test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Why is this community so dam selfish?

Comments

• horrthurrhorrthurr Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    community is selfish ? Game is barely working you IDIOT ! With lags, bugs, inbalance and ****ty 16x3 questing system without a hint of storylanes.
  • gramps5scorpiongramps5scorpion Member Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    quspiv wrote: »
    Remove kicking option from public queues and add afk detector instead. Premades can kick themself all their want, but public queue's should be free from their elitism.

Absolutely agree with this! The game has become near impossible to advance due to the elitism attitude in pug queues. I don't even bother anymore. Just before mod 6 I was in eLoL, was not only carrying my weight but was healing those that were not. We were at the last boss, I was the only one left in the ring to fight, lasted an extra 4 or 5 minutes on my own before being killed. The moment I was killed (everyone else was camped at the fire due to being killed before me) I was kicked from the group. I was dumbfounded by the very fact that I was able to last the longest yet was kicked. Remove the public queue kicking mechanism and insert a afk monitor to kick the non-playing members and leave those who are actively contributing to the fight to continue without worry of being kicked.

Just one example of a scenario of the kick mechanism being abused. A public group should NOT have a leader who can dictate whether or not another player should be allowed in the group.

Having said all that, the only way a change like that could work is if the queue system created a better balanced group and the mobs levels adjusted to the group's levels. That would make all players in the group on an equal playing ground, aside from their own ability to use and play their character correctly. At least that way everyone will have a chance to learn how to play their character instead of trying and being kicked.
    Take the extra time to do the job right and it will never come back to bite you in the A**
  • stretch611stretch611 Member Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    bioshrike wrote: »
    Part of the issue is the method to obtaining better gear isn't very streamlined - You do T1's to get the blue Alliance gear, but they're too hard if you only have green gear (fresh 70) - there should be an intermediary step to get better gear, but the "leveling dungeons" are mindnumbingly boring, and don't reliably drop blue gear of your actual level - I've gotten 50-69 blues from the bosses in ToS, for instance, and the end chests don't open w/ the dungeon event.

They need to reevaluate steps to getting better gear...

I agree... this is spot on. It is very difficult to get decent equipment to run the dungeons. Even with rank 7s and an item level well above the minimum, if you do not have gear that supports weapon and armor enchants, you are going nowhere fast. The following is from Lair of Lostmauth, a tier 1 dungeon that obviously requires gear better than what a person can get while leveling.

How is someone supposed to survive that with leveling gear? (and that 386k of damage isnt even a crit-hit) They can't... if they do not have a Soulforge enchant, they will be on the ground from a single unlucky hit in a t1. While the Well of Dragons campaign does have a vendor selling some gear with armor enhancement slots, it suffers the problem of being too difficult for people who do not already have gear.
    @stretch611

Murphster - SS CW | Jennsen Rahl - MoF CW
    Taarna - GWF
    Eowyn - Protector OP | Leela - Devoted OP
    Mara Jade - TR
    Leeloo - Tempt SW | Kahlan Amnell - Fury SW | Galadriel - Damnation SW
    Sturm Nightblade - GF
  • nwoun1nwoun1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    pycon929 wrote: »
    This is the first MMO I've ever played where elitists spout their ignorant opinions everywhere you go. The worst area? Finding groups for dungeons. Tell me how this makes any sense:

1. Gear offered by seals vendor makes game more enjoyable (I can understand this)
    2. Epic dungeons that drop seals needed to buy gear from seals vendor (I can understand this)
    3. Having the required item level (which in reality is still just gear score...) to run said dungeons (Yay!)
    4. Never being able to run said dungeons simply b/c your item level doesn't exceed the required amount by at least 500-1k (Wait...What?)

My point is, these item level requirements to get into these dungeons now are completely and utterly pointless. I have yet to see anyone taking item levels under at least 2.5k let alone locks for that matter.

You have the required item level to run dungeons, yet you can never run dungeons b/c players only want item levels way higher than the requirement??

