Install Arc
Options

Increase difficulty of IWD and WoD

Comments

• Options
    stevedudemanstevedudeman Member Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    burkaanc wrote: »
    ppl did CN naked, i think a CW soloed it at 13k gs, so its not really a gear issue is it ?

and as ive said may times before - for ppl who find 5mans too hard there are 3man dungeons that i can even imagine being hard to anybody(above a turnip)

Hmmmm....I just think most people in this game aren't as awesome as you...
  • Options
    silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    ppl were complaining about content being waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to easy for ages, the old dungeons were solo/duo content, that needed 5 ppl to enter for some stupid reason

The old dungeons were easy, because, instead of progressing levels at every mod, they kept it the same for two years and at the same time, every mod , gave 1-2 upgrades in power creep, even if you were average player, a 2k increase was doable at every mod.. so going from 13-15-17-to 19-20ish range. Of course they were super easy. What did you expect?

Im not here to say make things easier, though a general rescaling of some of the top end damge to me, in t2s seem warranted.

but we shouldnt increase solo pve stuff.. a healing dc, already takes 3 times as long at lvl 70 then a lvl 60 cw. Not every class is built to whip though stuff (didnt say hard, just boringly long, please understand the difference) that was my massive complaint about iwd at the time, my gf/dc was soooooo slow, took twice as long to get through, they finally gave us righteouss, then ripped it away, by designing content that pretty much requires you to heal again and removing ability to crit for pvp, now there is almost no reason to go righteous, other then maybe to level to 70 with it.
  • Options
    burkaancburkaanc Member Posts: 2,186 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    hp is one thing i dont want increased, a bump in special attacks though would be nice, as a pally i understand the issue with high hp, or merge groups of 2 monsters into 1 much stronger one, and split groups of 3 monsters in 5 monster groups
    Hmmmm....I just think most people in this game aren't as awesome as you...

they could be if they tried, but easier is just to cry for nerf
    Paladin Master Race
  • Options
    bruceiferbruceifer Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    "Solution: just keep the "easy" stuff and add more difficult in new content, like adding a gate to hell connecting to a new map in another plane of exisitence where equip from the prime material plane simply doesn't work correctly anymore, or some other plot device. "

I agree that the 70 campaigns (there are currently 4 and will eventually hopefully be more), should range from easy to hardcore. The OP has in this thread asked for some really hard core campaigns even more difficult than they currently are as a test of skill, and challenge to the top players. I don't see a problem with that, it's not where I will be, but they should have an end game campaign that tests their skill, gear, and teamwork to the max.

Just for the love of the gods don't drop even higher gear there that takes the challenge away and starts this whole difficulty argument all over again. It should be the ultimate challenge for those who have the best gear and are the best of the best, and completing it should be a truly notable achievement. In THIS thread the topic is not overall game difficulty or ALL lev 70 areas, he is merely requesting one or two campaigns to be set aside as an ultimate end game challenge and I see no problem with that at all. The more players find content that suites them the better it is for the game.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    gear should be a tiny bit better, like normal vs reinforced, like 1~2 ilvl, and maybe a bit of visual - it wouldnt add much in terms of power creep but would be a nice touch
    Paladin Master Race
  • Options
    magnusolammagnusolam Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 82
    edited April 2015
    gear should be a tiny bit better, like normal vs reinforced, like 1~2 ilvl, and maybe a bit of visual - it wouldnt add much in terms of power creep but would be a nice touch

Visual difference would be a good idea but the gear should not be better or the game will become too easy and there'll be more whining and crying again
  • Options
    proxaaproxaa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 67
    edited April 2015
    By going into interaction with this troll who created this thread you're helping him to <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    magnusolam wrote: »
    Visual difference would be a good idea but the gear should not be better or the game will become too easy and there'll be more whining and crying again

some 100 points split among 4 parts wouldnt change much, but it would be that tick needed to reach BiS vs the almost BiS of standard set, and the visual could be same base armor with some bells and whistles added, maybe unique design cape transmute, weapon/oh transmutes etc.
    Paladin Master Race
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    some 100 points split among 4 parts wouldnt change much

Depends on the tipping point, might make no difference might tip the game over into being too easy, so should just stick to visual differences in order to promote longevity.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    I think the most would agree on the really cool visual gear, a badge of honor for those who completed the games ultimate challenges. As to added pluses EXTREME care and testing would be needed to avoid power creep, and insure that the challenge stayed a challenge.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    magnusolam wrote: »
    Depends on the tipping point, might make no difference might tip the game over into being too easy, so should just stick to visual differences in order to promote longevity.

