test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Archer in ECC hits for 39K....real ? Please Fix T2's this is absurd...

lowenduslowendus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 322 Arc User
edited May 2015 in PvE Discussion
I have 70K hp...if something does as much as sneeze in there, kills me.
It only takes a 2nd shot.

It's "die" as soon as u pull too much aggro when you have a good enough dps output, which happens a lot.

Please fix T2's.

What you have done there is just absurd.

Peace
Post edited by lowendus on

Comments

• wentriswentris Member Posts: 542 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Just 39k? They are either nerfed very hard or u have some amazing DR. Last time I remember they hit me for 80k
  • lowenduslowendus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 322 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    wentris wrote: »
    Just 39k? They are either nerfed very hard or u have some amazing DR. Last time I remember they hit me for 80k

I'm just a measly CW!!! how much DR u think I have!!! XD

Glad it wasn't a 1 shot...killed me on the 2nd doe! huhuhuhuhuh oh...ouch!
  • matiagronxmatiagronx Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 251 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Its absurd that you went into an epic dungeon expecting to wipe all adds with a single click. Its absurd that you went there without your shield, since u are a measly CW. But its not entirely your fault, everyone got spoiled from the 2 previous mods where even HE in well of dragons could be soloed. Adapt and accept the new changes cause without them game would be ridiculusly easy.
    edited May 2015
    matiagronx wrote: »
    Its absurd that you went into an epic dungeon expecting to wipe all adds with a single click. Its absurd that you went there without your shield, since u are a measly CW. But its not entirely your fault, everyone got spoiled from the 2 previous mods where even HE in well of dragons could be soloed. Adapt and accept the new changes cause without them game would be ridiculusly easy.

Stop pulling ideas out of thin air....and that's just being a polite way of saying you know what...

Where in my post did I say I expected to wipe adds ?

To cut a long story short...

we had a tank and pally but as soon as I tried to dps, mobs switched aggro and onto me, then insta-gibbed (ok 2 shot) me.

Same thing happens in the first mini boss in ELOL and I'm kinda tired of it...

And CW shield can't do <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> against that damage and spear, dps, spear, spear. soulforged. dps die, rezzed...dps die.....
    It's just how it goes every single time....

I know that every time I enter that boss I'll just die after using two encounters.

I got 2.2K IL and that's from grinding like a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> in the previous months, so cut your elitist BM please.

Ye I try to adapt but guess what...I don't care about HE's but as long as I can't solo the "SOLO" content....balance is still ****ty and needs some kind of serious review, no matter what you think.

Peace
    edited May 2015
    magenubbie wrote: »
    Don't act like a tank then. The time where CWs could just jump in and kill is long gone. Let the tank worry about aggro. Once he has it, things should be a lot easier for you.

Other than that, they are aware of things being too hard and are working on it. Making more threads really doesn't help when there's already a feedback thread on it.

I'm really in favor of each class doin' it's job so I never ever tried to tank anything whatsoever.

But things are kinda off especially in T2's.

Even with a tank or pally in the team it's "die" as soon as an add or two happen to switch aggro for some reason (mainly because of lag spikes recently where tanks just drop their shields) and we go kablooie!

Seriously. This happened yesterday. It was a group of 3 archers. Two switched to me and away from our teammate....boom! done.

So, tank or no tank I still worry cause I know I'll be killed over and over again no matter what.
  • umscheumsche Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 461 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    You can avoid some deaths by controlling mobs and dodging at the right moment too.
  • drkbodhidrkbodhi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,378 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Not a HR... and this was in eLoL... but I was hit for 200k+ damage by the sexy scorpios. Here is the issue... I was NOT in RED, nor was I anywhere near them to be hit with a Sting.

This mod has made the Soulforged enchant the most necessry enchant in the game, if you want to go anywhere.
    ez0sf4K.png
    Atwil "At" - Tiefling TR / Saardush - Black Dragonborn GWF / White - Tiefling OP
    Leadership Council of Civil Anarchy
    SYNERGY Alliance
    edited May 2015
    drkbodhi wrote: »
    Not a HR... and this was in eLoL... but I was hit for 200k+ damage by the sexy scorpios. Here is the issue... I was NOT in RED, nor was I anywhere near them to be hit with a Sting.