This has bugged me since way before mod 6. It's only starting to hit me now seeing as how triumph seals have been taken away from us. Does this only bother me or is the community really that selfish?

Multiple problems contribute to what you are experiencing. First of all gear requirements are too low. It's a symptom since the early days and you should not expect to be able to beat dungeons if you barely have the minimum. People know so they are setting their own bars.

Because of this and the massive jump in difficulty, there's a huge and increasing gap between the haves and have-nots. The PVE progression is currently broken and it's not only the gear. What separates those that can efficiently and confidently beat the content are Enchantment and Artifact levels and you're getting little to nothing in terms of that from the bosses and chests.

Going a step further, even if you would be willing to help people gearing up, getting them the T2 sets doesn't really mean you are building up a geared teammate, because there's still an epic load of RPs needed to be competitive. And those RPs come from an army of Leadership ALTs, invoking or spending money, not by completing dungeons.

The game literally adds no incentive to help people gear up.
  • nwoun1nwoun1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    bioshrike wrote: »
    Part of the issue is the method to obtaining better gear isn't very streamlined - You do T1's to get the blue Alliance gear, but they're too hard if you only have green gear (fresh 70) - there should be an intermediary step to get better gear, but the "leveling dungeons" are mindnumbingly boring, and don't reliably drop blue gear of your actual level - I've gotten 50-69 blues from the bosses in ToS, for instance, and the end chests don't open w/ the dungeon event.

They need to reevaluate steps to getting better gear...

This absolutely. You can complain about bad attitude all you want, but the underlying problem is bad mechanics/decisions from the devs.
  • greatweaponarmygreatweaponarmy Member Posts: 352 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    He's just a lonely trying to get attention by stomping his feet like a child, because that is the way his folks gave him attention growing up.

Keep being bitter because you got utterly embarrassed the other day.

Just lol at your life.
  • syrickwolfsyrickwolf Member Posts: 102
    edited May 2015
    horrthurr wrote: »
    community is selfish ? Game is barely working you IDIOT ! With lags, bugs, inbalance and ****ty 16x3 questing system without a hint of storylanes.

this all the way
    edited May 2015
    nwoun1 wrote: »
    Multiple problems contribute to what you are experiencing. First of all gear requirements are too low. It's a symptom since the early days and you should not expect to be able to beat dungeons if you barely have the minimum. People know so they are setting their own bars.

Because of this and the massive jump in difficulty, there's a huge and increasing gap between the haves and have-nots. The PVE progression is currently broken and it's not only the gear. What separates those that can efficiently and confidently beat the content are Enchantment and Artifact levels and you're getting little to nothing in terms of that from the bosses and chests.

Going a step further, even if you would be willing to help people gearing up, getting them the T2 sets doesn't really mean you are building up a geared teammate, because there's still an epic load of RPs needed to be competitive. And those RPs come from an army of Leadership ALTs, invoking or spending money, not by completing dungeons.

^^^ +1 That too!
    Take the extra time to do the job right and it will never come back to bite you in the A**
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    nwoun1 wrote: »

Definitely. The difficulty isn't much of an issue, people are still learning and need time to adapt. But once the newer players reach an item level of 1500-1600 it's going to be extremely hard for them to go any further. Getting refinement points is clearly tedious and barely doable anymore. You may play specific content (like heralds in well of dragons) but that's it, and dungeons aren't as rewarding as they used to be in terms of refinment points. No more enchantment shards really hurt new players - how are they supposed to realistically get a soulforged or a vorpal now?

