test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Short list of game breaking bugs that should be fixed ASAP.

Comments

• carrytiexcarrytiex Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    For those upset, all you are doing is trying to hide the issues which players will still take advantage of but Cryptics will more likely ignore because people apparently don't find it much of an issue and so gets a very low priority.
  • userutf8userutf8 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 270 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    IMO, this topic as any topic of this sort really changes nothing (both opinions that it helps and does harm are wrong). Just more people start using bugs to obtain "balance". Btw, I don't see many people posting bugs here. Can you tell me why?:-)
    ABSOLUTE
  • vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    On a side note I miss your avatar, why remove it ?
    I don't know :(
    carrytiex wrote: »
    For those upset, all you are doing is trying to hide the issues which players will still take advantage of but Cryptics will more likely ignore because people apparently don't find it much of an issue and so gets a very low priority.
    Hoped somebody would reply instead of me but I remember Panderus said that the bigger/more popular the issue becomes, the higher chance it will get fixed very soon.
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    geas isnt a bug its a lockdown, and can be broken by any passive damage at all.. anything.

Its wai, you can be upset about it.. but effing hey, considering how badly they botched up the DC work for this mod, this is like the one thing they have from it. Every feat otherwise is just beyond worthless, other then give of haste.
  • vteasyvteasy Member Posts: 708 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    good post OP, these have been reported so many times but seems like it has to get posted on forums before anything is done. Also now at least people will know why they are getting steamrolled in pvp
    edited May 2015
    silverkelt wrote: »
    geas isnt a bug its a lockdown, and can be broken by any passive damage at all.. anything.

Its wai, you can be upset about it.. but effing hey, considering how badly they botched up the DC work for this mod, this is like the one thing they have from it. Every feat otherwise is just beyond worthless, other then give of haste.
    Play a temptation SW, get CC'd through shift and then stun locked after and then tell me it's wai and okay that some cheap encounter goes through CC immunity. Though...I think Legit community needs it so much nowdays, they can't even realize they are not that legit any more abusing the thing to disable PvE bosses they can't accomplish qq
  • angrymanagementangrymanagement Member Posts: 487 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Add Aura of Courage multiprocs to the list.
    This is an example proced from a GF (possibly a multiplicative interaction with plaguefire weapon enchant??)

wjvvvc.jpg
  • angrymanagementangrymanagement Member Posts: 487 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Also, ever wonder why sometimes you get killed by 1 or 2 hits from an attack that shouldn't really do too much damage?

T. Fey weapon enchant (since it wasn't really specifically called out) can cause some crazy damage boosts (hundreds of thousands to millions of damage for a hit before mitigation - though this is pretty rare in PVP). The damage boost seems to be really weird, but some folks may have figured out a way to consistently buff the damage up.
  • noetic2noetic2 Member Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Most of those pale in comparison to the HR bug.

Slot Constricting arrow, binding arrow, and longstrider shot + crushing roots. Make sure you are trapper with the cooldown reduction from melee-ranged.

First you need a weapon enchant that ticks damage. perfect plaguefire works well.

Go into melee and cast gushing wounds. Go back into ranged and enjoy shooting constricting, binding, and longstrider as if they were at-wills. Every tick of gushing lowers ranged cooldowns so your 3 ranged skills are up 24/7. Combine that with crushing roots and you have perma daze with the highest burst and dps output of any class.

So broken it makes all previously listed bugs look like a well balanced game.
    The gushing wounds bug has allegedly been fixed. http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?915151-Elemental-Evil-Preview-Patch-Notes-NW-45-20150416c-6&p=10786641&viewfull=1#post10786641
  • flyofavalonflyofavalon Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    noetic2 wrote: »

that post is from a while back. i tested the bug yesterday and it still works. only change is u now need plaguefire enchant to do it.
    edited May 2015
    Oh and yeah, how foolish I am to forget....

FIX THE AUTOKICK ON SHORT DISSCONNECTS!
    Seriously, this's become so annoying, so many matches have been destroyed by this Idk how to call "feature" maybe?? Who was that wit who came up with an idea for a such a change? I bet that is one big undocumented troll that got fired recently.
  • overdriver13overdriver13 Member Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    vasdamas wrote: »
    Oh and yeah, how foolish I am to forget....

