Options

Something needs to be done about TRs

2»

Comments

• Options
    muttonmunchingmuttonmunching Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    krad777 wrote: »
    Playing as a rogue will definitely help. It will also make you realize how much easier pvp is being a rogue compared to other classes so don't take it too hard on yourself if you find yourself being bested by one. I made a rogue myself strictly for insight on the class.

I will agree with the statement that rogues are much easier to kill once you have played against one, but I do personally find PvP on my rogue much harder than on my control wizard (This may be as my rogue is currently only level 40, and my CW is 60) as a control wizard you simply need to find a target, do a correct combo (Killing them if there is no cleric nearby-often the case) and then leave and get your cooldowns, or harass the enemy rogue as your ranged at-wills will do much more than their own. As a rogue I find myself needing to pick my situations a lot more safely, since when I commit I can be easily countered by a lucky dodge or deflect, when on a CW my DoTs will take at least half their health dodge or no dodge. (SS wizard based on full thaumaturge, or middle tree.) As a rogue, the only difference I can see by getting higher levels is that lashing blade will go from 60% of their HP to 90% upon me finishing my tree, with the one=shots only becoming an option when I aquire a greater vorpal enchant (Currently working on it, saved about 400k AD so far, all converted to zen for investment purposes so when price goes up I get a good return.)

I understand how many people are having trouble with assassin-type builds, and this will happen when you play moba-esque PvP for the first time (I find the PvP in NW highly comparable to SMITE or even a different camera angle LoL, with all the same mechanics in play.) For ranged classes the countering of the TR is simply getting a feeling that they are in the area, (Map awareness) and getting ready to dodge them and CC, or just CC. (HRs, CWs, DCs, even the SW has the ability to do this, albeit a little worse.)

Last but not least, never underestimate the power of the juke, you can completely screw over a TR with a good juke when you see him roll towards you, it will screw his camera angle, confuse the hell out of him, let you chose where you want to go, and potentially get help, simply from going where he does not expect you to go. (If you need an idea on juking I recommend you watch the League of Legend's player and streamer Siv HD, as he makes videos of himself hilariously juking the entire enemy team with jump based abilities or fast movement.)

Thats my (Longer than it should be) opinion on the matter of TRs in PvP. I wish you all happy hunting with your rogue killing/getting kills with.
  • Options
    krad777krad777 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I will agree with the statement that rogues are much easier to kill once you have played against one, but I do personally find PvP on my rogue much harder than on my control wizard (This may be as my rogue is currently only level 40, and my CW is 60) as a control wizard you simply need to find a target, do a correct combo (Killing them if there is no cleric nearby-often the case) and then leave and get your cooldowns, or harass the enemy rogue as your ranged at-wills will do much more than their own. As a rogue I find myself needing to pick my situations a lot more safely, since when I commit I can be easily countered by a lucky dodge or deflect, when on a CW my DoTs will take at least half their health dodge or no dodge. (SS wizard based on full thaumaturge, or middle tree.) As a rogue, the only difference I can see by getting higher levels is that lashing blade will go from 60% of their HP to 90% upon me finishing my tree, with the one=shots only becoming an option when I aquire a greater vorpal enchant (Currently working on it, saved about 400k AD so far, all converted to zen for investment purposes so when price goes up I get a good return.)

I understand how many people are having trouble with assassin-type builds, and this will happen when you play moba-esque PvP for the first time (I find the PvP in NW highly comparable to SMITE or even a different camera angle LoL, with all the same mechanics in play.) For ranged classes the countering of the TR is simply getting a feeling that they are in the area, (Map awareness) and getting ready to dodge them and CC, or just CC. (HRs, CWs, DCs, even the SW has the ability to do this, albeit a little worse.)

Last but not least, never underestimate the power of the juke, you can completely screw over a TR with a good juke when you see him roll towards you, it will screw his camera angle, confuse the hell out of him, let you chose where you want to go, and potentially get help, simply from going where he does not expect you to go. (If you need an idea on juking I recommend you watch the League of Legend's player and streamer Siv HD, as he makes videos of himself hilariously juking the entire enemy team with jump based abilities or fast movement.)

Thats my (Longer than it should be) opinion on the matter of TRs in PvP. I wish you all happy hunting with your rogue killing/getting kills with.

