test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New Kenku Archer Companion Bundle

strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
edited June 2015 in News & Announcements
For a limited time only, we’re offering the brand new Kenku Archer Companion Bundle in the Zen Market, complete with an epic quality Kenku Archer with everything he needs to be fully equipped!

Start Date: Thursday 5/14 at 10AM PDT (Pacific)

End Date: Monday 5/21 at 10AM PDT (Pacific)

Get the full details here: http://bit.ly/1IAXNmL

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• vteasyvteasy Member Posts: 708 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    For a limited time only, we’re offering the brand new Kenku Archer Companion Bundle in the Zen Market, complete with an epic quality Kenku Archer with everything he needs to be fully equipped!

Start Date: Thursday 5/14 at 10AM PDT (Pacific)

End Date: Monday 5/21 at 10AM PDT (Pacific)

Get the full details here: http://bit.ly/1IAXNmL

Need to update active bonus with Mod 6 stat curve in mind.
  • angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I'll buy two if I can get Spy-Vs.-Spy sombreros with them; one white and the other black.
    [Sorry, I couldn't resist]

My question is: will this companion make that annoying "Caw!" sound like the NPC versions? Anything to counter the annoying "...only one word for you: Peaches/Beaches/Screeches/Breeches/Leeches" thing.
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,462 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I'll buy two if I can get Spy-Vs.-Spy sombreros with them; one white and the other black.
    [Sorry, I couldn't resist]

My question is: will this companion make that annoying "Caw!" sound like the NPC versions? Anything to counter the annoying "...only one word for you: Peaches/Beaches/Screeches/Breeches/Leeches" thing.

This made me laugh. For the longest time I've wanted a goblin sharpshooter companion who occasionally yells, "in your eye!"
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • vyperdrivevyperdrive Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Psst....5/21 is a Thursday, not a Monday!
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Why a limited time?

I see very few people getting this since it's a fairly useless striker, and, that active bonus... Guess active bonuses will be getting *looked* at for mod 7.
  • hfgtfsdfshfgtfsdfs Member Posts: 688 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I wouldnt pay 100 zen for that companion. You guys need to rethink the strategy here.

As a player I would spend zen on GOOD ITEMS and not bad ones that cant replace any of the 5 I already have.
    ZengiaH@ejziponken
    edited May 2015
    hfgtfsdfs wrote: »
    I wouldnt pay 100 zen for that companion. You guys need to rethink the strategy here.

As a player I would spend zen on GOOD ITEMS and not bad ones that cant replace any of the 5 I already have.

Which is why the target audience is new players and not you and I. (a.k.a.: Marketing 101)

@Cryptic (and I'm very serious about this): When you first released these Epic Companion bundles I said "I LIKE! Moar pleeze!" and you have been giving more (Yes, in my mind I am the sole instigator of your decision to continue these because I am special). Almost on a regular, dare I say even predictable basis. Though this particular companion doesn't interest Mister hfgtfsdfs - the next one might. or the one after that. Who knows?

I am grateful that you are continuing to release these, please don't stop. Obviously I won't buy all of them, but I've already purchased three of the previous selections. Which in turn brings you revenue, which in turn allows Mister hfgtfsdfs to keep playing for free, which in turn is a win-win-win scenario.

So keep it going.
  • joyousdecieverjoyousdeciever Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Might actually buy this if bags were bind to account, Dragon hoard had no cool down and no time limit when used in queued dungeons/skirmishes, and devs didn't do BS like drain our resources in-game on things like arty gear you make obsolete by the time non-exploiters who spend cash on game casually can get them 75% refined. Until these things change I boycott Zen purchases, and encourage other players that are sick of being cheated out of an enjoyable experience in order to punish exploiters, and minimize 3rd party sales site resources, TO DO THE SAME.
    edited May 2015
    "Limited Time" till the next limited time that is. Nothing in this game is ever limited or unique or rare. Kenku will most likely return in a Charge Rewards program, or maybe an ingame event.

If you *read* the announcement you'll note that a companion-only version will be in the Zen Market as soon as this bundle expires. It is the *bundle* that is available for a limited time, not the companion. Context is your friend.

Generally thinking aloud:
    Sometimes I really do wonder if people actually read the posts they reply to.
  • gornonthecobgornonthecob Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 421 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Rather than companions who give measly passive bonuses that don't amount to poo in Mod 6, (and omg, don't we have enough striker companions??), why not more cosmetic items? There are like 5 total different outfits to buy on the ZEN store. :( I can only make so many Shou warriors. :/
    @Locksheon

Locksheon Gaming
    Follow me on Twitch - Youtube - Facebook!
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    They need to update the way that these packages are displayed in the Zen store - you can't see all the powers & bonuses that these packs have/offer because you can't inspect them the same way you could a lone companion. I would really like to be able to inspect the companion and the gear, before deciding on whether to buy it or not.

