test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Reached level 70, what armour now?

wilburrrrwilburrrr Member Posts: 9 Arc User
edited April 2015 in General Discussion (PC)
Finally managed to hit lvl 70, mostly by avoiding the new stuff.
I'm currently wearing the level 61 Eternal set. I'd like to return to working on my dragon boons but I am still way too squishy for the WoD stuff. I kinda expected to be able to return there after 70.

So, as the title says, what armour do I need to be chasing?

I did have a couple of goes at dungeons. I never really liked them before mod 6 and now they are insanely brutal so they are out. I will eventually level up black ice crafting but that is going to take weeks. In the meantime, is there anything else I can wear to improve my survivability? At the moment my skills are mostly useless in WoD as I end up kiting around trying to survive rather than actually damaging anything.
Post edited by wilburrrr on

Comments

• Options
    mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    The next gear set after Eternal would be T1 dungeon stuff I think.

But remember armor is only 4 of your slots. You have a lot of upgrade options in your other slots as well, don't forget those :)

You probably should not go to T1 dungeons with less than 2,3k or so il, or you will have to be carried by the group.
  • Options
    b3llist0rb3llist0r Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    wilburrrr wrote: »

I did have a couple of goes at dungeons. I never really liked them before mod 6 and now they are insanely brutal so they are out. I will eventually level up black ice crafting but that is going to take weeks. In the meantime, is there anything else I can wear to improve my survivability? At the moment my skills are mostly useless in WoD as I end up kiting around trying to survive rather than actually damaging anything.

Play LoL until you have 4 (blue) T1 set pieces. Only a few runs needed.

Now you have enough HP to (eventually) survive a T2 dungeon.
    Play ToS/GWD/CC until you have 4 (purple) T1,5 set pieces (there are two for each slot, choose according to class/build). Perhaps buy last piece with Elemental Seals. You can also skip the T2 runs and improve the blue T1 to purple T1,5 with Black ice profession.

Now you have reached >95% of the max. item (4 piece armor) power. The "real" T2 set needs 1800 Seals of the Protector (that takes very long to farm) and is only a few points stronger. So at this point you may try Tiamat... good luck.

//Bellistor
  • Options
    vordaynvordayn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,283 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Agree with what previous posters have suggested. T1 armor is farmable from T1 dungeons with the right party mix, then onwards to T2 when T1 set is complete.

You should also be considering the artifact set pieces. They can offer some good bonuses, but choose the set appropriate to your class.
    Vordon CW        Vordayn DC        Axel Wolfric GWF        Logain SW        Gawyn GF        Galad OP        Aspen Darkfire HR        Min TR
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Already got the new weapon and offhand plus a "greater" cloak so it the 4 armour pieces I need an upgrade from.

I should have been clearer. I really have no interesting in doing dungeons. I just don't enjoy them.
    Likewise I don't really want to be forced into PVP to gear up. I'd be happy to buy some gear if it was available or to grind some out in PVE if that is an option. I bought High Vizier way back and I bought Eternal to do Mod 6 (fortunately had enough dragon currencies).
    Will suitable "almost bis" gear make it to the AH eventually or is it all bound?
  • Options
    walk2kwalk2k Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    if you don't want to do dungeons and you don't want to PVP.... yeah you'll need to farm about 83242 million black ice. :p

then get black ice crafting to level 5, and alchemy to level 25.
  • Options
    ashnvfashnvf Member Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Already got the new weapon and offhand plus a "greater" cloak so it the 4 armour pieces I need an upgrade from.

I should have been clearer. I really have no interesting in doing dungeons. I just don't enjoy them.
    Likewise I don't really want to be forced into PVP to gear up. I'd be happy to buy some gear if it was available or to grind some out in PVE if that is an option. I bought High Vizier way back and I bought Eternal to do Mod 6 (fortunately had enough dragon currencies).
    Will suitable "almost bis" gear make it to the AH eventually or is it all bound?

If you don't do dungeons and don't pvp, what part of the game do you actually do that you need the gear?
  • Options
    burkaancburkaanc Member Posts: 2,186 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    what class are u playing ? for smth like gwf you need some 15% life steal, @ 15% life steal and 57k hp i was ok in IWD. you can try running 3man dungeons, they are really easy and might get smth better, i think i got a lvl 70 blue out of there, that was an improvement over my lvl 6x greens, dont know about eternal. You might get better accessories there. depending on what you have you can buy l70 shirt and pants, the ones without a socket arent too expensive, some 70k a piece(paladin price, for other classes should be cheaper)
    Paladin Master Race
  • Options
    healaryhealary Member Posts: 600 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    ashnvf wrote: »
    If you don't do dungeons and don't pvp, what part of the game do you actually do that you need the gear?