The truth is that dungeons are nerfed module after module, and soon there will be no point playing the game anymore if you ever intend to see your characters progressing, unless they stop all the artifact equipment bullcrap and start making dungeons drop legendary gear which is close to artifact equipment gear, or drastically increase the non-fallacious AD sink artifact gear RP rewards across the board.
  • schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    1. game and content is far away from casual friendly gameplay atm, thats right, having no guild and beeing a player who enjoys doing content on his own is hard these days
    my GWF is guildless, beiing <2k blue gear it took some time to get pieces of T1 by queuing, beeing kicked sometimes until I joined a partys with one or two strong players who helped me through kessel or elol , not having tested MB or shores or VT (will be next)
    I drank lots of pots and lots of helth care units since mod 6
    --> all in all I like it more than getting everything for free like in mod 5

2. my personal feeling about kicking: I don´t care beeing kicked in some casses going random and beeing mixed with ppl who wait since 10min to get a tank or a healer and are really a bit desperate about the fact that the matchmaker in this game is some kind of imbecile...
    lots of fresh lev 70 player queue wit 35k HP (old sets) and hope to meet a party that accept it, f.e my last run elol lasted about 2 hours, in the end we made it, wiped endless times, dragon near dead
    our CW was 35k and was 1. place in damage in the last try with his T1 damage set, but he was onehittet 15 time before or more very early and was the reason Nr. 1, why it lasted so long, but noone kicked him, nor voted for it
    communication in the group from first moment was good
    communication in >80 % is very bad in case of international mix and lots of player queue and don´t know the boss encounter or do not understand what is ment by tiping 6-9, 9-12, 12-3 or 3-6 when going Valindra
    lots of these player don´t write or tell anything in the chat, that they do not know what to do, probably in case of not understanding english, ending up getting kicked after 3 or more wipes from party --> there is no solution for this case because--> if i can´t understand other player, don´t know the encounter and have very bad equip on top I can not expect from my partymember to be tolerant for hours in wasting the few hours they try to enjoy the game

3. I did never kick a player, but facing these voting kicks I have recognized: the system does not care about my vote in near 100% of cases, because it is some kind of... you know what

4. I don´t queue for T2 dungeons random , even if I was better geared, tbh an average player needs about 3k GS or better and tons of HP to go there imo
    the blue T1 gear is only very little worse than T2 purple, so its no need to go there
    if I would spend tons of money to this game ot tons of time I would be able to try T2 dungeon, but I am not..

so my advice would be:
    1. look for a guild, cause there you get help in most cases if you need help with encounter or class, in mod 6 this is the only solution for you
    2. if you want to be on your own, inform yourself about the encounter looking --> youtube <-- to understand what to do, in case you don´t want to be kicked and don´t want to be a burdon, but do want to run dungeons and have fun
    3. read the forum for best setup, build and rotation/encounter if you want to succed and don´t want to ask ppl in game or joining a guild--> spending lots of hours in this game and queing randon to do some very hard encounter, I would expect this from a player who wants to be tolerated in a group, other wise do dailies
    4. if you want to play with elitits player; i don´t, be elitist and get GS>3k by P2W or exploit and spam the chat with things like:
    --> lfm DC AP setup 3k+++ for eCC, GF/OP 3k+++ for eCC multiruns or eTOS lfm 2xCW dps 2,5k+++

I don´t care
  • drezzatdrezzat Member Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    This is all the fault of cryptic's mod 6, I don't know whether the guys that got fired saw it coming and tried to screw cryptic or whether Cryptic is just stupid. They they have just about made it impossible to advance to epic gear, no blue gear drops, Can't run a 1600 item lvl dungeon with 2500 Ilvl, it's just ridiculous. No one at this point is going to waste time wiith a lowered gear player in these next to impossible dungeons and I don't blame them. At lease they kick you at the beginning and not after you get half way thru. A 45 min dungeon now takes at least 45 min or more so no one wants to waste 2 or 3 hours in a dungeon with players that can't contribute. As I said mod 6 is completely SNAFU and FUBAR. All the fun is gone, I'm just clocking time til they fix it or NW goes under. I can tell you the xbox crowd is not gonna put up with this they'll just switch to another game. Whoever told cryptic/PW that xboxers would fork out tons of cash for HoTN packs or ZM items was either stupid ignorant or lying to them. Too many other game options. When you can buy a whole game for 30-40 bucks with maybe 5 or 10 dollar DL's that WORK and with all new content no one on an xbox is throwing bucks at the zen market. With Cryptic/pw dumping all over their current PC customers I predict a complete collapse of this game in 3-6 months. I've been waiting 6 weeks for support to fix an issue and all i get is "we're too busy to reply" reponses and then they close the ticket without doing anything and when I ask again they scold me for duplicate tickets. PC player issues are on the back burner or in the round file while they try to save this xbox one disaster
    edited May 2015
    asterotg wrote: »
    You know, that ppl play to have fun and not to carry other ppl? If we run premade, we know this skill/ gear/ class combo can clear this dungeon and we win every time.

