, I still get kicked 9/10 times.

Sure, join a clan. Needing to join a clan to do basic dungeons.....!!!????????!!!!!! I should want to join a clan, not join one hastily sp I can play the games end game to just gear up for more endgame. I don't want to find a clan on forums(no offense). Anything can look good if you write it out, I'd rather pug and be invited or watch clan guys work. I hastily joined three seperate clans to try n dungeon it up, didn't like any. I have played MMOs before, and in each one I did not NEED a clan.

Also, on the "omg its F2P get over yourself" arguements. Again, really?!? This game would not survive as a subscription game. Period. I've seen other F2P games on Xbox that have the same features only better. Get real with that argument. This game has been out i think for what, 2 years?? Look at PvP. No, not rogues. There are 2 maps, and one gametype. 2 years in this games life, and two maps...............lol. The spurts of lag that leave you wondering if you will die before the game has stopped freezing is horrible.

Stevie Wonder could see that this game has so much potential, yet it seems the problems keep stacking up, we get events all week instead of fixes. No word on the issues that plague the Xbox side, none. In this day an age, leaving consumers in the dark and only talking when its event time or no patch on this maintenance is completley unacceptable. I have paid my money, quite a bit to be honest, yet I'm left wondering if the devs care, or if there will ever be a fix.

I truly don't believe that the V2K system and the chat is causing people to quit. I honestly believe its the complete lack of costumer service, the lack of acknowledging that the problems are serious, and a lack of no announcments on the fixes for them is what's causing people to leave. Especially when the community has come up with so many great ideas. But the fact is, this is an old game, as in ut may be new to console, but its lifespan is older then the Xbox one itself.

Sorry for the long post/rant. I keep coming back to this game because I love it, but at the same time, I hate it so much. Please devs, screw the events, take a break from fixes and give us, the consumers of your product, the people that keep your lights on as well as giving you steady income, the people that give your game life, tell us what's going on. These problems are serious, maybe not for everyone, but for some these problems are game breaking.
  • gaanjaa81gaanjaa81 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Awesome points , however, when living in a bad neighborhood do you:
    a) Continuously leave yourself open to attack or victimization?
    b) Figure out how to survive?

or c) move to a different neighborhood.

(which is exactly what i will do when a new/different mmo comes to xbox)
    Devoted cleric rule number one = We cant cure stupidity so no heals for fools ^.^
  • wanderingkyngwanderingkyng Member Posts: 280 Arc User
    edited May 2015

THIS is exactly the issue. X-box players are single-player instant-gratification junkies that are upset they can't play alone without their friends without occasionally being unceremoniously removed from a dungeon group. Join a guild, make some friends, invite your group to party chat once in a while... all this complaining is from people that don't understand how to play an MMORPG.