test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Companions [CW mod 6]

Comments

• blazious11blazious11 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 331 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I wouldn't bother with the yeti, it gives bonus on damage taken. Mod 6 - get damaged - probably killed.
    Go with fire/ Air archon, wild hunt rider, crit sev companions, etc. All gives you better and more reliable boost IMO.
    If you dont have better comps, or dont have AD for them, only then I would us it. It's still better than stat companions.
    My story is truly a grand tale! Of course, any story about me is going to be grand simply by virtue of the main character.
  • angrymanagementangrymanagement Member Posts: 487 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Is it my imagination or is Wild Hunt Rider procing less now?
  • ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Is it my imagination or is Wild Hunt Rider procing less now?

I switched out the Wild Hunt Rider/Erinyes for an Air Archon/Fire Archon combo.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • commanderdata001commanderdata001 Member Posts: 307 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2015
    As standalone pet Priestess of Sehanine is really need to be tested!
  • angrymanagementangrymanagement Member Posts: 487 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I went ahead and switched back to a Thaum/Icy Veins setup, and went with the following pets. Has anyone tested the Archons to see if they actually work?

Ioun Stone of Might (stamina gain)
    Erinyes of Belial (10% crit sev)
    Fire Archon (Increases your damage against targets with less than 50% health by 7% - purple)
    Earth Archon (Increases your damage against targets by +4% when you are at full health. Each additional archon increases this bonus by .5% - blue)
    Air Archon (Increases your damage against targets not at full health by 2%. Each additional active archon increases this bonus by .5% - green)
  • blazious11blazious11 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 331 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Some people said, that Blink dog and Devourer bonus is multiplicative due to the CA damage calculation, so it means if you have both, it would give you 25% CA damage, not 10%. For renegade CW, that would be awesome.
    Can someone comfirm it?
    My story is truly a grand tale! Of course, any story about me is going to be grand simply by virtue of the main character.
  • smulchsmulch Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 625 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    blazious11 wrote: »
    Some people said, that Blink dog and Devourer bonus is multiplicative due to the CA damage calculation, so it means if you have both, it would give you 25% CA damage, not 10%. For renegade CW, that would be awesome.
    Can someone comfirm it?

Wrong.

It's as simple as this:

Is your damage CA damage:

YES: take that damage and multiply it by 1.05. It's your new damage
    NO: do nothing

I'm not 100% sure how int devourer stacks with blink dog. As in, is it an extra 5% for a 1.10 multiplier or is it a new 1.05 multiplier (x*1.05*1.05).
  • djoffer1djoffer1 Member Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    c1k4ml3kc3 wrote: »
    Got it today for around 500k AD (two rings) and one necklace (50k AD). If I ever get tenser's floating disc, I'll be sure to sell it as soon as possible and buy bags for zen.

Edit : Made a terrible mistake for purchasing them. They do not work on augment. Do not buy for augment.

They do now:) Altso they are only 20-50k each, and yeah a must buy for any augment:)
  • umscheumsche Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 461 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    djoffer1 wrote: »
    They do now:) Altso they are only 20-50k each, and yeah a must buy for any augment:)

Do you have proof for that, or are you trying to sell your rings? :D
  • beatannierbeatannier Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 692 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    parswind wrote: »
    now consider Fire Archon + Air Archon its like 5.5% more damage when target is 99% (just not full) to 50% HP and 13%(5.5 air + 7.5 fire) when 50% to 0%. even if we consider this like 8% (mathematically its 9.25, but i think it takes longer to bring boss from 100% to 50% than 50% to dead)

No.
    While Fire Archon increases Air Archon`s damage bonus by 0.5%, Air Archon doesn`t increases Fire Archon`s damage.

Foe HP
    Damage

100%
    100.000%

50% – 99%
    105.500%

0% – 49%
    112.500%

Average
    108.945%

• blackgryf2blackgryf2 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I have been thinking of getting my Repentant Dragon Cultist to Rank 30 to stack with this. The full set would be Augment + Repentant Dragon Cultist/Air Archon/Fire Archon/Wild Hunt Rider.

[th]Foe HP[/th][th]Damage[/th]
    100%105.00%
    99% -> 51%110.50%
    50%105.50%
    49% -> 0%112.50%
    Average110.25%
  • sliderhardcoresliderhardcore Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    These numbers are good and while buff to all dmg is best you can get from companion, do someone ever tested it - are they even work ?
    All dmg "buff" like this is really hard to test if it is even exist and working in game now !
    I removed both class features, weap enchant and all possible different source of dmg modifiers so i can get as few numbers as possible and less variable as possible (only feats are left to influence that). Using only 1 spell vs 1 mob and slotting and unslotting the easiest to test of them all - fire one. So in ACT i see nothing which can be associated with fire archon debuffing mobs when they fell below 50% HP.
    Nothing as visible debuff in game and nothing on incoming dmg for specific mob. Nothing on outcoming dmg for char either, but there is no sense to even look there because up % dmg vs targets below 50 % cannot be executed from outcoming dmg and work only on those specific low HP mobs while not affecting others you hit.
    Anyone else tested them before committing to those or even after ?
    edited June 2015
    Nearly a week and no posts here.
    Guess everybody just trusts on tooltip and Cryptic for this one. Or don't use them at all, which is very unlikely. :)
  • kieranmtornkieranmtorn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 382 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Nearly a week and no posts here.
    Guess everybody just trusts on tooltip and Cryptic for this one. Or don't use them at all, which is very unlikely. :)

