test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Module 6 is disappointment

filcfilc Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited April 2015 in Player Feedback (PC)
Hi devs,
I was thinking to give you feedback on M6 so here we go. I think that M6 is the worst module released so far.

When I saw that there is new max lvl 70, I hoped for cool content to play and enjoy. And what did I get?

You pretty much removed almost all lvl 60 content (it's 70 lvl now) and replaced that with few repeatable quests, which we have to do over and over and over to lvl to 70. No story, just "picking up mushrooms in cave" sort of quests mixed with kill X of mob Y.

I'm really disappointed by the way how you implemented new content. You actually completely ruined lvl 60+ content with this module.
Post edited by filc on

Comments

• ofnieslafofnieslaf Member Posts: 381 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    the world goes around, it cant just stay static, u need to adapt to the changes and play the content the devs give u

they spent months making those map so u could at least make an effort and play thme

regards
  • djoffer1djoffer1 Member Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I really dont get all the complaining about making the old mod level 70 only, i mean it would be absolutely pointless to introduce a ton of new content if half the playerbase just did sharandar and dread ring instead... However the quality of the new content is absolutely horrid, so i guess i can understand why some peeps would prefer to play the old mods instead.
  • jaotutjaotut Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 576 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I actually quite like all the new content, just hating the lag
    Merlin - CW Merlyn - HR Psylocke - TR Black Widow - GWF

Have the gear and skills, but lack the friends to play with? Come and apply for Essence of Aggression. We have been here and strong since beta. (Immature, rude, and arrogant people will not be accepted)
  • blackxxwolf3blackxxwolf3 Member Posts: 1,539 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    i cant stand the grind. and the lag. but the grind.
    edited April 2015
    jaotut wrote: »
    I actually quite like all the new content, just hating the lag

thats the spirit mate, lag is a pain but just patience, itll get fixed soon

regards
  • balorinbalorin Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Lag is out of control, it's a big pain to play atm, it's totally unplayable, dungeon or leveling zone, do something ffs.
  • burkaancburkaanc Member Posts: 2,186 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    i cant stand the grind. and the lag. but the grind.

yea the servers seem to be $@%# themselves

and the paladin is unable to do anything resembling damage i feel like running around with a foam weapon, though it feels like that might have smth to do with servers - i think it registers only 1/2 of attacks

but mod6 is the best mod so far
    Paladin Master Race
  • tinead51tinead51 Member Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Module 6 is disappointment : Biggest understatement of the year... PERIOD
  • ysil6969ysil6969 Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    The new story content is fairly interesting. But grinding/fetch quests repeated over and over get's boring fast. We already had that at 60, what was the point in even adding 70? Same dungeons, same campaigns, same content as when we were 60, just moved to 70. That was a reaaaally cheesy move.
  • jaotutjaotut Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 576 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    ofnieslaf wrote: »
    thats the spirit mate, lag is a pain but just patience, itll get fixed soon

regards

yeah after every new mod, I always have lag and rubberbanding issues for a while, so I have good faith it'll be fixed soon

the lag is actually not as bad as after mod 5, where I couldn't even run around talking to the npc's in WoD coz I'd get rubberbanded back to map's entrance or something

As with the new content, a lot of the heroic encounters are quite fun and different. I've been taking my sweet *** time to level, and I haven't even hit 70 yet, so plenty more to do before I get bored.
    Merlin - CW Merlyn - HR Psylocke - TR Black Widow - GWF

Have the gear and skills, but lack the friends to play with? Come and apply for Essence of Aggression. We have been here and strong since beta. (Immature, rude, and arrogant people will not be accepted)
  • fantasycharacterfantasycharacter Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 675 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I have been taking my time. I only have 2 levels so far!
    I like the new storyline and the villains are cool.
    I don't like that I have to grind the same quests over and over for XP.
  • d4rthd00fusd4rthd00fus Member Posts: 453 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Overall I like the new content, but the way it is presented sometimes leaves much to be desired.

The grind is a big downer, but seemingly the only way they could think of to pad content and gate progression to some extent. They have some interesting quests, some quests so bad they should never have made it into the game and some where the number of items or iterations killed any sense of fun. Many times the hard/longer quests do not provide an appropriate reward/xp for the extra trouble. Many of them are competitive and griefable which REALLY drowns the fun. Preview feedback should have helped the team sort through these things but somehow that didn't happen and some bad quests were actually made worse.

