test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Please randomize the rewards from invoking a little

rhoriangelusrhoriangelus Member Posts: 703 Arc User
edited May 2015 in Player Feedback (PC)
So. As we all know by now, the fourth blessing of invocation gives some kind of random refinement stone. The problem is, while this seems to be random to an individual character, they get the exact same stone every single day, and the quality of this reward varies wildly. My characters have gotten everything from green marks to blue marks to green resonance stones, but they always get the exact same one every day.

This results in my main getting the same Minor Stability Stone every single day I invoke while he has NO stability artifacts, and one of my random other alts I never play much getting a green Lesser Resonance Stone every day. He has a stack of them bound to him and he doesn't even have artifact gear to refine.

And for that matter. How about binding them to account so if we do have a character who keeps getting things that are useless for them, we can shift them over to a character who can actually use them? I have tons of character-bound refining stones I can't use and can't move to someone else.
Post edited by rhoriangelus on

Comments

• Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I'd prefer to see the loot table on these reduced to nothing but thaumaturgic and resonance stones. The fact that you *can* get these items, and green ones at that, means that every character that's locked into anything-but is pretty much getting ripped off on a daily basis, because they never have a chance at getting anything useful.

I don't need character-bound green marks and I don't need character-bound artifact RP. I have plenty of sources of these that aren't restricted by having a bound status.

An invoke alt can at least eventually dump their resonance stones into the level 70 artifact off-hand. Maybe not optimal, but I'd view it as a fair trade for not being saddled with piles of trash.

On the subject of randomized rewards, since I started a paladin, I've realized that not only do you get the same potion from your invokes the entire time you're within a tier, you get the same variety of potion forever. If you get Elixir of Reflexes, then you're getting that all the way from minor to superior. It never changes.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    burkaancburkaanc Member Posts: 2,186 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    that would waste more inventory space though, maybe just give aquamarine
    Paladin Master Race
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Well for me, I have 3 characters who get nothing but minor Stability stones, and none of them have stability artifacts. The remaining characters get nothing but random minor thaumaturgic and artifact stones. Not one resonance stone and not a single green or blue stone.

So from my point of view, random can only be an improvement. I'm quite certain that this also means I win the boobie prize for rotten luck.
  • Options
    rhoriangelusrhoriangelus Member Posts: 703 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    On the subject of randomized rewards, since I started a paladin, I've realized that not only do you get the same potion from your invokes the entire time you're within a tier, you get the same variety of potion forever. If you get Elixir of Reflexes, then you're getting that all the way from minor to superior. It never changes.

A very valid concern that I've also noticed. At least the potions don't seem to be character-bound, though.
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    Well for me, I have 3 characters who get nothing but minor Stability stones, and none of them have stability artifacts. The remaining characters get nothing but random minor thaumaturgic and artifact stones. Not one resonance stone and not a single green or blue stone.

So from my point of view, random can only be an improvement. I'm quite certain that this also means I win the boobie prize for rotten luck.

To be fair, I've got 33 characters I invoke every day - very, very few of them get anything 'good'. The only blue items I've gotten were marks-of-something (not potency), so fairly useless considering I have buttloads of them from opening artifact coffers every week. Only one character gets the green Lesser Resonance Stones, most of them get minor stones of something or other.

Regardless, they really should make these drops account-bound. I did their crazy ritual of six invokes a day. I earned those resonance stones, I should get to use them on whichever character I want.
  • Options
    suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    [...]
    Regardless, they really should make these drops account-bound. I did their crazy ritual of six invokes a day. I earned those resonance stones, I should get to use them on whichever character I want.

^^^This! AND random.

The only other balanced, but stashable way I'd see would be to reroll what type of stone a char gets in large-ish intervals, like all three or fout weeks or somesuch. But as it is, it's meh.
  • Options
    blackjackwidowblackjackwidow Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 424 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    sockmunkey wrote: »

Think I have you beat - I have 3 toons, my main was getting minor stability from level 60-69 (no stability artifact); when she turned level 70 she is now getting a lesser mark of potency! I had one getting a green thaumaturgic from level 60-69, that is now getting a minor stability (again, no stability artifact). The third actually HAS a stability artifact - he's getting a minor thaumaturgic in the 60-70 levels. Prior, he was getting a minor resonance from mod 6 until level 60, which was about 3 invoke days. lol

Every single one of them started with what I considered useless stones, and now they're even more useless. Seriously, what is a level 70 DC supposed to do with a bunch of lesser marks of potency? On top of it, any time I've tried to use them - like upgrade a rank 4 enchant - they ALL failed! I seriously failed to upgrade a 90% chance runestone with a stack of BtC LMOP's. LOL

Please! BtA, and randomize the awards.