test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

were now to level in dailies form to get back to campaigns @70?

mattsacremattsacre Member Posts: 330 Arc User
edited April 2015 in Player Feedback (PC)
So Sharandar and dread ring and all the former L60 "campaign" style dailies are now L70 zones. The promised buff up to 70 does not now work (I've tried to test it, 2 stroke croak...no fun :)) So now if we want back into what we once had @ L60 we have to grind out to L70 to get back in to boon up to get to "next" campaign all over again.

So I guess my question is: Since the former campaigns are now a no-go for L60s until we can grind up and regear to L70 to get back in....were do we grind at now to get to L70? Is there no Campaign to run? Is there no daily hub to inhabit?

I need some advice here..is it just to club swinging mobs in mass number to xp from that? Were do we go for the xp needed (and possible gear drops/rewards to replace our former great now outdated purples). Were is the "new" spot we go to now that campaigns are verboten? Advice?

On a side note: Dev's, suggestion here, maybe it's to late now if you can't regress sharandar back, but wouldn't it have been a good idea to keep sharandar L60 campaign zone and dread ring a L63-L65ish? Making well of dragons the "new" endgame campaign? Sharandar is the "introduction" to campaign style play.

Since the nodes from campaigns are gone to L60s until L70, can you clue us into were the L60-70 content is now going to be..and is there some story line or new content planned to fill the new gap?

Thanx
Post edited by mattsacre on

Comments

• Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    The new areas (Knox will send you to speak to the druid at that giant tree you can't really miss in the middle of PE) are designed for levelling.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    comlyncomlyn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    this really sucks we did all the work now we have to do it all over again. Being nerfed like this is why i left numerous other games.
    I was getting bored with the game having to do same thing every day.
    Now I have to go back and regrind to up to 70 to just be able to maginally compete in icewind or tyranie. I think i will go find another game and play. this nerfing and having to go back wards is not way to improve a game.
  • Options
    nehemiah217nehemiah217 Member Posts: 181 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I logged out in Rothe Valley trying to get my DC to 60. I logged in to really getting my but thrown around quite a bit, not stomped like with the campaigns, but even Rothe content was CLEARLY more challenging, which is awesome. I had a blast finishing that last quest, and yes, I did die a few times and actually thought that I might not be able to do it. I love a challenge. Making content more challenging is always a welcome change....

However....
    What I am seeing as the main issue is that this was only supposed to be a "raise in level cap" rather than "raise all lvl 60 content to lvl 70." My impression was that Share, Dread, IWD, and the Dragon area would remain lvl 60, with the intention of being used to level to 70. Not only will this significantly affect new players/new characters, but it had the potential of making the campaigns, particularly Share and Dread, worth something other than just to acquire the boons and/or to be used as a stepping stool to IWD. It's nearly as painful running the same 3 quests day after day as long as you are progressing to some end. So now, rather than using said areas and content to level TO 70, new players are going to have to GET to 70 really before they can do it. They had the perfect opportunity to allow the campaigns to be targeted at more players than just "those at max level." There already needs to be more interesting content in the game for more players other than those who are already at the top. Bumping up current lvl 60 areas to lvl 70 is NOT creating lvl 70 content.

The devs had a very good opportunity to use this as an opportunity to provide usable content for those striving for 70, instead of just the same thing once players reach 70.

Boring campaigns at 60 are still boring campaigns at 70. The only thing that Sharandar and Dread Ring had going for them was accessing IWD, which I think is the best campaign in the game. Now, with these changes, I have to wonder if the requirements to unlock IWD are now lvl 70, or is it still lvl 60 even though the pre-reqs are now 70?
    mattsacre wrote: »
    So Sharandar and dread ring and all the former L60 "campaign" style dailies are now L70 zones. The promised buff up to 70 does not now work (I've tried to test it, 2 stroke croak...no fun :)) So now if we want back into what we once had @ L60 we have to grind out to L70 to get back in to boon up to get to "next" campaign all over again.

So I guess my question is: Since the former campaigns are now a no-go for L60s until we can grind up and regear to L70 to get back in....were do we grind at now to get to L70? Is there no Campaign to run? Is there no daily hub to inhabit?

I need some advice here..is it just to club swinging mobs in mass number to xp from that? Were do we go for the xp needed (and possible gear drops/rewards to replace our former great now outdated purples). Were is the "new" spot we go to now that campaigns are verboten? Advice?

On a side note: Dev's, suggestion here, maybe it's to late now if you can't regress sharandar back, but wouldn't it have been a good idea to keep sharandar L60 campaign zone and dread ring a L63-L65ish? Making well of dragons the "new" endgame campaign? Sharandar is the "introduction" to campaign style play.

Since the nodes from campaigns are gone to L60s until L70, can you clue us into were the L60-70 content is now going to be..and is there some story line or new content planned to fill the new gap?