FIX THE AUTOKICK ON SHORT DISSCONNECTS!
    Seriously, this's become so annoying, so many matches have been destroyed by this Idk how to call "feature" maybe?? Who was that wit who came up with an idea for a such a change? I bet that is one big undocumented troll that got fired recently.

Lost a close match like that tonight. Was on a great team and against a great team. Probably over my head a bit gear wise but we were clearly going to win. Lost the dc due to the penalty about half way through.

It is probably the very first thing they need to fix.
    edited May 2015
    Lost a close match like that tonight. Was on a great team and against a great team. Probably over my head a bit gear wise but we were clearly going to win. Lost the dc due to the penalty about half way through.

It is probably the very first thing they need to fix.
    I wish I never played this game.

After the match I had with you this morning (for me it was) and that avalanche tyranny I had when I queue'd up for pvp I just hit alt+f4 and feeling like never playing this game again. Idc the leaderboard, penalty and any other trivial bull****. I DON'T WANT TO BE A CANNON FODDER to bull**** kind of mechanics that punish me for using 80% of my powers. Why did I even have that stupid idea of stepping into PvP on my SW, it was the most painful experience I ever had in this bloody game, I think even "who took this pet with us" on my TR wasn't as obliterating. And some maggot DC complains he was parted with his CC breaking encounter...
  • pherrowpherrow Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 418 Arc User
    edited May 2015

After the match I had with you this morning (for me it was) and that avalanche tyranny I had when I queue'd up for pvp I just hit alt+f4 and feeling like never playing this game again. Idc the leaderboard, penalty and any other trivial bull****. I DON'T WANT TO BE A CANNON FODDER to bull**** kind of mechanics that punish me for using 80% of my powers. Why did I even have that stupid idea of stepping into PvP on my SW, it was the most painful experience I ever had in this bloody game, I think even "who took this pet with us" on my TR wasn't as obliterating. And some maggot DC complains he was parted with his CC breaking encounter...

^Yes, that was a painful match because of the disconnect. A complete waste of effort in the end. The system robbed us of a win in one of the few matches that one would be looking for when Q'in' up. Hell, in a nice match like that, even a loss would have been fine if it coulda been played out but instead...4v5. gg
    edited May 2015

This is the kind of thing that drives people to using whatever "tricks" (bugs, exploits, broken wai powers) they possibly can to the maximum. All of this is a problem of the system. Everyone has their own reason for justifying whatever degree of trickery they use. The thing is, we were going to win. A highly competitive match when the odds were against us from the beginning. I am just saying, don't give up. Regardless of all the broken things that were against us, we were one disconnect away from winning. It is worth continuing imo.
    edited May 2015
    pherrow wrote: »
    ^Yes, that was a painful match because of the disconnect. A complete waste of effort in the end. The system robbed us of a win in one of the few matches that one would be looking for when Q'in' up. Hell, in a nice match like that, even a loss would have been fine if it coulda been played out but instead...4v5. gg

That sucked. It sucked as bad as the night or two before with the ME semipremade when I dc'd. Two intense winnable matches lost to temporary disconnect penalty. The thing is that I don't think the devs realize is that it is rough to get a really good match to beging with and when it seems to happen anyways sometimes, a disconnect kills it. I see that rapidly deflating the will to pvp or play the game in some. I hope people hold out though, the less good, legit players we have in the game, the crappier it gets.
  • zeusomzeusom Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 810 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Another to add to list:

Trans Terror the root seems to still be piercing CC immune/resist problems and procs too often and too long.
    Sopi (aka Haxbox) SW [Synergy]
    Sopi SW Youtube channel pvp brickabrack

• mynwacctmynwacct Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    But my friend, what are those l33ts in the high and mighty PvP guilds, if not with-holding information and exploiting the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> out of bugs and overlooks before the devs go into takedown mode? They are ALL about exploitation, and none about honesty or fair fights.

One would think if they really love PvP so much they would report problems the first moment they found out about it, keep internal regulations amongst guild members not to use it, and sincerely hope for a fix. Under that premise, yes, holding back information is the wise thing to do.

