Install Arc
Options

Mod 6 feedback

13»

Comments

• Options
    theastromachinetheastromachine Member Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited April 2015

New endgame content for higher/increasingly more difficult encounters should have been provided.

I would normally agree with you, except for one thing. The end game content, as it was, was laughably easy. I'm a DC main, and don't even have BIS gear and I was able to solo many heroic encounters, my greatest enemy being the time limit. End game content should challenge the players. I'm glad they are fixing that. Just give it a week or two, the game from start to finish will benefit from these changes, not just the level 60's who got caught in the awkward transition.
  • Options
    instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I would normally agree with you, except for one thing. The end game content, as it was, was laughably easy. I'm a DC main, and don't even have BIS gear and I was able to solo many heroic encounters, my greatest enemy being the time limit. End game content should challenge the players. I'm glad they are fixing that. Just give it a week or two, the game from start to finish will benefit from these changes, not just the level 60's who got caught in the awkward transition.

So we who got stuck in the transition, who have already anted up money to work towards items and equipment sets that we'll never be able to finish, it's a big old "eff you" to us, just so it can make sense for fresh players coming in?

Yeah, no.

Had they expanded difficulty (there was the dev blog about scaling difficulty of place to character level), that would have not made existing places so "easy". ("Easy", of course, being relative. There were very few dungeons that a party of 12k-16k were able to actually finish)... Tiamat was tough enough with AFKers and dropouts. The rest of the WoD could have been easily scaled up.
    header.png
    "...I grab my wiener and charge!" - ironzerg79
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    So we who got stuck in the transition, who have already anted up money to work towards items and equipment sets that we'll never be able to finish, it's a big old "eff you" to us, just so it can make sense for fresh players coming in?

Well, it was either deal with the transition, or deal with the fact that Dread Ring, Sharandar, etc., if made at a level where 60's could play, would no longer be end game content. If they didn't scale the difficulty up in those areas you would be a level 70 god running over everything in those areas, and what, maybe one module to do stuff in. Lots of people would be level 70s forced to go back into level 60 zones to do their daily missions there for their boons. How ****ty would that be? I suspect that they will eventually restrict those places to level 70s only, problem is there were lots of level 60s who would have been just thrown out on their ears from those areas without the ability to get back. Also, consider if they add a new mod and restrict it to level 70, leaving the old areas for 60s, where do you go to increase your levels? Grind out more and more daily missions that give you nothing to look forward to because you already have those boons/equipment? At least in the 60-70 transition content they are doing we get artifact main and off hands to look forward to. A module launched under those circumstances would have 0 people playing it on launch day.

And don't complain about equipment, with every expansion of every MMO the old gear gets more and more useless as time goes by. People want expansion BECAUSE they want more gear to earn and work for.

The game is not broken, the devs aren't telling you to eff yourself, the sky is not falling. The amount of people wining here because they have to earn 10 more levels is astounding.
  • Options
    twilightwatchmantwilightwatchman Member Posts: 2,007 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Well, it was either deal with the transition, or deal with the fact that Dread Ring, Sharandar, etc., if made at a level where 60's could play, would no longer be end game content. If they didn't scale the difficulty up in those areas you would be a level 70 god running over everything in those areas, and what, maybe one module to do stuff in. Lots of people would be level 70s forced to go back into level 60 zones to do their daily missions there for their boons. How ****ty would that be? I suspect that they will eventually restrict those places to level 70s only, problem is there were lots of level 60s who would have been just thrown out on their ears from those areas without the ability to get back. Also, consider if they add a new mod and restrict it to level 70, leaving the old areas for 60s, where do you go to increase your levels? Grind out more and more daily missions that give you nothing to look forward to because you already have those boons/equipment? At least in the 60-70 transition content they are doing we get artifact main and off hands to look forward to. A module launched under those circumstances would have 0 people playing it on launch day.
    Here's a thought. Why not have the L60-L70 transition maps AND new L70 endgame content while leaving the L60 campaigns as is?

Too much work, you say?

Pish. One game I mentioned earlier added two entire continents of levelling zones with full quest chains AND full-on endgame Raid zones when they did their level cap raise.
    Jenna Sunsoul - Justice Tankadin
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Karrin Feywinter - Mistress of Flame
    Errin Duskwalker - Executioner
    Darquess - Soulbinder
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    The game is not broken
    Parts of it most definitely are, and will be until at least the 23rd of April. I've never before experienced a company pushing product live full of known and acknowledged bugs and just plain broken stuff. And I've been gaming online since before the Internet.
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Darquess - Soulbinder
  • Options
    learch123learch123 Member Posts: 514 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2015
    lag lag lag lag oh did i mention the lag
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Here's a thought. Why not have the L60-L70 transition maps AND new L70 endgame content while leaving the L60 campaigns as is?

Too much work, you say?