Level Scaling is backwards with you being scaled instead of the monsters meaning your non scaled gear will severely hamper your survivability and damage dealing in many situations.

Champion level monsters not labeled as such randomly mixed in with the regular mobs makes for some very frustrating deaths.

The game was not stress tested properly so the maximum number of players in some areas is set too high resulting in severe lag.

The potion bug that causes your potions to misfire and go on cooldown was never addressed which should have been the first thing fixed when they started talking about lifesteal nerfs and the extremely tough battles in mod6.

These are my main issues which should have been addressed while still on preview but for whatever reason are in the final product. I still hold out hope that this rush job can still be fixed as Neverwinter is still a fun place to spend time.
  • nezraalnezraal Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    the world goes around, it cant just stay static, u need to adapt to the changes and play the content the devs give u

they spent months making those map so u could at least make an effort and play thme

regards

blah blah blah blah ...

Here is a solid review from gamespot

There is a bare minimum of developer-provided content, layered into a network of overworld areas and winding dungeons that never coalesce into an enticing world. If you have played Cryptic's previous games, such as Star Trek Online or Champions Online, then you will recognize Neverwinter's segmented design.

It's not that a highly directed theme park-style MMOG is inherently bad--it's that Neverwinter's quests don't benefit from diversity of action, great writing, or any element of surprise. You do all or many of the quests in a zone, get your rewards, and then move on to the next area to do the same basic things all over again. This is a familiar trope, of course, but most similar games make valiant efforts to overcome it, mixing up the rhythm with interactive weaponry, puzzle elements, explorable landscapes, and so forth. In Neverwinter, there is no disguising the monotony.

To be short, the PvE in the game is GARBAGE.

The PvP is imbalanced total rubbish and even the developers know it. There isn't one module where they haven't developed 2 OP classes. Why ? Because the developers don't understand the game

Every time you put a proper list of feedback such as piercing or getting one shot - it is outlined as "dev bashing" by the cry babies who develop this **** game. And instead of fixing the problem, they push the problems under the rug ... and they know it ^^.

They are probably working on a new license and title from another popular name .. like Star Trek , D&D ... this is how they make money. This tactic will die soon, as players learn to realize this game was made by "PWE" and Cryptic"

So many 21k + GS players have left ... from last mod. Honestly I don't even feel like logging into D&D , Neverwinter. After all .. why would I spend time grinding on a shtty MMO for a new mod, where I can use the same tim to play a much better designed MMO compared to this one. Huh ?
  • vordaynvordayn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,283 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    nezraal wrote: »
    blah blah blah blah ...

There is a bare minimum of developer-provided content, layered into a network of overworld areas and winding dungeons that never coalesce into an enticing world. If you have played Cryptic's previous games, such as Star Trek Online or Champions Online, then you will recognize Neverwinter's segmented design.

It's not that a highly directed theme park-style MMOG is inherently bad--it's that Neverwinter's quests don't benefit from diversity of action, great writing, or any element of surprise. You do all or many of the quests in a zone, get your rewards, and then move on to the next area to do the same basic things all over again. This is a familiar trope, of course, but most similar games make valiant efforts to overcome it, mixing up the rhythm with interactive weaponry, puzzle elements, explorable landscapes, and so forth. In Neverwinter, there is no disguising the monotony.

The PvP is imbalanced total rubbish and even the developers know it. There isn't one module where they haven't developed 2 OP classes. Why ? Because the developers don't understand the game

Every time you put a proper list of feedback such as piercing or getting one shot - it is outlined as "dev bashing" by the cry babies who develop this **** game. And instead of fixing the problem, they push the problems under the rug ... and they know it ^^.

They are probably working on a new license and title from another popular name .. like Star Trek , D&D ... this is how they make money. This tactic will die soon, as players learn to realize this game was made by "PWE" and Cryptic"

So many 21k + GS players have left ... from last mod. Honestly I don't even feel like logging into D&D , Neverwinter. After all .. why would I spend time grinding on a shtty MMO for a new mod, where I can use the same tim to play a much better designed MMO compared to this one. Huh ?