I don't think ppl enter the queue to be carried. They enter to have fun as well. A public queue should be evenly matched and a place to learn/earn experience with your character. If you don't want to carry someone then form your own group of ppl YOU choose to play with and leave the public queue's for those that are learning to play

Now add randoms. You dont know how they play, they dont know your gear/ skills/ rotation. My expirience is, if you are lucky, there is no problem, but most of the times, you can carry one random and otherwise you fail.

A few days ago a friend asked me to run with his guild. He started a party, invited his pals and a random CW, I played DC. Full premade I run with HP set 45k HP for the debuff, our tanks CWs/ HRs/ TRs are good enough to tank/ CC the mobs and the debuff is helping a lot. Furthermore I play rightous with astral seal. Premade full debuff, maybe empowered astral shield, depending on class combo, another heal. We cleared ELOL without a problem besides massive lags many times. In this run, the tank did not allway get the aggro of all mobs, the CW did not do enough CC and the DDs did a tiny bit more dmg (exept the one we usually run with), than my DC with (due to the needs of the tank) bastion of health, divine glow and astral shield slotted . Guess what? We whiped time and time again. The CW flamed me for not healing him enough and put me on ignore.

This is Mod 6. It is difficult and a run depends on class combo, skill and gear. I understand, that you are mad, if you join a group at the bossfight and they kick you without giving you a chance to prove yourself, BUT maybe they tried this class combo or similar ones for hours and decided, that they need a GF, OP or a DC and waited for one of them to join? THEY did the work to clear the dungeon, THEY should decide, who they want to join, not a random que. If the players would not abuse kick and kick vote as it is, you could just switch players, if needed. In LOTRO the leader was allowed to kick and invite at will, there was no problem bc no one abused it. We had a smaller community and if a player or guild was called out for abusing the kick possibility, they had to switch to another server or stop playing bc no one grouped with them any more.

Public queues ARE random queues...period! If you don't want randomness due to the fact you have group expectations then form your own group. Geeesh....It's players like you that have ruined the random queue experience
  • syrickwolfsyrickwolf Member Posts: 102
    edited May 2015
    Public queues ARE random queues...period! If you don't want randomness due to the fact you have group expectations then form your own group. Geeesh....It's players like you that have ruined the random queue experience
    you obviously didnt read his comment. bravo now you look like a total idiot.
    edited May 2015
    syrickwolf wrote: »
    you obviously didnt read his comment. bravo now you look like a total idiot.

Actually that green message was MY comment inserted into the quote... Not sure how to separate pieces of the quote to comment individually so I highlighted my portion in green. You would know that if you would have read the OP's original that I quoted from. But nice try anyway!
  • matthiasthehun76matthiasthehun76 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,184 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    pycon929 wrote: »
    This is the first MMO I've ever played where elitists spout their ignorant opinions everywhere you go. The worst area? Finding groups for dungeons. Tell me how this makes any sense:

1. Gear offered by seals vendor makes game more enjoyable (I can understand this)
    2. Epic dungeons that drop seals needed to buy gear from seals vendor (I can understand this)
    3. Having the required item level (which in reality is still just gear score...) to run said dungeons (Yay!)
    4. Never being able to run said dungeons simply b/c your item level doesn't exceed the required amount by at least 500-1k (Wait...What?)