with 400 pts being 1% for most stats, its 0.25% scattered among few stats, but it would annoy perfectionists and make them do the content(simply so there is more ppl doing the stuff and easier to party)
    Paladin Master Race
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    with 400 pts being 1% for most stats, its 0.25% scattered among few stats, but it would annoy perfectionists and make them do the content(simply so there is more ppl doing the stuff and easier to party)

If the contents enjoyable they'll do it. If you seek to annoy players they'll just walk away.
  • Options
    kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I suggested adding Perma-Death for them too. Would love seeing all the Koont Wallet Warriors lose their characters. Sounds like a WIN for Cryptic too, as they can rake in the revenue of whales having to start all over again. Die B****!! Die an agonizing bloody death!!
    Well, I'm glad I know where you stand... :cool:

Enjoy Hater's Row, good sir! lol
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    walk2kwalk2k Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    awesome how they left all this guy's self-important condescending scolding of "nub bads" in this thread yet when we call him on his BS and try to explain how SOLO content should be doable by SOLO players its moved to lower depths. super.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    It's so nice to see people discussing issues in a respectful and chivalrous manner, in an attempt to promote a better environment for all. (heavy sarcasm intended). But then heck even congress can't do that so it's probably too much to ask in a game forum.

Seriously though while I and the OP and I have very different ideas about what the overall game difficulty should be, I see nothing wrong with him and those of a like mind to have the ultimate challenge zone they desire. There are 4 end game campaigns atm, and if the game continues there will probably, eventually be more. There should be room to stand on "opposite sides of the fence" and still enjoy ourselves without climbing over and trying to ruin the other guys sandbox.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Agreed. Give them their own map/instance/que. I suggested adding Perma-Death for them too. Would love seeing all the Koont Wallet Warriors lose their characters. Sounds like a WIN for Cryptic too, as they can rake in the revenue of whales having to start all over again. Die B****!! Die an agonizing bloody death!!

please do explain how much money i have spent on this game, its so nice that some ppl know how much money other ppl spend on what, you would make a great accountant
    Yea kolat, you're a well-known WW, no hiding that. We stand on opposite sides of the fence. Very much like this game's community.

and an awesome player, guide writer creating nice guides for community, and a nice person to derp around in dungeons with, though i have ran with him only a few times :D
    Paladin Master Race
  • Options
    gogu79gogu79 Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    in icewind dale my cw die in 2 sec -bears-2 hit dead and there is 2 bears 1hit+1 hit = dead
    -yeti-3 hits dead
    -giants-1 hit dead
    -barbarians groups 1 barbarian+ 2 volves -dead instant
    -for totems need 10+ players most weak enchounters from ice
    -remoraz and other big encounters ? nobody know this its not for players its only for design
    -biggrin finished with 5 persons party
    y my cw have 2.2 stats gear 76k hp and for me icewind its so painnles if someone say icewind its good how it is then its good
    in valey dont know still its blocked but valey have trolls groups 5-6 monsters i dont want to think how will be in this map :)
    Dragons? On MY Way !!
  • Options
    mjytreszmjytresz Member Posts: 500 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    we havent had hard content in this game since mod1, and that was more bad gear issue than hard content

you really consider
    "boss spawned adds
    where ?
    ohh theyre dead"
    being hard ?

You're right. That's not hard.
    Now we have

>Boss spawned adds
    >Where?
    >Standing over our corpses because they just wiped the whole party as soon as they spawned

Seems legit.
    Broken mechanics, broken class designs, lack of actual content, and over zealous, bronze-age moderation?

Go Cryptic!
    PS - I quit.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    gogu79 wrote: »
    in icewind dale my cw die in 2 sec -bears-2 hit dead and there is 2 bears 1hit+1 hit = dead
    -yeti-3 hits dead
    -giants-1 hit dead
    -barbarians groups 1 barbarian+ 2 volves -dead instant
    -for totems need 10+ players most weak enchounters from ice
    -remoraz and other big encounters ? nobody know this its not for players its only for design
    -biggrin finished with 5 persons party
    y my cw have 2.2 stats gear 76k hp and for me icewind its so painnles if someone say icewind its good how it is then its good
    in valey dont know still its blocked but valey have trolls groups 5-6 monsters i dont want to think how will be in this map :)

-even giants couldnt kill my 35k hp cw in 3 hits, use shield, and dodge
    -2~3 ppl are enough for 5+ HE's, they can be solod
    -did remorhaz, and there werent that many ppl
    -it is proven on a video that biggrin can be done with ilvl1000 gwf solo, it has been done on cw also without any insane gear

so as i see it the problem lies somewhere between keyboard and chair
    Paladin Master Race
  • Options
    katbozejziemikatbozejziemi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Hey guys, did you know that the forum has a "Ignore user" function? You should try it out.
  • Options
    rabbinicusrabbinicus Member Posts: 1,822 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    -it is proven on a video that biggrin can be done with ilvl1000 gwf solo, it has been done on cw also without any insane gear

I've seen multiple "Protect the Merchant" HE's failed lately. That used to be an easily solo'ed HE for any decently geared character. Now, even with a group of over a dozen players - including well played CW's using excellent control, it is easily failed. The enemies in IWD hit so hard that the horses die very easily. Playing Mother Lode earlier today my blue-geared protector paladin was the last of 15-17 people to die, most of them were one-shot - including CW's using shield.