No, but I've got a finite pool of AD to spend among several characters. So buying companions that have a low marginal rate of return compared to my existing companions isn't happening. A lot of my AD investment choices have changed (like to avoid things that are easily obsoleted by Cryptic).
    edited June 2015
    companions that have a low marginal rate of return compared to my existing companions

That makes sense only if you are trying to say that your existing companions have some special abilities that are much more valuable to you than attack power increase.

And about your concerns - the only things that will not become obsolete in time are those who are applied to your char once and for all. Everything else which can be changed will eventually be obsoleted as game grows and expands.
  • boom782boom782 Member Posts: 183 Arc User
    I would love to see someone test out the Earth Archon in some dungeon runs. I feel my HP is at full more often than not especially whenever running with a bubble pally.

I am running Air archon summoned w/3 perfect bonding, Fire archon, earth archon, Int Devourer, and Erinyes. On paper if they all work as intended that should probably be the most potent combo for pure DPS.
  • romotheoneromotheone Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 729 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    boom782 said:

I am running Air archon summoned w/3 perfect bonding, Fire archon, earth archon, Int Devourer, and Erinyes. On paper if they all work as intended that should probably be the most potent combo for pure DPS.

There was a post about CHA actually reducing CA damage and not increasing it. Also as it seems, CA is less effective when you crit than when you don't. I've found the post about this in a TR related topic. Posted by one of the members of the PC bughunting team.
    Interesting.

I recently did a complete reroll and switched to human for the extra 3% from Learned Spellcaster and I also put more points into CHA than WIS(26 vs 24) and my DPS went up drastically.
  • dreadkissdreadkiss Member Posts: 544 Arc User
    hi guys questions what are all the companions that give control bonus ?
    SS CW/iron vanguard GWF
    Legacy/Kevlar
    Look Good Play Good
    STREAMING NEVERWINTER DAILY 7:00PM -2:00AM TWITCH ID: MHHAVOC
    LOVE TAKING CHALLENGES COME FIND ME IN I.W.D.
  • kieranmtornkieranmtorn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 382 Arc User
    Will-of-the-Wisp & Cantankerous Mage.
  • thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    I would recommend running the lightfoot thief for bonding procs. I am currently in the process of testing active bonusses and whilst I will not say which ones currently seem the best until I have finished testing, I will say the crit severity companions and CA companions have already been toppled in terms of boosting your dps.
  • niadanniadan Member Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    Thanks ahead for the work Fab....looking forward to your results.
    edited December 2015

I would recommend running the lightfoot thief for bonding procs. I am currently in the process of testing active bonusses and whilst I will not say which ones currently seem the best until I have finished testing, I will say the crit severity companions and CA companions have already been toppled in terms of boosting your dps.

Interesting. Definitely looking forward to your results and thanks for testing! Glad I didn't pick up the blink dog yet.
  • niadanniadan Member Posts: 1,635 Arc User

Will you be testing the Lightfoot/Yeti combo as well?
  • thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    niadan said:

Will you be testing the Lightfoot/Yeti combo as well?
    I have tested it, it was me who proposed it to kolatmaster :p
  • gildriadorgildriador Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    Thanks, it will be useful, I got my third's Perfect bonding stone 3 weeks ago and I'm looking for the best summoned companion.
    “He raised his staff. There was a roll of thunder. The sunlight was blotted out from the eastern windows; the whole hall became suddenly dark as night. The fire faded to sullen embers. Only Gandalf could be seen, standing white and tall before the blackened hearth.”
    ― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Two Towers
  • gildriadorgildriador Member Posts: 231 Arc User

I would recommend running the lightfoot thief for bonding procs.

The lightfoot thief is now 2 100 000 AD on the AH.

This choice seems expensive now...

or maybe I will start playing Sword coast adventure on the Gateway again.

“He raised his staff. There was a roll of thunder. The sunlight was blotted out from the eastern windows; the whole hall became suddenly dark as night. The fire faded to sullen embers. Only Gandalf could be seen, standing white and tall before the blackened hearth.”
    ― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Two Towers
    With the winter festival XB1 now has access to the Zhentarim Warlock. Is this still one of the better companions to have for proccing CG?
  • ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    Yes. And dirt cheap now.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • benistvanbenistvan Member Posts: 159 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    I use Zhentarim Warlock as active.
    My problem with Lightfoot thief/Yeti or Air Archon that they are melee and they die often in Bosses/Dragons aoes.
    They are might be good in instances but instances are no problem for a long time...