My point is, these item level requirements to get into these dungeons now are completely and utterly pointless. I have yet to see anyone taking item levels under at least 2.5k let alone locks for that matter.

You have the required item level to run dungeons, yet you can never run dungeons b/c players only want item levels way higher than the requirement??

This has bugged me since way before mod 6. It's only starting to hit me now seeing as how triumph seals have been taken away from us. Does this only bother me or is the community really that selfish?

Harsh environment, which means the difficulty and the fact that many of the decent players from the beginning left the game, because of various reasons... The fact, that the game pushes the elitists is sadly true, just look at PVP for instance or the LFG window. This game is broken in a way, that if you can afford a higher rank enchant, you will be automatically better, without having to develop skills. Item level has changed nothing, the kid has just got another name and a lower number, but other than that everything stayed the same.

My gripe nowadays is the negation enchant, if one can afford it, he will become a better PVPer, but are his skills better? NO, he is just lucky to be able to afford an enchant, which makes him better.

This artifact thing has this side effect too. Can one pay for legendary, yes or no, this decides again, how much one is desired by others to be a part of their group. It has become trendy amongst many to simply just look at your gear and not your skills, many people are so.

Broken classes,which are understandably not so wanted or on the other hand very welcome in a dungeon run.

Last, but not least F2P has all sorts of people and all sorts of ages. Now combine the two and sometimes you get a horrible combination.
    The real honest man is honest from conviction of what is right, not from policy.
    Robert E. Lee

I only believe in statistics that I doctored myself.
    Winston Churchill

The human race is a herd. Here we are, unique, eternal aspects of consciousness with an infinity of potential, and we have allowed ourselves to become an unthinking, unquestioning blob of conformity and uniformity. A herd. Once we concede to the herd mentality, we can be controlled and directed by a tiny few. And we are.
    David Icke

• cheesegromitcheesegromit Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Crafting. Get blue gear (only slightly worse than epic pvp 70lvl gear) from crafting. It's a great boost in stats.

Are these the rare level 25 crafting tasks? They're not going to be viable for many I'd think because of the requirements, both consumables and tools. Anything less than a tier 3 results doesn't have an enchant slot.
  • translucentwolftranslucentwolf Member Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Game is not casual friendly. If you were not here from beta, you may want to just pack it in an head elsewhere. Neverwinter is now hardcore only.
  • asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User
    edited May 2015

Did you read my comment. I was NOT talking about random runs, but premade runs that failed to kill the boss and waited for a needed class. Based on your logic, you have to take every player the system dishes out to you and fail until one of the group or all of them give up. It is a fact, that you either need BIS players or certain group compositions to kill the boss in ELOL.

You need a tank, you get a HR. You need a DC, you get a TR. Everybody knows, that you cant complete the run, but it is a public que...

I would NEVER run ELOL in Mod 6 with a PuG group. It is to difficult. In Mod 5 we sometimes invited random players, to have 5 ppl. We completed the runs premade in 7 minutes. A few of the randoms wrote after the boss kill 'OMG, thats the first time, that I see him dead'.

I tried to argue the point of the other players here. This is no elitism, but facts. We run with players between 1.6 and 3.3k IL, but we know each other and build the groups based on the content and on the ability/ gear of our group.

I am wrong, you say. Take 5 random DDs, 1.6k IL, no OP, no DC, no GF and kill the boss in ELOL, then you can tell me that you have to run with everybody the que sees as a valid addition to your group.
    Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.
  • healaryhealary Member Posts: 600 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    No problem. Just another reason not to do dungeons or anything that requires a team. Huge reason for not spending a real penny in this game since nobody wants to spend thousands of real dollars and still get kicked. Huge reason for letting the gold spammers to go bankrupt. The game is still free to play. Enjoy the free content the truly free way.
  • urlord283urlord283 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I believe there will not be end game content couse there will be no "end Game"

That said

Some things need to change

UrLord
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,462 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Thought mod 6 was a solution to the whole "power creep", but instead...it had the complete opposite affect. It has divided the playerbase from 'quitting casuals' to 'elitist wallet warriors' demanding the best. keep hearing it's end-game content...more like THE end of game.

