test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

What should i do?? Feel bored...

jazzfongjazzfong Member Posts: 1,079 Arc User
edited April 2015 in PvE Discussion
Everything now is tough for me especially i cant even do dread dailies if i was surrounded by those little zombies. I had to bait 3 to 4 to kill each time instead of the old "group all and aoe them" playstyle. It is so boring and slow doing all these old content and you have to do more questing to get to level 70, or else you cant use your gear and get both artifact weapon and offhand. Actually i quite dislike doing pve content, but now it is the only reliable way to get to lvl 70.

8T5gxiC.jpg?1

I have 3/4 Burning Elemental set and lacks glory for the last one because i didnt purposely farm glory before Mod 6. GG pvp and Dom pvp gives so less glory now and i wonder how long should i take to get the last piece of Burning Elemental. Preparing Black ice is even worse. That 150k BI really makes me mad and really waste my time mining and mining and mining.

So finally, can i ask is there something for me to do to avoid these bored stuffs? Looks like everything starts at level 70, but the work done to get into 70 is huge and boring... ESPECIALLY PVE QUESTING....

Any idea to help me??
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    blackxxwolf3blackxxwolf3 Member Posts: 1,539 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    lmfao i pvp in the meantime. but to get my offhand ofr free i gotta complete spinward rise and the giants wont stop killing me by chain ccing me. its driving me nuts dude.
  • Options
    silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Its funny, I was going to make a similar post..

and I dont even hate pve.. but this sort of pve is just silly boring, repeated quests, no story arcs, boring , boring, BORING! No flow at all.

and it so slow, thats the worst part.. by far, it needs to be sped up, they are killing me with boredom.

Ive done about ten matches on both gg and dom and again.. too slooooooW, there is no benefit to winning for exp either, appears I get 3k either way.

What were they thinking?

(The only quests that seem to give over the 2k is old TOD ones, portal is a quick once a week hit, wish I could do it every day.)

cryptic, are you just trying to drive us out of the game?

I dont mind doing leveling and questing, but I cant even get into your storyline, due to how HAPhazard the arcs are and the repeating quests.. omg!!!!

Increase experience per quest now please! Triple it.
  • Options
    suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    ...apparently C wants to get higher sales of and thus more income from XP-boosters and Healthstones...
  • Options
    tinead51tinead51 Member Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Move onto pastures new, they've played their hand in the direction they want the game to go.

It was kinda fun whilst it lasted but the fun factor just went the way of the dodo...
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    How did people actually grind this <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> out to 70 already?

I get a level a day with doing like 50 quests or some silly # like that and a few dom matches.

Im not rewarding them with money for releasing boring content..
  • Options
    blackxxwolf3blackxxwolf3 Member Posts: 1,539 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    silverkelt wrote: »
    How did people actually grind this <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> out to 70 already?

I get a level a day with doing like 50 quests or some silly # like that and a few dom matches.

Im not rewarding them with money for releasing boring content..

im not paying another dime for this lazyness. i mean they make a sloth look like an Olympic sprinter.
  • Options
    jazzfongjazzfong Member Posts: 1,079 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Can someone suggest some easy quests which gives high experience but dont need you to face mobs 10+ level higher than you?? Even better if the quest doesnt require you to run whole map a few times to complete it. I only know the dragon slaying quests only. Even ToD lair i have to drink pots and may use some injury kits.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    I know of no other quests, if you didnt finish whispering caverns and are not too high, you can go in and do them. But I did them with my dc.. so it doesnt help.