This mod has made the Soulforged enchant the most necessry enchant in the game, if you want to go anywhere.

Oh ye.
    That's another thing. Has happened to me too a number of times.
    You start taking DOT damage at the scorpions in ELOL out of nowhere...
    No red area beneath you no nothing...

As far as the soulforged is concerned I'll have to say that no. It's not a Mod thing.

A Soulforged enchant is probably the best Quality of Life AD you'll ever spend on an enchant and kind of a MUST when it comes to doing stuff efficiently...

Pre mod 6 for example there was little to no chance you could successfully finish ESOT or any endgame content without one anywayz.

Trust me it's not a mod 6 thing.
    edited May 2015
    umsche wrote: »
    You can avoid some deaths by controlling mobs and dodging at the right moment too.

I can legit Kite one of the Scorpions in Elol, ask anyone who has ran it with me.
    Did it yesterday with a team from NW_legit (till my and 4 other blocks of flats had a major power outage last night...bummer XD)

I know how and when to dodge. Heck I'm even switching my armor reinforcements to stamina gain pretty soon cuz I have this weird feeling that stamina regen kinda got nerfed too.

I'm not even close to how many arcane shifts (while in combat, stamina regen boon and Ioun stone included) I could do pre Mod 6, it just feels as if it's draining too fast and the regen is uber slower.

And as far as powers are concerned I'm using full control (plus 20% bonus from companion gear)

It's just that every time aggro switches from tanks...it's 1-2 hits from any mob...that is not balanced...

Especially ranged mobs should deal less dmg than a melee.

Melee= huge swipes of dmg with a slower rate of swiping....
    Ranged= slightly less dps with increased rate of fire....what normally happens with ranged dps characters
    ^
    This is balance....

Now it feels like ranged ads (mages, archers etc) deal a ****-ton of damage equal what to melee ads deal which is absurd.

If that is the case or someone's idea of a balanced game/increased difficulty then just delete melee ads altogether.
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    39k is nothing. Archer NPCs always hit for a bit less than half of your hit point in T2 dungeons. I still fondly remember yelling on wizards not killing archers fast enough in frozen heart when I was kiting golems with my cleric, and that was two years ago.
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Adapt and accept the new changes cause without them game would be ridiculusly easy.

You're not helping much in keeping in players, new and old with your L2P bs.
  • demonkyuubidemonkyuubi Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    lowendus wrote: »

A Soulforged enchant is probably the best Quality of Life AD you'll ever spend on an enchant and kind of a MUST when it comes to doing stuff efficiently...

Pre mod 6 for example there was little to no chance you could successfully finish ESOT or any endgame content without one anywayz.

Trust me it's not a mod 6 thing.

i distinctly remember soloing the boss in epic shores on my scoundrel in mod 5 and i use elven battle. as long as you don't die, it doesn't matter.
  • zekethesinnerzekethesinner Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 805 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    You start taking DOT damage at the scorpions in ELOL out of nowhere...

LoL, its not out of nowhere, that only show how poor and blind player u r, that DOT is appiled on u when u dodge (writen with red letters on screen) from scorp split atk. Main hit is avoided, but dot is still appiled, probably bug tho, if yes, then from mod4. Coz i observed it back there... Did u rly, after all this time, didnt make this simple conclusion and confiremed it?

Blind players evrywhere. U can look, but u cant observe. Many deaths comes that way. It ur own fault.

Its not mod6 thing, player base always was poor, but non-challenging content was covering this issue, new, when it evrything get much, much harder, weak trees must die. Law of nature. Before mod6 one good player could carry 4 weaklings/newbies/noobs/leecher/skillless, especialy in mod5 (not counting tiamat in, only dungs), now 1 bad player means troubles, 2 means end of game. Im happy to having friends, who acctualy r good players, and almost all of them r between 2-3k IL.

(Sin)cerely
    Kain

• zekethesinnerzekethesinner Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 805 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    And as far as powers are concerned I'm using full control (plus 20% bonus from companion gear)

IT does not aaffect u in anyway, only ur companion.