Quoted for truth. Could not have said it better.
    Vordon CW        Vordayn DC        Axel Wolfric GWF        Logain SW        Gawyn GF        Galad OP        Aspen Darkfire HR        Min TR
  • blackxxwolf3blackxxwolf3 Member Posts: 1,539 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    nezraal wrote: »
    blah blah blah blah ...

quoted again for truth you need to read this.. all of you...
  • rocknroguerocknrogue Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2015

regards

some foundry quest that made by people like us re better than mod 6 blue quest. thats interesting.

regards
  • d4rthd00fusd4rthd00fus Member Posts: 453 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    It seems they just bit off more than they could chew with this mod. Should have back burnered 1 of the areas till another mod and just concentrated on balancing the others and adding, ya know, fun.
  • sasagerusasageru Member Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I won't comment on the stability issues, we're all peeved with those.

As for gameplay, i think a lot of people have had a serious jolt to the system because now they actually have to do some work to level xD I mean i come from games where getting 1 level at end game took weeks! Neverwinter has been, in comparison to many other games, very easy to level in.

Also, the common talk is that this is only part of the release, that we're getting another big patch toward the end of the month? So why throw hats in now when we dont see it all for what it is.

Its been a few days, at least give it a bit more time before deciding its the worse thing ever?
    DPS Rogue | Heal/Buff Cleric

• hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,462 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    rocknrogue wrote: »
    some foundry quest that made by people like us re better than mod 6 blue quest. thats interesting.

regards

They could have lifted any of the maps from mine and it would have been infinitely more interesting than the rehashed stuff in this mod.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
    edited April 2015
    rocknrogue wrote: »

regards

if thats the case then congrats ure really talented and this dev team shold have an addition like u to the already great team

regards
  • brisedabriseda Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited April 2015

regards

They spent months reusing old areas? I'm afraid not princess. There is some original content in there but precious little. Half the things that are broken now were broken on the test server but instead of testing till fixed, they just moved the problems over. Old problems dont get fixed, new problems just get piled on top of them. I mean how hard is it to fix the Singularity bug? It's not major but it's indicative of their lack of overall care. I have an Xvim amulet that just randomly became char bound but the customer support team just cannot understand why that is wrong and no one has bothered to fix it over the last year, despite my monthly reports about it. The push is for large content steamrolling over existing problems. "Hurry, distract them from our f&*kups with more content, as long as we profit, it's cool" should be the Neverwinter tagline.

Name a community request they have honored? More PVP maps? Nope. New challenging dungeons for a "DUNGEONS and dragons" game? Nope. Instead they add a new mod that recycled old content, break half of it by neglect and the other half with poor server config.

So why do I play? I dont know. lol I still like the combat and nothing else has really grabbed me yet. Saying I need to just accept cr4p service isnt really doing the problem justice. We need to start finding the Cryptic office information and start complaining at the source. Complaining here does nothing. No one who cares or who can change anything at all reads this forum. The neverwinter forum is the bottomless complaint bucket and leads to nowhere.

Go here: http://crypticstudios.com/contact

Find out how to contact these guys: http://www.crypticstudios.com/team

Complaining here is empty and useless. If you want things to actually change, step outside the forum, start posting about it on social media, write articles about it online, post reviews. That is what they will care about and will notice.
    edited April 2015
    tousseau wrote: »
    OR.. one can also vote with their wallet... lock it up...

That is less effective, because they are now spread out over multiple platforms and are supported by an old, old franchise. Moving the community to not spend money is a losing proposition really. Its faster and easier to kick up dust by just telling the truth about their lack of service and how poorly they are addressing the problems.
    edited April 2015
    tousseau wrote: »
    Valid points... My take on the wallet too, is with a dwindling disposable income due to cost of living increases, why should I be putting money forward to support a product that doesn't work reliably?

I havent spent actual money on this game in a while. A few weeks ago I had a problem with an item I bought from Zen market. Customer support told me that because I bought my Zen with AD and not cash I was not entitled to a refund and just had to suck it up. I still have writer status at a few places online, I should start writing honestly and take my own advice. *sigh* Its probably the most effective thing to do right now as the game is currently unplayable for me due to rubberbanding.
  • lowenduslowendus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 322 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I'm a fan of "grinding" but this has gone a tad overboard.

