test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

No Barrow Demolition for Common Cause quest ?

lhotse5lhotse5 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
edited May 2015 in PvE Discussion
After I accept the Common Cause quest from Harper Boward in PE, why won't Fitzhugh Montgomery offer me the Barrow Demolition quest to complete the list of task ?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by lhotse5 on

Comments

• beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    First... check with Perceptor Theraclast. :p

If that doesn't work, there may legitimately be a bug here.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • lhotse5lhotse5 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    First... check with Perceptor Theraclast. :p

If that doesn't work, there may legitimately be a bug here.

He did give it to me but the '?' over his head did not appear until after I returned from completing the other 2 task first. What a waste of time and I STILL can't invoke !
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • gimpocalypsegimpocalypse Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Does this one scale to lvl 70 also?

Also please remove the lvl 70 scaling from Mithral Mine as it is in the scaling to level 49 zone

Campaign Reworks:

Tyranny of Dragons

Players in the campaign expansion areas in these zones will be level-adjusted down to an appropriate level for the zone. Enemies will be at around the level of the hardest critters for that zone. Player leveling is set as follows:

Neverdeath – 30
    Ebon Downs – 38
    Icespire Peak – 49
    Rothe Valley – 55
    Whispering Caverns – 60

None the Tyranny of Dragons quest zones above should scale to lvl 70... the highest Campaign zone is set at 60?

Hopefully this was just an oversight and fixed rather quickly... may even be bugged as Dragon fight in Icespire said I was fighting at level 60 which might explain why Mine quest was scaled as I just remembered

... or do only lvl 60+character get punished for running Common Cause quests?
    Been looking forward to upgrading my Perfect Sarcasm font, but due to recent changes it seems I will need to grind the Nine Hells for my Pure Sarcasm font... ironic isn't it?
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    None of the lairs was ever part of Common Cause for sub-60 characters.

They always were content aimed at level capped characters.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • bammurbammur Member Posts: 38
    edited April 2015
    Barrow demolition does scale to 70.
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,462 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    lhotse5 wrote: »
    After I accept the Common Cause quest from Harper Boward in PE, why won't Fitzhugh Montgomery offer me the Barrow Demolition quest to complete the list of task ?

Be careful what you wish for.

Case in point: Ghost Stories.

A guildie needed help last night doing it. Okay, I went to assist, and as expected, it level-scaled us up to 70.

Except...when you enter any of the tombs, the level-scaling goes away. We enter the final tomb with the stairwell, only to find that we're back to levels 65 and 66, respectively. Boy, oh, boy, were we in for a couple of fights.

After a lot of dying, a lot more health stone charges, and firing off the Token of Chromatic Storm like there was no tomorrow, we *eventually* beat it, though only because the stairwell was there and we could kite everything upstairs and use it for cover. Never has my chicken come in so handy, especially since I'm a Stormwarden HR archer with negligible CC ability. I'm glad I put all 5 points in that new hasty retreat feat or whatever it was, because there was no such thing as running fast enough. It's made me seriously consider carrying some special "run-fast" gear that I have in the bank and maybe some extra R10 dark enchantments. I mean, it was insane.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • joahalexjoahalex Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. I tried it 3 times and I do not last past first contact. Lvl 63 Pathfinder HR. I got up to Lvl 60 before I ever left Ebon Downs. Double experience weekend did it.

Any advice?
  • untamedengineer#6733 untamedengineer Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    None of the old level 60 quest givers for Mod 5 appear to show the icons indicating a quest is possible with them (with the exception of the Harper).
  • darkstarcrashdarkstarcrash Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,382 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    joahalex wrote: »
    <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. I tried it 3 times and I do not last past first contact. Lvl 63 Pathfinder HR. I got up to Lvl 60 before I ever left Ebon Downs. Double experience weekend did it.

Any advice?

My advice is to level up to 70, preferably doing at least the last EE zone, before you go back to the ToD lair quests.

Just like Sharandar and Dread Ring, the lairs are end-game content. Even though you are auto-leveled to 70 when you enter the lair, it doesn't scale well.