Back to bosses/adds loosing agro, one ET should close this topic. Ofc gf not always can reach evry add, but that acctualy mostly is caused by hasty players (spanky/sharp i watching u guys), that said, i dont know if u noticed, right taunted boss like first boss in elol, or first one in eCC has only 1 atk, that is not affected by primary aggro, it atks second aggro generating target. Its that **** jump, and u have enought time to even simply walk away (did it many times on cw) from it, if u cant avoid that....

(Sin)cerely
    Kain

• hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,460 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    diogene0 wrote: »
    39k is nothing. Archer NPCs always hit for a bit less than half of your hit point in T2 dungeons. I still fondly remember yelling on wizards not killing archers fast enough in frozen heart when I was kiting golems with my cleric, and that was two years ago.

Yeah, they hit for a lot more than that, and so does everything else. Try this one on for size: I try eCC, spamming Fox's Cunning all the while for the tanks, and generally avoiding most of the aggro. Power isn't too shabby at 12k. However, sometimes things go south and a minion takes a swing at me.

BAM. HP goes from 100% to 10% -- 90k HP gone in a flash.

My defense: 18k. That's right: eighteen thousand -- DR over 53% -- and that piddly minion cut through it like butter. Every single defensive enchantment and runestone on me and my chicken is R12, and my chicken has all that newfangled "loyal defender" gear on. Defense just doesn't get any higher without T2 gear.

And a minion cuts straight through it.

Yep, something is really wrong somewhere.

P.S. The kicker: when I do a Minsc quest and get downleveled to 61, DR is pegged at 100%. Now that is whacked.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • blackxxwolf3blackxxwolf3 Member Posts: 1,539 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    i distinctly remember soloing the boss in epic shores on my scoundrel in mod 5 and i use elven battle. as long as you don't die, it doesn't matter.

that only proves how op trs were in mod 5. can i please have your dodgesd? there so perfect *hr*
  • userutf8userutf8 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 270 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I have 70K hp...if something does as much as sneeze in there, kills me.
    It only takes a 2nd shot.

It's "die" as soon as u pull too much aggro when you have a good enough dps output, which happens a lot.

Please fix T2's.

What you have done there is just absurd.

Peace

stop crying and l2P.
    we've beaten ToS/GWD without any problems and exploits, CC last boss to 35% so far, working on it.
    And yes, people had 2-2,8k in these runs, if this idiotic item level is what you are looking at.
    Peace.
    ABSOLUTE
  • wentriswentris Member Posts: 542 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    that only proves how op trs were in mod 5. can i please have your dodgesd? there so perfect *hr*

Erm, how is that connected to TR power? Any class could solo Garakas, he has only 1 attack u have to pay attention to, the rotation was always the same (if u kept staying with either melee or ranged distance). Might have been a bit challenging with SW, but any class with dodge could stay whole combat on full hp. Actually I think its HR that had easiest time with his fox's cunning

On topic - if u have problem with archers on T2s, take a TR, instead of another CW, they are really better at dealing with them. Stealth, run in front of group, smoke bomb on group of archers, dodge because of 1s bomb delay + maybe dazing strike if they're too spread to be covered in smoke. Then tank can take the group safely. Most deaths occur at the beginning of combat, when somebody gets archer aggro before tank, or tank just dies before mobs are controlled
  • kiraskytowerkiraskytower Member Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited May 2015

The answer here isn't shield, it's a combination of a balanced party (Tank and Cleric, plus a controller) and proper control. You as the control wizard are there to keep the enemies frozen/stunned/prone as much as possible. The adds in the tier 2s are pretty resistant to control, but a well built wizard can considerably decrease the effectiveness of the mobs. As others have said, it's not mod 5. If you jump into the middle of a mob and think hitting steal time or Opressive Force will save you ... then you will die very quickly. Let the tank establish agro. Control with Icy terrain and Conduit of ice, adding in shard and steal time and Opressive force. With a good tank and some work at control it's not too hard to deal with tier 2 mobs. Tier 2 bosses ...

