test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Serious SW bug

tsokushintsokushin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2015 in PvP Discussion
There's a huge pvp bug floating around where SW's will cause target's they've attacked to deal 0 damage.

I've noticed it's only against SW's, and I think Rank 4 Warding Curse is the culprit.

Anybody seen anything?
Post edited by tsokushin on

Comments

• rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    yes, there was an unkillable sw days ago in gaunt receiving 0 damages with whatever things i used.
  • mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I've seen this, but I have no idea what it is.
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
  • vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    haha, you ran into Macjae's temp lock. He got t.negation and augmented thayan bastion, no wonder you couldn't do damage with that burden of DR. You should learn your enemy's feats before you call it a bug though, righteous bull****.
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    vasdamas wrote: »
    haha, you ran into Macjae's temp lock. He got t.negation and augmented thayan bastion, no wonder you couldn't do damage with that burden of DR. You should learn your enemy's feats before you call it a bug though, righteous bull****.

is the cooldown the classic 1 min?
  • tsokushintsokushin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    vasdamas wrote: »

Except I've fought SW's without negation or Thayan Bastion and same thing happens...
    edited April 2015
    Well, cold shoulder decreased all damage by 2000 now, so you might hit for 0 if your damage was below that mark. But in my experience, that happened only when I attacked SWs.
    edited April 2015
    clonkyo1 wrote: »
    As far as i know, "Cold Shoulder" is just applied to victim's next attack, not all attacks during 10 seconds.

Nope, it works as a debuff, and it indeed reduces all the damage you deal to your target for 2000 on each hit for 10 seconds.
    teribad15 wrote: »
    yes my fully stacked destroyer rotation definitely hits for 2k.

Well, almost every thing I use to deal damage as a HR hits for peanuts so it was difficult to say if I just didn't exceed 2k debuff or it was something else to reduce my damage to zero. Looks like the latter.
    edited April 2015
    rayrdan wrote: »
    is the cooldown the classic 1 min?
    Nope, I do know it sometimes multiprocs if an opponent got their own augmented bastion or another heavy reflecting damage source.
    sorry, missed your point here. Can you explain yourself?? because my GWF has a G. Negation (working to get it into P.) And Thayan Bastion, yet, i still receive damage at all... :S
    It is not about just negation enchantment right?
    mehguy138 wrote: »
    Nope, it works as a debuff, and it indeed reduces all the damage you deal to your target for 2000 on each hit for 10 seconds.
    Interesting, despite the tooltip says "When damaged by a foe you have a chance to proc Cold Shoulder on them, which will reduce the damage of their next attack by up to 2000." Would explain it though, need to have a look at it closer.
  • overdriver13overdriver13 Member Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Oh my, there might be a bug that actually works in SW's favor? Broken delve chests, broken rank 4 powers, broken stack refinement, but you can be sure they will fix this sw bug right away lol.
  • ofnieslafofnieslaf Member Posts: 381 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    see this is why we shouldnt buff SW's, they alreay act condecsncing cuz of a bug...

regards
  • samothrace22samothrace22 Member Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    yeah.. I attacked an SW in gg pvp and fed him multiple shockings (I think 5) which did 0 damage, when he was ganked though he died
    ────────────────────────────
    SAMOTHRACE
    Trickster Rogue
    ────────────────────────────
  • martianmnhuntermartianmnhunter Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 236 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    and none bothers to post logs, rumor bugs are best bugs.
  • schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    DC , PAL, GWF-can´t say if it steel defence, when i dealt damage on them it shows big yellow 0-0-0-0-0-0-0 thats known
    T Negation stacks for 9 seconds and builds 10 stacks for ever hit, so if it occurs from one second to the next it might be something else
    a boon is the best explanation, probabaly the 0 0 0 0 0 came from a Dot

but...its a Warlock, why are people in panic? are you afraid of warlocks? good to hear

PS: sure it was not somthing like this
    If you are returned from Near Death status, you and nearby allies will be healed for 50% of their maximum hit points and receive a buff to their Recovery of 500 points for 10 seconds. You are also immune to injuries due to death.
    sounds more like warlock
  • xgrandz02xgrandz02 Member Posts: 702 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    ...because my GWF has a G. Negation (working to get it into P.) And Thayan Bastion, yet, i still receive damage at all... :S

it seem not working for GWF, i tried many times cuz i'm a defensive focused.. but is not the same as for SW 0 DMG, Thayan bastion or cold shoulder not working for my GWF, i don't see any real difference and of course i still taking dmg, i never had a 0 on me now i using other boons.

I thought the 0 DMG i dealt to SW was just a visual bug lol
    <::::::[]==0 GwF 0==[]::::::> ● Still waiting for the promised Improvement ●
  • crystal892fcrystal892f Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 385 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    mehguy138 wrote: »
    That's good to know - thanks. I guess Cold Shoulder also has an ICD of 60 seconds?
    edited April 2015
    That 0-DMG on SW is not coming from Boons,
    Templock or something other is definitely bugged
    which granted SW Dmg reductions to 0-Zero sometimes.
  • foxxy#4211 foxxy Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 563 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    what if not a bug? and the warlock went full defensive?
    If he had bastion shield and cold shoulder, he will actually absorb 12k damage from your hits.
    if the warlock was wearing T negation, then it is 30% damage resistance.
    If the warlock is fury temptation, could have had 2 feats that reduce 5% incoming damage each. and if the warlock slotted warding curse that reduces incoming damage by a 8%. then its possible that he got 0 damage.
    48% damage resistance -> add to this if the warlock was good at defensive stats and armor. adds more damage resistance.