Thanx
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    I logged out in Rothe Valley trying to get my DC to 60. I logged in to really getting my but thrown around quite a bit, not stomped like with the campaigns, but even Rothe content was CLEARLY more challenging, which is awesome. I had a blast finishing that last quest, and yes, I did die a few times and actually thought that I might not be able to do it. I love a challenge. Making content more challenging is always a welcome change....

However....
    What I am seeing as the main issue is that this was only supposed to be a "raise in level cap" rather than "raise all lvl 60 content to lvl 70." My impression was that Share, Dread, IWD, and the Dragon area would remain lvl 60, with the intention of being used to level to 70. Not only will this significantly affect new players/new characters, but it had the potential of making the campaigns, particularly Share and Dread, worth something other than just to acquire the boons and/or to be used as a stepping stool to IWD. It's nearly as painful running the same 3 quests day after day as long as you are progressing to some end. So now, rather than using said areas and content to level TO 70, new players are going to have to GET to 70 really before they can do it. They had the perfect opportunity to allow the campaigns to be targeted at more players than just "those at max level." There already needs to be more interesting content in the game for more players other than those who are already at the top. Bumping up current lvl 60 areas to lvl 70 is NOT creating lvl 70 content.

The devs had a very good opportunity to use this as an opportunity to provide usable content for those striving for 70, instead of just the same thing once players reach 70.

Boring campaigns at 60 are still boring campaigns at 70. The only thing that Sharandar and Dread Ring had going for them was accessing IWD, which I think is the best campaign in the game. Now, with these changes, I have to wonder if the requirements to unlock IWD are now lvl 70, or is it still lvl 60 even though the pre-reqs are now 70?

Maybe I misunderstood, or maybe you did...who is to know? Like My OP from what I took from the dev notes shar,DR etc. were "suppost" to be L70 content, but when you entered, you as a L60 player were "suppost" to "buff" to L70, the game was "suppost" to sudobuff you to a L70 lite so to speak. That's what I was referring to about in that 2 stroke croak experiment I was talking about making, it failed miserably btw.

Also in the dev notes IWD gear/boon restrictions were "suppost" to be lifted i.e. no prerequisites as well as the gear restrictions for shar and DR. Being already L60 and having access previously to shar/DR/IWD I can't check the veracity of that. That previous needing L3 boons from shar/dr (per dev notes) for IWD was lifted, however it's moot isn't it? You can't survive shar/dr @ L60 from the L70 content, how you going to make it in IWD? lol.

Yeh, I really think they screwed the pooch on this one, they really had an opportunity to spread the campaign spectrum between shar to WoD making them L61-L70 in progression instead of making them all L70. All it done doing it the way they did is make L70 the new L60. The campaigns stacked up as "end content" at L60 none other then WoD actually being "end content". It would have refreshed old content into a new refurbished content natural progression, as it is, any new content added to WoD is going to be stacked up at L70 again just like it was before @ L60.
  • Options
    drezzatdrezzat Member Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    the point being we all ALREADY went thru those campaigns with crappy gear to begin with and worked up to where we could play there AND they just took it away from us. So anyway here's what I'm doing, going to all the new quests/areas to level to 70 and get my new gear so i can be rewarded by letting me play where I was already playing..maybe it'll take so long I'll forget them and it will BE like new LMAO what a big steaming load
  • Options
    angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    The good news is that you don't have to unlock Icewind Dale anymore - you can bypass Go, er, I mean Sharandar and Dread Ring and go straight there. So there's one one, and perhaps only? good decision the Devs made for Mod 6 Zones.
  • Options
    azlanfoxazlanfox Member Posts: 436 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    A good decision by way of a whole load of really bad ones? Sounds like Congress.
    The fox said, "lock and load"

glassdoor.com - Cryptic Studios Review
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    azlanfox wrote: »
    A good decision by way of a whole load of really bad ones? Sounds like Congress.

ROFL...PERFECT example!

Shovel ready projects...ton's of your money spent, spending money going to fix the economy! Well, erm the projects aren't really shovel ready..but we will spend the money and they will get ready....and hey it's not really about getting work done, it's about stimulating the economy! yeh yeh that's the story, the economy! Well we spent the money...and that stimulation effects going to kick in any time now....any time...

Well it didn't quite work as we planned, but 7% of those shovel ready jobs did eventually get shovel ready and done, yes we spent lots of money and stimulated things, we drove down the economy by 17% with the spending..but HEY! the economy went up by 1.3% for a few months..that was a roaring success...see spending money when your broke DOES work! Never mind were all that money for shovel ready stuff went..it was about "stimulus"! Hey...why are you even questioning the fact that all that money went into my friends and cronies pockets? It stimulated things! (their bank accounts anyway).