Pish. One game I mentioned earlier added two entire continents of levelling zones with full quest chains AND full-on endgame Raid zones when they did their level cap raise.

Out of curiosity, what was the game and what was the expansion called?
  • Options
    akeel3akeel3 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Hi
    Look, I d like to explain something LEVELING : the idea of lvling is use ur power and skill u have to know them and put the powers u like ...

from 60 lvl ->70:
    what i saw there ..its only repeat 16-18 VERY VERY boring quests and repeat them almost 50 times for each zone (3 zones--3 x50 --150 repeated quests(boring quests))

ALL OF THAT so u can GET 2 POWERS ...u have to spend 150 quest times 7 mins as AVG--(7x150=~1050 mins ~18 hours)
    to get 2 powers..i really didn't like it for me its worst lvling ever i saw until now..if u guyz think its creative idea i give u my word ITS NOT
    fix that boring lvling
    thx
  • Options
    djarkaandjarkaan Member Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Here is some more feedback:

I cannot imagine what we would have gotten if the launch had not been delayed 3 weeks... This mod has a lot of things... that people don't like:

Server issues on launch day and more issues 2 days later. You want people to play, right?

Changes to items bought with Zen. That's a big, why would I buy anything else with Zen if you change it later? I don't mean devaluing with new stuff. But removing base stats from Augment Companions? Really?

Old areas, new difficulty, ok, only problem here, we get old rewards as well. RNG use to be the gate between me and the eye of lathander artifact. Now I have to level up for my daily 0.00001% chance at it? Yeah I don''t think so, too bad I already refined the belt and the cloak and they are now bound.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Out of curiosity, what was the game and what was the expansion called?
    It was Rift, and the expansion was Storm Legion (Rift 2.0).

Granted this was a paid-for expansion on launch (although Rift went FTP not long after) so I wouldn't expect anything the same size for free, but there is plenty of room between the two extremes for something a lot better than Mod 6.
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Darquess - Soulbinder
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    akeel3 wrote: »
    Hi
    Look, I d like to explain something LEVELING : the idea of lvling is use ur power and skill u have to know them and put the powers u like ...

from 60 lvl ->70:
    what i saw there ..its only repeat 16-18 VERY VERY boring quests and repeat them almost 50 times for each zone (3 zones--3 x50 --150 repeated quests(boring quests))

ALL OF THAT so u can GET 2 POWERS ...u have to spend 150 quest times 7 mins as AVG--(7x150=~1050 mins ~18 hours)
    to get 2 powers..i really didn't like it for me its worst lvling ever i saw until now..if u guyz think its creative idea i give u my word ITS NOT
    fix that boring lvling
    thx
    1 more question how u think player feel about repeated quests ? enjoy of repeating quests OVER n over !!
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    mehguy138 wrote: »
    This mod sucks sooo bad. There are literally not a single new piece of content. Old campaigns people are fed up with were made into new lvl 70 areas, lol. No new dungeons, no new campaigns, no new pvp. Even 'new' leveling areas are the old ones with little to no visual distinctions. Oh, we got one absolutely new area for doing what? Unoriginal BS 'kill 100 mobs' and 'bring n pieces of this and m of that'?

All these new levels are just a cheap excuse to sell blood rubies and coalescent wards.

I agree with u 100% if they want us keep pay money for this game hey just put somthing nice and fun..what i see.. its count 1- 1000 and repeat !! do u think we pay for that? from me ..its no
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Well, it was either deal with the transition, or deal with the fact that Dread Ring, Sharandar, etc., if made at a level where 60's could play, would no longer

Wow. I'm not sure if you're trolling or just obtuse.

1) Existing content should have not been modified, outside of scaling it to the player's level, so there would be increasing difficult as we leveled from 61-70. Existing armor sets and equipment should have remained intact do we would still have something to grind for, not just grinding for the same of leveling, because that is NOT fun.

2) Mod 6 should have been used to introduce a new endgame campaign. Again, scaling the level for players (but maybe a little tougher), so that we would get a feel for the new endgame areas, and get to explore new places. All without pointless endless "leveling quests".

I don't understand where the disconnect is here.. I don't think the sky is falling, but I can't say the same for the game.
    header.png
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Annual extensions would be fine. Please note the word "extensions". Quarterly "add-ons" (side quests) could be utilized to provide a continuous flow of fresh material.

"Level creep" could be prevented by tossing a simple(?) level scaling algorithm for monsters.

Bringing the game back into D&D would be great too, and not just by dredging up some NPC from ancient history.

