test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What the... what?

exandresexandres Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 15
edited April 2015 in PvP Discussion
Came back after half a year, went on my newb HR to play some pvp, 50-59 bracket. And all I can say is: What the actual f***? Seriously, I understand this game is purely p2w, but making pvp so unbalanced, ****ty and pointless is just ridiculous. So DC goes on our node, pops Astral Shield, NOTHING CAN DAMAGE HIM. All you can see is zero, zero, zero. Piercing blade also does extra zero damage. Yaay, AS goes down, he can dodge a little, use Sunburst for CC and stalling, pop another AS and be immune to damage again.

And Paladins, with ridicoulous DR, HoT and DoT and daily that hits for 8k in 10-19 bracket and for whole 42k (60k) dmg in 50-59. The guy didn't even have Mulhorands or Vorpal.

Maybe I'm missing something, some crucial tactics, after all I did have a break. But there's just nothing I can think of. Maybe too much has changed, I don't know. I could more or less handle high-end GWFs with 9k HRs, TRs or CWs back in a day, so I consider myself pretty anept when it comes to tactics, dodges and overall battle awareness, playing only leather classes with no armor whatsoever. Since game launch I never met someone I couldn't completely counter in 10-59 pvp and I'm one of those idiots who run Dark Souls naked with a dagger looking for a challenge. But this right here, this broken pvp is not a matter of skill anymore. It's pure idiocy.

It's on a KV/Glyphs idiocy level. Who works in Cryptic? All hail graphic guys, yeah. What about those guys in programming department, that make skills and do all those other things that aren't animations and models. Number of exploits is horrendous. There are so many holes in their code and content, that it's ridiculous. How can they call themselves programmers? Let's be honest, even 15 year old with basic understanding of programming can make a code if he's told what it's supposed to do. What makes programmer a good programmer is his ability to simulate how program will work, foresee what can happen and prevent exploits. Of course, noone is perfect, devs don't have to be very knowledgeable about game. But even after countless beta tests this **** goes live. Perma stealth, WM, invincible LS HRs, Storm Spell, Intimidation, Mod 4 CWs, Paladins, Tyrannical Threat, infinite loops etc. As a wizard I can only laugh at this abomination. It's a shame, really. Game has been really fun back in a day. Now all they can do is reuse old areas, reuse freaking skill animations (sorry, they changed their colours) and put even more broken p2w stuff. Changing few variables, making new items and changing skill colours actually took them few months. Seriously, people in Cryptic should relinquish their master degrees if they even have them.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• gomok72gomok72 Member Posts: 616 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    exandres wrote: »
    Came back after half a year, went on my newb HR to play some pvp, 50-59 bracket. And all I can say is: What the actual f***? Seriously, I understand this game is purely p2w, but making pvp so unbalanced, ****ty and pointless is just ridiculous. So DC goes on our node, pops Astral Shield, NOTHING CAN DAMAGE HIM. All you can see is zero, zero, zero. Piercing blade also does extra zero damage. Yaay, AS goes down, he can dodge a little, use Sunburst for CC and stalling, pop another AS and be immune to damage again.

And Paladins, with ridicoulous DR, HoT and DoT and daily that hits for 8k in 10-19 bracket and for whole 42k (60k) dmg in 50-59. The guy didn't even have Mulhorands or Vorpal.

Maybe I'm missing something, some crucial tactics, after all I did have a break. But there's just nothing I can think of. Maybe too much has changed, I don't know. I could more or less handle high-end GWFs with 9k HRs, TRs or CWs back in a day, so I consider myself pretty anept when it comes to tactics, dodges and overall battle awareness, playing only leather classes with no armor whatsoever. Since game launch I never met someone I couldn't completely counter in 10-59 pvp and I'm one of those idiots who run Dark Souls naked with a dagger looking for a challenge. But this right here, this broken pvp is not a matter of skill anymore. It's pure idiocy.

It's on a KV/Glyphs idiocy level. Who works in Cryptic? All hail graphic guys, yeah. What about those guys in programming department, that make skills and do all those other things that aren't animations and models. Number of exploits is horrendous. There are so many holes in their code and content, that it's ridiculous. How can they call themselves programmers? Let's be honest, even 15 year old with basic understanding of programming can make a code if he's told what it's supposed to do. What makes programmer a good programmer is his ability to simulate how program will work, foresee what can happen and prevent exploits. Of course, noone is perfect, devs don't have to be very knowledgeable about game. But even after countless beta tests this **** goes live. Perma stealth, WM, invincible LS HRs, Storm Spell, Intimidation, Mod 4 CWs, Paladins, Tyrannical Threat, infinite loops etc. As a wizard I can only laugh at this abomination. It's a shame, really. Game has been really fun back in a day. Now all they can do is reuse old areas, reuse freaking skill animations (sorry, they changed their colours) and put even more broken p2w stuff. Changing few variables, making new items and changing skill colours actually took them few months. Seriously, people in Cryptic should relinquish their master degrees if they even have them.

Not sure if you have made it to end game, but I can assure you this game is not P2win. Early PvP levels people can twink the hell out of characters to put the beat down on someone in "EARLY" level PvP, but at 60 it becomes a whole different bal game with them boons, BI gear and having some back ground on other class skills.

I do agree, there are some imbalances with some classes in PvP right now (Rogues), who can put the pain on a better geared person, due to the massive damage skills they have and perma stealth, but that's going to be fixed "At some point.", just like they have done to CW and GWF.

