test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

It's a Crafter's Paradise.... Really?

mstrssihrmstrssihr Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 545 Arc User
edited June 2015 in General Discussion (PC)
I write today to make a plea to the Devs to open throttle in regards to what we can craft using our Professions, for you to please add Equipment transmutes to all the categories (well maybe not Alchemy or Leadership). Gear has sadly become quite bland and there's really no need for this! Possible for you guys to add like 5 extra skins to each category like Leatherworking, Platesmiting, Mailsmithing, Tailoring, Artificing & Weaponsmithing and make the transmute gear all BoE - sheesh!

You could add a small 10-20k Astral Diamond surcharge for us to craft them B]No dragon eggs or unified elements though![/B. Make the tasks rotate as Rare tasks [watching for Rare tasks is currently NOT exciting, it's sad and bland]. Perhaps hold a contest on how the new transmutes should look? Idk *shrugs* I just know that we can do better and at the same time we need to be able to make fun stuff.

As a final thing I just need to say that, if this idea ever does go anywhere and something like it is actually implemented, then you absolutely MUST someday too make it so that the Equipment transmute options change with current events that happen around our calendar. In example today is "Call to Arms: Storm Front" so in each of the 6 categories there would be a new equipment transmute available to go along with the theme of "Storm Front."

*crosses finger and hope like helll* Thank you for listening XD
- Major Peachy Bottom * Gutbuster's Brigade -

"Last request - microtransactions for alllll old skins for zen/weapon appearance changes, 500 zen to make ur wep glow the color/enchant you want it... You will make more off that one item than any other zen item ever made." freshour

"beckylunatic" Gateway AH should have column headers to sort by buyout, bid, end time, quantity, etc. These disappeared iirc with the module launch. It's obnoxious.
Post edited by mstrssihr on

Comments

• instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I'd be excessively happy to be able to craft individual dye colors with my alchemy.

But whatever.
    header.png
    "...I grab my wiener and charge!" - ironzerg79
  • mifiisumifiisu Member Posts: 205 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Oh yes! Excellent idea and great implementation suggestions. Maybe the devs will consider this in the future. If nothing else, then maybe add such temporary tasks to certain professions during special events. Sure, we have the summer festival profession, but that's only once a year and almost every other event only grants weapon transmutes -_-
  • fuglymookfuglymook Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    +1000, give us something!!!!!
  • mstrssihrmstrssihr Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 545 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I'd be excessively happy to be able to craft individual dye colors with my alchemy.

But whatever.

Good shout :D! Lets one up it: To be able to craft dyes in Alchemy where you could choose the exact color of the dye via an HTML color code selector/wheel, would be a complete dream come true in the dye area of the game.

"Last request - microtransactions for alllll old skins for zen/weapon appearance changes, 500 zen to make ur wep glow the color/enchant you want it... You will make more off that one item than any other zen item ever made." freshour

"beckylunatic" Gateway AH should have column headers to sort by buyout, bid, end time, quantity, etc. These disappeared iirc with the module launch. It's obnoxious.
  • quspivquspiv Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,087 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    They should monetize cosmetics instead of RP, eh.
  • kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Seems like a fine idea to me... :)
    va8Ru.gif
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Yes this is a great idea , especially if the transmutes were really cool looking things and there was a large selection of weapon and armor transmutes , one of my previous mmos called Grand Fantasia had a fantastic crafting system where pretty much every BiS weapon and armor set was crafted apart from pvp gear sets and legacy sets and I miss a solid crafting system in this game , they could even add new rare and epic crafting materials to the dungeon bosses loot tables that we would need to be able to craft the stuff , boss drop tables in dungeons are basically non existent at the moment.
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
    edited May 2015
    tousseau wrote: »
    In a way, they already have a head start to add costumes to the profession tasks... Use tge old discontinued armors (HV, HP, AoW, Thayan, etc...)

Nah mate, think about it for a sec... They already have all the skins they need to make it work, they're dotted around a bajillion places in the game, currently, just walking around. Every NPC and Mob that walks upright already has a skin that could possibly be used (or tweaks could be made but not completely necessary), all these mods later so many diff styles of gear on these characters. Prolly 100s of skins in the game so the resource is already there! I've seen some supremely cool <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> dozens of times. Ohhh- just had an idea! For the community to be given the ability to vote on a new single style of outfit for each new mod, choosing from any of the outifts you saw on an NPC/Upright mob from the previous module. XD

Thank you everyone for the support of the thread, I hope it can someday manage to find the light of day!!

• faltiigrimfaltiigrim Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    quspiv wrote: »
    They should monetize cosmetics instead of RP, eh.