I don't know about him but some people just do open world pve such as the campaign daily quests but it is the same story. If he doesn't pvp he won't get the level 70 pvp gear and if he doesn't do dungeons he won't get the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> blues, let alone the epic set that take 1800 seals. He can buy all the artifact and artifact gear and fully refined them with real money. I guess that's what the gold sellers want to hear but reality they are just cute and naive and should look for bankruptcy soon.
  • Options
    urlord283urlord283 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I got the "Burning" armor set.

Not the best but a start

I have yet to find a party to complete a Epic DD
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    ashnvf wrote: »

Dungeons and PVP are just two aspects of the game. There are many others.

I've been playing the game for almost a year, almost all of it solo. I realise this is a crime to some of you but, hey, we all play the game as we choose. I've only been in 2 or 3 dungeons, none of them epic, and I have PVP'd precisely once, for about 60 seconds. Before mod 6 landed I was happily working on my dragon boons, doing WoD dailies, the herald "zerg" and Tiamat. That's really what I would like to return to but I am just too squishy. I have barely started refining my new artifact stuff but that alone will not make enough difference. Mining black ice in IWD is a tad easier but not much. Hence my question about gearing up. I have plenty of AD and other currencies but I cannot find any better gear than Eternal. My gear level is currently about 2200 which is not too shabby but seemingly nowhere near enough. I've never really splashed much real money on the game. I much prefer the slow, steady growth, each day getting a little bit closer to that next boon, or next artifact rank, or next enchant rank. So I don't need BIS gear, I just need lots more survivability to be able to do the stuff I used to do (is that progress?).

Shirt and pants are a good call. I had completely overlooked those. Currently wearing the (previously best) lvl 60 gemmed stuff with rank 8s slotted. Will look on AH later and see what is available.

Do you reckon that eventually the AH will have more gear on it or is everything bound now?

And when is mod 7? ;p
  • Options
    burkaancburkaanc Member Posts: 2,186 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    ok, what class do you play, how much life steal do u have and how much max hp do you have, you are better geared than my gwf i have no problems doing solo content with, and have even more ilvl than my paladin that roflstomps pve
    Paladin Master Race
  • Options
    sangrinesangrine Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 575 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    In my opinion, level 70 gemmed shirt and pants on auction house are still overpriced.
    I personally will wait until the price falls before buying.

If you want a good bang-for-the-AD, I highly recommend getting some new companion-only gear for your favorite companions.

http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Category:Companion_Only

I am using 3 loyal avenger pieces on my ioun stone of allure.
    very high stats, much more stats than jewelcrafted gear, and includes both offense and defense enchantment slots.
    Simply buy them on AH and your solo play will be a little easier.

There are other companion only gear which increases companion healing, threat generation, and control duration.

The only downside of companion gear is that it does not increase your total item level (TIL).
    But since you don't go into dungeons, you don't need to worry about having a low total item level.
    My CW has only 2.3k TIL and is rarely invited into dungeon parties, but when I queue into a dungeon, I do very well, partially because of loyal avenger gear and it's incredible stat boost.
  • Options
    stevedudemanstevedudeman Member Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    urlord283 wrote: »
    I got the "Burning" armor set.

Not the best but a start

I have yet to find a party to complete a Epic DD
    Care to indulge us as to where you got the Burning armor?
  • Options
    suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Care to indulge us as to where you got the Burning armor?

Play PvP => Accumulate 27 Seals of Triumph and 88k Glory => go to Trade of Blades vendor and buy it.

Though in the current exploit-o-rama meets Palaspam PvP this isn't really an easy path...
  • Options
    bmcd73bmcd73 Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I asked a similar question in this thread: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?903351-Should-I-continue-EE-Tasks-at-70&p=10675881#post10675881

At the end of the 16 EE tasks in Spinward Rise you get an artifact weapon that has a set bonus with the offhand weapon. Something I didn't know until today. Makes a big difference in closing the gear gap.
  • Options
    healaryhealary Member Posts: 600 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Play PvP => Accumulate 27 Seals of Triumph and 88k Glory => go to Trade of Blades vendor and buy it.

Though in the current exploit-o-rama meets Palaspam PvP this isn't really an easy path...

Unfortunately for those who did not save enough seals in Mod 5, they will not get the level 70 set since there is no way to obtain those seals due to the death of Neverember daily quests. I don't see any acknowledge on the Cryptic front that this is a "bug" or issue. I only see a handful of people complaining about players wearing these PvP armors for dungeons. These are also the ones who embrace the RP system and insist players should be met with very hard content and no loot with severely reduced daily AD sources. I won't be surprised if this Seals of Triumph "problem" is not fixed tomorrow.
  • Options
    dodgododgo Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 870 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Finally managed to hit lvl 70, mostly by avoiding the new stuff.
    I'm currently wearing the level 61 Eternal set. I'd like to return to working on my dragon boons but I am still way too squishy for the WoD stuff. I kinda expected to be able to return there after 70.

"avoiding new stuff" epic fail cryptic u spent all your design time on stuff no one runs... new pvp map please....

isnt this guy gonna die like a bug in IWD?