So much potential, so many awesome ideas... This game could be everything a D&D player could ever want in an MMO...
    header.png
  • Options
    hadel21#4226 hadel21 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    im not happy but very disappointed because of what they did to icewind dale , sharadar , dread ring and the campaigns cause they did not have to boost them up to 70 cap cause all they did was made people cry about it and if they would of left it alone at your level cap then it would of been just fine from 61 to 71 cap cause all i want to do is spend my time back in thoses places so my toons that i haven't gotten done yet could get there done since i don't want to spend my time in Drowned Shores Spinward Rise and The Fiery Pit since i think thoses places are boring
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    ewoire21 wrote: »
    im not happy but very disappointed because of what they did to icewind dale , sharadar , dread ring and the campaigns cause they did not have to boost them up to 70 cap cause all they did was made people cry about it and if they would of left it alone at your level cap then it would of been just fine from 61 to 71 cap cause all i want to do is spend my time back in thoses places so my toons that i haven't gotten done yet could get there done since i don't want to spend my time in Drowned Shores Spinward Rise and The Fiery Pit since i think thoses places are boring

So wasting players time on repeating same zones by same quests ..players got bored from that 3days 2 hours in a day doing same very boring quests to get lvl 70 so i can go same DD i already finished to get new same gears but with higher lvl ? is this creative idea? from my side its no

1 more question why u reduced other places Exp rewards like dread ring at the same time u make each higher lvl more exp needed like 60-61 need 100k but 65-66 need 180 k exp
    My advice to u remove those zone and make new DD and boost that Exp 4 times instead of wasting ppl time on farming mushrooms and killing crabs when they already did end game content 40% of them r pro players now they farm mushrooms and killing crabs !!! i mean seriously
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    There are some massive environment issues in Spinward (getting stuck in rocks, etc.), and honestly, not having ANY sort of fancy effect when closing portals is rather lame. Even foundry authors will take the time to make zappy SFX...
    header.png
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Finally made it to level 70 and through all the Elemental stuff. I "bought" the eternal set from the Tyranny of Dragons store, and wept as I put blue armor back on my character... but the extra 30k HP is kinda nice.

So, in case no one has said this out loud, in plain wording:

When you hit level 70, talk to Knox in PE and he'll send you to Lord Protector who will give you a bunch of stuff, to include a new artifact off-hand. My existing Level 26 artifact off-hand gave something like 50k refining points. Not quite enough to make the new one blue, but close.

But here is the BIG thing that really needs to be stated:

When you complete all the Elemental quests (to include all the end-quests where you get the elemental seed and take it back to PE), the Archdruid gives you your new main hand Artifact weapon.

I don't recall seeing this information plainly stated anywhere. My existing main hand artifact (not sure of the level, but it was blue) gave me just over 111k refining points in my new main hand artifact.

I'm so very glad that something in my head told me to stop investing RP into my artifact weapons... I knew that at some point we'd be getting the new artifacts, but wasn't sure if we had to buy them with AD or whatever. Even though the endless repetitive grind wasn't really worth getting equipment that replaced stuff that I had already busted my <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>$ to get, it is nice having the "latest and greatest" so soon after the mod release.

With these upgrades, I can solo in WoD again with relative ease. I know that it will be a very, very, very long time before I visit Tiamat again, but in the meanwhile I can start hoarding coffers and coins again.
    header.png
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Greetings

Lets start :) after leveling 3 chars to 70 from 60 (most were +14 k+G.vorpal...etc),I found these points about MOD 6

1-repeatitive quest for lvling (almost 200 quests for getting lvl 70)..ends with off hand -main hand weapons lvl 70
    Com:u dont need making very boring quest and torturing players for giving them new weapons that should be fun and enjoy trip for players(if they r pay 2 win players or free 2 play) its a game
    2-NEW artifacts and weapons ench...more DMG
    Com:) Ifu want to push players for buying refine points and wards instead of ages of grinding for getting max lvl ..i m not paying for getting same artifacts with same animation ..only stats be double
    3-zones and dungnes +70 have adds "normal" that can kill u with 45k heath by 1hit !!!!!!!! and ur dmg with that gears still same dmg almost..cant see the point behind that!!!!!!
    4-removeing bonus from gears ..its most ridicules decision u mad beside the 3 above
    continue with those mod 6 points and many players will stop pay and play this game
    thanks
  • Options
    crnac79crnac79 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    right now...some dude on AH JUST POSTED 13 sets/stacks of 99 BLUE MARK OF STABILITY.

I have only one question: HOW he have that item so much? (when it can be found only in nodes)

13 x 99 = 1287 !!!

I mean...really??
  • Options
    suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    crnac79 wrote: »
    right now...some dude on AH JUST POSTED 13 sets/stacks of 99 BLUE MARK OF STABILITY.

I have only one question: HOW he have that item so much? (when it can be found only in nodes)

13 x 99 = 1287 !!!

I mean...really??

...he probably bought them whenever they were cheap. Maybe plenty of those just yesterday evening (CEST), when news of 2xRP broke. Now tries to sell them back with 50%-100% added.

"Fast trading. The smart duckhead's way to make tons of AD"