The inevitable consequence of jacking up enemy difficulty: those who can be "wallet warriors" jack up their gear to adapt, and those who cannot get left behind.

Mod. 5. Was. Better. You had lots of options for gear to choose from: T1 (four types), T2 (four types), T2.5 (two types), BI, DT, and the PvP variants (and maybe some things I've forgotten). Players could progress in a gradual, logical fashion, choosing the gear that best suited their playstyle. Now, instead of climbing small steps, it's just one large wall -- and not everyone is able to parkour up it. Added to that is the fact that the nature of the changes has pigeonholed everyone into certain "viable" builds (e.g. I triple-dog-dare whoever likes the current difficulty -- forum posters, devs, whoever -- to build an HR stormwarden archer and do it. Don't cop out and pick a trapper, do it with an archer who doesn't have CC abilities).

Prior to mod 6 I enjoyed going into LFG chat and helping less-geared players get their T1 gear. Sometimes some groups would politely say that they didn't want me along because it would make it too easy. I was really impressed in cases like that, but I still enjoyed helping people who needed it. Now, I can't even do that anymore because they can't survive it and I can't provide enough of a boost, even as (as of this writing) a 3.9k HR with 11k power, 16.2k defense and 49.2% DR. The dungeon trash mobs are THAT tough.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • zekethesinnerzekethesinner Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 805 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I dont remember being left behind, and i didnt even spend a penny... I have two toons which can take part in endgame (for now its t2 dungs, seems like). @hustin1, u r not supposed to be tank, hr is cleary a dps/support class, u r just a poor soul, which cant adjust to what happend.

About before mod6 yeah, ppl had options to gear with, what was the effect? Hr running in forest lord, cw runing in magelord, gwf running in 2/4+2/4 to boost his gs to 24k :D Give ppl choice, and they will make stupid one, now at least they cant make it (well they still have 50/50). Before mod6 it was usualy 1-2 sets out of 19 (3 t1, 3t2, 3 t2.5, 2x BI, 3 grim, 3 sent, DT, GG set) sets or so, just want to mention, cw had only 2 good choices, etc, etc. And as i have said, ppl were making stupid ones.

(Sin)cerely
    Kain

• matthiasthehun76matthiasthehun76 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,184 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I dont remember being left behind, and i didnt even spend a penny... I have two toons which can take part in endgame (for now its t2 dungs, seems like). @hustin1, u r not supposed to be tank, hr is cleary a dps/support class, u r just a poor soul, which cant adjust to what happend.

About before mod6 yeah, ppl had options to gear with, what was the effect? Hr running in forest lord, cw runing in magelord, gwf running in 2/4+2/4 to boost his gs to 24k :D Give ppl choice, and they will make stupid one, now at least they cant make it (well they still have 50/50). Before mod6 it was usualy 1-2 sets out of 19 (3 t1, 3t2, 3 t2.5, 2x BI, 3 grim, 3 sent, DT, GG set) sets or so, just want to mention, cw had only 2 good choices, etc, etc. And as i have said, ppl were making stupid ones.

(Sin)cerely
    Kain

In some cases it was selfish and only to push GS, but in some it was nearly inevitable for some builds.

Still no matter, how you think, people made wrong choices or not, they had the freedom to do it, now they don't!

This should be a fun game, not a strict military operation, without any good tacticians guiding it.
    The real honest man is honest from conviction of what is right, not from policy.
    Robert E. Lee

I only believe in statistics that I doctored myself.
    Winston Churchill

The human race is a herd. Here we are, unique, eternal aspects of consciousness with an infinity of potential, and we have allowed ourselves to become an unthinking, unquestioning blob of conformity and uniformity. A herd. Once we concede to the herd mentality, we can be controlled and directed by a tiny few. And we are.
    David Icke

• myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Game is not casual friendly. If you were not here from beta, you may want to just pack it in an head elsewhere. Neverwinter is now hardcore only.