It worked for SWTOR. Extremely well.
  • translucentwolftranslucentwolf Member Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Yes, but SWTOR was a game people wanted to play, and look going while doing so. Pop is falling here. Can't sell to non-existent players. So, they'll sell Rubies, and continue to nerf RP generation by other methods, till you do the right thing, and buy some Zen RP.
  • thesensaithesensai Member Posts: 637 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    magenubbie wrote: »
    Not the least bit important with all the issues going on right now.
    But you have my vote. If they don't wanna make money off cheap transmutes they could have put up in the WB, at least let us make them ourselves.

certainly not as important as fixing the4 broken state of the game as it is.

However usually different people work on things such as this, most likely a whole different department. So it is not unreasonable to suggest this.
  • gphxgphxgphxgphx Member Posts: 184 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Transmutes. Who cares. If it doesn't make AD, rp, xp, or honor it isn't worth thinking about. First they have to make the things which are supposed to work correctly.
  • myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Keep spending most our lives, livin' in the Crafter's Paradise . . .
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
  • translucentwolftranslucentwolf Member Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Remember, the different dev groups at Cryptic are compartmentalized. So, the 20 gfx artists and devs working up new transmutes are totally separate from the 1 guy doing bug fixes.

Meaning, don't get upset if you see more weapon transmutes before bug fixes.
    edited June 2015
    Ok so I've been told by a Dev that this is not on the table for anytime soon, like bottom of the list. xD Hey, I don't mind, I just like to know. I am going to try and approach the question in a different way, a second time. This round my request will be more substantial and should make it matter to a greater number of people. Let me explain...... Instead of requesting specifically that "transmutes" be added to each category, thus having to add in a whole new system, why not instead hugely simplify it all by requesting that craftable gear be visibly, very *unique and appealing". I'm just speaking from a gear looks perspective, I'm a self proclaimed transmute whooore and the options are major limited, just in case you were wondering how the average player is feeling about said subject.

In my dreams I imagine the Community Moderator holds contest and gives players the chance to vote on new skins. Players are given a month to submit images (screen shots) onto the forum post [along with the exact name of the Mob or NPC.] When the contest ends we all vote on like top favorite 2 or 3 and then submit it to the Devs for the coming module. Those 2-3 skins [that already exist in the game and would not have to created- the work is already done] would replace exiting Profession equipment skins, out the old and in with the new.

Pipe dreams I realize, I like to imagine the possibilities :D

• myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    mstrssihr wrote: »
    Ok so I've been told by a Dev that this is not on the table for anytime soon, like bottom of the list. xD Hey, I don't mind, I just like to know. I am going to try and approach the question in a different way, a second time. This round my request will be more substantial and should make it matter to a greater number of people. Let me explain...... Instead of requesting specifically that "transmutes" be added to each category, thus having to add in a whole new system, why not instead hugely simplify it all by requesting that craftable gear be visibly, very *unique and appealing". I'm just speaking from a gear looks perspective, I'm a self proclaimed transmute whooore and the options are major limited, just in case you were wondering how the average player is feeling about said subject.

In my dreams I imagine the Community Moderator holds contest and gives players the chance to vote on new skins. Players are given a month to submit images (screen shots) onto the forum post [along with the exact name of the Mob or NPC.] When the contest ends we all vote on like top favorite 2 or 3 and then submit it to the Devs for the coming module. Those 2-3 skins [that already exist in the game and would not have to created- the work is already done] would replace exiting Profession equipment skins, out the old and in with the new.

Pipe dreams I realize, I like to imagine the possibilities :D

I think this is a good idea, but like you said, it is not going to be at the top of their list of things to do. Keep your dreams/hopes alive, as I bet they will implement this one day . . .
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    For the sake of batting around ideas, I still really want to see all the unique potential transmutes we lost from the old dungeons reincorporated somehow, and they could be crafted.

Orc armor pieces in leathercrafting. Reaver's Edge in weaponsmithing. And so on.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    magenubbie wrote: »
    Not the least bit important with all the issues going on right now.
    But you have my vote. If they don't wanna make money off cheap transmutes they could have put up in the WB, at least let us make them ourselves.

...well, the forum isn't by any means limited to stuff important right now, no?

The OP's suggestion is meaningful and IMHO deserves consideration. It would revitalize all those meaningless crafts we have, give them some reason to learn and level them, and implementing the concept would definitely nether endanger the game balance nor hurt anyone.

I personally would love to see a template-driven approach here: Find item, like the looks, have your craftsmen disassemble this piece, and thereby enable them to make any later piece of armor to look the same way. For a fee... ...I'd suggest 30-40kAD for the disassembly, 30-40kAD for transmutation per piece. That way the price for the first transmuted piece would be somewhat equal to the standard fee, later transmutations would come for about half the price as the standard system.

Maybe it would be necessary to limit the number of templates that each character can store...