test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Aspect of the serpent broken?

motomotovhmotomotovh Member Posts: 22 Arc User
edited May 2015 in The Wilds
anyone else noticing aspect of the serpent isnt working since last patch?
Im not sure if im getting the benefits or not from it but im definitely not seeing the little buff icon that comes with it.

Ive tried restaring, swapping powers in and out with it. Nothing is making it work as it should
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

--Cuz the eyes of the ranger are upon you
Post edited by motomotovh on

Comments

• utuwerutuwer Member Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Yeah, others reported it got bugged and not working after the Friday patch.
    You say 4v5 is impossible? Cool story bro.
  • motomotovhmotomotovh Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Thanks for response, glad im not the only one.
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

--Cuz the eyes of the ranger are upon you
  • creatureofthefeycreatureofthefey Member Posts: 29
    edited May 2015
    Was this problem ever fixed?
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Was this problem ever fixed?

A) There hasn't been a patch between when it was bugged and now.
    B) It's not listed as fixed in notes for this week either.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • query523query523 Member Posts: 1,515 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    And it is Cryptic making a mistake so it will never be acknowledged. Just slot it and test after every patch because they might stealth fix it.
  • creatureofthefeycreatureofthefey Member Posts: 29
    edited May 2015
    Does this affect the way the trapper build plays at all? Im assuming it does, since aspet of the serpent is the bread and butter of the trapper build
  • marnivalmarnival Member Posts: 1,432 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Does this affect the way the trapper build plays at all? Im assuming it does, since aspet of the serpent is the bread and butter of the trapper build

Yes if you want to go full dps and rip through mobs/players its a major loss.
    BUT we dont do very high base damage from start so the loss of 30% dps overall is not very noticable in a group of others am afraid(thats how sad our damage is).

Trapper shine in control not dps and even if serpent bug is another nail in the coffin acting as trapper dont fall with it we already dont have arpen on root or control bonus + 150 other bugs atm.

Lock down mobs with high crit and good rotation or right targets in pvp and you do fine as support as long as you have something to support ) whish is far from norm in pugs ((.

Aspect of the pack does overall more damage for party then serpent btw if they are near enough that is.
    Then if you feat lone wolf in pvp you live longer = more control for the party win some loose some .
    edited May 2015
    marnival wrote: »
    Yes if you want to go full dps and rip through mobs/players its a major loss.
    BUT we dont do very high base damage from start so the loss of 30% dps overall is not very noticable in a group of others am afraid(thats how sad our damage is).
    Aspect of the pack does overall more damage for party then serpent btw if they are near enough that is.

Git Gud. MY DPS is second to GWF or a good TR. That's it. And while controling and using AoP to buff team. Until last patch. Now I am lagging a bit behing CWs in DPS.
    edited May 2015
    query523 wrote: »
    Git Gud. MY DPS is second to GWF or a good TR. That's it. And while controling and using AoP to buff team. Until last patch. Now I am lagging a bit behing CWs in DPS.

Interesting gs ? played with bis CW GWF with transc feytouch ?
    edited May 2015
    Yes I play with folks who are rather good. You kind of have to to get protector seals. Nobody out-DPSes a BiS GWF right now, nobody. But that is not my role so it does not matter. With a good CW it seassaws between the two of us but we generally stay within 3-5% on Paingiver. Which is kind of a lousy way to look at DPS (overdamage and such). My Ilvl is about 3k I am far from BiS but most people are far from BiS at this point. I compare with CW usually because we have the same job running T2 managing the adds and dropping AOEs. All this is pre-patch when I had Aspect up (feated with OH bonus). So lately a good CW out-DPSes me most of the time but again never by a huge margin.

Edit: Most runs I am using PPF and not vorp because party DPS> personal DPS. When someone else brings PPF those numbers change daratically because I am PVorp.
  • gentlemancrushgentlemancrush Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 445 Cryptic Developer
    edited May 2015
    We have fixed Aspect of the Serpent here, but I do not know when it will be in a build that is ready to go live.
  • lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    We have fixed Aspect of the Serpent here, but I do not know when it will be in a build that is ready to go live.