It's great that you're enjoying the content. I'm enjoying it too. I also recognize that they have made most of the monsters far too difficult for casual players and for many more intense players also. In WoD people can't survive long enough to earn enough fangs to purchase the eternal gear to become tougher to kill.
    The right to command is earned through duty, the privilege of rank is service.

• Options
    gogu79gogu79 Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited April 2015

dude this is about mod6 not mod5
    in mod5 u madeit
    or
    "so as i see it the problem lies somewhere between keyboard and chair" how u say
    u with 35k hp in icewind will be stuck in town or camp fire :)
    Dragons? On MY Way !!
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    I really hate siding with this guy but to be fair I suppose that on THIS thread where he is asking for an increase in difficulty for the top players to have one or two epically challenging campaigns, he has a right to defend his view; I just wish he were a little more respectful and polite in doing it.
  • Options
    ohsvetlanaohsvetlana Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    got what ? artifacts and enchants, everything else changes, and im running lesser enchants and r7 so stop crying about other ppl gear

kind of sick ppl crying about
    1)pay2win
    2)bugs everywhere
    3)devs/cryptic/pw/whatever suck for _____ reason
    4)its too hard
    5)they have too good gear
    6)it takes too much time
    7)everything that i dont play is OP

and whatnot

1. It is. Deal with it.
    2. There are. Deal with it.
    3. They run this game on rented servers in a rented office on rented computers. Enough said. Proof ? Watch their streams compared to an actual gaming company's streams.

4. It's not. But i do enjoy the new difficulty.
    5. Some do, and got it through nefarious means, and still haven't been banned.
    6. All MMO's do, no argument here.
    7. There is some validity to this statement as I play every class and have 18 characters. Some characters / builds are far beyond what their intended usage should be
  • Options
    faxquofaxquo Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I'll third this motion!

This fellow has nothing better to do with his life than to play games and judging by the number of posts/rants he's made he's lobbying for everyone else to enjoy doing things his way.

Not all of us want to be beat down and to spend countless hours slogging through content just to feel superior We just want to play, collect cool gear and have fun doing it. The reason some of us work or pay for better gear is to be able to not get one-shotted ...ever!

Amazing as it might seem to some "hard core" gamers, there are people who actually enjoy other facets of the game, one of my friends actually enjoys the farming and AH trading aspect and dislikes the repetitive grind and seldom plays the combat part which I personally enjoy. My endgame is to have 2 of every class fully attired and capable of doing all content ... a feat probable lo longer attainable, heck Dwarven Valley is practically a ghosttown other than for a few people needing to run an encounter and mine black ice. The Beholder when up is left untouched because the reward is useless and beating it is virtually impossible.

Where's the fun in that?
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    faxquo wrote: »
    Amazing as it might seem to some "hard core" gamers, there are people who actually enjoy other facets of the game, one of my friends actually enjoys the farming and AH trading aspect and dislikes the repetitive grind and seldom plays the combat part which I personally enjoy. My endgame is to have 2 of every class fully attired and capable of doing all content ... a feat probable lo longer attainable, heck Dwarven Valley is practically a ghosttown other than for a few people needing to run an encounter and mine black ice. The Beholder when up is left untouched because the reward is useless and beating it is virtually impossible.

i want you to enjoy the game, there is sharandar, dread ring, 3man dungeons you can do easily, explore etc. im for content for everybody, i just dont want the part of content that i like nerfed to oblivion, few challenging zones
    gogu79 wrote: »
    dude this is about mod6 not mod5
    in mod5 u madeit
    or
    "so as i see it the problem lies somewhere between keyboard and chair" how u say
    u with 35k hp in icewind will be stuck in town or camp fire :)

shield on tab op, though as i was lvl 63 with some trash mod2 epic weapon, i didnt do any damage and had like 2% life steal, i think i didnt get hit for over 15k~20k, it took 2 giants like 2 or 3 min to kill me :D with decent life steal and some practice(havent played cw since mod2) i could kill them
    Paladin Master Race