I can't even grind it out cause I keep dying to mobs I can kill with 3 encounter powers, but the rubberbanding cancels each one of them in succession landing me inside a group of mobs standing still just waiting to be killed...90% of the time, there's no fun in that.

Not to mention the heroic encouters. 100% unplayable at the moment. You dodge an enemy red spot only to be pulled back and die again and again.

And what's with the OLD "new" maps ?! Do I really need to return to an old map and play it backwards ?!?!!
    That doesn't even feel a new mod. Maps...Helms Hold ? and Gauntlgrym ?!!? That was there all along...so what ?

About 70% of the "new" mod is "old" :/ (when it comes to maps)

I really expected something more tbh, and unfortunately can't play it out at the current state.
    The lag is killing 90% of the stuff one needs to do, especially the much needed major heroic encounters.

Peace
  • lowenduslowendus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 322 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    lyaise wrote: »
    Well 'you pays your money and you takes your choice' - now of course this is a ftp mmo - but it has to create revenue from players to survive. Players freezing their spend or even quitting because of this awful Mod will give you the verdict straight to your bottom line.

I can confirm a few of my buddies already quit the game :(

Makes me sad as $#$!@!
  • sirpickleturdsirpickleturd Member Posts: 35
    edited April 2015
    People are leaving this game in droves while they sit here on their hands.

Game is done. Put a fork in it.
  • urlord283urlord283 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I'm ok with the new Mod.

Lag was bad for mod 5 for the first few weeks too.

and

The Dragon Queen battle never cleared up completely

That said

I don't have a clue where to get the new gear

Can someone let me know?

I am not level 68 and still don't see the gear

Urlord
  • ysil6969ysil6969 Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    lyaise wrote: »
    What on earth where you thinking when you decided that it would be good to increase these lvl 60 areas overnight to lvl 70+ mobs? Yes, that's bound to be greeted warmly by those players who we've just shut out from the gear/campaign progression - a real vote winner there.

This is what bugs me the most. Having a few characters that were close to boons or just hit 60 and were ready to start their boons, now I need to wait until 70. Cut off mid campaign. And you can't still do them, even if they adjust your level to 70. Because without the new HP gear you get annihilated. So at level 60 where I used to have 3 campaigns to do, and a large amount of dungeons, I now have 3 dungeons and no campaign maps.
  • gramps5scorpiongramps5scorpion Member Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I agree with pretty much everything said regarding the new mod and how bad it is. For me the fun has left the game! To advertise the new mod as the biggest yet is a joke since there is very little new content and just a repeat of continual non fun grinding. The fact that they changed the existing campaigns to me is a game breaker. It's like you buy the car/truck you always wanted and worked hard to get and tweak they way you want, then the manufacturer releases a new model but because it's new your old one no longer performs like it used to..... I don't think so! The very fact that the people who spend money supporting this game have had what they paid for reduced to garbage in the name of releasing a new mod is certainly not going to make them want to spend more money. It may be a free to play game but without the paying customers, there would be no game so disrespecting those paying customers like that will be the games demise. I know I will not be sinking anymore money into it. Why would I? They keep changing what I am spending my money on leaving me with a treasure of useless items. I will give my money to a company who respects the very fact that I am willing to support their efforts. Cryptic has no such respect for it's contributors! Period!
    Take the extra time to do the job right and it will never come back to bite you in the A**
  • helpimblindinrlhelpimblindinrl Member Posts: 972 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    It feels weird to be the one defending cryptic but here goes,

What the module did was a total gear reset. That needed to happen because pve was a joke and its not a pvp game. Not like real pvp ones. They choose not to delete all your gear but to give you higher level gear that made it redundant. They should have been fairer on the rp but they are who they are which isn't pretty and it was always going to go that way. Anyway doing this meant more levels. So they gave everyone a few days worth of busy work, maybe a week or two for the casuals in not hideous environments. Then the dungeons come back, hopefully better tuned than tos is now, and we get an actual endgame again. On top of that the rp prices are on the way back down with peridots from leadership boxes and all the rank 5s dropping. So they get the tinyest bit of slack on making the bis for one module oranges a thing of the past. In the next month or so I think the endgame is going to make way more sense.

Could it have been done better, sure but its perfect world and cryptic running Neverwinter not responsible adults and everyone who's been around long enough to earn their griping knows about their limitations.