The bosses in ECC are the truly absurd part. The first boss is not so bad and a good CW or 2 can easily control all the adds he spawns. The Adventuring party will kill you quickly. The end boss ... is just absurd. The sheer number of hit points he has makes killing him a lengthy affair even with exceptional DPS. His damage can pretty much one shot everything and the fireballs he tosses make most of the battle field deadly to stand in. Breaking open his cask of whatever it is just causes him to kill the entire party instantly. There are groups that finish this, but most rely on one of a couple of exploits that I won't detail here. Suffice it to say there really isn't a legit way to complete this dungeon given the difficulty of the end boss. The mobs leading up to the end boss are hard, but they can be beaten by an organized party.
    PandorasMisfits_Logo_175_zpskpytcqxc.png
    Winter Lily (CW) / Winter Rose (DC) / Winter Ivy (HR)
    Pandora's Misfits Guild Leader
  • userutf8userutf8 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 270 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    wentris wrote: »
    On topic - if u have problem with archers on T2s, take a TR, instead of another CW, they are really better at dealing with them. Stealth, run in front of group, smoke bomb on group of archers, dodge because of 1s bomb delay + maybe dazing strike if they're too spread to be covered in smoke. Then tank can take the group safely. Most deaths occur at the beginning of combat, when somebody gets archer aggro before tank, or tank just dies before mobs are controlled
    HR is way better for dealing with archers: use crushing roots and forest ghost, apply constricting + then hindering strike. Enough time for CW to dodge forward and cast ST/OF.
    ABSOLUTE
    edited May 2015
    LoL, its not out of nowhere, that only show how poor and blind player u r, that DOT is appiled on u when u dodge (writen with red letters on screen) from scorp split atk. Main hit is avoided, but dot is still appiled, probably bug tho, if yes, then from mod4. Coz i observed it back there... Did u rly, after all this time, didnt make this simple conclusion and confiremed it?

Blind players evrywhere. U can look, but u cant observe. Many deaths comes that way. It ur own fault.

Its not mod6 thing, player base always was poor, but non-challenging content was covering this issue, new, when it evrything get much, much harder, weak trees must die. Law of nature. Before mod6 one good player could carry 4 weaklings/newbies/noobs/leecher/skillless, especialy in mod5 (not counting tiamat in, only dungs), now 1 bad player means troubles, 2 means end of game. Im happy to having friends, who acctualy r good players, and almost all of them r between 2-3k IL.

(Sin)cerely
    Kain

What exactly don't you understand ?

I'm standing away from aoe's not even aggro on a scorpion and start taking DOT damage out of nowhere...
    No projectile splash damage near me, no nothing.

Excuse me but I've ran elol pre mod 6 a buzzilion times and never had this <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> happen again.

I know what I'm seeing so keep your salty attitude to yerself....

Peace
    edited May 2015
    IT does not aaffect u in anyway, only ur companion.

Back to bosses/adds loosing agro, one ET should close this topic. Ofc gf not always can reach evry add, but that acctualy mostly is caused by hasty players (spanky/sharp i watching u guys), that said, i dont know if u noticed, right taunted boss like first boss in elol, or first one in eCC has only 1 atk, that is not affected by primary aggro, it atks second aggro generating target. Its that **** jump, and u have enought time to even simply walk away (did it many times on cw) from it, if u cant avoid that....

(Sin)cerely
    Kain

Ioun stone...
    edited May 2015
    sorry op people in this thread are being incredibly stupid
    edited May 2015
    The answer here isn't shield, it's a combination of a balanced party (Tank and Cleric, plus a controller) and proper control. You as the control wizard are there to keep the enemies frozen/stunned/prone as much as possible. The adds in the tier 2s are pretty resistant to control, but a well built wizard can considerably decrease the effectiveness of the mobs. As others have said, it's not mod 5. If you jump into the middle of a mob and think hitting steal time or Opressive Force will save you ... then you will die very quickly. Let the tank establish agro. Control with Icy terrain and Conduit of ice, adding in shard and steal time and Opressive force. With a good tank and some work at control it's not too hard to deal with tier 2 mobs. Tier 2 bosses ...

