test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Module 6 is disappointment

2»

Comments

• gramps5scorpiongramps5scorpion Member Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    IMHO they didn't need to change ANY of the existing content if they would have actually created a 100% new content module. Reusing the same old thing over and over again is where the tedium and frustrations come in for the end users. In real D&D, the modules never change just because a new one comes out..... you can always go back and play them over and over again if you so desire but are never faced with a change that makes them unplayable nor do new modules dictate how to play old modules in the real D&D. To me it's just a lazy way of trying to make a lot of money and we all know that never works for long.
    Take the extra time to do the job right and it will never come back to bite you in the A**
  • thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I like module 6, enough said.
  • ofnieslafofnieslaf Member Posts: 381 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I like module 6, enough said.

this

regards
  • instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    It feels weird to be the one defending cryptic but here goes,

No, what the module did was waste a lot of my time and money, working towards the set I wanted, and eventually, getting my GS up to snuff, as it were, in preparation for the new 61-70 module that was released this past week.

Instead, everyone got completely cut off at the knees.

And now, in order to get back to work and strive towards whatever new gear set looks good, I have to waste a week and change grinding through endless quests that don't do anything except waste more time, in order to get to 70.

It's absolute <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.

New module should have been (at the very least) new endgame campaign (or, better yet, completely new zones that actually lead up to the new endgame campaign, utilizing linear quests and exploration, not constant mind-numbingly boring and soul-sucking grind) with the new gear and stuff, and everything existing should have been left alone.

But then again, I'm an experienced DM and have been an avid D&D player since the 70's. Instead of bringing in more WoW <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> to this universe, Cryptic has (had?) the opportunity to pave the way for MMOs... just as D&D paved the way for RPG.
    header.png
    "...I grab my wiener and charge!" - ironzerg79
  • herbertgerbertherbertgerbert Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I'm leaving this game. I was not sure what my characters level was until the end of the "new" shores map which was of course just a recycled old map. Sometimes it was 38, then it was 44 or 56 or 70. In Sharandar i was level 60 but now the mobs are level 71 there and i got promoted to level 70. Ok, if u re inventing a random character level for rpgs combined with working on quests killings 100nds of mobs i m out forever. On work i ve enough work to do. Thats why i dont wanna work on my free times.

I'm curious what the profession of ur developers and of course of your game designers are!?
  • learch123learch123 Member Posts: 514 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2015
    ofnieslaf wrote: »
    the world goes around, it cant just stay static, u need to adapt to the changes and play the content the devs give u

they spent months making those map so u could at least make an effort and play thme

regards

your profile says you joined last month so i dont want to hear from you about adapting from you
    anyone that has played this game for any time knows this mod went to far they destroyed there base player core there casual player and catterd to the bis toons im a 20k cw and i am usealy pretty good but i have a hard time in lol vt mc sot and cant even do tos cc wd no one can do the epics no one i got 8 artifacts 2 are legandary rest are epic close to legendary i know that NO player with new gear stands a chance
  • helpimblindinrlhelpimblindinrl Member Posts: 972 Arc User
    edited April 2015

But then again, I'm an experienced DM and have been an avid D&D player since the 70's. Instead of bringing in more WoW <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> to this universe, Cryptic has (had?) the opportunity to pave the way for MMOs... just as D&D paved the way for RPG.

That's what they make. neverwinter isn't a deep game. Its an action mmo. You might like dungeons and dragons online. It sounds more your pace and it wants to be dnd not so much action combat.
  • instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    That's what they make. neverwinter isn't a deep game. Its an action mmo. You might like dungeons and dragons online. It sounds more your pace and it wants to be dnd not so much action combat.

No reason we can't have both.
    header.png
    "...I grab my wiener and charge!" - ironzerg79
  • cl1mh4224rdcl1mh4224rd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    tousseau wrote: »
    *Looks at join date*

Awww.. isn't that cute... the innocence of youth... gotta love that eternal optimism...

Get off my lawn!
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I've always found the levelling story uninteresting in neverwinter. To me, the lore sucks. I'm here for the gameplay, which is great, and to me, the slightly guided mob grinding called "vigilance tasks" were interesting enough, but I understand that not everyone feels the same and likes texts and unending voiceovers. Some of the vigilance tasks are really hard and grindy though (fetch quests with no items respawn, kill x + collect quests with insanely low drop rates, or kill 40 npcs of one kind, which means killing 40 groups of npcs with this one in it = 120 or 150 mobs), I may make a post about it but I enjoy the game too much currently to take notes and make a long post about broken stuff.
  • anselopesanselopes Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    WHY THE ****ING HELL we dont get controller support? WHY its that hard do copy pastes the xbox controler support for the pc?
  • noktoriahnoktoriah Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    anselopes wrote: »
    WHY THE ****ING HELL we dont get controller support? WHY its that hard do copy pastes the xbox controler support for the pc?

You really have no idea how programming works, do you? It is far more complicated then your simple copy and paste.