Come back in a year or play a TR (You can have some one shotting fun with this class.), may be at that point they will fix the stuff that's broken.
    I may not be considered by most the BEST PVP Warlock on the server but, I am the most HATED amongst them.

-Kymos
  • exandresexandres Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 15
    edited April 2015
    gomok72 wrote: »
    Not sure if you have made it to end game, but I can assure you this game is not P2win. Early PvP levels people can twink the hell out of characters to put the beat down on someone in "EARLY" level PvP, but at 60 it becomes a whole different bal game with them boons, BI gear and having some back ground on other class skills.

Don't worry, I've had more end game characters with many different different builds than anyone here.

Boons you can buy or grind. Artifact equipment is just too much grinding for a casual player, companions add stats to pvp. Enchants etc. Of course there are no items you can't get without paying. But try to roll a normal character and get whole artifact gear, fully refined. It'll take you years. You have to be either ignorant or mindless to think this game is not being made for whales who spend cash constantly. As long as cheques keep coming in they don't care. After all it was to be f2p, so the only option is to make equipment simply unobtainable for casual player. But there are people who are ready to buy Zen to get ADs quickly just to refine their equipment. That's what it's all about. Make them spend money, then make them spend even more, then make them spend more. After all once they're on top, they wouldn't want to fall behind.

Paying gives a huge advantage. Either pay, or grind for years. Literally years.
    I do agree, there are some imbalances with some classes in PvP right now (Rogues), who can put the pain on a better geared person, due to the massive damage skills they have and perma stealth, but that's going to be fixed "At some point.", just like they have done to CW and GWF.

Don't worry, they tried to eliminate permastealth and remake TR. Guess what we got? YEAH, ANOTHER PERMASTEALTH, ONE-SHOTTER AND PERMASTUNNER. And yeah, it all made it through beta tests. That's how bad they are.
    Come back in a year or play a TR (You can have some one shotting fun with this class.), may be at that point they will fix the stuff that's broken.

Come on, they can't fix anything. Fixing something creates 3 more exploits and problems, and fixing those creates 9 whole new problems. Over and over again. They fix something on beta, then beta version goes live, and there're countless bugs and broken stuff. That's exactly what I'm talking about.

It's been that way since the beggining. They're not even mediocre programmers.
  • schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    @exandres all in all 3 words : you are right
  • jazzfongjazzfong Member Posts: 1,079 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    The worst part of pvp is even you wear a profound set and tenacity rings, defensive-specced + high hp, you will still got one shotted 3 times per minute. When i was fighting at mid (DC) i managed to get mid blue, but i always curious what is happening to my base, it is always red!! I ran back to check but i was immediately one-shotted with a stealthy lashing blade halfway. I quickly respawn and jump down from my spawn (Hotenow) and got oneshotted again with SE immediately. After 15 secs more i respawned and jumped down and this time that TR daze me first with a 30k daze strike and a lashing blade behind...

GG... Two guys in our team left the game and the opposite TR gt 29 kills and 0 death. The most irritating part is, that TR is oneshotting you nearly every time with a near blank hp. He tanks all your encounter with his 100 hp and kill you with one hit or some at wills if his encounter and daily are in cd. I saw that TR killing 3 ppl in a row with his 100 hp, tanking all encounters and cc, pop a DC sigil and SE me after i out of dodge.

If i can disable one class in pvp including my allies, i will vote TR.
  • spookholiospookholio Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    jazzfong wrote: »
    The worst part of pvp is even you wear a profound set and tenacity rings, defensive-specced + high hp, you will still got one shotted 3 times per minute. When i was fighting at mid (DC) i managed to get mid blue, but i always curious what is happening to my base, it is always red!! I ran back to check but i was immediately one-shotted with a stealthy lashing blade halfway. I quickly respawn and jump down from my spawn (Hotenow) and got oneshotted again with SE immediately. After 15 secs more i respawned and jumped down and this time that TR daze me first with a 30k daze strike and a lashing blade behind...

GG... Two guys in our team left the game and the opposite TR gt 29 kills and 0 death. The most irritating part is, that TR is oneshotting you nearly every time with a near blank hp. He tanks all your encounter with his 100 hp and kill you with one hit or some at wills if his encounter and daily are in cd. I saw that TR killing 3 ppl in a row with his 100 hp, tanking all encounters and cc, pop a DC sigil and SE me after i out of dodge.

If i can disable one class in pvp including my allies, i will vote TR.

I have yet to dabble in mod 6 pvp with my cleric, for mod 5 my main was a rogue - so I have a pretty good understanding of what you are talking about. One can only hope there will be more pvp balance changes soon.

Also, thanks for your cleric guide, Jazz!
  • overdriver13overdriver13 Member Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    exandres ,

Are you on a hr or cw? You seem to indicate both. Are you coming back after a long break or are do have more current end game classes than anyone here?? Can't be both, and can't articulate a coherent response to an incoherent point. I get mad and rage post also. I wanna respond to you though, but again, kind of tough when it is hard to see what your point is other than "argh pvp, ^&^%$".
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited April 2015
    Pay to Win threads and arguments are not allowed and neither are hostile threads that show disrespect to players or the devs. Please read the Rules of Conduct and post accordingly.

Safe travels,
    Archmage Zebular of Mystryl

PWE Community Moderator
    [ RoC | ToS | Support ]
This discussion has been closed.