I'd also like to know the exact bonuses that the "leader" or "master leader" buffs provide.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • daphnesnowbourndaphnesnowbourn Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Heckle & Jeckle come to DnD.
  • weirgreifweirgreif Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I'd be interested to know what these Belt of Trinkets and Eye of Quorlinn are.
  • obsiddiaobsiddia Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,025 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Agree with earlier posters, the Kenku needs a big Spy vs Spy hat...
    or maybe a Flying Elephant mount to go with him.

I might get one as a cheap green model. Variety sake.
    Did you really think anyone could steal the power of the god of thieves?
  • reddevilbsreddevilbs Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    bioshrike wrote: »
    They need to update the way that these packages are displayed in the Zen store - you can't see all the powers & bonuses that these packs have/offer because you can't inspect them the same way you could a lone companion. I would really like to be able to inspect the companion and the gear, before deciding on whether to buy it or not.

I'd also like to know the exact bonuses that the "leader" or "master leader" buffs provide.

^This^

And what exactly the Eye of Quorlinn and Belt of Trinkets are?!
  • drkbodhidrkbodhi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,378 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Generally thinking aloud:
    Sometimes I really do wonder if people actually read the posts they reply to.

I wonder that too.
    ez0sf4K.png
    Atwil "At" - Tiefling TR / Saardush - Black Dragonborn GWF / White - Tiefling OP
    Leadership Council of Civil Anarchy
    SYNERGY Alliance
  • psychicslugpsychicslug Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    9MU0WhJ.jpgBI5uWUd.jpg
    edited May 2015
    Also his abilities
    Q5oMMvG.jpg
    olwK9Mq.jpg
    edited May 2015
    And his stats at max level
    musfvsu.jpg
  • grogthemagnifgrogthemagnif Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,651 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Last weeks bundle was a Green for 2500 Zen, This week it's a Purple for 3000 Zen. I think it's a bargain.
  • rinat114rinat114 Member Posts: 913 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    The companion's bonus is ridiculous. Most people use Augments as their summoned, rest of the bought companions art for bonuses. The heck is someone going to do with 0.3% recovery and power? Either scale all stat companions to fit the new curve or change this one's. Can't imagine anyone spending zen on that.
  • berserkrage99berserkrage99 Member Posts: 103
    edited May 2015
    Last weeks bundle was a Green for 2500 Zen, This week it's a Purple for 3000 Zen. I think it's a bargain.

Wait... wait, did you - did you really just type that? wow...
  • obsiddiaobsiddia Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,025 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Just noticed under pet collections that the Kenku is listed as Green. So I think it's likely they
    will be sold or winnable as Green in the future. Possible they changed their minds,
    just before release, tho. Recall that happening a couple times.

If you want a Kenku purely for its own sake, consider waiting to see if they
    release a Green.
    Did you really think anyone could steal the power of the god of thieves?
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    obsiddia wrote: »
    Just noticed under pet collections that the Kenku is listed as Green. So I think it's likely they
    will be sold or winnable as Green in the future. Possible they changed their minds,
    just before release, tho. Recall that happening a couple times.

If you want a Kenku purely for its own sake, consider waiting to see if they
    release a Green.

It's in the news article that the bundle is an intro deal and the Kenku will be available as a regular standalone purchase thereafter. I would assume the regular one will be green quality as depicted in the collection.

@thread
    I'd like to express the opinion that the companion gear from bundles is now thoroughly outclassed by "Loyal" equipment and probably needs to be buffed to have the same dual enchant slots to make these items a worthy part of the purchase price.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • bigblackafricabigblackafrica Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 122 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    So now that the green version has been released, what's up with the price point? All green companions are 800 zen, but for some reason the Kenku Archer is 1200 which is the price of all blue companions. There is nothing special about the Kenku Archer to merit the 50% price hike. What's up with that?
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    So now that the green version has been released, what's up with the price point? All green companions are 800 zen, but for some reason the Kenku Archer is 1200 which is the price of all blue companions. There is nothing special about the Kenku Archer to merit the 50% price hike. What's up with that?

I feel that, from time to time, they "test the waters" by introducing an item at a different price point than similar ones, to see how the sales do. I share your opinion, however, that this companion is not so special as to warrant the 50% higher price.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • bigblackafricabigblackafrica Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 122 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    bioshrike wrote: »
    I feel that, from time to time, they "test the waters" by introducing an item at a different price point than similar ones, to see how the sales do. I share your opinion, however, that this companion is not so special as to warrant the 50% higher price.

If this is the case, I hope no one buys it. So far I have yet to see one, so that's a good sign I guess.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Unlike some previous companion release that had advantageous features that could justify their higher price tag (Black Dragon Ioun stone as a purple augment with 3 offense slots, for example), the Kenku Archer is a meh striker with a meh bonus, and even if you really like an archer companion, there's nothing to recommend it over a Neverember Guard Archer or Storm Rider.

(But it has cute flavour text.)
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia