test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Why is this community so dam selfish?

pycon929pycon929 Member Posts: 50
edited May 2015 in General Discussion (PC)
This is the first MMO I've ever played where elitists spout their ignorant opinions everywhere you go. The worst area? Finding groups for dungeons. Tell me how this makes any sense:

1. Gear offered by seals vendor makes game more enjoyable (I can understand this)
2. Epic dungeons that drop seals needed to buy gear from seals vendor (I can understand this)
3. Having the required item level (which in reality is still just gear score...) to run said dungeons (Yay!)
4. Never being able to run said dungeons simply b/c your item level doesn't exceed the required amount by at least 500-1k (Wait...What?)

My point is, these item level requirements to get into these dungeons now are completely and utterly pointless. I have yet to see anyone taking item levels under at least 2.5k let alone locks for that matter.

You have the required item level to run dungeons, yet you can never run dungeons b/c players only want item levels way higher than the requirement??

This has bugged me since way before mod 6. It's only starting to hit me now seeing as how triumph seals have been taken away from us. Does this only bother me or is the community really that selfish?
Post edited by pycon929 on

Comments

• hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,462 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I think it's a symptom of the fact that difficulty is so over-the-top. My HR has 3.9k iLvl, 14.6k defense, and yet yesterday I was immediately kicked as soon as I entered eLoL maybe half a dozen times. People are looking for a win, and sadly that's making a lot of people as unforgiving as the content.

If you think that's bad, you should see the vitriol when you actually get in a party. This mod has really gotten people's nerves raw.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • ph33rm3ph33rm3 Member Posts: 549 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    pycon929 wrote: »
    This is the first MMO I've ever played where elitists spout their ignorant opinions everywhere you go. The worst area? Finding groups for dungeons. Tell me how this makes any sense:

1. Gear offered by seals vendor makes game more enjoyable (I can understand this)
    2. Epic dungeons that drop seals needed to buy gear from seals vendor (I can understand this)
    3. Having the required item level (which in reality is still just gear score...) to run said dungeons (Yay!)
    4. Never being able to run said dungeons simply b/c your item level doesn't exceed the required amount by at least 500-1k (Wait...What?)

My point is, these item level requirements to get into these dungeons now are completely and utterly pointless. I have yet to see anyone taking item levels under at least 2.5k let alone locks for that matter.

You have the required item level to run dungeons, yet you can never run dungeons b/c players only want item levels way higher than the requirement??

This has bugged me since way before mod 6. It's only starting to hit me now seeing as how triumph seals have been taken away from us. Does this only bother me or is the community really that selfish?

Nobody wants to help anybody unless there is something in it for them. It's like that in all games. There are a few willing to help. *Shrugs* That's what you have to expect, playing with humans.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,353 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I am in the same boat but I don't blame them.

Everybody can have so much "quality" time per day to play the game. They want their limited time worthwhile.
    It has nothing about selfish or not. Most people come here to have fun. They can choose whoever they want such as class, item score, etc.

You can start your own group and look for people with lower item level. You are not alone and your group could be popular.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • lastwolf25lastwolf25 Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Me too, tried to enter Malabog castle and got kicked cause my gear barelly pass the minimum 1600, then got a pm telling me to grind PvP to get the burning set before I could join the dungeons, why should I grind PvP if I hate it since always, and even more how can I get better gear if I can't get access to the maps that give the seals to get me the better gear?
  • burkaancburkaanc Member Posts: 2,186 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    ph33rm3 wrote: »
    Nobody wants to help anybody unless there is something in it for them. It's like that in all games. There are a few willing to help. *Shrugs* That's what you have to expect, playing with humans.

find a guild, also not everybody is like that, when we have a slot or 2 with tank and heals covered in guild run for t1 we dont care about gear, as long as he isnt completely useless, but yeah without a guild dungeons suck, and it doesnt matter if you are low gs trying to find gear or high enough ilvl getting "special" party members
    Paladin Master Race
  • cheesegromitcheesegromit Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    hustin1 wrote: »
    I think it's a symptom of the fact that difficulty is so over-the-top. My HR has 3.9k iLvl, 14.6k defense, and yet yesterday I was immediately kicked as soon as I entered eLoL maybe half a dozen times. People are looking for a win, and sadly that's making a lot of people as unforgiving as the content.

If you think that's bad, you should see the vitriol when you actually get in a party. This mod has really gotten people's nerves raw.

It was the same before mod 6, in terms of people wanting high gear score parties. Can't comment on the kicking aspect.
  • query523query523 Member Posts: 1,515 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    My amusing social experiment. My HR is actually much stronger than my tank. But it is a pain getting dungeons with him, even though he out-DPSs most of the prefered DPSers while doing support. Figuring out the mechanics of the new dungeons took forever because if I did not have friends on I could not find a group. Play my tank for a while. No matter how under-geared/ unprepared she was for the delve everyone was like "that's OK! Stick around! We'll help you." Bonus laughs. She's a conq. Survives the same way my HR does by not letting them hit her repeatedly.......
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Part of the issue is the method to obtaining better gear isn't very streamlined - You do T1's to get the blue Alliance gear, but they're too hard if you only have green gear (fresh 70) - there should be an intermediary step to get better gear, but the "leveling dungeons" are mindnumbingly boring, and don't reliably drop blue gear of your actual level - I've gotten 50-69 blues from the bosses in ToS, for instance, and the end chests don't open w/ the dungeon event.

They need to reevaluate steps to getting better gear...
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • greatweaponarmygreatweaponarmy Member Posts: 352 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Join the NW_Legit_Community now! You won't experience selfishness ever again! Because legit is the best thing that happened in this entire game! Such a heavenly community, accepting anyone! Absolutely anyone!

Legit 5 3v3r !!!
  • lilhamletlilhamlet Member Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    N'ah, the kicking has very little to do with the difficulty. In every MMO, some people want some minimum gear/stat requirement to stay in the group. I know of a guild in this game that kicked every member that did not have a 14k in previous mods after absorbing another guild in a "merger".

I've actually left groups that kept kicking people in a dungeon because of Gearscore or class, just because it's silly.

You're going to find that some people are just jerks... but there are a lot of nice players in this game as well. Don't be afraid to pug and make friends with people that are nice. Often if you ask them in the future if they want to run a dungeon, they'll be receptive.

One important thing to note is if the group you're in is discussing strategy on how to handle the next encounter, don't just run in guns blazing, because that will get anyone kicked. The "new" dungeons take a little control and thinking, not just bashing everything in site, especially when trash mobs are hitting for 70k a hit.

Good luck.
  • translucentwolftranslucentwolf Member Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    It was bad, outside of Legit *before* Mod 6. But, since Mod 6, I see calls for 'legendary mh/oh/artifacts only'. Getting out of hand. It's not the community. It's the difficulty. Thank the devs.
    edited May 2015
    I got most of my T1 in /legit. Not a lot of T2 groups there when I am on.
  • syrickwolfsyrickwolf Member Posts: 102
    edited May 2015
    Join the NW_Legit_Community now! You won't experience selfishness ever again! Because legit is the best thing that happened in this entire game! Such a heavenly community, accepting anyone! Absolutely anyone!

Legit 5 3v3r !!!

dont join this group. its full of elitists run by cryptic. its not fun and youll get banned before you know it.
    edited May 2015
    syrickwolf wrote: »
    dont join this group. its full of elitists run by cryptic. its not fun and youll get banned before you know it.

That's false like omg!! Legit is TEH B3ST CHANNEL IN THE WHOLE GAME !11!11!

No elitism.. people laugh and are happy there, it's *NOT* boring... I LUVZ LGEIT!!!
  • phoenix1021phoenix1021 Member Posts: 532 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    The problem is that there is no other way than group content to get better gear. In mod 5 you could get it through the campaigns. They should give back the sharandar and dread ring armor, make it level 70 with the t1 health bonus, remove the set bonuses and rename the old dread ring and sharandar stuff "antiquated".
    Then the elitists can use "their" dungeons as playground all day and we who don't feel like dealing with that attitude can get decent gear as well.

The way it is now it is getting toxic. Just go to Well of Dragons during the herald time and see the insults thrown around. Look how there's a thread right in this forum where someone calls people without legendary artifacts in tiamat "leeches". Try to get help in any area and be ignored even if it's full with people.
    This is the wrong community to force group content on everyone.
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,462 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Here's an interesting thing that happened to me yesterday.

1. I queue for eLOL (with my 3.9k HR)
    2. I appear at the end boss.
    3. 5 seconds later, "Vote kick failed" appears.
    4. 5 seconds later, "Vote kick failed" appears again.
    5. 5 seconds later, "Vote kick failed" appears AGAIN.
    6. I type in party chat, "wtf why do you keep trying to kick me?"
    7. Someone responds, "you only have 10k power, need 15k". Apparently he didn't notice the mythic Token of Chromatic Storm I have slotted as my primary.
    8. Someone else responds, "but Thia has 14k defense!"
    9. We try (I think twice) and fail. That's not all that unusual with all this lag, I'm thinking. I am, as usual, the last person down.
    10. Someone else gets kicked. All it says under the reason: "sss" -- whatever the heck that means.
    11. I leave the party. Talk about your toxic environments.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • kapitanjebudukapitanjebudu Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    lastwolf25 wrote: »
    how can I get better gear if I can't get access to the maps that give the seals to get me the better gear?