Great news GC. Thanks for informing us. :)
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • thedemienthedemien Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited May 2015

thanks for info. Hope to see arm pen , roots and control strength fixes soon(next patch hopefully) as well.
  • gentlemancrushgentlemancrush Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 445 Cryptic Developer
    edited May 2015
    thedemien wrote: »
    thanks for info. Hope to see arm pen , roots and control strength fixes soon(next patch hopefully) as well.

All my testing shows Thorned Roots working as expected with armor penetration. What cases do Roots not work with arpen?
    edited May 2015
    All my testing shows Thorned Roots working as expected with armor penetration. What cases do Roots not work with arpen?

it does not. There is thread here with act log and testing. As well as other powers that are not effect by arm pen like fey thistle.

but bug in general

arm pen from dot tick of roots does not work on brutes and above. go into dread ring - apply hindering shot on those big guys with hammers.
    aslo phylacy or how that things is called in PF.

same for IWD and wod. it works on some mobs (drakes at least). but on brutes and above it gives right damage that falls to 50% only only and sometimes to 0.

I testing it with both enchant and not. Simple test -> hindering or constructive, rapid. do nothing.

my char had ~>70% Arm pen (66 % base + pf). There are more data in thread. At the moment I really won't retest it again. Posted this bug data in like 5 threads for over a month. You can actually get 0 damage/0 control on final boss in eToS

It is same roots application with one strike. LAST LINE
    ENEpto_sD.png

And here we see roots effected by Arm pen.
    9vmF3_Qyt.png

also note that there is high possible bug with control strength not applying from tod boon and Wis. Aslo control strength at all does not effect roots duration (since mod 4)
    edited May 2015

I even found this thread for you. so yeah please finally fix it
    thedemien wrote: »
    Ancient grasping roots for Trapper HR are not effected by Resistance Ignored.
    In fact it sometimes drop damage even lower then it possibly could by Damage resistance of mob.
    Tested on Bone Golem in Dread ring on lvl 70 char. Same is in other areas

Probably the same effect is for Control on roots -> saw 0 control too

In Game screen
    scAlEcnrG.png

Act shows
    8D2HbZhMP.png

Char has
    n7jZAlc9u.png

Note that this is mob in dread ring. He has ±50% resistance.
    Testing on no enchant weapon.
    Note that sometime it even drops to 20% effectiveness.
    No effectiveness lines are 100% effectiveness. Game does not report base damage for those.
  • kaedennnkaedennn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 361 Arc User
    edited May 2015

you are probably testing on dummies , here is what it looks like against hight damage resistance mobs

989gtf.jpg

as you can see all the damage is gone and i have 53% RI in pvp and 63% in pve but thorned roots are not benefiting from it .
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    kaedennn wrote: »
    you are probably testing on dummies , here is what it looks like against hight damage resistance mobs

989gtf.jpg

as you can see all the damage is gone and i have 53% RI in pvp and 63% in pve but thorned roots are not benefiting from it .

Thanks guys for replying i was already near to raging hard :(
    Also
    Swiftness of the fox and forestbound do not reduce recharge time on encounters like hindering shots.
    Happy to see you g.crush
    edited May 2015

So by 'soon' y'all mean 'we have no idea.'
  • alisi1alisi1 Member Posts: 366 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    If it's fixed, why wouldn't it be in the next patch? Better yet, hot patched in immediately? The fact that there has been numerous posts on abilities not working for hr's for two months and we are just now getting a wai response and no follow up acknowledgement to the issue leaves a really bad taste in my mouth. Is this the reason so many other things in this mod are still broke?
    edited May 2015
    Don't worry guys we have a fix we just can't put it into the actual game!
  • ralexinorralexinor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 576 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Serpent is not as broken as you think it is. It is partially working, but it's still not fully working (although I'll miss the current state it's in since it benefits me for PvP... but it needs to be fixed asap). Go do some testing and you'll see.
    edited May 2015
    ralexinor wrote: »
    Serpent is not as broken as you think it is. It is partially working, but it's still not fully working (although I'll miss the current state it's in since it benefits me for PvP... but it needs to be fixed asap). Go do some testing and you'll see.