But ohhhhho no, we all know that's not how they operate, don't we? :wink:

All guilds that self-declare competency in the "premade level", so to speak, exploit. Almost every famous "uh, he's such a PvP god!" players, were themselves exploiters and cheats. All the guild they make, they join, are full of 2-bit thugs, bullies and cheats that would hurt the infrastructure of this game so bad that the AH prices would shake and shudder.

And no, I'm not talking about some of the more recent, smaller, younger guilds with players much more honest and naive. We're talking about this filthy scum of "vets" and their "renowned" guilds.

The only thing they deserve is a mass ban.
    +100 to you :) I will name a pvp guild that abuses things PVP Potatoes at level 20-29. Now if you have to do this at this level, you are the lowest scum on the face of the Earth! The tr that was doing this finaly got killed by yours truly a few times.

ReKu
    Guild Leader XJ-13
    edited May 2015
    mynwacct wrote: »
    +100 to you :) I will name a pvp guild that abuses things _____ at level 20-29. Now if you have to do this at this level, you are the lowest scum on the face of the Earth! The tr that was doing this finaly got killed by yours truly a few times.

ReKu
    Guild Leader XJ-13

Lets not give them any more reason to lock the thread or possibly ban discussion of bugs altogether. This and similar threads are already in a kind of moderation twilight zone on a few levels, and the subject matter is too important to have moderation channeling the flow of information in some directions by blocking it in others.
    edited May 2015
    Alright, just played a match this morning and not a single curse consume of harrow storm worked. Seems like - 1 more tool for me to keep avalanche bots out of my face. However, a question, does feytouched enchantment nulify avalanche damage or that <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> of a boon ignores it too?
  • gom8gom8 Member Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Most of those pale in comparison to the HR bug.

Slot Constricting arrow, binding arrow, and longstrider shot + crushing roots. Make sure you are trapper with the cooldown reduction from melee-ranged.

First you need a weapon enchant that ticks damage. perfect plaguefire works well.

Go into melee and cast gushing wounds. Go back into ranged and enjoy shooting constricting, binding, and longstrider as if they were at-wills. Every tick of gushing lowers ranged cooldowns so your 3 ranged skills are up 24/7. Combine that with crushing roots and you have perma daze with the highest burst and dps output of any class.

So broken it makes all previously listed bugs look like a well balanced game.

holy <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.. i play a HR and i had been defending this crazyness with "perma daze" NOW i see where it is coming from... i saw someone post a video of that but people said it had been fixed.. i respected into that skill just to test it (because i have plague fire)

That is stupid.. the rotation HR(s) do to pretty much have your 6 encounters than 1 or 2 atwills then 6 more encounters does not seem broken/bad (due to the fact we hit so ridiculous tiny compared to other strikers or controller(s)/strikers even.. But that was just silly, i could keep using my range skills as fast as i wanted just about was about a .75 to 1 second at MOST pause... the fact you could slot that bleed + foxes + constricting arrows would mean you could just about beat anyone if they couldn't reverse stun you in some way..

I will defend HR(s) dazes/roots 100% (i have NEVER been able to daze lock a person in PvP, but i have root locked them where they turn away to run and just can't move and panic), but that is ONLY once i close in melee range.. but good grief with that bug you could root/daze lock anyone at distance (as long as you were still ticking on someone near you with plague fire and the bleed...)

*rolls eyes* THAT explains why i have been daze locked in PvP by other HR(s) once in a blue moon, and i wondered WTF is different about his/her gear vs mine (i figured it was more tenacity or control bonus.. but ends up control bonus does not do anything to our roots/dazes)
  • larphoidlarphoid Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Alright, just played a match this morning and not a single curse consume of harrow storm worked. Seems like - 1 more tool for me to keep avalanche bots out of my face. However, a question, does feytouched enchantment nulify avalanche damage or that <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> of a boon ignores it too?

Yep, Harow Storm now totally broken, it doesn't prone anymore when re-cursing the target >< ...