Crafting. Get blue gear (only slightly worse than epic pvp 70lvl gear) from crafting. It's a great boost in stats.
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Start your own group in /lfg no one will be able to determine what your item level is.

Legit 5 3v3r !!!

It doesn't magically transform incompetent players into two year old vets though so that doesn't solve the issue if OP has to L2P and make a friendlist or has to join a guild. It's because of such messages that the average level on legit dropped so much since I came back to neverwinter. Failing a dungeon would never happens to a legit group in the past. Now I have to train people to do dumb things like VT if I don't handpick people or don't bring a couple of friends. And that's for the groups that can do it...
  • blackfoxaltoroblackfoxaltoro Member Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited May 2015

Umm I've plaied a number of MMOs over the years, and NO this one is not alone with its elitists, Their in guild wars 2, WOW, SWTOR (and they are vile on that one.)
    I am not an elitist I HATE them they take the fun out of the game the whole "you can only play with us if you have the very best gear and play this way" BS they spout annoys me, Games are here for fun not to be plaied like a CHORE!
  • neirgaraneirgara Member Posts: 334 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    One reason for the kicking is the try to get a healer or tank. Kickvotecomments in such a case like sss or adbda or xxxxyyzcx are placeholders, often meaning "last in first out".

I can understand this, though I don't like it. Most group content now definitely needs a tank or healer. And there are not many left out there, because of their reduced usefulness before Mod 6. Hopefully this will change soon.

Another reason is the gear. Because there are many people who think, that gear (before Mod 6 it was gearscore) is the same as "usefulness", completely ignoring skill, experience or a good rotation.

This I can also understand, because I know, there are people out there, who are simply stupid.

Another thing, I could experience in dungeon runs with randoms, is, that there is a considerable number of poeple out there, who think they need to tell you how you have to play your class. Sure, they have no knowledge about how some things work. And sure, they don't realize that the reason, tha tank cant hold off enemies from their healers *** is, because they run in front of the group, throw out AoE and expect to be protected where they are. That really is annoying.

But these are not all players. Only those, you experience most often, because their behaviour makes you recognise them (in a bad way, but still). There are also many helpful players. But most of them already are in guilds, since they are tired of waiting hours to finally find a working group.

Consider joining a guild yourself. Or, at least get in contact with some, so they inform you of guild runs where you can join. :)
    edited May 2015

7. Someone responds, "you only have 10k power, need 15k". Apparently he didn't notice the mythic Token of Chromatic Storm I have slotted as my primary.
    9. We try (I think twice) and fail. That's not all that unusual with all this lag, I'm thinking. I am, as usual, the last person down.
    10. Someone else gets kicked. All it says under the reason: "sss" -- whatever the heck that means.

Those guys. SMH. Actually on the other end of that where the vote kick came up for someone who bounced in (we had a DC in the last stretch). I vote no, everyone else votes yes I guess so the poor guy is booted as he's typing 'hello'. Then again with the next guy. Mind you this is eLoL and we already have a DC and I was about 35% of the DPS thus far not from build but just playing right. Someone else show up and I see the vote pop in.......... alt-rightclick-leave party......
  • nem3zissnem3ziss Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Agree, people in this game are so selfish. Like all the time when im doing pve we got some 1,6-2k ilvl dude who is trying to sneak up to our group because he need to be carried. Those people are trying to steal my most importnant thing from me: me play time, to gear up hes own character. For real, how selfish you can be?
    On more serious note - this game provides channels like legit_community, you can gear up to 2k ilvl easy, and still i see people with 1,6 trying to get party in channels like lfg :d Sersiously? You really are trying to call 'selfish' people who are geared and trying to get in party with similar geared people? They dont have to carry nobody through content, right? If you are getting kicked from most party's there might be problem with you, not the community. Dont get me wrong, kicking on the end boss or after a wipe is bad manner for me, but in the beggining? Remember, you need more then 1 vote to get kicked, so more then one person after inspecting you got the fealing that with you finishing the content might be impossible. And if you dont want to be kicked, just make your own party. Thats not hard... only reason i see to not do so, is trying to get in higher gear party to get carried through content because you know, that with similar geared party you will not finish this. Double standard much?
  • sangrinesangrine Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 575 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Since module 6 launch, all my dungeon/skirmish runs were through queue, except once I was invited to a party.
    Both my CW and my HR are already geared with lvl 70 epic head/chest/arms/legs.
    My CW is currently farming seals of the elements in Kessels which will be used to purchase gear for my DC.