Ive asked as well.. Ive even ran some 3 mans , skirms anything to see if I can level another way. 3 mans do not seem terrible, you get 3-4 k in kill experience, but it takes just as much time as the solo pve stuff, so its not faster.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Hotenow might work, Foundry gives some XP for each one played through - but while this might be more rewarding gameplay, it might also yield little XP per hour and / or be horrible... ...but if you know good ones you considered revisiting, now woul probably be a good time to do so. Oh, and the ToD-quests in the "stapled-on" dragon zones might be an option, too.
  • Options
    colonelwingcolonelwing Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Luckily, levelled to 60 in PvP and can still do, Hotenow, Whispering caverns, Rothe, etc. unless the quest exp in said zones got nerfed. I'll give it a shot, though x)

• Options
    samothrace22samothrace22 Member Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Well, at level 70 it's just refining, don't know how much that interests you
    ────────────────────────────
    SAMOTHRACE
    Trickster Rogue
    ────────────────────────────
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    The new zones are where you're intended to be levelling up, not the campaign ones that are bumped to 70+. But I think that's where you're feeling bored.

The quickie intro quests with Minsc became repeatable though I didn't check that out to see if they scale now or what, or if they're now dailies or hourlies.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Well, at level 70 it's just refining, don't know how much that interests you

there are dds and pvp to do still.. get new sets and level other alts and paladin.

There is plenty to do, they didnt have to time gate leveling to this extent, it was a major pain the but on preview, and I was able to copy tomes.

Yes, I agree not having at least one new DD kind of sucked.
  • Options
    piejalpiejal Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 403 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    my first impresion of mod 6 is all just about grind to the 16x quest each post point of campfire..
    it's just like Cryptic wanna give longer content for us to do in 1 map but to lazy create quality content
    i miss the good content when we progressing from lv 1-30 not to repeat in and out zone again and again.. just to do similar things
    with the nerf of exp we got from quest it's like we been force to get the exp from doing boring grind and not from progressing the story.. even i think just hit every mob we can see is more way faster to leveling up than go back and forth to report to npc..
    when cryptic decide to delay it to 7th April for quality content.. it's raise my hope.. well i should not hoping much
    my last hope for PVE is new dungeon.. but still need to grind my way to get there
    by the way i appreciate Dev work with awsome new map and auto pick on hoard and fey bless drop.. thank you so much for this
  • Options
    mifiisumifiisu Member Posts: 205 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    piejal wrote: »
    by the way i appreciate Dev work with awsome new map and auto pick on hoard and fey bless drop.. thank you so much for this

O_o fey drops are also supposed to be auto-picked? Coz my bound R5's aren't being automatically put to my inv :/
  • Options
    fgreyspearfgreyspear Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 472 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2015
    jazzfong wrote: »
    Any idea to help me??

I was in the same situation like you. So I went looking to find the right quest path but got lost. I was expecting a story arc like those from 1 to 60 and could not find it. So I asked on the forums for help. Eventually somebody explained that it is 16 quest you have to make and then get to proceed into a new area with another 16 and so on (196 quests in total according to someone who did the math). I then took my first char, a GF, which I use to play defensively and ground mobs like never before in this game. I do not like grinding, but it is not my first game and I can sustain some grinding if necessary. Now that I have reached level 65 did I stop and switched to my second char, a CW. She is for offensive playing and with that is she utterly stuck and only keeps dying against simple mobs. It is not that she is powerless. I could even clear a couple 5+ encounters with her (13k GS), but it is gotten so difficult and has become a matter of sheer chance that it is not enjoyable in anyway. All it needs is a tiny lag spike, a bit of rubber banding, Windows doing something in the background or something else that is not quite right, and suddenly a power will not trigger or too late. Usually this would only cost me some life, but now it means I am getting send back to the fireplace. Even when I use potions and stock-pile injury kits and race back on my epic mount is the difficulty simply too chaotic for me to handle.

So then I have stopped playing for now. It is a nice game and I do not want to ruin my joy with it by actually playing on the current difficulty. I do not think this is all actually meant to be, but there is a misconception somewhere and something was forgotten by the devs. Most game makers do design their games to be easy so that it draws in as many players as possible and from a wide range of ages, and not do the opposite by turning it into a hardcore grind for an elite few players. I can only imagine how the managers at PerfectWorld must be steaming over what the devs did with mod 6 *lol*. According to some players are entire instances empty with players just sitting at the fire. I am pretty sure this situation will get rectified by the devs soon. I have been reading the feedback/issues thread and it is full of very similar posts like yours and mine. Many are on the edge of quitting, but at the same time want to hold on. I guess this is all just going to look funny in a couple of weeks.