Not gonna lie, I stopped reading after you said your rogue was only lvl 40. Get him to 60, do some pvp and watch your opinion change. Either that or you somehow found a way to build a horrible TR, which is pretty hard to do.
    "An Idle mind is the devils workshop"
  • Options
    muttonmunchingmuttonmunching Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Not gonna lie, I stopped reading after you said your rogue was only lvl 40. Get him to 60, do some pvp and watch your opinion change. Either that or you somehow found a way to build a horrible TR, which is pretty hard to do.

Will do, I will make sure to get to the point where I one shot everything so I can complain fully! (Still find it easy to juke+kill TRs on a CW though.)
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Will do, I will make sure to get to the point where I one shot everything so I can complain fully! (Still find it easy to juke+kill TRs on a CW though.)

You'll get there soon enough. I made a Rogue just so I can actually experience what it's like playing as one before trying to call them op(my main is a CW as well). Originally was only gonna lvl to 30 for pvp but got him to 60 for the hell of it and to no surprise I dominate fairly easy with my TR. Keep in mind I've put little effort in researching this class or build so I would be at an even playing field as most players. I find it easier to not only get kills without dying but to also capture nodes.

Don't get me wrong, I do very well on my CW as well but have actually put time and effort in my build and class. I still find TR's the hardest to deal with by far compared to other classes. Even when playing my TR, other TR's tend to give the most problems.
  • Options
    munkey81munkey81 Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    You'll get there soon enough. I made a Rogue just so I can actually experience what it's like playing as one before trying to call them op(my main is a CW as well). Originally was only gonna lvl to 30 for pvp but got him to 60 for the hell of it and to no surprise I dominate fairly easy with my TR. Keep in mind I've put little effort in researching this class or build so I would be at an even playing field as most players. I find it easier to not only get kills without dying but to also capture nodes.

Don't get me wrong, I do very well on my CW as well but have actually put time and effort in my build and class. I still find TR's the hardest to deal with by far compared to other classes. Even when playing my TR, other TR's tend to give the most problems.

I find a good HR Trapper the hardest fight for me. Have you encountered a well geared skilled Trapper yet? Its unreal the damage they put out, and the damage they can avoid.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    munkey81 wrote: »
    I find a good HR Trapper the hardest fight for me. Have you encountered a well geared skilled Trapper yet? Its unreal the damage they put out, and the damage they can avoid.

Actually you are correct, a well skilled HR is Definitley the tougher fight, they are just so few of them. There's a lot of poorly built HR's out there.
  • Options
    elysium1993elysium1993 Member Posts: 12
    edited April 2015
    I've met a very skilled hunter ranger and I literally could not touch the guy at all, same with well built clerics. Rogues aren't OP at all in this game, if you build a character right it and learn about the opposition then TR's shouldn't be the biggest problem
    Elysiana Deveraux

Tenacity
  • Options
    j0kerspsychoj0kerspsycho Member Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Actually you are correct, a well skilled HR is Definitley the tougher fight, they are just so few of them. There's a lot of poorly built HR's out there.

U will start seeing more with the right spec, got a build up on the forums and am asked every day for my build :P. But yeah a trapper imo is one of the best classes, hell rogues are more annoying than anything now, a CW tho, if they get the drop on u? S**Ts rough lol.
    Step into the madhouse
    Aldren Boweing - 60 HR
  • Options
    rapier89rapier89 Member Posts: 42
    edited April 2015
    I've met a very skilled hunter ranger and I literally could not touch the guy at all, same with well built clerics. Rogues aren't OP at all in this game, if you build a character right it and learn about the opposition then TR's shouldn't be the biggest problem

I think i know the one you are talking about. And he is by far the best i have seen so far. Dude is hard to deal with regardless of class lol
  • Options
    elysium1993elysium1993 Member Posts: 12
    edited April 2015
    The HR if I recalled is IIIIIIIIIII or 11111111 I think, the DC was days ago so I forgot that ones name. They are out there in Neverwinter, killing everything in PvP lol
    Elysiana Deveraux

Tenacity
  • Options
    j0kerspsychoj0kerspsycho Member Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I played him to today, first hr I've seen who kept even with me, twaz impressed
    Step into the madhouse
    Aldren Boweing - 60 HR