Goes to show that sometimes you just have to let insignificant bugs be what they are, for example this
    Harrow Storm Despite it being an utterly slow kind of encounter, with mediocre damage, it's bugged in it's own way too. Sometimes it allows you to send your enemy flying like x3 times in a row while they are in mid air on one curse consume, if you hit tab too fast. Allows you to CC your enemy more than intended, should be considered a bug I guess.

It does not allow you to CC the enemy more than intented, because the curse is consumed and the storm ended, so the enemy can only go prone 1 time, even tho when you spam the Warlock's Curse key, it may look like it animates multiple times.
    Even tho the damage was low, I for one used it in pvp, because the CC portion is pretty nice !

Please fix it the way it was :D !!!
    edited May 2015
    larphoid wrote: »
    Yep, Harow Storm now totally broken, it doesn't prone anymore when re-cursing the target >< ...
    Wondering if it's universal or 4 rank only issue now.
  • mirrorballsmirrorballs Member Posts: 877 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2015

AFAIK, boon damages/heals are itself mitigation free. They aren't effected by any defense, or healing depression. They just happen. For example, in mod2 where I shortly used MI for the TR, I used to pick Fey Thistle and lure semi-perma TR players to land DF on me and then engage ITC at the 3rd strike, in which case all of the reflect damage would go through as a big chunk.
  • gomok72gomok72 Member Posts: 616 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Also, ever wonder why sometimes you get killed by 1 or 2 hits from an attack that shouldn't really do too much damage?

T. Fey weapon enchant (since it wasn't really specifically called out) can cause some crazy damage boosts (hundreds of thousands to millions of damage for a hit before mitigation - though this is pretty rare in PVP). The damage boost seems to be really weird, but some folks may have figured out a way to consistently buff the damage up.

T. Fey can up your power so high that you one shot people, I'm trying to figure out how this is done, but my theory on this is you are hitting individuals around you taking their damage and having it multiplied on your class. I have seen a CW in IWD tearing through the health of the Black Ice beholder every time it spawns, farming the hell out of it after AoEing mobs. There is a guy in my guild who runs his aura to hit everyone "stealing their damage" and pretty much one shotting people with his at wills.
    I may not be considered by most the BEST PVP Warlock on the server but, I am the most HATED amongst them.

-Kymos
  • trpotatosyndrometrpotatosyndrome Member Posts: 110
    edited May 2015
    Wondering if it's universal or 4 rank only issue now.

I can confirm it's universal.

My Harrowstorm is rank 3 and doesn't prone.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mirrorballsmirrorballs Member Posts: 877 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2015
    Another thing Paladin related. The Justice tree capstone recharges your active artifact as well. I had no idea till the last patch because my Paladin is protection and that capstone was broken. But all of you Devotion guys knew it and you were silently abusing it werent you. Anyway I can pop sigil of devoted, have my fill of AP, then I hit my tab a few times and my sigil is off cooldown in a few seconds.

That is just wrong

Sounds like similar mechanics to the TR Knife's Edge feat that used to reduce recharge time of artifacts as well, so it was basically SigDiv, -> Bloodbath -> SigDiv -> BB... ad nauseum....Which, btw, us TR players found out and promptly reported to the devs during mod5 preview, and had it fixed before it made live

Well, at least you noticed it. Kudos. PM the devs and report it. They don't really check out the forums nowadays, as I'm led to believe.
  • ybussi1ybussi1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    vasdamas,
    You are doing holy work on bringing the truth to light, thanks from everyone
    edited May 2015
    Patch notes.
    banging-head-on-wall.gif
  • pando83pando83 Member Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I'd add this:

ENCHANTS:

Negation is like 2x more powerful than any other defensive enchant around.
    Rework it OR buff soulfoged/barkshield exc...cause Negation is right now in its own separate tier giving a noticeable and HUGE advantage to negation users over non-negation users.
    Not to mention how it synergize better with some tab abilities of specific classes *shield on tab CW cough cough*

So unless the devs like how everyone now is jumping around looking like a shining UFO, i'd suggest to either tone down negation or buff the other enchants to a comparable level of usefulness.

Negation is pretty much 30% DR on a separate layer in few seconds in PvP. Buff the other defensive enchats to be on par.