As one mentioned: rumors. But u didnt find out what build the warlock was using.

im using those boons too. and i got damage as well that is not 0. and some times i got 0 damage when not in astral shield. my build is full defensive and with buffs, my damage resistance got to 100%
    edited April 2015
    That's good to know - thanks. I guess Cold Shoulder also has an ICD of 60 seconds?

It have been working like that since M3. I remember I complained about this boon being useless and someone pointed out how it exactly works. Then I tested it and it worked as following - a chance to debuff the attacker for 10 seconds, each of his attacks is reduced for 200 (2000 now), ICD is 60 seconds. It seems like working the same way now, unless they changed something I didn't notice.
    snip

Speaking of that warlock, don't you realize (I mean all of you who tries to prove it's not a bug but some very smart build) that we aren't talking about one single exact character, do you? I encountered such SWs on RU server, just saying.
    edited April 2015
    damage resistance or even on top high deflection (warlock only can get about 30% not mcuh more) would not result in 0 0 0 0 0
    only explanation is the boon as mehguy said, since most of the damage n PVP is <2000, so if you mitigate 2k damage from every hit its 0 0 0 0
    warlock can´t get that high damage resist other classes do , even if "fully defence" build
    what about lathander setbonus, did he die stand up and was immune
  • dyhaaadyhaaa Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    It is a bug, and it is not caused by a boon or a feat. It's been around since test server.

I am surprised that this is the first and only threat about it, certainly tells the story about the state of the Warlock class and how often
    people notice us in PVP :)
  • foxxy#4211 foxxy Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 563 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    But why are people afraid of warlock, the weakest class in pvp?. Now that is "confirmed a bug" people run to feed back in forums, but wonder if they would do the same if their own class got a "potential bug". they wont report it and exploit it against warlocks... lol these people...
  • hawkeyelhawkeyel Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    My SW will just call this my new defense power lol.
  • hawkeyelhawkeyel Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    And Exploits may not be discussed on these forums. So the Mods say.
    edited April 2015
    thx for the thread I will respecc my SB fury as far as I can get into temptation tree, if i find something that prevents me for 10 seconds from instant death I will report, but not feel ashame a lot i case of tons of broken stuff from other classes
    so ..don´t attack warlocks is the massage...they mitigate 100% (for very short time)

but all in all I think , why is could shoulder not an explantion?
    cause nobody saw this happening to other classes?
    tayan bastion 10k damagemitiagtion
    could shoulder 2000k mitigation for 10 sec
    enraged regrowth 20k healing+ 10 second +4000 DR for 10 seconds

let the last one double proc and lots of classes should have 0 0 0 0 0 for 10 seconds, look for it ingame, I am sure it also happens with other classes...if not yeah, warlock has a bug that does not nef him on top of all other decision made in mod 6
  • ionvnegativoionvnegativo Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    2TRs and 1HR chashing a SW in a node then 2 shocking executions in a row, ZERO damage....there's no boon able to mitigate 2 SE also nothing to do with DR since SE ignores defense.....

the SW claimed the zero damage was for "his build".....but also his was dealing almost zero damage too just a very little dots, it was like: u deal zero damage to me but also i cant hurt u...
  • umt1982umt1982 Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    tsokushin wrote: »
    There's a huge pvp bug floating around where SW's will cause target's they've attacked to deal 0 damage.

I've noticed it's only against SW's, and I think Rank 4 Warding Curse is the culprit.

Anybody seen anything?

It is from an at will. It lasts about 4 secs on the target used causing the SW to take no damage from said target.
  • umt1982umt1982 Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    thx for the thread I will respecc my SB fury as far as I can get into temptation tree, if i find something that prevents me for 10 seconds from instant death I will report, but not feel ashame a lot i case of tons of broken stuff from other classes
    so ..don´t attack warlocks is the massage...they mitigate 100% (for very short time)

but all in all I think , why is could shoulder not an explantion?

cause nobody saw this happening to other classes?
    tayan bastion 10k damagemitiagtion
    could shoulder 2000k mitigation for 10 sec
    enraged regrowth 20k healing+ 10 second +4000 DR for 10 seconds

let the last one double proc and lots of classes should have 0 0 0 0 0 for 10 seconds, look for it ingame, I am sure it also happens with other classes...if not yeah, warlock has a bug that does not nef him on top of all other decision made in mod 6

No, this specific mitigation is a bug from an at-will for SW. I have a few SW friends who have told me about it, one even used it in an Etos run.
    edited May 2015
    SW PvP-Weakest? Don't make me laugh,
    look this poor GF lol

https://youtu.be/NdEy5EkPOnA

SW vs GF
    Published on May 4, 2015-
    edited May 2015
    xgrandz02 wrote: »
    look this poor GF lol

SW vs GF
    Lol @vanguard and not as geared as Chris is. Tenacity 404 too probably...pff
  • ralexinorralexinor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 576 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    xgrandz02 wrote: »
    look this poor GF lol

SW vs GF

GF got outplayed so hard. Also probably outgeared.