If you can not find a party which will accept you, then form your own party in lfg or join a guild or simply queue.
    Many queue parties will fail to defeat bosses for various reasons, so don't except to win with a queue party unless you can carry other players. If you form your own party and it consists of random classes with minimum item level, then also don't expect to win, especially if your party does not even speak the same language.
  • zekethesinnerzekethesinner Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 805 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    That's false like omg!! Legit is TEH B3ST CHANNEL IN THE WHOLE GAME !11!11!

No elitism.. people laugh and are happy there, it's *NOT* boring... I LUVZ LGEIT!!!

I guess...It never spined in ur mind, that most problems u had in legit was caused by ur character and behaviour, from tone of ur posts i can imagine why u had so hard time in legit, thats why now u need to burn this channel whenever u go.

(Sin)cerely
    Kain

edited May 2015
    I guess...It never spined in ur mind, that most problems u had in legit was caused by ur character and behaviour, from tone of ur posts i can imagine why u had so hard time in legit, thats why now u need to burn this channel whenever u go.

(Sin)cerely
    Kain

Rofl I'm still in Legit, I never got kicked from there, ever. I only activate it from time to time to laugh at the people there.

It's just hilarious that there so many snob hipsters there while their skill level is medicore.
  • quspivquspiv Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,087 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Remove kicking option from public queues and add afk detector instead. Premades can kick themself all their want, but public queue's should be free from their elitism.
  • mjytreszmjytresz Member Posts: 500 Arc User
    edited May 2015

Because people think it's easier to clear a dungeon with high ilvl instead of actually understanding the content.
    Because a 3.5k CW is going to survive Valindra's straight-line AoEs when they're too stupid to dodge out of it.
    Or because a 4k GWF is going to survive going balls deep into ghost AoEs to survive long enough to res the ******* DPS who got caught by it.
    Broken mechanics, broken class designs, lack of actual content, and over zealous, bronze-age moderation?

Go Cryptic!
    PS - I quit.
  • jumboyetjumboyet Member Posts: 211 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2015

Why would a DPS class stack defense and not power tho? It makes no sense. Im glad they changed the game to the point where you cant accidentally spam your feat points randomly around and still be able to solo everything. But you have to focus some on stacking your stats right. An HR with defense? Its probably the most useless stats for HRs, and i dont blame people for not wanting to play with clueless players.
  • fantasycharacterfantasycharacter Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 675 Arc User
    edited May 2015

(Sin)cerely
    Kain

He's just a lonely trying to get attention by stomping his feet like a child, because that is the way his folks gave him attention growing up.
  • asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    You know, that ppl play to have fun and not to carry other ppl? If we run premade, we know this skill/ gear/ class combo can clear this dungeon and we win every time.

Now add randoms. You dont know how they play, they dont know your gear/ skills/ rotation. My expirience is, if you are lucky, there is no problem, but most of the times, you can carry one random and otherwise you fail.

A few days ago a friend asked me to run with his guild. He started a party, invited his pals and a random CW, I played DC. Full premade I run with HP set 45k HP for the debuff, our tanks CWs/ HRs/ TRs are good enough to tank/ CC the mobs and the debuff is helping a lot. Furthermore I play rightous with astral seal. Premade full debuff, maybe empowered astral shield, depending on class combo, another heal. We cleared ELOL without a problem besides massive lags many times. In this run, the tank did not allway get the aggro of all mobs, the CW did not do enough CC and the DDs did a tiny bit more dmg (exept the one we usually run with), than my DC with (due to the needs of the tank) bastion of health, divine glow and astral shield slotted . Guess what? We whiped time and time again. The CW flamed me for not healing him enough and put me on ignore.

This is Mod 6. It is difficult and a run depends on class combo, skill and gear. I understand, that you are mad, if you join a group at the bossfight and they kick you without giving you a chance to prove yourself, BUT maybe they tried this class combo or similar ones for hours and decided, that they need a GF, OP or a DC and waited for one of them to join? THEY did the work to clear the dungeon, THEY should decide, who they want to join, not a random que. If the players would not abuse kick and kick vote as it is, you could just switch players, if needed. In LOTRO the leader was allowed to kick and invite at will, there was no problem bc no one abused it. We had a smaller community and if a player or guild was called out for abusing the kick possibility, they had to switch to another server or stop playing bc no one grouped with them any more.
    Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.