I have been casual player since beta. The game has some issues, but I am still hanging in there . . .
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
  • ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I've been running dungeons with my guildmates nightly, and it's been fine. The T1 dungeons are harder, but that makes them a lot more fun. We're actually playing TOGETHER instead of 5 individuals seeing how fast they can run through the virtual environment.

If anything, people in my community are playing together MORE and having MORE fun because of it.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
    edited May 2015
    asterotg wrote: »
    Did you read my comment. I was NOT talking about random runs, but premade runs that failed to kill the boss and waited for a needed class. Based on your logic, you have to take every player the system dishes out to you and fail until one of the group or all of them give up. It is a fact, that you either need BIS players or certain group compositions to kill the boss in ELOL.

You need a tank, you get a HR. You need a DC, you get a TR. Everybody knows, that you cant complete the run, but it is a public que...

I would NEVER run ELOL in Mod 6 with a PuG group. It is to difficult. In Mod 5 we sometimes invited random players, to have 5 ppl. We completed the runs premade in 7 minutes. A few of the randoms wrote after the boss kill 'OMG, thats the first time, that I see him dead'.

I tried to argue the point of the other players here. This is no elitism, but facts. We run with players between 1.6 and 3.3k IL, but we know each other and build the groups based on the content and on the ability/ gear of our group.

I am wrong, you say. Take 5 random DDs, 1.6k IL, no OP, no DC, no GF and kill the boss in ELOL, then you can tell me that you have to run with everybody the que sees as a valid addition to your group.

My apologies! I did read it but interpreted it wrong. You were talking about having to insert a random into your already formed group... Although I agree that it is tough to get what you want with randoms, I still see it as unfair to the person that queued to play only to get kicked because of the wrong class or stats... IMHO, the queue system needs to better determine what class is missing and be more helpful in injecting the right class with the right balance. As it is, players are still having a hard time to get anywhere with the kicking mechanism and queueing flaws.
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,462 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    @hustin1, u r not supposed to be tank, hr is cleary a dps/support class, u r just a poor soul, which cant adjust to what happend.

Thank you for that condescending reply. It also doesn't make sense. I could boost DPS instead of defense (actually not so much since, you know, one uses offensive slots and one uses defensive slots). I could swap jewelry, artifacts, and companions, and change how it's biased.

I could add more DPS (and probably will, but I've been pushing the defensive enchantments to R12 first -- it's not exactly inexpensive to do so).

When I boost DPS, I also get more aggro. So, when the archer, rotter, skeleton, wight, or other critter notices the ranger chick filling them with arrows, how do I survive (especially since, with Stormwarden HR's AoE powers, I've likely angered more than one critter at a time).

Oh, yeah...DEFENSE!

So spare me. Boosting defense is my way of adapting -- to critters that do way too much damage.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • gogu79gogu79 Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Join the NW_Legit_Community now! You won't experience selfishness ever again! Because legit is the best thing that happened in this entire game! Such a heavenly community, accepting anyone! Absolutely anyone!

Legit 5 3v3r !!!

what what ? again this bull**** with legit channels with a bounch of legit ******** on it?
    dude all need to play same game not only 10% (legit ********) with legits channels who want to rulls this game
    for me thiss called "legit channels" its legit way to exploit this game and should be removed or closed
    Dragons? On MY Way !!
  • fantasycharacterfantasycharacter Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 675 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Keep being bitter because you got utterly embarrassed the other day.

Huh?

I am calling you on your child-like antics. You wanted attention for being silly, here it is :D
  • jcktattoojcktattoo Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    easy bro

weak and lazy developers and producer, really we need remind this when NW fail because this guys...