You can try doing all these things that I did or go straight to playing some other game until this mess got sorted out. I am actually going to get me Elder Scrolls Online now and give it a go. Been a fan of both, the entire Baldur's Gate/Neverwinter series as well as the Elder Scrolls series. Not sure when I will be coming back though. The devs can blame themselves for all I care.
    Stay frosty.
  • Options
    ofnieslafofnieslaf Member Posts: 381 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    what u should do?..

..... actually playi the content they worked so hard to give u

regards
  • Options
    sirpickleturdsirpickleturd Member Posts: 35
    edited April 2015
    ofnieslaf wrote: »
    what u should do?..

..... actually playi the content they worked so hard to give u

regards

Knock off your white knight routine, it's getting old. People are allowed to be upset with this train-wreck.
  • Options
    dublindandublindan Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Knock off your white knight routine, it's getting old. People are allowed to be upset with this train-wreck.
    yes, but there is a difference between whining and constructive criticism. There is an easy way to level post patch, and that is to do the grinding 16 mission line. Is it going to be fun for everyone? No, but often times goals have to be worked towards with non fun stuff. I can't remember a day going by were people were not complaining how boring and painful the grind of Shandahar was. But everyone did it because they wanted the boons. If You want level 70 fast, you are going to have to do the grind. This is what the game is and has been, no different now. It is a grind fest.
  • Options
    fgreyspearfgreyspear Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 472 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2015
    dublindan wrote: »
    This is what the game is and has been, no different now. It is a grind fest.
    No, it never was a grind fest. Maybe only you never did anything but to grind it?!

Speaking of grind fest, how funny would it be if role players would see their role playing as a grind fest? "Oh no, again the same role over and over again. Role play is such a grind fest ..." *lol* :rolleyes:

Seriously, if you think the game is nothing but a grind fest to you then you are doing something wrong. It is quite nice to have the dailies as a routine, running dungeons with guild mates for party play and fun with friends. Oh and the daily PvP Domination is nothing less than a ritual.

I am sure you will agree by now that the game is not a grind fest...
    Stay frosty.
  • Options
    pointsmanpointsman Member Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Here is my current plan.

Right now I am only leveling my CW (my main), not anyone else.

I did all 3x16 Vigilance quests in the Drowned Shore. That was kind of a pain. But, that got me to lvl 64, with enough XP to start Reclamation Rock. By time I finished the first set of 16 Vigilance quests in Reclamation Rock, I had already reached lvl 65, so that made me eligible to start Fiery Pit.

Since the Vigilance quests are a bit tedious and dull, my current plan is to do a few in each zone, Reclamation Rock and Fiery Pit, advancing to each zone's next set of 16, until I have enough XP to start Spinward Rise, at which point I'll probably have to finally ditch the High Vizier and put on some of the leveling gear (*sob*).

Also I found that you have to pick your Vigilance Quests carefully. Some give ~4k XP, some give only half of that. The super-easy ones, like "kill this one dude", are the small XP quests. The more tedious grindy ones, like "collect 700 explorer journals" are the large XP ones. So I always get the large XP ones unless there are no others left for me to get.

But I am definitely worried about my other chars, as my CW is by far the best geared of all of them. I will probably have to get a lot more defensive stuff for them, and loan out my CW enchants to them.
  • Options
    piejalpiejal Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 403 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    mifiisu wrote: »
    O_o fey drops are also supposed to be auto-picked? Coz my bound R5's aren't being automatically put to my inv :/
    Is that so? Sorry my mistake only hoard then
  • Options
    matthiasthehun76matthiasthehun76 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,184 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Can't help myself, but the more i think about this "new" Mod 6, my historian side comes alive.