This stimulus thing works so great, spending when we are broke to get less broke that we are going to do it AGAIN, double down so to speak, well yeh the last time only worked a little bit, but I'm sure if we spend even more this time it's BOUND to work EVEN BETTER! Why are you even questioning this? We mean well, so I'm sure it will all somehow magicly work out well....stop hindering what we are doing here...what you hate America or something? You a terrorist or a traitor? Why would you question us going deeper into debt to stimulate things, spending money lie drunken sailors is clearly the way to go...if you question my motives you must be...umm a racist! a homophobe...that's it! your a racist-homophobic-traitor-poorpeople-polluting MEANIE!
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Ever see something done so ineptly that you wonder what they were ever thinking (not just this Mod6, anything in RL). I have that feeling all the time and wish I could have been a fly on the wall at those moments to see just what the thought process was.

One of my favorite moments would have been when Terrentino was pitching the From Dusk to Dawn movie, T:"So yes MR. exec, so we got this criminal on the lamb in texas, and he is in a running speed chase and gun battle with the rangers, then he springs his brother from the clink so they can continue their crime spree..."Exec "ok" T:" Then we find out the brother was not a gunman heist guy, he was a sex pervert guy and he kills women after his hallucinations" Exec: "Odd twist there, but ok, can't wait to see how this goes" T:" So then the criminal brother got to get to mexico so they can get their identities changed..." Exec: "Ok. continue" T:"So they need this family in their motor home as a distraction to get across the border...Oh and the father used to be a father, a Padre in the catholic church" Exec: "wait how you going to explain that? A Catholic priest is celebate, how he having kids?" T:"oh didn't I mention he had a crisis of faith when his childhood sweetheart dies from some wasting disease? K that's what happened and so he dropped out of the church and oh thought it would be good to adopt 2 kids, the son being partially oriental" Exec:"ok, does the fact the kid is Asian play into anything?" T:" no, just going for a other ethnic angle, nothing plot wise" Exec:" ok with you so far..continue" T:" so the perve brother starts making on the attractive daughter, who is confused by it all, but is a bit excited by the fact that they are viscerally criminals now too, so they get over the border (they former padre now dad warning the criminals if they harm his daughter he gunna get even) and to the ironically bar in mexico" Exec:" bit much there, but go on" T:" so they are in this hedonistic bar and we introduce ironic 70-80 Hispanic stoner movie stars and they get their Identities changed, and then some vampires start to come out and killing al the patrons.." Exec: "whoa whoa wait up there...did you say VAMPIRES? Were the heck did that come from..vampires!?!" T:" Yes vampires, trust me it's going to work..it's classic..it will work...."

That how I feel some of these pitchs go when they make dumb ideas go for Mods..."trust me...yes it's convoluted..but it will work...it HAS too it's to cool not to!"
  • Options
    bammurbammur Member Posts: 38
    edited April 2015
    The new areas (Knox will send you to speak to the druid at that giant tree you can't really miss in the middle of PE) are designed for levelling.

At about 2500 xp per 'quest' (over and over again) I'm not sure 'designed for leveling' is the correct phrase.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    bammur wrote: »
    At about 2500 xp per 'quest' (over and over again) I'm not sure 'designed for leveling' is the correct phrase.

Did you notice that for a level 60 in the old campaign areas, your old daily quests only give 1200ish XP each? Not gonna level up faster from those even if you can bull through them.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    darkstarcrashdarkstarcrash Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,382 Arc User
    edited April 2015

Once you get the hang of it, leveling is super fast and easy in the new zones.

Take 4 quests with overlapping objectives plus the kill-all quest, finish them in 15 minutes, get the next 4.

As an example for 4 quests that work together in Drowned Shore first area: Herbal Malady (pick herbs outside and inside mines), Silver Strike (pick up silver in Silver Strike mine), Deepclaw (named "boss" at end of Silver Strike mine), Sea Trolling (kill 35 sea trolls, which are found in and outside the mine).

You can do similar packs of quests in all zones. The most efficient way is check each quest the three quest-givers are offering and figure out 4 that are in an overlapping area. Also keep an eye out for HE quests for the heroic encounter that is currently up, and prioritize quests that reward Elemental Aggregate or Unified Elements.
  • Options
    bammurbammur Member Posts: 38
    edited April 2015
    Did you notice that for a level 60 in the old campaign areas, your old daily quests only give 1200ish XP each? Not gonna level up faster from those even if you can bull through them.

I didn't notice that, maybe because I wasn't grinding there for xp. I had some non-campaign content I could do at 4k plus, but that is almost done now (and is done for some characters). Those tend to take longer, so maybe the xp per hour is similar but since it was story driven and not all rinse and repeat it felt faster.

Oh well, we'll all get to 70 soon enough so I won't complain too much ...
  • Options
    thewolfisloosethewolfisloose Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015

It's not that bad. This game was always too fast. You could go from 0 to 60 in a few days. I think there are two seed quests given in PE that give 5000xp if you're looking for a quick easy boost. Some of the quests in Reclamation Rock are too grindy I'll give you that. Not doing the 40 galeb duhr kill quest again anytime soon.