The bosses in ECC are the truly absurd part. The first boss is not so bad and a good CW or 2 can easily control all the adds he spawns. The Adventuring party will kill you quickly. The end boss ... is just absurd. The sheer number of hit points he has makes killing him a lengthy affair even with exceptional DPS. His damage can pretty much one shot everything and the fireballs he tosses make most of the battle field deadly to stand in. Breaking open his cask of whatever it is just causes him to kill the entire party instantly. There are groups that finish this, but most rely on one of a couple of exploits that I won't detail here. Suffice it to say there really isn't a legit way to complete this dungeon given the difficulty of the end boss. The mobs leading up to the end boss are hard, but they can be beaten by an organized party.

I kinda never jumped into mobs ever bro. Even before this mod.

I always let the tank establish aggro. That's part of his job description. I always let them do their job.
    Then...
    I have a nice combo tab-chill strike-> Conduit -> Icy terrain onto where I stand....then move backwards and casting steal time...
    This way I slow mobs onto the icy terrain as they come towards me and as steal time pops they get stunned onto the ice and freeze.
    It's Oppressive force after that, rinse and repeat.
    Combine that with the rest of the team and gg.

I've done this so many times I can repeat the process calculating mob speed and distance with a 90+% accuracy

It's pretty solid and works wonders.

Done ECC legit with a great pally and tank, killed even the adventuring party and all stuff on our way to the last joke of a boss.

But my original statement stands.

Archers should not deal as much damage as melee ads.

I really can't understand why some of the elitist scum here turn this against me and start bm'ing. gfto and continue playing with your 3K IL friends, get carried by them. I want a balanced game I can play with 2 - 2.2K IL PPL (as stated in the entry requirement)

And it is basic BALANCING in games WORLDWIDE for ranged npcs do deal LESS DAMAGE than MELEE npcs...

Peace
    edited May 2015
    sorry op people in this thread are being incredibly stupid

I opened a big can o' worms didn't I ?

lol
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I kinda never jumped into mobs ever bro. Even before this mod.

I always let the tank establish aggro. That's part of his job description. I always let them do their job.
    Then...
    I have a nice combo tab-chill strike-> Conduit -> Icy terrain onto where I stand....then move backwards and casting steal time...
    This way I slow mobs onto the icy terrain as they come towards me and as steal time pops they get stunned onto the ice and freeze.
    It's Oppressive force after that, rinse and repeat.
    Combine that with the rest of the team and gg.

I've done this so many times I can repeat the process calculating mob speed and distance with a 90+% accuracy

It's pretty solid and works wonders.

Done ECC legit with a great pally and tank, killed even the adventuring party and all stuff on our way to the last joke of a boss.

I really can't understand why some of the elitist scum here turn this against me and start bm'ing. gfto and continue playing with your 3K IL friends, get carried by them. I want a balanced game I can play with 2 - 2.2K IL PPL (as stated in the entry requirement)

And it is basic BALANCING in games WORLDWIDE for ranged npcs do deal LESS DAMAGE than MELEE npcs...

Peace

Just stand on their spawn location as a CW. Rangers have a much easier time with their stuns but it is how it is. On my CW in GWD I just stand where archers spawn, keep OF ready for the spawn, use it, double dodge, then steal time, shard, terrain, coi and they're probably dead already. The balance is in the fact that ranged npcs have almost no hit points. 100-150k at most, which is nothing, barely one rotation.
    edited May 2015
    diogene0 wrote: »
    Just stand on their spawn location as a CW. Rangers have a much easier time with their stuns but it is how it is. On my CW in GWD I just stand where archers spawn, keep OF ready for the spawn, use it, double dodge, then steal time, shard, terrain, coi and they're probably dead already. The balance is in the fact that ranged npcs have almost no hit points. 100-150k at most, which is nothing, barely one rotation.

Hm. Will try that next run I guess.

Thx
    edited May 2015
    I opened a big can o' worms didn't I ?

lol

yup people are very rude on the forums cause they dont have to face you in real life.
  • darkstarcrashdarkstarcrash Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,382 Arc User
    edited May 2015

Peace

I disagree that ranged npcs should deal less damage than melee - and from what I recall of my WoW raid days, it certainly wasn't always the case.

Ranged NPCs should be dangerous, but they should have low hitpoints, so focus fire will kill them quickly.

And according to diogene0, that is the case.