there is too much bug for me even to open game to test current staff. plus - there is a fix but not in game - so Ill wait till it is in game. maybe) Enjoy as long as you can - I knew you would find a way to use stuff right lol)
  • vinceent1vinceent1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,264 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    rayrdan wrote: »
    Thanks guys for replying i was already near to raging hard :(
    Also
    Swiftness of the fox and forestbound do not reduce recharge time on encounters like hindering shots.
    Happy to see you g.crush

am i understand correctly that they dont know about HR issues? thats just insane
  • jaotutjaotut Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 576 Arc User
    edited May 2015

I just did a tiamat, and here's a copy and paste a small part of the log. You can see back to back damages numbers. Steel Breeze was doing more than 100% effectiveness, while Thorned Roots were dealing way less. In Tiamat, you would expect most numbers to be over 100% effectiveness from buffs etc. I have 57.2% resistance ignored on character sheet.

[Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! Your Lostmauth's Vengeance deals 2178 (1962) Physical Damage to Legion Devil.
    [Combat (Self)] Your Feytouched Weapon deals 172 (155) Psychic Damage to Legion Devil.
    [Combat (Self)] Your Steel Breeze deals 3267 (2943) Physical Damage to Legion Devil.
    [Combat (Self)] Your Feytouched Weapon deals 160 (155) Psychic Damage to Erinyes.
    [Combat (Self)] Your Steel Breeze deals 3081 (2991) Physical Damage to Erinyes.
    [Combat (Self)] Your Thorned Roots deals 4138 (7807) Physical Damage to Erinyes.
    [Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! Your Thorned Roots deals 14325 (18248) Physical Damage to Legion Devil.
    [Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! Your Thorned Roots deals 8140 (15359) Physical Damage to Erinyes.
    [Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! Your Thorned Roots deals 13960 (18248) Physical Damage to Legion Devil.
    [Combat (Self)] Your Thorned Roots deals 4138 (7807) Physical Damage to Erinyes.
    [Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! Your Thorned Roots deals 8140 (15359) Physical Damage to Erinyes.

And some screenshots of different parts of the log and ACT table of outgoing damage.

zdDAxFN.jpg?2

LGvZCml.jpg?1

ENpTOQ0.png
    Merlin - CW Merlyn - HR Psylocke - TR Black Widow - GWF

Have the gear and skills, but lack the friends to play with? Come and apply for Essence of Aggression. We have been here and strong since beta. (Immature, rude, and arrogant people will not be accepted)
    edited May 2015

Crush now your scaring me seriously !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This has been reportet early in Preveiw IN EVERY PATCH MESSEGE THREAD IN BUG FORUM BOTH PREVIEW AND NORMAL FOR MONTHS...

I most say that you are clueless about this is not only scaring it explains why we still have bugs from back to module 2 as Hrs.

What is even more frustrating is that CW bugs live 1 or 2 weeks at most before fixed the way you treat the Hr class is unexeptable tbh......................
  • whitestaruawhitestarua Member Posts: 175 Arc User
    edited May 2015

Hey Gentlemancrush,
    We've been investigating... and we prepared everything you need in order to repro the issue, see here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1yvGkzOwKiwSrO7UGaVmX2KxhbLMvOzwLVRdMlLQM1Qg/edit?usp=sharing
    There is full description of Roots Problem. With logs, screenshots etc.
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Hey Gentlemancrush,
    We've been investigating... and we prepared everything you need in order to repro the issue, see here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1yvGkzOwKiwSrO7UGaVmX2KxhbLMvOzwLVRdMlLQM1Qg/edit?usp=sharing

yes crush this link explain exactly what s the problem with thorned roots with many details.
    edited May 2015
    Hey Gentlemancrush,

Great job. And you did confirmed that Wis does not work right. One thing i was feeling but could not for sure prove. great job guys.
    Спасибо, отличный разбор все этой херни с корнями.
  • ralexinorralexinor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 576 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Thorned Roots seems to be respecting armor penetration correctly as of the latest patch, at least in PvP.