I feel this platform, the PC was just only a milestone to reach the ultimate goal, namely XBox.

As long as they didn't reach it, we had a fantastic game, Devs had unique and brilliant ideas, a top notch action combat system.

Since the management reached it's goal to get on Xbox, i see the game without any new ideas, the entire game and this Mod only feels as a bad patchwork, everything thrown together.

Are we the PC players important anymore, i doubt it...
    The real honest man is honest from conviction of what is right, not from policy.
    Robert E. Lee

I only believe in statistics that I doctored myself.
    Winston Churchill

The human race is a herd. Here we are, unique, eternal aspects of consciousness with an infinity of potential, and we have allowed ourselves to become an unthinking, unquestioning blob of conformity and uniformity. A herd. Once we concede to the herd mentality, we can be controlled and directed by a tiny few. And we are.
    David Icke

• Options
    edited April 2015
    I sloted 5 r7s azures just to speed up the process..

Also , you need to look at quests, dont just take random ones, there are some that give 4k.. when you get to the end of the line, you can earn like 14k with a couple of the end quests. Its still pathetically slow and boring with repeated content way too high.

I also stopped flubbing around and spent the 100k for the elemental leveling set.. Im not even going to use epics on my others now.

I just pulled the entire sea hag hold at 64 with my dc.. feels much nicer tbh. I think this all will help and I will pass all my azures around to each of my alts.

ug to this though, why make repeated boring content so necessary to leveling.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    ...what makes this so extremely painful is the prospect that I'll have to do that again with my 4 alts... ...and then, maybe not the first, but the second one probably will be hitting the 70 without the glorified new ArtiWeapon :^(.

Lvl-70-fighting all those jam-packed sea trolls e.g. - doesn't really qualify for what I'd see as my favourite pastime.
  • Options
    baszun67baszun67 Member Posts: 89
    edited April 2015
    jazzfong wrote: »
    Everything now is tough for me especially i cant even do dread dailies if i was surrounded by those little zombies. I had to bait 3 to 4 to kill each time instead of the old "group all and aoe them" playstyle. It is so boring and slow doing all these old content and you have to do more questing to get to level 70, or else you cant use your gear and get both artifact weapon and offhand. Actually i quite dislike doing pve content, but now it is the only reliable way to get to lvl 70.

8T5gxiC.jpg?1

I have 3/4 Burning Elemental set and lacks glory for the last one because i didnt purposely farm glory before Mod 6. GG pvp and Dom pvp gives so less glory now and i wonder how long should i take to get the last piece of Burning Elemental. Preparing Black ice is even worse. That 150k BI really makes me mad and really waste my time mining and mining and mining.

So finally, can i ask is there something for me to do to avoid these bored stuffs? Looks like everything starts at level 70, but the work done to get into 70 is huge and boring... ESPECIALLY PVE QUESTING....

Any idea to help me??

I love this. The obvious answer is buy xp boosts from zen market. Now you are going to exclaim how you are free to play, won't invest money in this <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, etc. My rebuttal will be to remind you that if you really are free to play, you don't get to complain, about any of it, it's free. If you do invest more than your voluntary time, then stop buying companions and mounts to make measly 200k, and get the xp boosts!!! Saw one that jumps like 450k?? Dno price but if it's too slow for you, that is THE only answer you are going to get from cryptic.
  • Options
    twilightwatchmantwilightwatchman Member Posts: 2,007 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    dublindan wrote: »
    Is it going to be fun for everyone? No, but often times goals have to be worked towards with non fun stuff.
    Seriously? Dude - it's a game, not a job. If it's not fun I ain't playing it. Period. Plenty of other things to do in my limited leisure time that ARE fun.
    Jenna Sunsoul - Justice Tankadin
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Karrin Feywinter - Mistress of Flame
    Errin Duskwalker - Executioner
    Darquess - Soulbinder